PDA

View Full Version : Darren McGregor

leither17
21-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Quality wee video be amazing if he scored the winner on Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUuEWy_Qx-Q

Big L
21-02-2017, 07:26 AM
We should get him on a new contract and make him club captain. He shows the leadership and aggression needed to drive the team on.

Winston Ingram
21-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Merge 'em

calumhibee1
21-02-2017, 08:15 AM
David Gray doesn't deserve to lose the captaincy however we should definitely be signing Daz up on a new deal and building the defence around him and Hanlon.

pacoluna
21-02-2017, 08:36 AM
David Gray doesn't deserve to lose the captaincy however we should definitely be signing Daz up on a new deal and building the defence around him and Hanlon.
As much as like Gray I would replace him as captain with MCG, I think it will happen as well next season with Lennon saying we lack leadership recently.

Salt N Sauzee
21-02-2017, 08:43 AM
We should get him on a new contract and make him club captain. He shows the leadership and aggression needed to drive the team on.

The same leadership and aggression that Gray showed that drove us on to win the Scottish Cup? :wink:

Forza Fred
21-02-2017, 10:17 AM
The same leadership and aggression that Gray showed that drove us on to win the Scottish Cup? :wink:

If I was club captain and the coach came out after a disappointing result and slammed a lack of leadership, I'd be checking my peg in the dressing room.

Big L
21-02-2017, 08:39 PM

Taking nothing away from SDG, but I don't feel he's shown the form he showed last year. I think McGregor has got better and better and looks to me like a real leader, Gray maybe a bit to quiet for the job and who knows, being relieved of the caotaincy just might give him a boost.

21-02-2017, 08:44 PM
We absolute need to keep Darren at all cost. Brilliant, solid defender and absolutely knows what this clubs means to the fans having grown up one himself. You know he will always give 110% for the badge. Just look at the emotion and the passion on him when he lifted the SC at hampden. Growing up a hibs fan he must have dreamed of doing that his whole life.

Not only that but in Time for Heroes he comes across as a genuinely lovely guy. Very humble and down to earth.

northstandhibby
21-02-2017, 08:49 PM

Agree with this. Darren's been an astounding signing and he has helped Paul develop immensely. A great defensive partnership and it seems others like Fontaine and Forster can slot in beside him too when required.

glory glory

HFCdeb
21-02-2017, 08:58 PM
He's captain in all but name this season. He's been absolutely outstanding.

Salt N Sauzee
21-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Taking nothing away from SDG, but I don't feel he's shown the form he showed last year. I think McGregor has got better and better and looks to me like a real leader, Gray maybe a bit to quiet for the job and who knows, being relieved of the caotaincy just might give him a boost.

Maybe something worth looking at the end of the season but it'd be a huge risk from Lennon to strip Gray of the captaincy halfway through the season. I see a lot of leadership qualities in both David Gray and Darren MacGregor. 6 in half a dozen for me but I'd stick with Gray to be honest.

JackLadd
21-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Stevenson is like his mini me, bar the height diff I struggled to tell them apart when he first signed.

Hi Heid Yin
21-02-2017, 10:11 PM
For me, Darren Mcgregor is well on the way to being "Player Of The Year"
He is the stand-out guy in a mean/miserly rear-guard that has been instrumental in helping take us to the top of the league.

Is It On....
21-02-2017, 11:11 PM
We absolute need to keep Darren at all cost. Brilliant, solid defender and absolutely knows what this clubs means to the fans having grown up one himself. You know he will always give 110% for the badge. Just look at the emotion and the passion on him when he lifted the SC at hampden. Growing up a hibs fan he must have dreamed of doing that his whole life.

Not only that but in Time for Heroes he comes across as a genuinely lovely guy. Very humble and down to earth.

I actually thought his (and PHs) emotion for the equaliser at the PBS last season showed what it's like to be living the dream. These players (along with JC who proves a point everytime he steps on the pitch) generates that little bit extra that can make all difference.

MacGruber
22-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Stubbs really did bring some great signings in his time
McGregor
McGinn
Henderson
Fyvie
McGeough
Malonga
Sir David Gray
Scott Allan
Fontaine
Stokes
Farid when he was fit was some player too - can't legislate much for injury

No doubt I've forgotten a few aswell. He really had an eye for a player, have to give him that.

AgentDaleCooper
22-02-2017, 04:23 AM
it's really special when you think about it, that our back four bleed green and white. hanlon and mcgregor life long fans, stevenson very much one now, and david gray...if he wasn't a fan before, i think we've got a pretty big place in his heart by now.

JimBHibees
22-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Wouldn't rule him out scoring tonight as think they are weak at set pieces. Brilliant video. :flag::flag: