PDA

View Full Version : Dimitar Berbatov

hibby6270
19-02-2017, 02:16 PM
He's just been on the halftime chat in the Fulham-Spurs game.
Still looking for a club. Says at 35, it's just about playing football now. To me that says money not his main driving force. He'll have a wed big put aside no doubt!!

With a dozen or so games left for us, even 2 or 3 grand a week outlay for us isn't much - is it? Even 4 grand would make him the equivalent of a £50K signing.

Could he do a short term job for us? Unattached, so must be worth considering?

High-On-Hibs
19-02-2017, 02:18 PM
He's no George Best.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Still looking for a club. Says at 35, it's just about playing football now. To me that says money not his main driving force. He'll have a wed big put aside no doubt!!

With a dozen or so games left for us, even 2 or 3 grand a week outlay for us isn't much - is it? Even 4 grand would make him the equivalent of a £50K signing.

Are you looking for bites or actually being serious?

SRHibs
19-02-2017, 02:21 PM
I almost pished myself when I read this.

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Imagine him playing on that tattie field yesterday, doubt he'd fancy it. He'll be wanting a deal in Spain/France/Portugal etc.

SRHibs
19-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Front 2 of Brian Graham and Berbatov!

1van Sprou7e
19-02-2017, 02:22 PM

Stranger things have happened but I doubt Lennon would want him

jacomo
19-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Keep calm and pass him the ball.

Although, I do love players who genuinely just want to keep playing as long as they can. None of this retiring at the top nonsense.

SRHibs
19-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Stranger things have happened but I doubt Lennon would want him

Well, he did try to sign a 52 year old Emile Heskey...

Skol
19-02-2017, 02:26 PM
laziest guy Ive ever seen.

Came to life when the ball was in the box but otherwise !!!!

High-On-Hibs
19-02-2017, 02:33 PM
laziest guy Ive ever seen.

Came to life when the ball was in the box but otherwise !!!!

Yep, we already have one of those. :cb

1van Sprou7e
19-02-2017, 02:35 PM

He's one of the laziest players in the world, not the kind of attitude Lennon probably wants

hibby6270
19-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Both tbh.
He is a classy player. Would he be any worse than Holt or Graham in the same position?
There were a few raised eyebrows when Franck signed. Were we serious? Was he serious? Turned out he did a right good job. Class is always permanent. We could do worse in a short term situation.

We were happy to have Commons and hoped he would extend his stay but contract with Celtic was the downfall. So why not bring in another equally as skilled guy at 35 for remainder of season?
Lennon said it yesterday. Squad is still a bit thin. He could do a job for us IMO - given the chance.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Are people really arguing this deal shouldn't happen because Berbatov is lazy?

There's about 500 reasons why this won't happen, Berbatovs ability (and attitude) isn't one of them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2017, 02:40 PM
There's about 500 reasons why this won't happen, Berbatovs ability (and attitude) isn't one of them.

I concur.

Since90+2
19-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Something tells me this is not likely to happen.

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Come on now; I think someone has spiked your coffee, 6270 :greengrin

R'Albin
19-02-2017, 02:44 PM
I can't tell if folks in this thread are taking the piss or not. It will absolutely never happen and if it did it would be arguably our greatest signing ever.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2017, 02:47 PM
I can't tell if folks in this thread are taking the piss or not. It will absolutely never happen and if it did it would be arguably our greatest signing ever.

Aye but would he put a shift in on a cold, wet night in Greenock?

jgl07
19-02-2017, 02:49 PM

I thought it was a 52 stone Emile Heskey?

R'Albin
19-02-2017, 02:50 PM

:greengrin

hibby6270
19-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Come on now; I think someone has spiked your coffee, 6270 :greengrin

Maybe but the guy is saying all he wants to do is play football at his age. Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that he'd come to us? Probably. I'm not kidding myself that it would be easy to land him

If we asked and he said "dinnae be daft", then fair enough. But if you don't ask, you don't get. And the publicity and focus on the club that would go with it? You couldn't 'buy' that.

Dunbar Hibee
19-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Christ man. What have I just read.

jacomo
19-02-2017, 03:05 PM

Or indeed any time at Tynecastle?

That pitch isn't fit for Berba to drop his cigarette on, let alone play football.

Andy74
19-02-2017, 03:07 PM

Yep, mental!

xyz23jc
19-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Front 2 of Brian Graham and Berbatov!

Front two of Holt and Berbatov! Jase netting frequently from the resultant and inevitable mayhem! Unbelievable tho...:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
19-02-2017, 03:38 PM

That's exactly what I thought. :greengrin Berbatov would probably start for Celtic ahead of Dembele, never mind us questioning whether Lennon would fancy him.

calumhibee1
19-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Maybe but the guy is saying all he wants to do is play football at his age. Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that he'd come to us? Probably. I'm not kidding myself that it would be easy to land him

If we asked and he said "dinnae be daft", then fair enough. But if you don't ask, you don't get. And the publicity and focus on the club that would go with it? You couldn't 'buy' that.

