PDA

View Full Version : Singing section moving next season

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2017, 11:07 AM
I know its been talked about recently, but I've just read on Facebook that a Season ticket holder has received a letter today from Leeann advising that the singing section will be in a section of the FF upper next season.

I always presumed that if it moved to behind the goals, it would be lower.

Anyone else get these letters? Whats everyones thoughts?

I'm disappointed that the East will lose the drummer etc but hopefully it keeps a lot of the atmosphere that gets generated in there for big games.

Mikey
22-02-2017, 11:16 AM
It was mentioned in last season's renewal letter that ST holders in section 50 could be moved next season, but I haven't had a letter this morning. Do you know which section he/she is in?

1van Sprou7e
22-02-2017, 11:21 AM
FF upper seems like the most useless place to have a singing section, it's as far away from the away fans as you can possibly get

Mikey
22-02-2017, 11:23 AM
FF upper seems like the most useless place to have a singing section, it's as far away from the away fans as you can possibly get

I'd imagine they've had a say in it and have agreed to move there. Maybe someone can confirm?

Santa Cruz
22-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Loads of folk in the East that join in with most of the singing won't move to FF.

liscious_hibs
22-02-2017, 11:25 AM
That's the very reason myself and the other half sit in the East... looks like I'll be getting an FF ticket next season

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yonder1875
22-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Why does it need to be near the away end? I stood on the yellow wall at Dortmund last season which is the opposite end from the away fans, it was absolutely jumping and it's down to them being creative with their chants and colours etc and not reactive in regards to an away support.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2017, 11:27 AM
The guy that has mentioned it says he sits in section 25, which is the top tier, closest to the east.

Mikey
22-02-2017, 11:28 AM
The guy that has mentioned it says he sits in section 25, which is the top tier, closest to the east.

Cheers.

Pretty Boy sits there :greengrin

Callyballybe
22-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Agreed. Always assumed that the signing section would be directly behind the goals (if it was indeed moved.)

What is the reason behind moving the singing section? I've seen the idea mooted a couple of times on here.

I think the space they occupy at the moment is pretty spot on. Close to the away support, which surely adds to the effect, and I've always thought of the West and North stands as being more family orientated, and therefore not necessarily the best place for them (no offence to all those sitting in the North and West stands of course!)

overdrive
22-02-2017, 11:31 AM

I'm in that section. I left before the post arrived this morning. I'll check with my dad to see if he has received anything. Are they saying people in section 25 will have to move?

wearethehibs
22-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Good news, glad to see the club listening to the support about a singing section behind the goals.

Callyballybe
22-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Why does it need to be near the away end? I stood on the yellow wall at Dortmund last season which is the opposite end from the away fans, it was absolutely jumping and it's down to them being creative with their chants and colours etc and not reactive in regards to an away support.

That's a fair point. But I'd still say, in our circumstance, the singing section being closest to the away support definitely adds a further element to their energy and their singing.

JimboHibs
22-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Loads of folk in the East that join in with most of the singing won't move to FF.

They can start a sing-song themselves in the east 👍

mghibs
22-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Maybe section 25 as this is, I suspect, the section behind the goal with the least number of season ticket holders who would need to be asked to move?

Have to say I hope its true as I think being behind the goals will help generate more atmosphere. The smaller size of the FF will also hopefully get people involved quickly and funnel the sound out into the stadium.

Obviously not ideal for folks in whichever section it ends up in who don't want to be a part of it

Since1875Hibs
22-02-2017, 11:36 AM
We've worked very closely with the club on this and a joint statement will be released early next week.

Great to see the club finally working with us.

The move will result in minimal impact and significant opportunity.

overdrive
22-02-2017, 11:39 AM
We've worked very closely with the club on this and a joint statement will be released early next week.

So will people currently in section 25 be expected to move?

hibbymac
22-02-2017, 11:42 AM

Was it the "singing section" that wanted to move to another area or was the Club that wanted them to move ?

Super_JMcGinn
22-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Great idea and hope there's a big uptake, will also separate the men from the boys if you know what I mean :greengrin. Also I feel for the guys who sit up there and don't want the incessant drum noise etc but I suppose you have to start somewhere.

FastEddieFelson
22-02-2017, 11:43 AM
making the FF lower a standing section would speed things along a bit, from a "singing section" perspective.

what's the likelihood of that happening?

