PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EDINBURGH DERBY SELLS OUT

RSS Bot
20-02-2017, 10:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7288)

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Biggest crowd in Edinburgh again.
Not bad for being the so called WEE TEAM

erin go bragh
20-02-2017, 11:03 AM
The guy serving in my local garage was laughing with a punter this morning.
When I walked up to get served , he informed me that the guy ( who was just in ) has a ticket for the Hibs end ( but he's a Jambo ) now I know some Hibs fans have went undercover in the Home end at the PBS.
But how or who would give one of them a ticket before a Hibs fan .

Albanian Hibs
20-02-2017, 11:11 AM
The guy serving in my local garage was laughing with a punter this morning.
When I walked up to get served , he informed me that the guy ( who was just in ) has a ticket for the Hibs end ( but he's a Jambo ) now I know some Hibs fans have went undercover in the Home end at the PBS.
But how or who would give one of them a ticket before a Hibs fan .

This is the line they come out with everytime we sell out. Hundreds of jambos in the hibs end bla bla bla

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2017, 11:11 AM
So will we see a home sell out on Saturday?

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2017, 11:13 AM

Depends on wed result BF

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 11:17 AM
This is the line they come out with everytime we sell out. Hundreds of jambos in the hibs end bla bla bla

There'll certainly be at least a couple of dozen dotted about with friends and family in the Hibs end just as there were Hibby's in theirs but their spouting about hundreds in our end is the usual sour grapes from them.

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 11:18 AM

We could win by 4 on Wed and we still wouldn't see a sell out.

Kojock
20-02-2017, 11:29 AM

You know the answer to that, so why bother asking ??

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-02-2017, 11:34 AM

For those who attend regularly, this is an eternal frustration.

Mostly because there is no doubt in my mind that crowd and atmosphere have an influence on the tempo and intensity the players have.

But alas, bigger games will always attract those who cant / dont make it every week.

Will be plenty of us there though, regardless of the result on wednesday!!

Hibbyradge
20-02-2017, 11:51 AM
I live in York and I can't get to a lot of games, but I'll make the effort and swallow the cost for some of the bigger matches.

Folk travelled to Hampden from the other side of the world last May. Should they be criticised for not going every week, too?

JimboHibs
20-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Depends on wed result BF

Super fan alert.

CMurdoch
20-02-2017, 12:09 PM
I live in York and I can't get to a lot of games, but I'll make the effort and swallow the cost for some of the bigger matches.

Folk travelled to Hampden from the other side of the world last May. Should they be criticised for not going every week, too?

Guys in your situation go as often as possible at great expense and are far more committed than most.
Think the previous poster was getting at folk that live in Edinburgh but only go to the big games.

CallumLaidlaw
20-02-2017, 12:27 PM
In the past we've struggled to get 12k Hibs fans at this fixture so lets just enjoy the sellout rather than having digs at each other.

Whats our record attendance since the stadium was completed? Is there a chance this could be the record attendance? Thinking back to last years replay, although it was a sellout, due to there being a number of Cup Top Ups, who clearly weren't able to attend, the final attendance was around 19.5k. With every seat being physically sold for this game, should it be closer to 20,400 or will there be some empty seats in Hospitality that will stop it being a total sell out?

Edit - last years derby was 19,440
The new year Derby in 2014 was 20,106. I have a feeling that may be the highest since redevelopment.

SRHibs
20-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Have to admit I'm guilty of missing the odd game on my ST. Travel is an extra 60-70 quid on top of everything else on the day though, so games are an expensive luxury when I live here!

Part of me wants to move back to Edinburgh for Hibs alone!

sauzee's fan
20-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Desperately looking for 2 tickets...cash waiting ...please PM if possible ggtth

Hibbyradge
20-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Guys in your situation go as often as possible at great expense and are far more committed than most.
Think the previous poster was getting at folk that live in Edinburgh but only go to the big games.

It's a facile argument, either way.

Blaming people for prefering to see important and exciting games rather than mediocre pish is just daft.

"I go to all the games, amn't I the best" is the actual sub text.

easty
20-02-2017, 12:42 PM
In the past we've struggled to get 12k Hibs fans at this fixture so lets just enjoy the sellout rather than having digs at each other.

:agree:

It's needless.

JeMeSouviens
20-02-2017, 12:43 PM

Whats our record attendance since the stadium was completed? Is there a chance this could be the record attendance? Thinking back to last years replay, although it was a sellout, due to there being a number of Cup Top Ups, who clearly weren't able to attend, the final attendance was around 19.5k. With every seat being physically sold for this game, should it be closer to 20,400 or will there be some empty seats in Hospitality that will stop it being a total sell out?

20,106 v Hearts, NY 2014 under T**** B*******

SRHibs
20-02-2017, 12:43 PM
:agree:

It's needless.

