PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JOIN US BEHIND THE GOALS THIS WEEK

RSS Bot
21-02-2017, 10:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7297)

monktonharp
21-02-2017, 10:09 PM
that seems good............bt if you are in the corporate, and don't use your ST, you are not allowed entry, and also if you turn up at 5:30 or so will you get in?

Nicho87
21-02-2017, 10:46 PM
What if your not in to rugger can we switch over to soccer saturday

Brightside
21-02-2017, 11:04 PM
BTG is just not an option now they are letting anyone with a ticket in. They now close it about an hour before the game as its rammed. Ive no idea why they stopped it being ST only.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2017, 11:13 PM
BTG is just not an option now they are letting anyone with a ticket in. They now close it about an hour before the game as its rammed. Ive no idea why they stopped it being ST only.

That's the first time I've seen them state that you can get in without either having a season ticket yourself or accompanying a season ticket holder however your post suggests it's been like that for a while.

When did that change? :confused:

monktonharp
21-02-2017, 11:28 PM
BTG is just not an option now they are letting anyone with a ticket in. They now close it about an hour before the game as its rammed. Ive no idea why they stopped it being ST only.maybe because it is not quite as popular as previously? I stopped going a couple of years ago as the sevice at the bar was not very good, the bar staff amateur and unsure what to do at the least and the money for the actual product was not fair. the food side of things was ok at times but I was not happy, so went elsewhere

High-On-Hibs
21-02-2017, 11:32 PM
It's a club bar. You're never going to get reasonably priced pints and michelin star food. As long as it's rammed, the club need not change a thing about it.

monktonharp
21-02-2017, 11:35 PM
BTG is just not an option now they are letting anyone with a ticket in. They now close it about an hour before the game as its rammed. Ive no idea why they stopped it being ST only. I can see that as being a real problem if you go off the beaten track and depend on getting in for a couple of beers, to suddenly be told, full. that leaves you with a decision on whether to track back to Easter Road, or wherever to get a pint or just hang about for over an hour or so ? Nah, I'd be looking for guarantees when it comes to that part!!:thumbsup:

Brightside
21-02-2017, 11:35 PM
That's the first time I've seen them state that you can get in without either having a season ticket yourself or accompanying a season ticket holder however your post suggests it's been like that for a while.

When did that change? :confused:

This season. 4 homes games this season I've not been able to get in.....that never happened when it was ST only.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-02-2017, 11:36 PM

I doubt if its the (small number) of non ST holders that have made it busy on a weekly basis, more likely the thousands of additional ST holders.

monktonharp
21-02-2017, 11:36 PM
It's a club bar. You're never going to get reasonably priced pints and michelin star food. As long as it's rammed, the club need not change a thing about it.point taken

Brightside
21-02-2017, 11:37 PM
It's a club bar. You're never going to get reasonably priced pints and michelin star food. As long as it's rammed, the club need not change a thing about it.

So surely members of the club should get priority rather than just any Tom who turns up twice a year for games.

Brightside
21-02-2017, 11:37 PM
I doubt if its the (small number) of non ST holders that have made it busy on a weekly basis, more likely the thousands of additional ST holders.

you'd be wrong - door staff will tell you.

High-On-Hibs
21-02-2017, 11:38 PM
So surely members of the club should get priority rather than just any Tom who turns up twice a year for games.

Why?

If they're filling the bar up to it's maximum capacity each time, then what does it matter from a business point of view?

Brightside
21-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Why?

If they're filling the bar up to it's maximum capacity each time, then what does it matter from a business point of view?

Because it should be a benefit for ST holders. We bankroll the club.

High-On-Hibs
21-02-2017, 11:42 PM

Again, in terms of generating profit, it has no impact on the club. As long as they fill it out to maximum capacity, I doubt they care how that comes about.

You might think that being a ST holder should give you some sort of special rights. But unless it benefits the club financially, they're not going to bother.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2017, 11:44 PM

Agreed, it used be a perk of the ST.

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2017, 11:45 PM
Again, in terms of generating profit, it has no impact on the club. As long as they fill it out to maximum capacity, I doubt they care how that comes about.

You might think that being a ST holder should give you some sort of special rights. But unless it benefits the club financially, they're not going to bother.

ST holders do benefit the club financially and BTG was one of the perks of being a ST holder that's the point.

High-On-Hibs
21-02-2017, 11:53 PM
ST holders do benefit the club financially and BTG was one of the perks of being a ST holder that's the point.

I doubt anybody purchases a season ticket at the club for the privilege of access to an overpriced bar. There are plenty of pubs around the Leith area, go and support the local community if you can't get into behind the goals.

I'm a ST holder and don't see what the big deal is to be honest.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2017, 12:01 AM
I doubt anybody purchases a season ticket at the club for the privilege of access to an overpriced bar. There are plenty of pubs around the Leith area, go and support the local community if you can't get into behind the goals.

I'm a ST holder and don't see what the big deal is to be honest.

I doubt it too however BTG was stated as a perk of being a ST holder and sold as such especially in the dark days of desperate ST selling. The club just decided to open it to all without as much as an acknowledgement to ST who held it as one of their perks. Just another small thing that made ST holders feel like a member of the club. Not a big deal as you say but there is a point worth mentioning in my opinion.

High-On-Hibs
22-02-2017, 12:05 AM
I doubt it too however BTG was stated as a perk of being a ST holder and sold as such especially in the dark days of desperate ST selling. The club just decided to open it to all without as much as an acknowledgement to ST who held it as one of their perks. Just another small thing that made ST holders feel like a member of the club. Not a big deal as you say but there is a point worth mentioning in my opinion.

Fair enough. I just don't think that perks are high on the clubs agenda just now. That may upset some people, but as long as the revenue is coming into the club, I can't see them changing anything at the moment.

monktonharp
22-02-2017, 12:09 AM

I'm a ST holder and don't see what the big deal is to be honest.obviously does not really suit your needs but many STs at one time actually relied on it, able to get access as they had their card, can take the bairns and also have a bit of freedom with them running about like mad mongooses and yet they can get a pint.there are bars that wont allow kids access, and also some with security on the doors so don't be so silly to think we can go anywhere.

High-On-Hibs
22-02-2017, 12:13 AM
obviously does not really suit your needs but many STs at one time actually relied on it, able to get access as they had their card, can take the bairns and also have a bit of freedom with them running about like mad mongooses and yet they can get a pint.there are bars that wont allow kids access, and also some with security on the doors so don't be so silly to think we can go anywhere.

You're right, I don't have a kid to worry about. But if I did, the last thing i'd be doing is stopping off somewhere for a pish up before the game. But hey ho, that's just me.

iwasthere1972
22-02-2017, 12:31 AM
In all the times I've gone there I've only been able to get a seat once. I know it's not all the world but I'm not that keen on standing up against the wall or at one of the windows for a couple of hours or so with nowhere to put your pint. Lager is crap as well.

I tend to just have a few drinks up town and catch a number 35 bus down to Easter Road.

Now that it's open to all and sundry I'll definitely be giving it a bodyswerve in case it's full when I arrive.