Billy Whizz
22-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Was it the "singing section" that wanted to move to another area or was the Club that wanted them to move ?

Think they wanted to go behind the goals. If they stand up, thought it would have been safer in the lower tier

Super_JMcGinn
22-02-2017, 11:44 AM
making the FF lower a standing section would speed things along a bit, from a "singing section" perspective.

I'd say zero at the moment given it's the family stand.

villager
22-02-2017, 11:46 AM
the young lads have done a brilliant job over the last few seasons.
I hope they find area where they can thrive and attract more like minded
Fans to join them.

Without them the atmosphere has become almost zero in the completed stadium, so I wish them all the best and hope they have a smooth transition
To their new area without any grief from other hibbies.

What a job they did on 21.5.16

K.Marx
22-02-2017, 11:47 AM

Great news! 4 or 5 of my group will move over from the East next season

Lee Marvin
22-02-2017, 11:47 AM
So will people currently in section 25 be expected to move?

This seems like a very strange place to have it. Tucked away in a top corner!!

Out of interest, what do the organisers think the benefit of having it there? Genuine question.

BTW, I'm all for the singing section and would maybe join but seems like a weird place.

Since1875Hibs
22-02-2017, 11:49 AM
People will be made aware of the change and single digits asked to move a couple of rows back. All will have the choice to relocate of they wish.

We (Since 1875) drove the change.

GreenCastle
22-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Should be interesting.

I like the idea given own space - chance to generate some noise behind the goals plus in between stands may get more to join in.

Right behind the goals probably would have made more sense but guess more hassle moving ST holders.

Maybe see a few displays from the FF upper during the season?

Hopefully the East Stand will retain it's singers also in the Section 43 and we will see a better atmosphere all round at the stadium.

The Hibs songbook and atmosphere has really grown last few years with the drum and displays :top marks

Swedish hibee
22-02-2017, 11:56 AM
The FF upper is my favourite place to sit at ER.

green&left
22-02-2017, 11:57 AM
I know its been talked about recently, but I've just read on Facebook that a Season ticket holder has received a letter today from Leeann advising that the singing section will be in a section of the FF upper next season.

I'm disappointed that the East will lose the drummer etc but hopefully it keeps a lot of the atmosphere that gets generated in there for big games.

Upper tier sounds interesting. If it works for AC Milan in the Curva Sud it should work for us :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
This seems like a very strange place to have it. Tucked away in a top corner!!

Out of interest, what do the organisers think the benefit of having it there? Genuine question.

BTW, I'm all for the singing section and would maybe join but seems like a weird place.

same position the singing section at Dunfermline sit, i'd rather our singing section stayed where they are just now

overdrive
People will be made aware of the change and single digits asked to move a couple of rows back. All will have the choice to relocate of they wish.

We (Since 1875) drove the change.

Nice of the Club to consult with you but not the people in that section. A lot of the people around us have been there since the stand opened (including us).

Billy Whizz
22-02-2017, 11:59 AM
How many fans will be involved in this

Pretty Boy
22-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Just posted this on the PM board as hadn't seen this thread.

I'm in 25 so it effects me, without bothering me as I'll happily move/join in, but it really is about the worst place in the stadium to have a singing section. You can't really get further from the pitch.

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2017, 12:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/26bef240bf3c876d48971c7f8c22eab3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/9d735be56d878ea3976be78e7e2af5fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
22-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Just posted this on the PM board as hadn't seen this thread.

I'm in 25 so it effects me, without bothering me as I'll happily move/join in, but it really is about the worst place in the stadium to have a singing section. You can't really get further from the pitch.

I'm not sure proximity to the pitch matters - it's where the noise is most likely to be heard by the rest of the stadium that matters.

Behind the goals is the usual place on the continent for example for the noisiest parts of the support. When we go away from home we tend to make a lot more noise behind the goals as well.

If it is further up it stands more chance of being retained within the stands and then out the way rather than the noise escaping at the bottom.

I'd think it is also just easier than relocating those that have family tickets in the bottom tier and whatever issues they had with the windows too.

Currently from my seat at the top of the East towards the FF I can't hear our singing section at all - I can hear the away fans, even if there are only a few of them, so behind the goals does seem to be better for the rest of the stadium hearing and being able to join in.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Nice of the Club to consult with you but not the people in that section. A lot of the people around us have been there since the stand opened (including us).

Agree with this.