I think BF clearly shows a pattern of having unnecessary digs for no reason. A way with words he does not have.

KWJ
20-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I'd love to be at every game but simply not in a financial position to do so this season. I've cherry picked a few where I can stretch myself and this was always going to be one of them.

On the plus side I've been taking my bro along and he's finally caught the bug and would like a ST for next season so we'll see how that goes.

CallumLaidlaw
20-02-2017, 12:45 PM
20,106 v Hearts, NY 2014 under T**** B*******

yeah just saw that. Presuming the 300 missing were non attending season ticket holders then. So should beat that on Wednesday.

BroxburnHibee
20-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Poor comment. Of course it would be great to sell out every week but there's lots of reasons why folk can't go.

Let's have a pop at them for making an effort here though eh?

HibsNutter
20-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Have the big team sold all of theirs?

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 01:01 PM

Within minutes and could easily have shifted 10k more.

Since90+2
20-02-2017, 01:02 PM

Did they not go on sale on Wednesday morning and sold out on the Friday??

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2017, 01:06 PM

i'm sure we could as well

Billy Whizz
20-02-2017, 01:09 PM

They have a loyalty scheme in place as well, makes sure the regulars get 1st option

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 01:20 PM
They have a loyalty scheme in place as well, makes sure the regulars get 1st option

Lol don't go there Billy. I still have 515 loyalty points showing on my account :greengrin

hibs0666
20-02-2017, 01:23 PM

Nope, took the dogs three days to sell their tickets.

adhibs
20-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Nope, took the dogs three days to sell their tickets.

Would guess he was refering to ourselves

Hiber-nation
20-02-2017, 01:29 PM

:faf:

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 01:35 PM
:faf:

Simple minds are easily amused I see.

GreenCastle
20-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Hopefully we get close to 20,400 attendance.

Record since redevelopment is 20,106.

Every season ticket has been bought - home and away tickets gone - assume hospitality gone...

Hopefully everyone turns up...and we see a win with an atmosphere like we have never seen before at ER :agree::flag:

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Going on Wednesday, but i'm not making the journey twice in 3 days. I might have done in years gone by, but i just cant be arsed these days. :zzzzz!:

If we get to Hampden though, i'm 1st in line for those babies. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2017, 03:09 PM
It's a facile argument, either way.

Blaming people for prefering to see important and exciting games rather than mediocre pish is just daft.

"I go to all the games, amn't I the best" is the actual sub text.

No the sub text is we have 7 important league games to go, why can we not sell home ends, like we have done for a Wednesday evening match

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Poor comment. Of course it would be great to sell out every week but there's lots of reasons why folk can't go.

Let's have a pop at them for making an effort here though eh?

I would say it's a pertinent question more than a poor comment.....

Since90+2
20-02-2017, 03:11 PM
No the sub text is we have 7 important league games to go, why can we not sell home ends, like we have done for a Wednesday evening match

Because the demand for a Scottish cup tie against Hearts is a lot higher than for a league game against Dunfermline would be my guess.

Salt N Sauzee
20-02-2017, 03:27 PM

Probably because one game is an Edinburgh Derby defending our Scottish Cup for the first time in over a century ( not sure if we've ever defended a cup against them before actually(?) ) and the others are bread and butter league games that we've played about 4000 times already the past two years. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure there's going to be a helluva lot more interest in the Derby.

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Probably because one game is an Edinburgh Derby defending our Scottish Cup for the first time in over a century ( not sure if we've ever defended a cup against them before actually(?) ) and the others are bread and butter league games that we've played about 4000 times already the past two years. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure there's going to be a helluva lot more interest in the Derby.

I think he is alluding to the fact that most Hibs fans seem to think promotion is a priority over winning the SC again so why aren't we filling it out for league games as well. Again !!! I just realised what I said and it felt great :greengrin

Brightside
20-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Its just a shame that the team seem to have this mindset too.

ronaldo7
20-02-2017, 04:07 PM

Did they not go on sale on Wednesday morning and sold out on the Friday??

i'm sure we could as well

I thought Hibs Nutter was alluding to the Famous Edinburgh Hibees.:greengrin

superfurryhibby
20-02-2017, 04:07 PM

The crap football on offer most games may act as a deterrent? People may want a bit entertainment, rather than see it as a devotional duty.

Earlier in the season I was taking my boy, his pal and a occasionally persuaded a few lapsed Hibees. Suffice to say they'll not be as eager to go v the run of the mill as they will be for Wednesday.

League v Dunfermline or Scottish Cup v Hearts ( and it's not on telly). It's a no contest decision for many.

That's life. I think the fans have done and continue to do their bit.

B.H.F.C
20-02-2017, 04:13 PM

Because not everybody can afford or has the desire to go every week.

