PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PERSEVERED TABLE FOR HEARTS MATCH

RSS Bot
20-02-2017, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7291)

Leith's finest
20-02-2017, 03:47 PM
£200 a head, bit steep for me

StevieCowan
20-02-2017, 03:51 PM
That's taking the piss.

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2017, 03:54 PM
£200 a head, bit steep for me

A bit steep for most. It's a dirty wee trick they are playing. Wait until all tickets are sold then slam dunk you with the £200 ticket. They could have advertised it b4 the sell out. Doing it that way meant they could hike the price up to the max. Done the same with Tynie, they rolled out the hospitality carpet after all tickets were sold.

JimBHibees
20-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Always an option for some. Dont see the issue.

Brightside
20-02-2017, 04:07 PM
A bit steep for most. It's a dirty wee trick they are playing. Wait until all tickets are sold then slam dunk you with the £200 ticket. They could have advertised it b4 the sell out. Doing it that way meant they could hike the price up to the max. Done the same with Tynie, they rolled out the hospitality carpet after all tickets were sold.

Its not a dirty wee trick. That table is available for ALL games.

stantonhibby
20-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Always an option for some. Dont see the issue.

Indeed, all it is is an addition of a few hospitality seats..... some folk just like to moan.

marinello59
20-02-2017, 04:10 PM

Really? They sell this hospitality at every single home game.

BSEJVT
20-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Whilst the hospitality is available for most games isn't this a substantial price hike for this particular game?

I wouldn't pay for hospitality regardless of price but for me personally the offerings around this particular game (both home and away) have felt a bit like profiteering.

I get that there are market economics at play, but even then I think they are taking advantage of folk desperate to be at the games.

I thought the Tynecastle one in particular was ridiculous.

I get that we need to make money but maybe if they had got their act together over the cup final merchandise then they would not need to be treating fans like a cash cow now to try and make up for it.

GlesgaeHibby
20-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Whilst the hospitality is available for most games isn't this a substantial price hike for this particular game?

I wouldn't pay for hospitality regardless of price but for me personally the offerings around this particular game (both home and away) have felt a bit like profiteering.

I get that there are market economics at play, but even then I think they are taking advantage of folk desperate to be at the games.

I get that we need to make money but maybe if they had got their act together over the cup final merchandise then they would not need to be treating fans like a cash cow now to try and make up for it.

Think it's a reasonable offer to be honest. Champagne reception, 3 course meal, free bar, match ticket, persevered t-shirt, photo op with the cup and tour of West Stand.

marinello59

There has always been a price hike for hospitality when we play them or the Old Firm. It's not my cup of tea but if people want to pay for it then I see no problem.
Offering hospitality for an in demand away game is a totally separate issue.

SRHibs
Whether it's a rip-off or not all boils down to how fast you can drink complimentary bevvy!

Islington Hibs
20-02-2017, 05:38 PM
wouldn't pay it myself but good on Hibs making as much out of this as possible- all money for the club. Marketing side, I think, is much improved.

CallumLaidlaw
20-02-2017, 05:41 PM
It's been an offering all season. Clearly a market for it and doesn't impact the seats in the main stand so have no issue with it. Fair play to the club for offering different options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sergey
20-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Think it's a reasonable offer to be honest. Champagne reception, 3 course meal, free bar, match ticket, persevered t-shirt, photo op with the cup and tour of West Stand.

I'm all for the hospitality gig as my days of cramming as much bevvie away before a match are behind me. It's a pre-match glass (or bottle) of wine and some fine eats that I seek. The money really isn't the issue...it's the erm, hospitality that's important.

FWIW - I arranged the hospitality at the Cup Final that included a 3 course lunch and debenture seats at Hampden. I knocked them out for £130 a pop and I could have sold untold amounts. Admittedly folks had to buy their own drinks as there was only a couple of bottles of wine on the tables, but like you, for what's on offer, £200 for a night to remember seems decent.

Fife-Hibee
20-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Whether it's a rip-off or not all boils down to how fast you can drink complimentary bevvy!

Lol Can just see it now' being carried out to my seat on a stretcher with a bottle of vodka for a drip! Probably still not cost 200 quid lol

Itsnoteasy
21-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Really? They sell this hospitality at every single home game.

Off course they do. But they have known since we drew at Tynie & could have advertised it that week. But chose to do it after the match was officially sold out allowing them to ram the price up.

marinello59
21-02-2017, 07:41 AM
Off course they do. But they have known since we drew at Tynie & could have advertised it that week. But chose to do it after the match was officially sold out allowing them to ram the price up.

It was always available and when you look at the package it's a decent deal for what it is. It would have been negligent of the club not to remind people this was available after the match sold out.
Selling this many tickets is a good news story, it's sad how many Hibs fans only see it as another excuse to whinge.