Would have been nice to have some consultation on this featuring both 'sides'. As I said it's not a big deal for me to move but I have sat around the same people for many years and would have prefered not to move. It's surely only common courtesy to have all interested parties involved in a discussion of this nature.

Golden Bear
22-02-2017, 12:27 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal2k

So that letter seems to indicate that the "Behind the Goals" bar will cease to operate but may be moved elsewhere in the stadium?

overdrive
22-02-2017, 12:32 PM

I'm in the section that won't have to move directly. However, it looks like we are going to have to move anyway due to the lift as my dad has a lift pass. How will that work with the disabled section that we sit next to?

Since90+2
22-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Good to see the clubs are engaging with the group but have to echo comments that it seems a strange place to have a singing section. The area mentioned is miles away from the pitch and I have doubts how much impact a group put in that space will have.

Since1875Hibs
22-02-2017, 01:05 PM
The club will consulting everyone impacted to discuss this week. Unfortunately the letters made it onto social media before all had been issued out.

The section of 280 should be full front to back, therefore not miles away from the pitch. The acoustics of the roof will also support the noise.

We further phase/move was discussed along with rail seating; however that is long term.

The Club want us to prove ourselves first and demonstrate the interest exists.

Alex Trager
I think the group originally wanted the middle section, hospitality, of the FF.
but for some reason it's not possible.

That would have been ideal
IMO.

They are still central within the stadium.
Hopefully encourage more of the ground to join in.

Plus the fact it has a low roof it will be ideal for the acoustics.

I truly believe this is the right place in the ground to have it.

I appreciate that many may well be moved, which is unfortunate but you can't please everyone.

Some consultation would have worked!

NadeAteMyLunch!
Was hoping this would be lower tier, right behind the goals. Appreciate that would cause more upheaval. It's a start I guess

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Was hoping this would be lower tier, right behind the goals. Appreciate that would cause more upheaval. It's a start I guess

Agreed. It might encourage more vocal members of the support who want to sing, but not all the way through the game, to sit in the FF lower. As you say, not the best, but a positive step forward.

RIP
22-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Well done lads. Looking forward to the sing-offs between the Baritone singing section at the back of section 43 and the Baby Crew in the Hibs Kids Stand. :na na: Seen that style of 'call and response' work well in Europe and between the two stands we will have half the stadium bouncing. Might even get the North of the West on the case as well, provided Frankie Dougan's still there that is.

JackLadd
22-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Upper tier the drum echoed off the roof and was too loud for me, was perfect down the front though.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Though the FF lower would have been the best place for this the FF upper isn't a bad alternative ...... the good thing about it is that the singing section will be much closer to the roof of the stand and much further back, all of this will amplify the noise they generate and make it more audible around the stadium.

I'm also reasonably convinced that because of its new location the fans in the rest of the Famous Five stand will be far more inclined to join in with the singing ....... I think folk will be surprised at the affect, there are loads of adults in the FF lower who would have been east stand regulars but for the cheap kids tickets that allow them to take their bairns along to games.
Make no mistake, they ( we ) are more than happy to have a sing song, but when for the most part that singing has been started by a wee knot of folk 100 yards away and lets face it the rest of the east to the right of them has hardly been enthusiastic in its participation in all but the biggest games, the encouragement for the FF lower to get involved hasn't been there. I think now that it will be the whole of the FF will generate a much better atmosphere, not just the new singing section.

It will undoubtedly be a massive pain in the bottom for folk who have been regulars in that part of the stadium, but I suppose Hibs have picked the area of the stand where as few folk as possible will be asked to move ...... I see these guys are getting first pick of seats and a small discount for next season which is the least Hibs could do ..... no matter where you sit in the FF upper it is in my opinion the best view in the whole stadium so moving wont impair their view of the action I would hope.

The rest of the letter is interesting ..... It looks pretty clear that Hibs are going to shut down the behind the goals bar. It cant be relocated to the south because of the proximity to away fans and I would imagine the west stand is out because of the existing corporate facilities already being pretty popular. That to me says Hibs either intend to create a new bar in the east, possibly be adding a first floor to it, or they intend to buid something in the FF / East gap. Interesting times :greengrin

P.S.
The only fly in the ointment I can see in this is that ( as will be seen tonight ) at big games the singing section is at least two thirds bigger than normal as a result of casual walk ups or folk relocating to it who have STs for other parts of the ground. I wonder how that will be affected in the future given the small capacity of the FF upper ( 1,700 ? )

Peevemor
22-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Though the FF lower would have been the best place for this the FF upper isn't a bad alternative ...... the good thing about it is that the singing section will be much closer to the roof of the stand and much further back, all of this will amplify the noise they generate and make it more audible around the stadium.

