PDA

View Full Version : Minutes applause v Hearts

HAZ2000
19-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Just last night my Grandad sadly passed away due to a short fight with cancer. He was 69 and a season ticket holder for the vast majority of his life including this season, although he hasn't managed to make the last few games due to his poor health. It would mean a lot to his wife and the rest of the family who will be attending the derby on Wednesday if the fans could participate in a minutes applause on the 69th minute to commemorate him. Thanks. (I know this has been done a few times recently but would mean alot):flag:

hibbysam
19-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Just last night my Grandad sadly passed away due to a short fight with cancer. He was 69 and a season ticket holder for the vast majority of his life including this season, although he hasn't managed to make the last few games due to his poor health. It would mean a lot to his wife and the rest of the family who will be attending the derby on Wednesday if the fans could participate in a minutes applause on the 69th minute to commemorate him. Thanks. (I know this has been done a few times recently but would mean alot):flag:

Really sorry for your loss, and don't want this to sound crass, but I doubt there is any chance of a minutes applause on Wednesday, purely due to the fact the atmosphere will be rocking.

HAZ2000
19-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Really sorry for your loss, and don't want this to sound crass, but I doubt there is any chance of a minutes applause on Wednesday, purely due to the fact the atmosphere will be rocking.
You're probably right. Maybe best to try during the next home league game. :scarf:

ian omand
19-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Lewis, my brother too passed away last night after a short fight with cancer.
He was 68 and a season ticket holder.
I feel for your loss sir.
More angels high above.

HAZ2000
19-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Hi Ian, quite possible that your brother is in fact my Grandad. (Liz and Gordons grandson)

scuttle
19-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Lewis and Ian , sorry for your loss lads lets hope the team does the two of you and yours proud on Wednesday

ian omand
19-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Hi Ian, quite possible that your brother is in fact my Grandad. (Liz and Gordons grandson)

Lewis sorry mate I'm not thinking properly today.
Did not connect the thread to your name.

hibbysam
19-02-2017, 08:43 PM
You're probably right. Maybe best to try during the next home league game. :scarf:

Hopefully a resounding win for him on Wednesday, and the rendition of SOL will more than make up for no applause, I know in my experience it is during that song that it really hits home - as you say though more chance the following league game.

HAZ2000
19-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Hopefully a resounding win for him on Wednesday, and the rendition of SOL will more than make up for no applause, I know in my experience it is during that song that it really hits home - as you say though more chance the following league game.

Never even thought about SOL. Nothing better after a win and will definately serve as something bigger on the night.

ian omand
25-02-2017, 12:22 PM

Hibbysam, just to say that the stadium announcer read out a message at halftime.
Thanks to Barrie for that.
The rendition of SOL was magnificent and following on from the performance it really helped us through.
Thanks to all for their kind words and support much appreciated by all our family.
Hibernian family superb as usual.