PDA

View Full Version : If "when" we win Wednesday

swordin3
20-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Winning on Wednesday is going to be a fantastic high close to "THAT DAY" in May. A great home draw in store and a decent chance to be in the semi's.
Yes that would be fantastic but on the bigger picture .Yes if we were beaten it would be hard to take but if our Gorgie Neighbors get beaten there is going to be the meltdown to top all meltdowns across the city.They seem to be divided in one camp that there "Quality" will see them through as we are an average team at best and our only chance is to battle, scratch, cheat and kick. The other half of the Jambos are sure they will be beaten as they are guttless and they have too many foreign players not understanding what it means to the fans.

We have a big game mentality and they don't ,I think they will crumble and we will prev ale sending the Jambos in to a spiral vortex plummeting them to the early end to their season I for one cannot wait.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Carheenlea
20-02-2017, 09:01 PM
If we win on Wednesday night it will be worthy of celebration, but furthest from my thoughts will be how the result goes down in Gorgie. Really not that interested in them enough to care. From now until the end of season it's all about Hibs for me.

erin go bragh
20-02-2017, 09:07 PM
We could win 7-0 on Wed and it would still fall below the high of that day in May .

northstandhibby
20-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Obviously I'm really looking forward to this one and quietly confident we can win but for me this years all about getting out of the championship. Just hope there is no trouble before or after the match and everyone gets home safely. A scrappy 1-0 would do me.

glory glory

Bostonhibby
20-02-2017, 09:14 PM
We could win 7-0 on Wed and it would still fall below the high of that day in May .

:agree: It's not as if we haven't done them 7-0 before and dumping them out of the special relationship cup is a frequent occurrence recently as well.:wink:

calumhibee1
20-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Here we gooooo, two in a row.

broondog
20-02-2017, 09:25 PM
when we win it will be excellent to see the cheats going into meltdown.Lookinf forward to it already, they will struggle to cope with it all.

SteveHFC
20-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Knocking them out 2 years in a row especially as holders this season will be glorious.

Sir David Gray
20-02-2017, 09:36 PM

Not even close.

Hi Heid Yin
20-02-2017, 10:30 PM
We ended their season last year by eliminating them from The Scottish Cup in February. They had the added stress of watching us between February and May progress to and WIN the final!
It was the season-from-hell for them.
History now threatens to repeat itself and again we have it in our power to end their season.
The pressure on them is immense.
Every Jambo lives to see their team beat us.
On top of this we currently dominate the Edinburgh derby and record the biggest gates in The Capital. Their "Big team/Wee Team" nonsense is proving to be just that, nonsense!
We still have a championship to clinch and everything to play for. Now that we have the monkey off our backs, we can relax in The Scottish Cup, but not too relaxed, as it is them!
They only have The Scottish Cup to play for.

FC Leige
20-02-2017, 10:45 PM
The chances of retaining the trophy are virtually non existent giving Celtics dominance but lets not go out to that mob.

MichaelTheCelt
20-02-2017, 11:25 PM
The chances of retaining the trophy are virtually non existent giving Celtics dominance but lets not go out to that mob.
I wouldn't be so sure, anything can happen in a one off game as the cliche goes.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Winning on Wednesday is going to be a fantastic high close to "THAT DAY" in May. A great home draw in store and a decent chance to be in the semi's.
Yes that would be fantastic but on the bigger picture .Yes if we were beaten it would be hard to take but if our Gorgie Neighbors get beaten there is going to be the meltdown to top all meltdowns across the city.They seem to be divided in one camp that there "Quality" will see them through as we are an average team at best and our only chance is to battle, scratch, cheat and kick. The other half of the Jambos are sure they will be beaten as they are guttless and they have too many foreign players not understanding what it means to the fans.

We have a big game mentality and they don't ,I think they will crumble and we will prev ale sending the Jambos in to a spiral vortex plummeting them to the early end to their season I for one cannot wait.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

If you don't learn the lessons of Hibstory you're doomed to repeat them.
We've not been firing on many cylinders. Whilst they didnt score neither did we. Banana skin tie here complacency as lack of respect will play into their hands.

California-Hibs
21-02-2017, 02:28 AM

You think if we win it will be close to the high we experienced in winning the Scottish Cup.....?

Wow. We have very different ways in thinking.

swordin3
21-02-2017, 05:52 AM
You think if we win it will be close to the high we experienced in winning the Scottish Cup.....?

I was there that day with my wife and Daughters and no nothing will ever beat that day but other than winning a league cup or promotion the next best thing is beating "them" and especially in these circumstances.:flag::flag::flag:

JimBHibees
21-02-2017, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't be so sure, anything can happen in a one off game as the cliche goes.

