PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sun article - Djoum wants to leave Hearts in the summer

21-02-2017, 12:56 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/618937/arnaud-djoum-drops-hearts-bombshell-by-revealing-he-plans-to-quit-jambos-in-the-summer/

HEARTS SICK Arnaud Djoum drops Hearts bombshell by revealing he plans to QUIT Jambos in the summer
The Jambos midfielder compares himself to Paul Pogba and Yaya Toure and says he wants to a find "better club"

BY MARK WALKER
21st February 2017, 11:59 am

HEARTS’ African Cup of Nations winner Arnaud Djoum has dropped a major bombshell ahead of tomorrow night’s Scottish Cup replay showdown with Hibs by revealing he wants to quit Tynecastle this summer.

The midfielder helped Cameroon to a shock win at the African tournament and made his first start since winning in the Final against Egypt when he was in Ian Cathro’s line-up for the weekend draw with Caley Thistle.

Arnaud Djoum is a major player for Ian cathro's Hearts
NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD
Arnaud Djoum is a major player for Ian cathro’s Hearts

He was handed a new contract extension in the summer until 2019 and has impressed since he joined after he was released by Polish side Lech Poznan and is a key player for the Jambos.

But the 27-year-old appears to see his future outside Scotland and has admitted he will look for a ‘better club’ after the season ends.

In an interview in Cameroon publication Le Jour, Djoum expressed his happiness at playing at Hearts…for now.

He said: “Last season at Hearts I had a very good season. We finished third behind Celtic and qualified for Europe.

“I scored seven goals and had six assists. It was thanks to these performances that Cameroon manager Hugo Broos noticed me, saw my qualities and included me for the tournament.

“Hearts are a good team in Scotland who play good football.

“At Cameroon we try to play football on the ground and it’s the same at Hearts.

“We are well positioned again this season – we are trying to be the best team after Celtic, along with Rangers.

“I hope to have another good season and by June, take a step towards a better club.

“I see my style as a box to box midfielder like Paul Pogba and Yaya Toure. I am a midfielder who attacks and defends. I like to show my attacking contribution.

“And I have a really important role at my club.”

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Don't believe the hype. Smokescreen and mirrors should not deflect us from keeping our eyes on the prize.

HibsNutter
21-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Calls them a 'small club' and announces that he wants to go to a 'better club' in the space of a fortnight. Not helping the inferiority complex epidemic down Gorgie Way.

CMurdoch
21-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Contracted till 2019.
Would be a big loss to them football wise but a big money sale would go a long way to paying for their new stand. Needless to say that needs someone will to pay what Hearts think he is worth. Unless he goes to China like Sow that may be tough.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Regardless of the fact that it's them, that's extremely disrespectful to a club who've just given you a contract extension. Shades of Sol Bamba. Would expect them to hurl some abuse in his direction tomorrow. Not what they'll be wanting to hear before a big derby.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2017, 01:15 PM
This is the guy that only very recently discovered they weren't a "big" team.

iwasthere1972
21-02-2017, 01:24 PM
This is the guy that only very recently discovered they weren't a "big" team.

He thought he was joining Hibernian FC. Obviously lost in translation.

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Regardless of the fact that it's them, that's extremely disrespectful to a club who've just given you a contract extension. Shades of Sol Bamba. Would expect them to hurl some abuse in his direction tomorrow. Not what they'll be wanting to hear before a big derby.

No, if anything he's shown them far too much respect.

Leith's finest
21-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Some of the plums on kickback are saying they will get £4 million for him, also anybody that can get on kickback should have a look at their songbook thread makes brill reading, funny none of them include1902

GreenLake
21-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Gorgie insanity - it was only a matter of time.

easty
21-02-2017, 01:41 PM
He's a good player, I'd be happy to see him leave Hearts. Hopefully they lose Walker in the summer tae.

21-02-2017, 01:49 PM

Not again us they wont. If ever theres a game to not boo your own player from the off its a derby. They don't like a player who doesn't bum them up as some massive super size club and doesn't chip in the odd dig at hibs in interviews but they will not boo him tomorrow and if he scores he will be a hero again.

JimboHibs
21-02-2017, 01:56 PM
He's a very good player unfortunately.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Could we tempt him? Good back up for McGinn and Fyvie?

mowgli
21-02-2017, 02:02 PM
That's the same story they ran in September last year.

Golden Bear
21-02-2017, 02:22 PM
That's the same story they ran in September last year.

Must be a conspiracy aimed at creating unrest in the camp before the big Derby game.

:greengrin

tamig
21-02-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm assuming his new contract extension has some clause that will allow him to leave for a certain amount at the end of the season.

Geo_1875
21-02-2017, 03:14 PM
“At Cameroon we try to play football on the ground and it’s the same at Hearts."

That's a clue that some journalist has made up the story.

SirDavidsNapper
21-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Could we tempt him? Good back up for McGinn and Fyvie?

Would be a great backup imo. Would surely be tempted by Hibs.

Springbank
21-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Unless he can play in goals AND deal with cross balls better than that Jack Hamilton, he'll be on the losing side on Wednesday.
We are scoring all day long from corners and free kicks tomorrow.
The jambos are hopeless at them

Salt N Sauzee
21-02-2017, 03:53 PM
What a strange thing to come out with the day before a Derby.

SirDavidsNapper
21-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Sure he'll get a move to a better club soon

where'stheslope
22-02-2017, 10:33 AM

What next!!

National Newspaper making allegations the day before a big game???? NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!

Smartie
22-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Djoum hates, hates, hates maroon!

Turkish Green
22-02-2017, 11:52 AM

Not like The Sun, that. Anyway, I am sure Djoum will be moving to Milton Keynes come summer.