PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Record for Lewis

Stantons Angel
19-02-2017, 05:10 PM
If Lewis plays on Wednesday night in the Scottish Cup derby he equals playing in 32 Edinburgh Derbies held by the one and only PAT STANTON!

With coming up for 350 games under his belt, this much maligned young man is a cert to smash many more records in a Hibs jersey!

Well done Lewis!

HibernianJK
19-02-2017, 05:18 PM
If Lewis plays on Wednesday night in the Scottish Cup derby he equals the present record of playing in 32 Edinburgh Derbies held by the one and only PAT STANTON!

With coming up for 650 games under his belt, this much maligned young man is a cert to smash many more records in a Hibs jersey!

Well done Lewis!

You mean 350?

Stantons Angel
19-02-2017, 06:09 PM
You mean 350?

thanks, was getting carried away there!

Purple & Green
19-02-2017, 09:14 PM
If Lewis plays on Wednesday night in the Scottish Cup derby he equals the present record of playing in 32 Edinburgh Derbies held by the one and only PAT STANTON!

With coming up for 350 games under his belt, this much maligned young man is a cert to smash many more records in a Hibs jersey!

Well done Lewis!

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_records_filtered.php?opposition=5&from=128&to=146&competition=0&venue=0&update=Update

It will put him equal 4th on the all time list behind Gordon Smith, Gordon Hunter & Paddy McGinlay. Hibs players only.

Toldo123
19-02-2017, 09:23 PM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_records_filtered.php?opposition=5&from=128&to=146&competition=0&venue=0&update=Update

It will put him equal 4th on the all time list behind Gordon Smith, Gordon Hunter & Paddy McGinlay. Hibs players only.
Who holds the most appearances across both teams?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Purple & Green
19-02-2017, 09:32 PM
John Robertson - I think - with 56 in competitive games.

Top Hibs player is Gordon Smith with 38, but he did make 4 for Hearts v Hibs.

Stantons Angel
19-02-2017, 09:53 PM

i wasnt using any stats just got the wording wrong again! Thanks for pointing that out.

ajf
19-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Please, please , don't mention stevensons name in the same sentence as Stantons again

1van Sprou7e
19-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Please, please , don't mention stevensons name in the same sentence as Stantons again

Ehhh why not?

Two Hibs legends

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2017, 10:07 PM

You managed to.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 10:10 PM
You managed to.

:faf::faf::giruy2:

Diclonius
19-02-2017, 10:15 PM

http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/HIBS-PARAD-212x300.jpg http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8051677.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS90690274.jpg

Jonnyboy
19-02-2017, 10:21 PM
You managed to.

:faf: :top marks

Northernhibee
19-02-2017, 10:25 PM
He was the player I was most delighted to see lift the cup. The look on his face painted a picture.

ajf
19-02-2017, 10:29 PM
http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/HIBS-PARAD-212x300.jpg http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8051677.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS90690274.jpg

Ha ha please stop

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Ha ha please stop

Why?:confused:

superfurryhibby
19-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Ha ha please stop

Repeat 100 times, must try harder.......:aok:

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Ha ha please stopI know,, who does he think he is showing off winning that silverware? :rolleyes:

ajf
19-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Why?:confused:

I don't dislike Stevenson but Stanton was a different class to EVERYBODY playing in todays team , there really is no comparison to be made , Stevenson has more medals with hibs but Stanton played at a time when Celtic were a force to be reckoned with by every team in Europe , different eras but the difference between the two was light years

Northernhibee
19-02-2017, 10:45 PM
I don't dislike Stevenson but Stanton was a different class to EVERYBODY playing in todays team , there really is no comparison to be made , Stevenson has more medals with hibs but Stanton played at a time when Celtic were a force to be reckoned with by every team in Europe , different eras but the difference between the two was light years

You're right. There's no comparison. Lewie's won both cups. Pat hasn't.

SChibs
19-02-2017, 10:46 PM
To me it doesn't come across as the OP comparing them as players just saying he's played in the same amount of Derby's.

Stantons Angel
19-02-2017, 10:47 PM

No words or names needed the pictures say it all for me!

JackLadd
19-02-2017, 10:51 PM
He has critics but you have to give him plenty credit for having such a long Hibs career and still pretty young.

ajf
19-02-2017, 10:56 PM
You're right. There's no comparison. Lewie's won both cups. Pat hasn't.

Are you sure , think you may find that he also won the league

Holmesdale Hibs
19-02-2017, 11:00 PM

That's a cool website.

