PDA

View Full Version : 'A big game, but not the biggest'

Lee Marvin
22-02-2017, 06:34 AM
According to goncalves

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/esmael-goncalves-hibs-can-fight-but-hearts-aren-t-scared-1-4372568

I don't think any of our players would say that. It's also arguebly even more important for them, in fact definitely more important (their season is over if the lose)

Also says we don't play good football.

Hopefully all the other players are thinking the same. Maybe reasons why we are 6 unbeaten.

GGTTH

bingo70
22-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Won't let me open that link but I can only imagine the response from the likes of medals Mackay to that attitude before a Derby.

hibsbollah
22-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Every fan ive spoken to thinks promotion is the priority, but this is the biggest game of the season. The biggest derby since the last one.

we are hibs
22-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Every Derby is the most important game of the season. It's what could potentially make or break your whole season.

Ozyhibby
22-02-2017, 06:57 AM
It's massive for both clubs. Both managers really need the win to win over their own fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salt N Sauzee
22-02-2017, 07:04 AM
They've had an awful lot to say about themselves in the press lately haven't they

Heisenberg
22-02-2017, 07:07 AM
They have turned into what we used to be like both playing in and in the run up to derbies. Playing the game down, proclaiming they play the better football compared to a more physical opponent etc. Let's hope they fail to turn up tonight as well.

jeffers
22-02-2017, 07:47 AM
“They are aggressive with a lot of fight. I don’t think they play good football. They know how to fight and that’s good but I don’t think this is playing football.” Says the guy who should be sitting in the stand tonight after his tackle on David Gray in the first game. Clown.

RoscoHibby
22-02-2017, 07:49 AM
“They are aggressive with a lot of fight. I don’t think they play good football. They know how to fight and that’s good but I don’t think this is playing football.” Says the guy who should be sitting in the stand tonight after his tackle on David Gray in the first game. Clown.

Agreed. T!t.

flash
22-02-2017, 07:55 AM
He sounds like yet another arrogant erse from that side of town. The tide has turned and the puddle drinkers don't like it one little bit.

lapsedhibee
22-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Cowie saying much the same in today's i.

It must be some sort of Cathy-Potter masterplan.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2017, 09:37 AM
A big game that he should be nowhere near if Collum hadn't bottled it [emoji849]

hibsbollah
22-02-2017, 09:51 AM
A big game that he should be nowhere near if Collum hadn't bottled it [emoji849]

:agree:One of the worst tackles ive seen this season, borne out of frustration at him not getting the ball and falling on his erchie. A blind man in a bag next to the earths core could have seen it was a straight red.

Navids Numpties
22-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Every Derby is the most important game of the season. It's what could potentially make or break your whole season.

This.

Since90+2
22-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Did he not play in the team that beat Hearts in the league cup final? If he did its probably true , his biggest game would have been the one when a wee diddy team beat his current employers in a cup final.

Not In The Know
22-02-2017, 10:17 AM
the sheer arrogance of the comments coming from them saying it will suit them better as the tie is at Easter Road FFS!

Hi Heid Yin
22-02-2017, 10:44 AM

It will make or break Hearts season but not ours. We have promotion and a wonderful celebration to look forward to at the end of it.

lucky
22-02-2017, 10:45 AM
If I was a yam player I'd be embarrassed that a club in a league below them are favourites to beat them in a cup tie, especially when that said team don't play good football and are just aggressive

northstandhibby
22-02-2017, 10:52 AM
the sheer arrogance of the comments coming from them saying it will suit them better as the tie is at Easter Road FFS!

They know they had a great chance to put us out at swiney but blew it again and are desperately seeking hope in any form.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

glory glory

Peevemor
22-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Cowie saying much the same in today's i.

It must be some sort of Cathy-Potter masterplan.

His interview in the Scotsman is pretty reasonable, despite the misleading headline.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-don-cowie-urges-hibs-to-play-more-football-in-replay-1-4372980

The Green Goblin
22-02-2017, 11:47 AM

Promotion (or not) will make or break our season.