Itsnoteasy
21-02-2017, 07:44 AM
It was always available and when you look at the package it's a decent deal for what it is. It would have been negligent of the club not to remind people this was available after the match sold out.
Selling this many tickets is a good news story, it's sad how many Hibs fans only see it as another excuse to whinge.

Fair do. Compared to hospitality at white Hart Lane £750 + vat v the gunners it's a steal.

CallumLaidlaw
21-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Fair do. Compared to hospitality at white Hart Lane £750 + vat v the gunners it's a steal.

Yep, my mate was saying standard hospitality with a drink on arrival and cash bar at Old Trafford is £400. I get that its a different standard of football on show, but with the money these clubs bring in through tv money, they NEED money from hospitality a lot less than we do.

While the Persevered table may be SLIGHTLY overpriced, you are paying for a one off experience and when better to do it than a derby. The standard hospitality I found to be excellent this season. £80 for a season ticket holder - 3 course meal, free bar (and theres beer and wine on the table when you arrive to get going), comfy seat, good banter from Barrie the stadium announcer who does the matchday MC'ing now instead of Grant Stott, and pre and post match player interviews.

scoopyboy
21-02-2017, 11:01 AM
wouldn't pay it myself but good on Hibs making as much out of this as possible- all money for the club. Marketing side, I think, is much improved.

I agree.

The marketing guys have to have something to sell.

Since90+2
21-02-2017, 11:06 AM
I dont think its too bad a price to be fair and the club will always sell hospitality at home games especially for big games. Its not as if people are missing out by selling these seats as everyone who really wants to be at this game will already have a ticket.

The selling of "hospitality" tickets for the Tynecastle game was a disgrace though and I hope the club dont go down that road again.

CMurdoch
21-02-2017, 11:58 AM
I dont think its too bad a price to be fair and the club will always sell hospitality at home games especially for big games. Its not as if people are missing out by selling these seats as everyone who really wants to be at this game will already have a ticket.

The selling of "hospitality" tickets for the Tynecastle game was a disgrace though and I hope the club dont go down that road again.

Correcto.

They should make as much money as possible on Wednesday but the Tynecastle hospitality was a nasty, **** you fans, money grab given the tiny number of tickets available.

Ronniekirk
21-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Thought about itbut thankfully got three on Monday So just need to stick with Pie
and Bovril
But agree was steep and wouldnt normally have considered paying that

Brooster
21-02-2017, 12:48 PM

It was advertised after the first game......and sold. the buyers subsequently pulled out.....hence the reason it is being advertised again.

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2017, 12:52 PM
I'll be there. About time the club started catering for the premium market. I'd probably have gone more upscale to 500 pounds per head - keep the ruddy riff-raff at bay.

lucky
21-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Every time the club release hospitality tickets and prices there's always a debate around the cost. Hibs have reduced the price of 20000 other tickets, compared to Hearts, so we can hardly say the club is creaming fans for cash so if anyone who has the money can have a wee treat. Don't see what the issue is.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Every time the club release hospitality tickets and prices there's always a debate around the cost. Hibs have reduced the price of 20000 other tickets, compared to Hearts, so we can hardly say the club is creaming fans for cash so if anyone who has the money can have a wee treat. Don't see what the issue is.

Ok but what would you say if I told you Liam Henderson is going?

stantonhibby
21-02-2017, 02:32 PM

& for free of course !

easty
21-02-2017, 02:33 PM

:tee hee:

scoopyboy
21-02-2017, 02:47 PM

Oh you are awful, but I like you. :greengrin

For our older viewers.

Vini1875
21-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Guests will arrive for a Champagne Reception in the Director’s Suite, where the famous old trophy will be on display, offering a photo opportunity and following that a pre-match tour of the West Stand will be undertaken.

Before the match, a three-course meal in the Gallery, complete with a complimentary bar, will also be on offer, with your seat for the match being in the Executive Seating area of the upper tier of the West Stand.

Following the culmination of the match, all guests will receive a special limited edition #Persevered gift, a Persevered t-shirt and the chance to meet one of the players involved in the 3-2 victory over Rangers at Hampden Park that day.

If you break this down £200 is a pretty decent deal. It's not just £200 to see Hibs knock hearts out of the cup. How much would you expect to spend on a night out - 3 courses, champagne and drinks? A ticket for the game and a t-shirt is £40.

lucky
21-02-2017, 09:49 PM

I'd say fine as long as he's paying his way

Sergey
23-02-2017, 08:43 AM
I'll be there. About time the club started catering for the premium market. I'd probably have gone more upscale to 500 pounds per head - keep the ruddy riff-raff at bay.

The best £200 you've ever spent!