Congrats to Lewis as well

Northernhibee
19-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Yes, very sure. Pat hasn't won the Scottish cup.

ajf
19-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Are you certain about that ?

stantonhibby
19-02-2017, 11:18 PM

Won it with Celtic did he not?

Northernhibee
19-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Are you certain about that ?
Not with Hibs, which is all I care about :agree:

Come back to me with another player who has won both cups with us.

SaulGoodman
19-02-2017, 11:32 PM

Hi Pat how are you doing pal.

ajf
19-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Not with Hibs, which is all I care about :agree:

Come back to me with another player who has won both cups with us.

I cant but the quality of the player cant be defined by the numbers of trophys won ,Louie couldn't lace stantons boots , end of.and I'm away to my bed

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2017, 12:22 AM

I cant but the quality of the player cant be defined by the numbers of trophys won ,Louie couldn't lace stantons boots , end of.and I'm away to my bed

The very first guy who would admit he isn't as good a player as the likes of Pat Stanton was is Lewis Stevenson .... in fact in the 'Time for Heroes' DVD he said as much when he stated how fortunate he was to have won the cup with Hibs when players "who were much better than me" hadn't.

This wasn't a thread about the quality of Lewis Stevenson as a player ..... it was a wee nod in the direction of a guy who has given his all for Hibs in every one of his near 350 games, a player, who has seen off 8 Hibs managers and never looked like losing his place since becoming established at left back.

The number of trophies a player has won isn't an indication of their ability as an individual you are right ...... but it is an indication of the job they have done for their club and from that point of view Lewis Stevenson not only deserves respect as a player, but also as a guy who has helped the club win things, which is the whole point is it not?

From that point of view Lewis Stevenson is every bit as important a player in the history of Hibernian Football club as Pat Stanton is and has every right to be mentioned 'in the same breath as him' ........ in fact as the only player since the famous five to have won more than one winners medal with the club I would say it puts him right up there with any Hibs legend.

This isn't folk saying Stevenson was as good a player as Stanton, he isn't even as good a player as Sam Stanton if you are talking about skill, it is folk acknowledging the part he has played in the history of the club ..... and instead of making facile remarks and unnecessary comparisons with other legendary Hibs players perhaps you should give the guy the respect he is not only due but has clearly earned.

GGTTH .................... all of them :aok:

monktonharp
20-02-2017, 01:42 AM
I don't understand where this thread is going/will end up in comparisons of this player, that player etc but, I will put my tuppence worth in.. Pat Stanton, unbeatable in comparison to others. Louis Stevenson...a player that I thought around 5 years ago needed to move on, as he was not improving or contributing enough, but ....now I definitely think otherwise. firstly, he is the only Hibernian player ever to get his hands on 2 different major trophies. secondly, he has improved ten fold over these last 5 years, and adds so much to his game and also contributes immensely to games that I am so glad he has stuck with it and proved me, and others wrong. It could be said that the fact that we have been in a lower division, for 3 years has made him look better that he actually is but the fact is that he has been an integrial part of our team for such a long time and never hides, or gives less that 100% well done Lewis.

My_Wife_Camille
20-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Lewis Stevenson is a Hibernian legend as has every right to be mentioned alongside Stanton, Baker and the Famous Five.

Albanian Hibs
20-02-2017, 12:17 PM

Yes lets get ripped into one of our players who is a hibs legend...🙄

Northernhibee
20-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Please stay in there. For the record, I admire both of their accomplishments with our club and don't feel the need to compare them in a serious fashion. Both of them are club legends and I leave it at that.

HFCdeb
20-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Great achievement for the wee man. Here's to many many more.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Lewis Stevenson is a Hibernian legend as has every right to be mentioned alongside Stanton, Baker and the Famous Five.

Correct

Centre Hawf
20-02-2017, 02:43 PM
The very first guy who would admit he isn't as good a player as the likes of Pat Stanton was is Lewis Stevenson .... in fact in the 'Time for Heroes' DVD he said as much when he stated how fortunate he was to have won the cup with Hibs when players "who were much better than me" hadn't.

This wasn't a thread about the quality of Lewis Stevenson as a player ..... it was a wee nod in the direction of a guy who has given his all for Hibs in every one of his near 350 games, a player, who has seen off 8 Hibs managers and never looked like losing his place since becoming established at left back.

