PDA

View Full Version : Jack Hamilton

Big_Franck
21-02-2017, 09:42 AM
He is probably the Saviles' main weakness and we need to target him on Wednesday. He flaps at crosses and doesn't seem to inspire the yam defence or support with any confidence at all.

If we put him under pressure early on he will buckle. He got lucky pushing a couple of shots out in to dangerous areas last time, I don't think he'll be so lucky this week.

His kicking is also atrocious so any pass back to him needs to be chased down. He's the worst yam keeper I've ever seen and he'll surely be replaced in the summer.

CapitalGreen
21-02-2017, 09:53 AM
It would be great to have Cummings back on corners again. He was took them during a couple of games in December, Morton away being one I think and his delivery was excellent. We should be putting as much pressure as possible on Hamilton from set piece situations.

Smartie
21-02-2017, 09:58 AM
It would be great to have Cummings back on corners again. He was took them during a couple of games in December, Morton away being one I think and his delivery was excellent. We should be putting as much pressure as possible on Hamilton from set piece situations.

I wondered why we had abandoned that.

He took them for one game, was a constant threat (more than we've been at any other time) then we stopped doing it.

IIRC his best corners were out swingers though, so maybe not what we need to put pressure on Hamilton?

Do we have any right-footed corner takers now I think of it?

It's normally McGinn or Keatings, has sometimes been Stevenson or Cummings.

Big_Franck
21-02-2017, 10:01 AM
I wondered why we had abandoned that.

He took them for one game, was a constant threat (more than we've been at any other time) then we stopped doing it.

IIRC his best corners were out swingers though, so maybe not what we need to put pressure on Hamilton?

Do we have any right-footed corner takers now I think of it?

It's normally McGinn or Keatings, has sometimes been Stevenson or Cummings.

Fyvie has taken some before. I think McGinn isn't bad at corners either, he swung the one in for Hanlon's equaliser at the PBS. It's good to have McGinn at the edge of the box to pounce on Hamilton's flaps though, so it's not an easy choice. If Keatings starts he'll probably take them.

Smartie
21-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Anyone know what David Zitelli is up to these days?

Those corners that he smacked at Niemi in the 6-2 were the best I've ever seen.

easty
21-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Anyone know what David Zitelli is up to these days?

Those corners that he smacked at Niemi in the 6-2 were the best I've ever seen.

Or Jarko Wiss, he took a decent corner.

wookie70
21-02-2017, 01:44 PM
I don't usually like the main striker taking corners but it certainly worked when Jason was taking them. Keatings has been very poor and he may be getting a game because of his set pieces. If Jason takes the set pieces that might open up a slot for Boyle or Humphrey and give Lennon the option of a different shape to start with.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Some shots on target would be a good start - the boy seems to parry loads straight out so hopefully we ping a few and those that don't go in are dropped right at the feet of Cummings and Holt.

Ozyhibby
21-02-2017, 02:21 PM
We should def target the big net thing behind him. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Man
21-02-2017, 02:23 PM

I didn't see that.

Don Giovanni
21-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Some shots on target would be a good start - the boy seems to parry loads straight out so hopefully we ping a few and those that don't go in are dropped right at the feet of Cummings and Holt.

...but preferrably Cummings!
:greengrin:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Watch him have a blinder now 😂

Treadstone
21-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Unbelievably part of the bench for England game in November.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Watch him have a blinder now 😂

I'm sure he's capable of having the odd good game, however I'm not convinced it'll be down to the fact we've mentioned his weaknesses on here.

FC Leige
21-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Hearts have been blessed with good keepers over the last few years with Craig Gordon and Jamie McDonald who seems to have spent his whole career playing well against us. Now they have an erratic young kid whose distribution is woeful and who flaps when under pressure. Holt has got to noise him up at every opportunity and pile the pressure on. The boy is fragile and we have got to exploit that

HFCdeb
21-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Looks a total liability. We must capitalise on his flappery.

SirDavidsNapper
21-02-2017, 03:26 PM
His kicking is poor. He will no doubt have the game of his career Wednesday

Ozyhibby
21-02-2017, 03:29 PM
...but preferrably Cummings!
:greengrin:

[emoji23]

Smartie
21-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Did he not have a blinder against us at Tynecastle when he was about 17?

Not sure I've ever seen a Hearts goalkeeper have a howler against us, it's normally a position they have sorted.

Molianen didn't exactly cover himself with glory when O'Connor hit that winner straight through him in the 10 men game.

IIRC Craig Gordon was thrown into the Hearts team as a teenager the next week.

lyonhibs
21-02-2017, 06:39 PM

No he didn't. Pish wee floaty things time after time. Worked occasionally but easy to defend against.

