PDA

View Full Version : Derby Day Buzz

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Who else has got it? Sitting at my desk watching some videos from Tynecastle in the first game.

ABSOLUTELY BUZZING. Get stuck into them Hibs.

Here we go, 2 in a row!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hibernia&Alba
22-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Aye, the usual combination of excitement and nerves. Should be an exciting night, but could get very tense.

Vault Boy
22-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Luckily going to be at my first derby tonight and I'm absolutely bouncing. In Stanstead waiting on my flight right now, mon the Hibees!

liscious_hibs
22-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Sitting right next to the away end, let's make it loud, I want to see the despair on the Yams races! :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

snedzuk
22-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Didn't have this at all but just walked past a window in Stirling with a yam bar scarf on one side and union jack on the other - wtf - cmon Hibees.

Hermit Crab
22-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Who else has got it? Sitting at my desk watching some videos from Tynecastle in the first game.

ABSOLUTELY BUZZING. Get stuck into them Hibs.

Here we go, 2 in a row!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

I'm just in from a nightshift so I'm away to bed......zzzzzzzz

traceyhibs
22-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Buzzing! Hibs tunes are on and think I'll put Time for Heroes on whilst I work [emoji460][emoji172][emoji471]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash
22-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Buzzing! Hibs tunes are on and think I'll put Time for Heroes on whilst I work [emoji460][emoji172][emoji471]

I want your job Tracey :)

hfc rd
22-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Really buzzing for tonight! Cannot wait! Driving up to McDonalds for a quick breakfast munch and going to watch Time For Heroes dvd when I get back.

traceyhibs
22-02-2017, 08:09 AM
I want your job Tracey :)

Work from home for myself so it's great when it's days like this and you need to finish early and you can enjoy the buzz as well [emoji172]

Cameron1875
22-02-2017, 08:10 AM
At Hampden we will be crowned
Scottish cup winners
The best brand of football the world's ever seen

We are Hibs, Hibs, wooooahh Hibs.

No productive work is getting done today! Get into them Hibs.:agree:

22-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Anyone willing to swap my west lower ticket for famous 5??? Concession

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

TheMentalHibees
22-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Absolutely buzzing. Got a half day at work, leaving at 12 then heading straight to the 4 in hand. Mon the hibees!

lyonhibs
22-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Bit less of a buzz for those of us stuck abroad, given the bull**** UEFA ruling meaning it isn't on Zitelli anywhere.

Frantic .net checking for updates whilst in the pub watching the CL with a Porto supporting mate will have to do, so for those at the game do us proud on the match updates thread!!!

GreenCastle
22-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Bring the noise !!!

I'm hoping for the best ever atmosphere by Hibs fans at the stadium tonight.

We need to be the 12th player and do everything we can to make home advantage count.

KWJ
22-02-2017, 08:38 AM
My desk is looking right onto the Main Stand so I'm ready to go.

First derby since the Alan Maybury **** up 1-1 in 2012.

BRING IT OAN!

Craig_HFC
22-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Absolutely no chance of me being able to concentrate on my work today.

Since90+2
22-02-2017, 08:41 AM
The Hearts players will know what a home support in the derby is like tonight. Outsung last week by 3500 Hibees at Tynecastle and they will be silenced again tonight.

iwasthere1972
22-02-2017, 08:57 AM
Anyone willing to swap my west lower ticket for famous 5??? Concession

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Don't know that one. What tune is it to?

Coco Bryce
22-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Taking my young son to ER tonight.

His last derby was the replay against them last year :thumbsup:

He's buzzing :gwa2:

hughio
22-02-2017, 09:08 AM
The Hearts players will know what a home support in the derby is like tonight. Outsung last week by 3500 Hibees at Tynecastle and they will be silenced again tonight.

I've had "Hibs Hibs.."song in my head since 6.30 this morning.

Its gonna be rocking tonight.

Big_Franck
22-02-2017, 09:15 AM

What are the words to the short version we sung of it last time at the PBS? I couldn't get a ticket so i'm not sure. Seen the video at the corn exchange loads of times but not sure which part we sing.

Buzzing for this, can't wait for my first pint already :greengrin

Hibeewilly
22-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Can't get motivated to work today either so still in my kip. GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2017, 09:19 AM

Me too. I stupdily watched the youtube video from Lewis's testimonial, and get get it out of my head. :greengrin

RossScott1991
22-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Half day at work, finish at 12.30. Heading into town down Leith to start bevvying! Does anyone know anywhere in town that would sell inflatable trophies? :wink:

Andy74
22-02-2017, 09:27 AM
I hope the Hibs players have read the Scotsman and Evening News articles this morning with Hearts players bleating about Hibs being too physical and 'encouraging' us to play football.