The number of trophies a player has won isn't an indication of their ability as an individual you are right ...... but it is an indication of the job they have done for their club and from that point of view Lewis Stevenson not only deserves respect as a player, but also as a guy who has helped the club win things, which is the whole point is it not?

From that point of view Lewis Stevenson is every bit as important a player in the history of Hibernian Football club as Pat Stanton is and has every right to be mentioned 'in the same breath as him' ........ in fact as the only player since the famous five to have won more than one winners medal with the club I would say it puts him right up there with any Hibs legend.

This isn't folk saying Stevenson was as good a player as Stanton, he isn't even as good a player as Sam Stanton if you are talking about skill, it is folk acknowledging the part he has played in the history of the club ..... and instead of making facile remarks and unnecessary comparisons with other legendary Hibs players perhaps you should give the guy the respect he is not only due but has clearly earned.

GGTTH .................... all of them :aok: :top marks:top marks

Centre Hawf
20-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Lewis for supporters rep? :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2017, 02:57 PM

It's ok. You can get out of bed now. Don't forget the comfort blanket.

KWJ
20-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Any word on the testimonial match? Is it likely to be during the season or after 2 in a row?

HibbyAndy
20-02-2017, 03:39 PM

You better believe it :agree:

Thecat23
20-02-2017, 04:07 PM

Lewis IS now a Hibs legend. Deal with it!!

😎

Stantons Angel
20-02-2017, 06:04 PM
I don't understand where this thread is going/will end up in comparisons of this player, that player etc but, I will put my tuppence worth in.. Pat Stanton, unbeatable in comparison to others. Louis Stevenson...a player that I thought around 5 years ago needed to move on, as he was not improving or contributing enough, but ....now I definitely think otherwise. firstly, he is the only Hibernian player ever to get his hands on 2 different major trophies. secondly, he has improved ten fold over these last 5 years, and adds so much to his game and also contributes immensely to games that I am so glad he has stuck with it and proved me, and others wrong. It could be said that the fact that we have been in a lower division, for 3 years has made him look better that he actually is but the fact is that he has been an integrial part of our team for such a long time and never hides, or gives less that 100% well done Lewis.

Much respect due to you, not many on here would admit to having changed their mind.

I agree that you cant compare Pat with Lewis and i never tried to do this. As usual others try to turn a positive post into the negative.

As far as im concerned NO ONE comes anywhere near Pat Stanton (except maybe Sauzee) in my life time any way.

Lewis would be the first to say he could never be compared to someone as great as Pat!

sleeping giant
20-02-2017, 06:05 PM
I'll be telling my grandkids about Lewis Stevenson.

Absolute legend.

easty
20-02-2017, 06:12 PM
I'll be telling my grandkids about Lewis Stevenson.

Absolute legend.

:agree:

Time For Heroes
20-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Whether you love him or hate him, Lewis will go down in history.
The guy has won both cups, he is a legend, as years go by many will talk about our history, Lewis is a massive part of that.

CallumLaidlaw
20-02-2017, 06:14 PM

This 100%. My sister has ALWAYS been a fan, and I remember texting her as I walked out of Easter road after a game 5 or 6 years ago saying along the lines of "your boyfriend really needs to go. Simply not good enough". But he has absolutely turned it around, is a top pro and has given his all for our club over the last 12 years. A man of the match performance in our league cup victory, and a very good performance in our Scottish cup win. The fact he's so grounded and timid in general life makes his reaction when lifting that Scottish cup even more special. Lewis Stevenson is a future hall of fame member and he deserves it 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
20-02-2017, 06:18 PM
He was the player I was most delighted to see lift the cup. The look on his face painted a picture.

Same here. No one can question his feelings for our great club. An exemplary ambassador and pro. It's beyond me how people can't like him. He's one of my very favourites.

Stantons Angel
20-02-2017, 06:23 PM

Correct! I started the post off to give acknowledgement to Lewis equaling Pats appearances in derby games.

There was no comparison made or to be made either!

Why it went off on a tangent is beyond me too.

Pat Stanton has been the best Hibs player i have seen in my lifetime as a follower of Hibernian FC. Only Sauzee came anywhere near filling that no 4 jersey.

Lewis is a completely different player in style and ability to Pat in every way.

He is a great wee player who gives 100% in each and every game in that jersey and a lovely lad who is very humble in his achievements.

Lets just acknowledge his achievements as was meant to be..

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2017, 06:32 PM

I like Stevenson, but is genuinely the funniest post I've read on here.