Hibs in my lifetime have never sold out every week, it's unlikely to happen when we're in the second tier. It's pretty decent that we are averaging what we are is it not?

If I could only afford to go to one of the next two games then it'd sure as hell be the Derby I chose.

Alex Trager
20-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Well played hibbys, I look forward to it!

Yet another sell out

CapitalGreen
20-02-2017, 04:25 PM
I think he is alluding to the fact that most Hibs fans seem to think promotion is a priority over winning the SC again so why aren't we filling it out for league games as well. Again !!! I just realised what I said and it felt great :greengrin

Priority for the team to win does not necessarily mean priority for fans to watch.

If someone can only afford to go along to one of the upcoming home games in the space of 4 days, they will naturally choose the one most appealing to them to watch. I think for many, a game against our local rivals, of which there will only be one of at Easter road this season is likely to be more appealing.

If you could only attend one, which would you choose?

hibbysam
20-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Priority for the team to win does not necessarily mean priority for fans to watch.

If someone can only afford to go along to one of the upcoming home games in the space of 4 days, they will naturally choose the one most appealing to them to watch. I think for many, a game against our local rivals, of which there will only be one of at Easter road this season is likely to be more appealing.

That way of thinking is fine if every one of the 4000? Can only afford one of the two games, I'd bet it only applies to a very small number of those, and the rest just choose not to go on Saturday.

Ringothedog
20-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Simple minds are easily amused I see.

They didn't sell out in minutes, in fact they only sold out on the second day of sale. If you are going to make statements try and make them have a modicum of truth.

CapitalGreen
20-02-2017, 04:57 PM
That way of thinking is fine if every one of the 4000? Can only afford one of the two games, I'd bet it only applies to a very small number of those, and the rest just choose not to go on Saturday.

They will have a reason for choosing not to go. If there was a reason you could only attend one of the 2 games, which would you choose?

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2017, 04:57 PM
I thought Hibs Nutter was alluding to the Famous Edinburgh Hibees.:greengrin

it's hard to tell when he's a nutter :greengrin

hibbysam
20-02-2017, 04:58 PM
They didn't sell out in minutes, in fact they only sold out on the second day of sale. If you are going to make statements try and make them have a modicum of truth.

*facepalm*

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 05:03 PM

They were staggered for loyalty point reasons and sold out within minutes of going on sale at each stage. Are you saying there wasn't a great demand ? A mate of mine queued for over 6 hours to get a ticket he was GUARANTEED to get.

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 05:05 PM

I'm not good at hypothetical's but you can rest assured I'll be at both, not missed a home game for a longggggg time :aok::aok:

marinello59
20-02-2017, 05:07 PM
You would think people would just be pleased we have sold this match out, it's a good news story folks. :greengrin

Ringothedog
20-02-2017, 05:07 PM
*facepalm*

Sometimes it's better to read the whole thread before replying but heh hoh!

Ringothedog
20-02-2017, 05:08 PM
They were staggered for loyalty point reasons and sold out within minutes of going on sale at each stage. Are you saying there wasn't a great demand ? A mate of mine queued for over 6 hours to get a ticket he was GUARANTEED to get.

Why ?

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Why ?

Hang on I'll go call her and ask ok ?

Hermit Crab
20-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Sold out at 120 loyalty points, that what the starting point was and it never dropped to a second phase.

Albanian Hibs
20-02-2017, 05:15 PM

Any need for the smart arse reply?

JOD
20-02-2017, 05:25 PM

Srry M8 you are forgetting they could have sold 400k more !!!!!!

Ringothedog
20-02-2017, 05:31 PM

They had a sale for fans with over 120 loyalty points, no staggered sale as you are suggesting, they went on sale last Tuesday and sold out on the Friday.

Ringothedog
20-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Srry M8 you are forgetting they could have sold 400k more !!!!!!

Surely it would be 396k more ( ;

Wigson13
20-02-2017, 05:39 PM
If you think logically it must be a record league or cup attendance as its the first time in years that we had the chance to sell every seat for home and away fans! The cup top up scheme has been going for ages and that would always mean that there were a load of unsold seats and with Hearts getting a full stand then there shouldn't be any seats unsold to allow for segregation

Super_JMcGinn
20-02-2017, 05:42 PM
They had a sale for fans with over 120 loyalty points, no staggered sale as you are suggesting, they went on sale last Tuesday and sold out on the Friday.

You seem to know a lot more about it than me, I bow to your superior knowledge, whatever the case though they could have shifted thousands more. I'll make a point of not listening to my friend again :agree:

sauzee's fan
20-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Any spares available?please cash waiting!need this game in my life ggtth

Keith_M
20-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Jeez, that's the second time it's sold out in a week.

Does that mean we're going to have a 40,000 crowd?