If I was playing tonight I'd be sent off in the first couple of minutes.

Smartie
22-02-2017, 09:34 AM
I hope the Hibs players have read the Scotsman and Evening News articles this morning with Hearts players bleating about Hibs being too physical and 'encouraging' us to play football.

If I was playing tonight I'd be sent off in the first couple of minutes.

I'd get an early yellow for an obscene gesture to their fans then a straight red for a waist high tackle on whichever Jambo came near me with the ball first. I think I'd then take another red for refusing to leave the field.

That brief cameo should see me slot neatly in at number two on the "least illustrious Hibs careers of all time" behind Rowan Vine.

Big_Franck
22-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Here's an mp3 of the 'We are Hibs, ohhhh' tune. I'm not going to have the most productive of days at work.

http://jmp.sh/XKfq9IP (http://jmp.sh/XKfq9IP)

.Sean.
22-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Been up since 6 and canny sit still, all I've done all morning at work is swan about winding up Jambos. Roll on 3, changed and straight to The Office :party::scarf:

pacoluna
22-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Only one team winning tonight, any boring pessimistic usual twat giving us the usual "oh its going to be tough", "i'm not confident", "the leagues more important", "it could go either way" "hearts should be favourites" get back to me after the game and admit your pessimism is becoming boring and irrelevant.

calumhibee1
22-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Only one team winning tonight, any boring pessimistic usual twat giving us the usual "oh its going to be tough", "i'm not confident", "the leagues more important", "it could go either way" "hearts should be favourites" get back to me after the game and admit your pessimism is becoming boring and irrelevant.

I share your optimism. There's not a chance that were not winning tonight. 2-0 Hibs.

Glesgahibby
22-02-2017, 10:17 AM
U tube vids all morning
bouncing round the kitchen.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superfurry72
22-02-2017, 10:29 AM
I had a dream last night we won 23-6. Cummings got 11 of them. And they also missed a penalty. I'd take that result :wink:

liscious_hibs
22-02-2017, 10:32 AM
I had a dream last night we won 23-6. Cummings got 11 of them. And they also missed a penalty. I'd take that result :wink:
Sure you weren't dreaming of rugby? Haha I'd take that score too.

Then maybe the great unwashed would just **** off and die and family dinners would be pleasant again (related to to many of these goons)

Albanian Hibs
22-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Been singing here we go 2 in a row all morning. It's going to be a long afternoon. Hopefully be in Tamson's for 5pm to meet my old man who has came over from spain for the game 😀

Turkish Green
22-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Nails bitten down to the quick already. I am stuck in Amsterdam so will have to make do with audio coverage.

Garymcl
22-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Right guys can't wait for tonight let's all be on our feet singing getting right behind the players for how long it takes 90/120 mins pens let's make one hell of a noise for the boys in green :flag:ggtth

RossScott1991
22-02-2017, 11:13 AM
where did people buy inflatable cups etc? looking to purchase one for tonight, going into town at half 12 after work. help appreciated if anyone knows!

CallumLaidlaw
22-02-2017, 11:17 AM
where did people buy inflatable cups etc? looking to purchase one for tonight, going into town at half 12 after work. help appreciated if anyone knows!

I got mine from amazon so not sure if theres anywhere local that sells them sorry.

SRHibs
22-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Train from the Toon at half 4. Absolutely buzzing for this!

One Day Soon
22-02-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm taking my son to his first ever derby tonight. He's 10.

Can you imagine what that is going to be like for him? He's going with his dad to see his team - the Scottish Cup winners - take on their city rivals in front of a full house at Easter Road under the floodlights.

Before he was born and before I was even married I would imagine sometimes how great it would be to have a son and take him along to a game like this in circumstances like these. It has been like living in a dream since last May and even now I fill up typing this.

I'm staggered by how much that Cup Final win just keeps on giving. I'll never forget it and I'll never cease to be grateful to that Hibs team for giving my family and every other member of the Hibernian community the chance to feel that way.

Super_JMcGinn
22-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Can you imagine what that is going to be like for him? He's going with his dad to see his team - the Scottish Cup winners - take on their city rivals in front of a full house at Easter Road under the floodlights.

Before he was born and before I was even married I would imagine sometimes how great it would be to have a son and take him along to a game like this in circumstances like these. It has been like living in a dream since last May and even now I fill up typing this.

I'm staggered by how much that Cup Final win just keeps on giving. I'll never forget it and I'll never cease to be grateful to that Hibs team for giving my family and every other member of the Hibernian community the chance to feel that way.