:agree: Noise-wise it's the bast place for them. The stand will effectively work as a loudspeaker.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2017, 01:55 PM
:agree: Noise-wise it's the bast place for them. The stand will effectively work as a loudspeaker.

:agree: As anybody who enjoyed away games back in the day knows, proximity to a low roof doesn't half make the noise you can make a lot bigger ....... In the case of the FF the stand is far narrower and more enclosed than the east and as a result the noise will be far more directed towards the pitch, rather than being blown to the wind as it is just now in the wide open spaces of the east.

I would add that apart from my theory that their presence in the FF upper will definitely bring the FF lower into play far more, the north end of the west stand upper has always been a section that doesn't need much encouragement to get going and being far closer to the action as it were will probably see that section raise its game too.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm looking forward to this .... Its not a certainty, but I can see ER becoming a much more fun stadium to watch football in as far as atmosphere goes as a result of this move by the club.

FromTheCapital
22-02-2017, 02:12 PM
What a farce I'm afraid. The spot in the east is excellent. Moving to FF upper and atmosphere will suffer.

hibsbollah
22-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Great news if you ask me. Our very own Curva Nord.

wearethehibs
22-02-2017, 02:25 PM
How often is it posted in here that the singing is lost down the front as the noise does not carry etc.

Now this move is happeneing its a farce as they will be to far from the pitch?

Canny win.

GordonHFC
22-02-2017, 02:27 PM
I'm in that section. I left before the post arrived this morning. I'll check with my dad to see if he has received anything. Are they saying people in section 25 will have to move?

I am back row in S25 and I aint moving.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2017, 02:29 PM
What a farce I'm afraid. The spot in the east is excellent. Moving to FF upper and atmosphere will suffer.

The spot in the east might be excellent if you are sitting in it ........... ask practically anybody who sits in the two other stands about it, in all but the biggest games section 43 are barely audible to the rest of the ground and they are easily out shouted and at times out sung by away fans in the south lower ..... certainly from the FF lower away fans making any sort of noise in the south are far more visible and far louder than an equivalent number of fans in section 43.

If you ask me all the evidence points to this move making for a far better atmosphere because it will draw in other parts of the ground in the manner I have mentioned in my previous posts ..... besides, where is it written that you cant sing or make a noise in any part of the stadium, just because the singing section will be in the FF doesn't mean that folk in the east cant join in ..... the singing section being in the east hasn't exactly turned a stand which at most games is at least three quarters full into a wall of noise has it? Its time the FF had its go and I cant help thinking that after a few months we will wish the singing section had been located there from the beginning.

Since90+2
22-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I think the difference with being at the back of the East was its single tiered and the atmosphere could filter down the stands easier than a stand that is two tiered.

Fingers crossed it works anyway and it can potentially grow into something bigger.

RyeSloan
22-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Well if it's being done in conjunction with Since 1875 and they are supportive of it there is no harm in giving it a try!

We'll soon find out if it works or not and if it doesn't then it can be revisited.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2017, 02:39 PM
How often is it posted in here that the singing is lost down the front as the noise does not carry etc.

Now this move is happeneing its a farce as they will be to far from the pitch?

Canny win.

Distance from the pitch really doesn't matter ..... the acoustics in the FF are going to more than compensate for that, look at the way the FF is configured, it will channel the noise towards the pitch far better than the east does.

Hibby Bairn
22-02-2017, 02:40 PM
:agree: As anybody who enjoyed away games back in the day knows, proximity to a low roof doesn't half make the noise you can make a lot bigger ....... In the case of the FF the stand is far narrower and more enclosed than the east and as a result the noise will be far more directed towards the pitch, rather than being blown to the wind as it is just now in the wide open spaces of the east.

Beach End at Aberdeen for example in 80s despite getting regularly horsed.

Or East End Park, Fir Park, Tannadice, Brockville down the side of the pitch.

franks
22-02-2017, 02:41 PM
I sit in the FF upper but not in the affected section and am looking forward to next season and will happily join in. It's certainly worth a try.

Looking a few years into the future I'm more concerned with lift access to the FF upper.

Haymaker
22-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Why close BtG?

HFCdeb
22-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Superb! Well done to everyone involved. Looks like I'll be having my first ever FF season ticket next season.

Yuillsy
22-02-2017, 02:53 PM
The spot in the east might be excellent if you are sitting in it ........... ask practically anybody who sits in the two other stands about it, in all but the biggest games section 43 are barely audible to the rest of the ground and they are easily out shouted and at times out sung by away fans in the south lower ..... certainly from the FF lower away fans making any sort of noise in the south are far more visible and far louder than an equivalent number of fans in section 43.

If you ask me all the evidence points to this move making for a far better atmosphere because it will draw in other parts of the ground in the manner I have mentioned in my previous posts ..... besides, where is it written that you cant sing or make a noise in any part of the stadium, just because the singing section will be in the FF doesn't mean that folk in the east cant join in ..... the singing section being in the east hasn't exactly turned a stand which at most games is at least three quarters full into a wall of noise has it? Its time the FF had its go and I cant help thinking that after a few months we will wish the singing section had been located there from the beginning.
The East was perfect. My daughters can't hear all the swearing from the FF. The look on their teachers face next season when they find out the real words to the songs!!![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
22-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Excellent. Gives me a chance to move away from the moany ******* in the row behind me! Not sat in the upper FF since it was first built.

hibee
22-02-2017, 03:07 PM
I sit in the FF upper but not in the section being asked to move, would have been good for the club to have consulted with the people that sit here too rather than just with a small group that I must admit I've never heard of.

Me and my mates have had our time in the east and moved to the FF upper now that we are at an age where we prefer the quieter atmosphere [emoji3]

I'm one of the younger fans in my group but I do wonder if they've thought about the impact this will have on the older fans having a drum in there with them but maybe by removing access to the lift they hope to lose a lot of the older guys anyway if they can't manage the stairs.

liscious_hibs
22-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Fill in the corner and expand the singers...
We always play better when we're loud so let's hope this makes us even louder! :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mr White
22-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Hopefully it doesnt make any difference but you can't see much of section 25 from many seats in the east stand and vice-versa. Perhaps the better acoustics will make up for the singing section being less visible within the stadium.

I'm a bit disappointed personally as I've been taking my boy to that section since before he was 2 but realistically we struggle to make it to easter road more than twice a season these days and if this helps improve the atmosphere and match day experience within the ground then it's a good thing.

DTS
22-02-2017, 03:36 PM
I currently sit in the famous five upper but not in section 25 and think this will be a great idea and am looking forward to it

lyonhibs
22-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Sounds like a slight piss up in a brewery to not have consulted with those in the identified section before any final decision was taken.

Although the numbers involved are small, why should anyone who's already in that section in the identified seats have to be "reallocated" potentially against their will, to accommodate the "singing section"??

Of course, if nobody affected minds, then I'm all for it.

SChibs
22-02-2017, 03:55 PM
It will end up being one of these things people moan about for a while but after a few months of changing seats they won't even care again.

hibee_nation
22-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Hopefully when booking tickets nearest singing section is an option. See you there next season

hibee_nation
22-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Sounds like a slight piss up in a brewery to not have consulted with those in the identified section before any final decision was taken.

Although the numbers involved are small, why should anyone who's already in that section in the identified seats have to be "reallocated" potentially against their will, to accommodate the "singing section"??

Of course, if nobody affected minds, then I'm all for it.

Where the hell could they put it without affecting someone. Think you will be ok though

Ozyhibby
22-02-2017, 04:10 PM
It will end up being one of these things people moan about for a while but after a few months of changing seats they won't even care again.

Yip, it's not like there are many bad seats at Easter road.

Eaststandee
22-02-2017, 04:23 PM
I hope it works, although I'm unsure why this had to happen?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
22-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Where the hell could they put it without affecting someone. Think you will be ok though

By leaving it where it was, and where it had kind of grown organically as I understand it.

Just Alf
22-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Agree with this.