Couldnt agree more as has been shown in the not so distant past. Things can change people get injured or suspended or form dips and the team in February may not be the same force in April or May on a given day.

JimBHibees
21-02-2017, 06:23 AM
If you don't learn the lessons of Hibstory you're doomed to repeat them.
We've not been firing on many cylinders. Whilst they didnt score neither did we. Banana skin tie here complacency as lack of respect will play into their hands.

Totally agree we certainly are not favourites and absolutely can never be complacent of anything however have IMO a 50/50 chance of progressing, both teams in poor form will either be a 1 goal victory for either side or maybe even pens.

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2017, 06:36 AM
when we win it will be excellent to see the cheats going into meltdown.Lookinf forward to it already, they will struggle to cope with it all.So will this place if they win.

Brightside
21-02-2017, 06:55 AM
I only hope we win on Saturday.

Onceinawhile
21-02-2017, 07:12 AM
I only hope we win on Saturday.

So you hope we don't win on Wednesday?

I hope we win both games personally.

Brightside
21-02-2017, 07:18 AM
So you hope we don't win on Wednesday?

I hope we win both games personally.

The Cup is a distraction the players should be 100% focused on winning the league. Its all that matters this season. Its obvious the players put much more effort into game like Wednesday than they do game versus Ayr / Raith etc...

Steve20
21-02-2017, 07:33 AM
We have dropped silly points this season before the past couple of weeks. Ayr, Falkirk and Raith at home and Dundee Utd and the first Raith game away. All games we've been poor in and there was no cup run then. It's too easy to blame the cup. We should have the type of players that are capable of winning this league comfortably and still be able to go on a run, without it being a problem.

Bristolhibby
21-02-2017, 08:53 AM
I was there that day with my wife and Daughters and no nothing will ever beat that day but other than winning a league cup or promotion the next best thing is beating "them" and especially in these circumstances.:flag::flag::flag:

How about beating them in both the League Cup and Scottish Cup Finals?

Winning the league must be up there?

In fact, now the Cup has been won, the league must now be that Holy Grail. We would have to do a Leicester.

J

21-02-2017, 09:41 AM

This 100%

Alex Trager
21-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Obviously promotion is priority. But I honestly believe that the players should and can handle the 'pressure' of two competitions.

We are seven points clear at the minute.

Morton go to UTD on Saturday which is a great opportunity for us to make a bigger gap imo.

I would have loved to have taken full points from the last two games, but we haven't.
We are still ahead of them by seven points.

Lennon has made it abundantly clear that the league is the priority and we have enough quality to win it.

And I think we will.

Onceinawhile
21-02-2017, 10:08 AM
The Cup is a distraction the players should be 100% focused on winning the league. Its all that matters this season. Its obvious the players put much more effort into game like Wednesday than they do game versus Ayr / Raith etc...

The last time we played ayr at home we lost. So we actually performed better with the cup game beforehand.

WeeRussell
21-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Yep. I could run on and bury the winner myself and it wouldn't get close to May 21st!

WeeRussell
21-02-2017, 11:09 AM

This seemed to be the cool thing to say last season too... I wouldn't swap promotion for that cup win. You're kidding yourself if you think we shouldn't be regarding tomorrow night as important as Saturday's league fixture.

A cup win against our rivals might help spur us on to an improved league performance.

Evergreen86
21-02-2017, 11:09 AM
I really hope this thread doesnt come back to haunt us..... I am quietly confident but they will be fired up no doubt about it.

hibsbollah
21-02-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm always the same before a derby: more scared at the prospect of losing than excited at the prospect of winning. The circumstances of 21.5.16 make this game absolutely massive. It will be horrible if we lose it:faint:

I'd be crap in a war situation, I'm telling you.

McSwanky
21-02-2017, 12:33 PM
It'll be fun if we beat them again, and will signal us being unbeaten against them for at least 3 years (they last beat us in August 2014, and we won't meet them again until at least August 2017 after tomorrow), but to compare it with events of May 2016 is like comparing birdieing a hole on the Braids to shooting a 59 around the Old Course (and I'm a 14 handicapper on a good day!)

Brightside
21-02-2017, 12:59 PM
This seemed to be the cool thing to say last season too... I wouldn't swap promotion for that cup win. You're kidding yourself if you think we shouldn't be regarding tomorrow night as important as Saturday's league fixture.

A cup win against our rivals might help spur us on to an improved league performance.

Its anything but cool. Its ALL THAT MATTERS.