I hope the boys turn it on for him tonight :aok: I'm predicting a 2-2 draw 3-3 after extra time and we do them on pens hope he doesn't sleep in for school tomorrow :greengrin

One Day Soon
22-02-2017, 12:38 PM
I hope the boys turn it on for him tonight :aok: I'm predicting a 2-2 draw 3-3 after extra time and we do them on pens hope he doesn't sleep in for school tomorrow :greengrin

I hope his dad doesn't sleep in for work tomorrow...

sleeping giant
22-02-2017, 02:03 PM

Brilliant stuff.
Love it. Hope he enjoys it. Mon the Hibs

sleeping giant
22-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Nails bitten down to the quick already. I am stuck in Amsterdam so will have to make do with audio coverage.

I could think of worse places to be stuck :smokin:

Hoping to get out of Gibraltar this efty but it's bloody windy.

SanFranHibs
22-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Working from home in Dallas, TX and confess I can't stop thinking about it.

Won't be much work done between 2pm-4pm my time :greengrin

A narrow victory for the Cup holders I think.

:flag::flag::flag:

Ronniekirk
22-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Three of us on the Train just now from Glasgow nae seats and on the way past four seated Hearts fans they quipped nae seats for the ****my hibbies
Hope we do them tonigjt

ac1
22-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Been singing here we go 2 in a row all morning. It's going to be a long afternoon. Hopefully be in Tamson's for 5pm to meet my old man who has came over from spain for the game 😀

is your old man in Edinburgh? You will be rough tomorrow regardless of the score if he is :greengrin

Onceinawhile
22-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Was able to keep it out my mind until about half an hour ago, but now it's all about the game. Still got 2+ hours in work as well.

Albanian Hibs
22-02-2017, 02:39 PM
is your old man in Edinburgh? You will be rough tomorrow regardless of the score if he is :greengrin

Yeah picked him up from Glasgae airport last night. He is going back on Friday. Off his heid!!

Slavers
22-02-2017, 02:40 PM
The day is at work is dragging in anticipation of tonights game! Can't wait! Do them Hibs, get right in about them and don't let them play!

lord bunberry
22-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I went to work and didn't even last half an hour before finishing up and heading to the pub.

ac1
Yeah picked him up from Glasgae airport last night. He is going back on Friday. Off his heid!!

Lets hope we get the right result for him!

Mathias Jack
Been buzzing for this from the minute I woke up this morning, the pre match nerves are starting to kick in big time. Listened to We Are Hibs about dozen times at least, and the rest.

Let's get right in to these puddle drinking H****s b******s!!! GGTTH!!!

The Harp
22-02-2017, 03:26 PM

Nice post ODS. Hope we get the type of result that your son will want to remember.
We've all got a part to play tonight whether it's on the park or in the stands. Let's get right behind the team from the first whistle to the last. We can do this.
As a precaution I'm taking my very old Hibs scarf - (the short one with thin white diagonal stripes and small crests depicting a harp and ball). I wore it to all the Cup games I attended last season, so it's something of a lucky scarf - hope it continues tonight. :pray:

'mon the Hibs!!! :flag:

liscious_hibs
22-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Nice post ODS. Hope we get the type of result that your son will want to remember.
We've all got a part to play tonight whether it's on the park or in the stands. Let's get right behind the team from the first whistle to the last. We can do this.
As a precaution I'm taking my very old Hibs scarf - (the short one with thin white diagonal stripes and small crests depicting a harp and ball). I wore it to all the Cup games I attended last season, so it's something of a lucky scarf - hope it continues tonight. :pray:

I've got my lucky socks on. The Hibees have never been beat when I've had my Yoda socks on!

Anybody else got lucky things they wear to matches?

iwasthere1972
22-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Been up most of the night drinking coffee. Went to bed a few times but got up after about half an hour or so.

Now fed and scrubbed up ready to hit town for a few beers. Have to get to Easter Road on time as last year I was in the toilets at the stadium when Cummings scored. Just heard a loud roar and nearly peed maself.

GGTTH

ski1875
22-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Oh what a day,
hampden on the 21st may,
Last minute winner from Davie Gray,
What a feelin what a day

Lets do it GGTTH

pacoluna
22-02-2017, 08:57 PM
I share your optimism. There's not a chance that were not winning tonight. 2-0 Hibs.

Close enough :D difficult game my arse, a little bit self belief guys

One Day Soon
22-02-2017, 10:03 PM

Thanks Harp.

It was epic - his face was a picture of pure joy. And his dad is floating on cloud nine.

Another perfect Hibernian cup memory together that neither he nor I will ever forget. I cant wait for him to see his West Stand Stone he got for Christmas.

Thank you Hibs. Thank you, thank you, thank you.