Lancs Harp
21-02-2017, 06:43 PM
That Henderson fella could take a mean corner. :wink:

Borderhibbie76
21-02-2017, 06:57 PM
That Henderson fella could take a mean corner. :wink:
He could certainly deliver 😆

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

brianmc
21-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Did he not have a blinder against us at Tynecastle when he was about 17?

Not sure I've ever seen a Hearts goalkeeper have a howler against us, it's normally a position they have sorted.

Molianen didn't exactly cover himself with glory when O'Connor hit that winner straight through him in the 10 men game.

IIRC Craig Gordon was thrown into the Hearts team as a teenager the next week.

Yes he did.

Waxy
21-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Worst goalkeeper they've had for ages.

Hibee87
21-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Fyvie has taken some before. I think McGinn isn't bad at corners either, he swung the one in for Hanlon's equaliser at the PBS. It's good to have McGinn at the edge of the box to pounce on Hamilton's flaps though, so it's not an easy choice. If Keatings starts he'll probably take them.

I'd rather have keatings at the edge tbh, but he can deliver a good ball as well just hasn't been on form last few weeks but expect him to be right up for it if playing

hfc rd
21-02-2017, 08:02 PM
The yams have had some very good GK's. Hamilton looks proper dodgy though. Having said that though, it will just be very typical he ends up playing like Buffon tomorrow night.

cmcd
21-02-2017, 08:10 PM
The yams have had some very good GK's. Hamilton looks proper dodgy though. Having said that though, it will just be very typical he ends up playing like Buffon tomorrow night.
It's all set for him to have the game of his life . Thanks guys

monktonharp
21-02-2017, 08:14 PM
The yams have had some very good GK's. Hamilton looks proper dodgy though. Having said that though, it will just be very typical he ends up playing like Buffon tomorrow night.on the other hand, he may have a couple of Zibby moments. we're due that against these ****my lucky gorgie people.

monktonharp
21-02-2017, 08:16 PM
for a weakness though, I was rather impressed by the weakness of their left back in the first game. looked a bit dodgy, but I dinnae ken his name

hfc rd
21-02-2017, 08:19 PM
on the other hand, he may have a couple of Zibby moments. we're due that against these ****my lucky gorgie people.

I hope he does!

stantonhibby
21-02-2017, 08:44 PM
for a weakness though, I was rather impressed by the weakness of their left back in the first game. looked a bit dodgy, but I dinnae ken his name

Sowah?

Big L
21-02-2017, 08:54 PM
I think they might have ruined Hamilton by putting him in to soon, he is definitely their weakest player. Cowie on talking a load of bulls--t saying they have better players and I just thought to myself that our keeper is better than theirs, our back four is much better than theirs and they only wish they had McGinn Fyvie & Bartley not to mention JC The only place they have it over us is on the wings and they never got a look in at PBS.

21-02-2017, 09:03 PM

More likely he'll play like a buffoon.

Big_Franck
22-02-2017, 07:21 AM
Just remembered that he has already played against us at Tynecastle. He came rushing out and brought down Danny Handling for a penalty. Here's hoping he is just as rash tonight. He won't cope with the pressure of the atmosphere and big occasion tonight, whereas our squad have shown time and again that they can handle it.

Tha Cabbage Kid
22-02-2017, 08:22 AM
im afraid to say but im sure after grant holts performance infront of goal last time round that would give any keeper confidance.
i hope holty will find his killer instinct tonight if he starts.

i hope to see a mixu style performance from him tonight!!

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2017, 11:23 PM
It's all set for him to have the game of his life . Thanks guys

Any idea how this turned out in the end?

pacoluna
22-02-2017, 11:27 PM
im afraid to say but im sure after grant holts performance infront of goal last time round that would give any keeper confidance.

A very mixu-esque performance tonight ;)

CyberSauzee
22-02-2017, 11:27 PM

He flapped his lines. Or that should read he flapped it on the line.

Ozyhibby
22-02-2017, 11:30 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a worse kicking performance from a keeper.

GreenCastle
22-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Makes a change having a solid keeper and then having a clown in goals.

Terrible kicking and hopefully they stick with him.

SvenNeil
22-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Henry Smith's love child:wink:

JoeT_WasTheBest
22-02-2017, 11:41 PM

[emoji23]

dp00
22-02-2017, 11:44 PM

[emoji848] hmmm

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 12:42 AM

Fair to say that he was more like Zibbi than Buffon tonight! 😏😏

God, he's awful! One of the worst GK's they have had in years!

CapitalGreen
23-02-2017, 01:17 AM

Seems like Lennon was listening. Cummings back on the set pieces tonight!