PolishHibby
20-02-2017, 06:44 PM
I too am looking for a possible spare if anyone has one going, I'm a student so happy with either a student or an adult ticket, preferably east but will happily take one in west or FF as well. 😊

Speedy
20-02-2017, 07:17 PM

For me it's about time. When I go it's a social thing; catching up with my Dad and one or two of my hibby mates who I normally go to the games with. However, not many of my friends/family are Hibs fans and with only 2 days off a week I can't fit in seeing everyone if I go to Hibs games every other week. That and I've been out the country for half the home games this season.

Wednesday will be my 3rd game this season. If it's good on Wed I may get the buzz again and go on Saturday, if it's crap then I almost certainly won't.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2017, 09:19 PM
For me it's about time. When I go it's a social thing; catching up with my Dad and one or two of my hibby mates who I normally go to the games with. However, not many of my friends/family are Hibs fans and with only 2 days off a week I can't fit in seeing everyone if I go to Hibs games every other week. That and I've been out the country for half the home games this season.

Wednesday will be my 3rd game this season. If it's good on Wed I may get the buzz again and go on Saturday, if it's crap then I almost certainly won't.

:top marks

To be fair matey, you dont need to justify when and when not you decide to go watch a football match to anyone. :thumbsup:

WS Hibs
20-02-2017, 10:58 PM
The crap football on offer most games may act as a deterrent? People may want a bit entertainment, rather than see it as a devotional duty.

Earlier in the season I was taking my boy, his pal and a occasionally persuaded a few lapsed Hibees. Suffice to say they'll not be as eager to go v the run of the mill as they will be for Wednesday.

League v Dunfermline or Scottish Cup v Hearts ( and it's not on telly). It's a no contest decision for many.

That's life. I think the fans have done and continue to do their bit.

To be fair though, how shocking was the last derby at Tynecastle in terms of quality?

Ray_
21-02-2017, 06:07 AM

Very true Dave, it costs me more to park the car at Stansted overnight than it does for a ticket for a Cat A game.

People should forget about moaning about crowd sizes this season, I think the fans have done superbly well.

Back in the TT's era, despite the wonderful football, our average crowd was about on par with this season and this included games such as the Scottish cup replay against Rangers, when the crowd was something like 49k, to boost the average. When we consider some of the football, what we are getting this season is absolutely superb and although the stadium was a different world back then, than today's equivalent, the cost for an adult was only 30p.

I remember popping in to a chip shop after the Sporting game and somebody asked me the score, as a 16 YO, I told him to go to the games and then he would know, there was frustrations about our crowds back in 72/3. I also remember me feeling delighted when 17k turned out for the East Fife game, a few days on from "the" NY derby. We really should be appreciating what we are getting on the back of our famous May day victory.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Lets have the place rocking 👍🏻

Smartie
21-02-2017, 09:46 AM
To be fair though, how shocking was the last derby at Tynecastle in terms of quality?

It was very poor but let's be honest - how many times in the past 25 years has there been good football played in an Edinburgh derby?

In spite of the poor football I really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and players getting torn into each other without giving an inch, exactly what I'd want and expect to see in a derby.

We can try to play football in other games.

swordin3
21-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Very true Dave, it costs me more to park the car at Stansted overnight than it does for a ticket for a Cat A game.

People should forget about moaning about crowd sizes this season, I think the fans have done superbly well.

Back in the TT's era, despite the wonderful football, our average crowd was about on par with this season and this included games such as the Scottish cup replay against Rangers, when the crowd was something like 49k, to boost the average. When we consider some of the football, what we are getting this season is absolutely superb and although the stadium was a different world back then, than today's equivalent, the cost for an adult was only 30p.

I remember popping in to a chip shop after the Sporting game and somebody asked me the score, as a 16 YO, I told him to go to the games and then he would know, there was frustrations about our crowds back in 72/3. I also remember me feeling delighted when 17k turned out for the East Fife game, a few days on from "the" NY derby. We really should be appreciating what we are getting on the back of our famous May day victory.

I remember standing in the east terrace 1978 against Ayr absolutely pissing it down on a Tuesday night along with 1450 other hardy souls .This is the gravy regards attendances since I have been watching Hibs.

21-02-2017, 10:45 AM
A sell out ER under the floodlight, you canny beat it! Lets get the noise going from start to finish and once again show the jambos up.

Come on the hibs, ****ing intae this shower of cheating tramps :flag:

JimBHibees
21-02-2017, 10:54 AM
It was very poor but let's be honest - how many times in the past 25 years has there been good football played in an Edinburgh derby?

In spite of the poor football I really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and players getting torn into each other without giving an inch, exactly what I'd want and expect to see in a derby.

We can try to play football in other games.

I think we need to do both to win, in last years cup games v Hearts we played really good football especially in the second half of the first game and first half of the second.