Would have been nice to have some consultation on this featuring both 'sides'. As I said it's not a big deal for me to move but I have sat around the same people for many years and would have prefered not to move. It's surely only common courtesy to have all interested parties involved in a discussion of this nature.
Good point... just Reading through the thread to this point, so appologies if it's covered, I hope the club go out their way to ensure those impacted get 1st dibs on next seasons seating arrangements before it goes to general sale (and maybe even a mini forum for them to indicate/discuss where they might be choosing to sit)

Edit... and i see that the Club have indeed given folks 1st dibs :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Canon Hannan
22-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I currently sit in the famous five upper but not in section 25 and think this will be a great idea and am looking forward to it

Well said mate.
Most Ultras are behind the goals and at the back. Watch the popularity grow and maybe 2 sections will be filled in the future Curva nord.
Well done Hibs and the fans.

Azz1875
22-02-2017, 06:02 PM
What singing section?? Are u talking about the jakes in the black Primark cottons that silent jump up and down with pirate flags??

Keith_M
22-02-2017, 06:14 PM
I think the group originally wanted the middle section, hospitality, of the FF.
but for some reason it's not possible.

Like the fact that it's almost full with ST Holders?

Azz1875
22-02-2017, 07:16 PM
What singing section?? Are u talking about the jakes in the black Primark cottons that silent jump up and down with pirate flags??

ColinNish
22-02-2017, 08:52 PM

Do you like repeating yourself or just looking for a reaction?

hfc rd
22-02-2017, 11:05 PM

What a pile of utter garbage!

overdrive
22-02-2017, 11:11 PM
There was a lot of anger about this tonight around us.

Alex Trager
22-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Like the fact that it's almost full with ST Holders?

That's obviously the reason mate

Peanut Shaz
22-02-2017, 11:28 PM
I sit in the Ff section 25 and have no real problem with moving as I've said for a while the singing section should be behind the goals. However, as others have already said it would have been courteous to have included us in the dialogue from the start. A bit off that the first we heard about it was safter the decision was made.

marc10
23-02-2017, 03:59 PM

I reckon its to stop pitch invasion like last night lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

marc10
23-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Maybe section 25 as this is, I suspect, the section behind the goal with the least number of season ticket holders who would need to be asked to move?

Have to say I hope its true as I think being behind the goals will help generate more atmosphere. The smaller size of the FF will also hopefully get people involved quickly and funnel the sound out into the stadium.

Obviously not ideal for folks in whichever section it ends up in who don't want to be a part of it
The whole stadium shld be a singing section lol

thebakerboy
23-02-2017, 07:06 PM
I have had a season ticket in the FF Upper since I retired a number of years ago and have met a lot of very good Hibbys up there and it has the best view in the stadium in my opinion.Lots were talking about this last night and the general opinion of the people I spoke is that Leeann has done a lot of good at ER but this could be the worst decision she has ever made. The general consensus was that this would spoil the great friendly atmosphere(not the loudest) that is in this stand. Most of the ST holders here have either been going to ER for over 40 years, 60 in my case or bring their children with them and it is an excellent atmosphere. I hope there is a rethink on this , some said they might even stop going if this happened. No one I spoke to had had any contact with the club over this and are quite angry , made worse when members of this section spilled onto the pitch when Jason scored and may have caused trouble for the club.
I intend to contact the club about this and hope others will as well.

Lee Marvin
23-02-2017, 07:15 PM
I have had a season ticket in the FF Upper since I retired a number of years ago and have met a lot of very good Hibbys up there and it has the best view in the stadium in my opinion.Lots were talking about this last night and the general opinion of the people I spoke is that Leeann has done a lot of good at ER but this could be the worst decision she has ever made. The general consensus was that this would spoil the great friendly atmosphere(not the loudest) that is in this stand. Most of the ST holders here have either been going to ER for over 40 years, 60 in my case or bring their children with them and it is an excellent atmosphere. I hope there is a rethink on this , some said they might even stop going if this happened. No one I spoke to had had any contact with the club over this and are quite angry , made worse when members of this section spilled onto the pitch when Jason scored and may have caused trouble for the club.
I intend to contact the club about this and hope others will as well.

I do not sit there anymore (used to for 5 years) however I totally agree with you.

Personally think this is a mistake. Last night only highlighted this for me.

For me there are two choices. Whole of lower FF becomes a standing/singing section (unlikely) or back of section 43. The former being by far the best option.

wearethehibs
23-02-2017, 07:24 PM

Come down on Saturday and point out this pirate flag and you can have a go waving it

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Seems a bit naughty to agree this with the singing guys before they have consulted those affected in the section. Apart from that I think it's a great idea.

marc10
23-02-2017, 07:32 PM

Why is it being moved, i think its ok wer it is, why change somethn that is alreadt ok?