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2017, 04:05 AM
Watched the game on a Jambo periscope when I got home ........... if you think Hibs players get abuse from our own you want to have heard the stick Hamilton was getting from the Yams, I nearly felt sorry for the poor wee bugger :greengrin

easty
23-02-2017, 07:26 AM
There was a bit last night, he was taking a goal kick, one of they new amazing hearts signings went to the side of the box and asked for it short. Nah, waved away by Hamilton. Launches it straight oot for a throw in. Brilliant.

He's murder.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2017, 07:37 AM
There was a bit last night, he was taking a goal kick, one of they new amazing hearts signings went to the side of the box and asked for it short. Nah, waved away by Hamilton. Launches it straight oot for a throw in. Brilliant.

He's murder.

I saw that and the reason he decided to go long was he was instructed to by Kitchen who was up the park at the time. He is obviously a bag of nerves if he is looking for instruction every time he is in possession.

DaveF
23-02-2017, 09:15 AM
This Muppet made it into a Scotland squad? If that's the case, there is hope for me yet.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2017, 11:55 AM

He's murder.

The boy peeled off like he was a Barca player - Hamilton clearly thought you're not Pique or Puyol I'm launching this like Gavin Hastings just to keep your feet on the ground pal.

emerald green
23-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Hamilton looked nervous all night. Hopefully last night will have totally destroyed his confidence. He was very lucky not to have had to pick the ball out of his net at least five times.

Coco Bryce
23-02-2017, 12:03 PM

He's murder.

Yeah that was comedy gold :greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-02-2017, 12:04 PM
This Muppet made it into a Scotland squad? If that's the case, there is hope for me yet.

Don't understand how he is getting in ahead of Zander Clark at St Johnstone.

He is utter pish, that 3rd goal last night would have left Zibi embarrassed.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Watched the game on a Jambo periscope when I got home ........... if you think Hibs players get abuse from our own you want to have heard the stick Hamilton was getting from the Yams, I nearly felt sorry for the poor wee bugger :greengrin

No, no no !!! It's just a Hibs thing. We're the worst in the world, the WORLD ah tells ya !!!

:greengrin

Diclonius
23-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Great seeing their keeper **** up for once.

Smartie
23-02-2017, 12:46 PM
The boy peeled off like he was a Barca player - Hamilton clearly thought you're not Pique or Puyol I'm launching this like Gavin Hastings just to keep your feet on the ground pal.

I remember when I played pub league football, we had a CM who liked to drop back to the corner flag and demand the ball off the goalie at goal-kicks.

It had to be coached (bollocked) out of him and I remember the coach screaming at him after a game once "we know we're beat when you have to f*** off back there just tae get a touch of the ball".

I loved it when that happened last night.

We'd won.

Smartie
23-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Don't understand how he is getting in ahead of Zander Clark at St Johnstone.

He is utter pish, that 3rd goal last night would have left Zibi embarrassed.

Was it that bad?

I couldn't really make it out from where I was and I haven't seen highlights.

I thought it was cleanly hit and Hamilton saw it late so appeared to be slow to react when in fact there wasn't that much he could do.

Hamilton made one or two decent saves, although they were the sort you'd probably expect him to make.

Pretty Boy
23-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Was it that bad?

I thought it was cleanly hit and Hamilton saw it late so appeared to be slow to react when in fact there wasn't that much he could do.

Hamilton made one or two decent saves, although they were the sort you'd probably expect him to make.

I was right behind it and it was a decent enough hit and moved slightly but it went right through him.

cmcd
23-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Was it that bad?

I don't blame him for 3rd goal PB .I wash right behind the goals and the ball swerved massively

dmc1875
23-02-2017, 01:42 PM
He doesn't look great with cross balls and his kicking is atrocious. He did make two really good saves or at least I thought so at the game. The mcginn chance in the first have and shinnies attempt after mcginns work in the box start of the second half.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2017, 01:44 PM
He doesn't look great with cross balls and his kicking is atrocious. He did make two really good saves or at least I thought so at the game. The mcginn chance in the first have and shinnies attempt after mcginns work in the box start of the second half.

As usual he parried McGinns effort straight down the middle - Shinnie should've done better with the rebound.

Didn't he do the same with one in the 2nd half? Makes a save but the ball doesn't go safe. He'll be at Clyde or the likes in a couple of seasons. Let's enjoy him while they have him.

Thecat23
23-02-2017, 01:46 PM
As usual he parried McGinns effort straight down the middle - Shinnie should've done better with the rebound.

Didn't he do the same with one in the 2nd half? Makes a save but the ball doesn't go safe. He'll be at Clyde or the likes in a couple of seasons. Let's enjoy him while they have him.

Agree with this, he never holds the ball but credit the McGinn save was good but he'd want to push it away not back out.

Also see him dropping down the leagues as well.