PDA

View Full Version : Don Cowie

tinnyhibby
22-02-2017, 01:41 PM
"I just feel that, if we play to our best, we've got better players."

Many thanks to Don Cowie for the contribution to NL's pre-match pep talk!!

nellio
22-02-2017, 02:14 PM
How does he know that most of their players have only played a few games!!

Ozyhibby
22-02-2017, 02:41 PM
They have been saying this all week. Let's hope we ram them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
22-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Oh Don Don Don, *face plant*

On the topic of him I really hope he plays!! Don't rate him at all each time I've seen him play. Completely rank.

heretoday
22-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Cathro: "He said what?

Oh no! Whadda mistakada maka...."

where'stheslope
22-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Not sure he's said anything wrong?

If he came out and said we have a bunch of losers, that would be controversial, but every team thinks they have the better players, "even us"!!!!!

Billy Whizz
22-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Heard he's doubtful for tonight

Peevemor
22-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Not sure he's said anything wrong?

If he came out and said we have a bunch of losers, that would be controversial, but every team thinks they have the better players, "even us"!!!!!

I think he comes across pretty well.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-02-2017, 04:36 PM
What does he know? tube, I also see at supporters functions they have been at him saying that beating us is a must every time, obsessed weirdo's :yw:

lyonhibs
22-02-2017, 04:42 PM
What does he know? tube, I also see at supporters functions they have been at him saying that beating us is a must every time, obsessed weirdo's :yw:

Nothing wrong with conveying the importance of the derby to new players IMO. Was amongst the various root causes of our (until recently) fairly mediocre record against them.

Their players were almost always more "up for it" than ours.

The redressing of that balance does rather seem to have ruffled a feather or 2 down Crimecastle way.

Baader
22-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Nothing wrong with conveying the importance of the derby to new players IMO. Was amongst the various root causes of our (until recently) fairly mediocre record against them.

Their players were almost always more "up for it" than ours.

The redressing of that balance does rather seem to have ruffled a feather or 2 down Crimecastle way.

Our poor record against them post McLeish stems from the fact they had a £36M start on us.

If Hibs had decided not to pay the bills and sign players we couldn't afford or wouldn't pay we wouldn't have lost many to them over that period...

lyonhibs
22-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Our poor record against them post McLeish stems from the fact they had a £36M start on us.

If Hibs had decided not to pay the bills and sign players we couldn't afford or wouldn't pay we wouldn't have lost many to them over that period...

There were various occasions where we were well capable of playing better football than them but lost the on pitch battle in the timeframe you mention.

Anyway, all water under the bridge now. I think we'll play better football on the better pitch and skelp them out the SC tonight. Again.