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2017, 07:32 PM
I was right in the middle of a lot of them last night, down the front last seat before the Dunbar end. Absolute madness, but i enjoyed every minute of it.

I do believe the club have missed an opportunity here though, i cant imagine everyone enjoying it the way i did, there is a bit of shall we say boisterous behaviour that some families will probably not be ok with.

I feel the front of the FF should be where this is allowed to grow, where nobody who's there will be offended by what's going on, although i do suppose nobody will be able to get on the park from the top tier of the FF. :wink:

Nicho87
23-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Correct me if im wrong. Hibs can create a singing section the FF but if nobody moves over and these guys just stay in section 43 is that not that decided?

marc10
23-02-2017, 07:35 PM

Think it cost around 4g per safe standing, think big frank said the stand would need to be altered un some way aswell as ther needs to be a certain heigh between rows, its not as strate forward as we wld think,

Kavinho
23-02-2017, 07:38 PM
I sit in the Ff section 25 and have no real problem with moving as I've said for a while the singing section should be behind the goals. However, as others have already said it would have been courteous to have included us in the dialogue from the start. A bit off that the first we heard about it was safter the decision was made.

For arguments sake,
If you'd been contacted and refused, where would it leave the initiative?

marc10
I think the singing sectioned should be in the lower im sure i read or heard someone say they wld be intending to move the family section to the west stand maybe dont want kids and families to bad language etc not that it wld bother me

ColinNish
Correct me if im wrong. Hibs can create a singing section the FF but if nobody moves over and these guys just stay in section 43 is that not that decided?

Moot point, they are moving, they want to.

I stand with the Singing Section a lot but I'll no be moving.

Lee Marvin
23-02-2017, 07:42 PM
I was right in the middle of a lot of them last night, down the front last seat before the Dunbar end. Absolute madness, but i enjoyed every minute of it.

I do believe the club have missed an opportunity here though, i cant imagine everyone enjoying it the way i did, there is a bit of shall we say boisterous behaviour that some families will probably not be ok with.

I feel the front of the FF should be where this is allowed to grow, where nobody who's there will be offended by what's going on, although i do suppose nobody will be able to get on the park from the top tier of the FF. :wink:

This is spot on.

Punters who chose to sit on the south side of the east (or generally the whole east) are generally the type who are easily dragged into the atmosphere and boisterous behaviour -my elf included.

However, this is not the majority of the clientele of the FF. My grandad is 92 and gave up his seat there 1 year ago (had season for as long as they have been selling them) and I'm not sure this would have been his cup of tea.... I'm sure there are many others like him in this stand.

This could leave this singing section quiet isolated up there.

Hope i'am wrong.

Lancs Harp
23-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Of course the most "interesting" area for it would be the upper south :greengrin:greengrin

CapitalGreen
23-02-2017, 08:34 PM
I've moved season ticket seats numerous times (around 7/8) in the last 20 years. It's not a big deal.

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I've moved season ticket seats numerous times (around 7/8) in the last 20 years. It's not a big deal.

It is if you don't want to move.

One Day Soon
24-02-2017, 07:06 AM
This is spot on.

Punters who chose to sit on the south side of the east (or generally the whole east) are generally the type who are easily dragged into the atmosphere and boisterous behaviour -my elf included.

However, this is not the majority of the clientele of the FF. My grandad is 92 and gave up his seat there 1 year ago (had season for as long as they have been selling them) and I'm not sure this would have been his cup of tea.... I'm sure there are many others like him in this stand.

This could leave this singing section quiet isolated up there.

Hope i'am wrong.

Aye they can be pretty mental once they get a drink in them. Goblins are far worse mind you...

Peanut Shaz
24-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Just for your info I phoned today and relocated with no problem. Girl in TO very helpful. I did ask if they were taking comments on the decision. She said no. I E mailed Leeann and in amongst other points made the point about lack of consultation with those of us in this section. I stated I did not expect her to reply due her other commitments but felt going forward consultation was something that should be considered when loyal fans are involved.

The Leith Dutch
25-02-2017, 08:47 AM

That is properly mental.

I didn't like the fact it wasn't in the centre of the East stand.
There have always been a great hardcore of singers and after that you want to get it to spread.
The further from those singing people are the less likely it is to spread so why have them connected on only one side?

Since1875Hibs
27-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Announcement to follow to tomorrow.