Berbatov for 12 weeks would be worth us paying £10k a week, he'd give us a VERY good chance of getting to the Scottish cup final, he'd pay for himself in increased crowds and potentially interest from elsewhere for whatever reason.. Unfortunately it's never going to happen. :greengrin As someone else has pointed out he'd potentially be our best signing ever. There is however a small part of me that thinks if I was a pro footballer of his ability in the twilight of my career, clearly no longer in need of the money, I would love to go win a medal (possibly two) for a team where I'd be remembered in a 'how hell did we manage that' kind of way and tear it up for a short period in whatever league they play in.

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2017, 03:42 PM
That's exactly what I thought. :greengrin Berbatov would probably start for Celtic ahead of Dembele, never mind us questioning whether Lennon would fancy him.

He'd be a good signing for Celtic in other circumstances, but they don't need him at present.

Glory Lurker
19-02-2017, 03:43 PM
It bothers me that other clubs might know he would like to keep playing. Hibs need to act fast here.

JimboHibs
19-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Comedy gold this

Mikey09
19-02-2017, 04:05 PM
I realise a fans forum is for discussion etc but Jesus suffering Christ!! I thought the first post was funny until others started arguing Lennon wouldn't want Berbatov because he's lazy! Aye that's why he wouldn't be signed right enough!! :faf::faf::faf:

ancient hibee
19-02-2017, 04:06 PM
See that Messi.Never defends corners.

CMurdoch
19-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Get real.
He is a bone idle fopp who would want £20k per week and would only fly in for matches.
Disaster that Leanne wouldnae touch wae a barge pole.

Glory Lurker
19-02-2017, 04:14 PM
The timing of this couldn't be better, not just in terms of the league and the cup. It's coming up to the time when the shop starts thinking about discounting the strip to clear out its stock. They're not going to need to do that as the demand for "Berbatov" kits will be massive. They might even need to get more stock in. It's another bit of genius by Leeann. These are great days to be a Hibee!

A Hi-Bee
19-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Heard he was seen in George St last night, also heard that he now knows about the great Hi-Bees Scottish Cup winners as he was unaware of us in the past transfer windie when looking around for a game.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Dimitar Berbatov :faf:

erin go bragh
19-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Aye he'd be too lazy ,,,,,,,, 👀 .
Classic net gold :-)

A Hi-Bee
19-02-2017, 04:23 PM
I wid ignore any attempt to get this guy as he is no great athlete just lazy and all he ever did was score a bucket full o goals at the highest level, wid be no use to us.

Jim44
19-02-2017, 04:26 PM
It bothers me that other clubs might know he would like to keep playing. Hibs need to act fast here.

Sevco are on to it ........ spoils our chances. :faf::faf::faf:

JackLadd
19-02-2017, 04:35 PM
A deal till the end of the season, why not. He'd come in handy for the cup if we stay in it. Lennon probably knows him, benefit of having a name manager.

High-On-Hibs
19-02-2017, 04:36 PM
We should openly offer him 20K per week. Just so the "BIG club" will step in and offer him 25K a week.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Heard he was willing to do the deal for a 150k signing on fee in January but Petrie said no.

Hi Heid Yin
19-02-2017, 04:37 PM
I love this thread for the sheer fantasy of it all and a welcome side-track from all the anti-Lennon posts. :tee hee::tee hee:

A Hi-Bee
19-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Berbatov, Holt & Cummings as a front three in all out attack for the rest o the season, could mabe even win the cup as well (again)

hibby6270
19-02-2017, 04:45 PM
OK, OK. I'm purely speculating. Dreaming even!!

As I said in the original post, did anyone laugh or complain when we signed Franck Sauzee whilst languishing in what was then the First Division? (Same league we are in now) Not that I recall. A few raised eyebrows maybe saying "how did we manage that". But nobody can deny the impact he made on our promotion push and for a season or so following that.

I'm not saying we should attempt to sign up Berbatov on a long term deal. What would be the harm in a short term deal to the end of the season? If the impact was the same as Sauzee's was all those years back, win-win situation.

I can't see what everyone finds so damn funny about the prospect. If it doesn't pan out, then nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd like to think that if it ever did happen, what a lift if would give the club, the supporters, rest of the squad and Scottish football in general. It would be talked about for years.

What's the harm in that?

A Hi-Bee
19-02-2017, 04:50 PM
OK, OK. I'm purely speculating. Dreaming even!!

As I said in the original post, did anyone laugh or complain when we signed Franck Sauzee whilst languishing in what was then the First Division? (Same league we are in now) Not that I recall. A few raised eyebrows maybe saying "how did we manage that". But nobody can deny the impact he made on our promotion push and for a season or so following that.

I'm not saying we should attempt to sign up Berbatov on a long term deal. What would be the harm in a short term deal to the end of the season? If the impact was the same as Sauzee's was all those years back, win-win situation.

I can't see what everyone finds so damn funny about the prospect. If it doesn't pan out, then nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd like to think that if it ever did happen, what a lift if would give the club, the supporters, rest of the squad and Scottish football in general. It would be talked about for years.

What's the harm in that?

Hey i agree wi you it would be great but not likely and I also pointed out during the transfer window that he was around looking for a game, no harm in hoping against hope as we are Hi-Bees and no harm in having a laugh either, as you have said stranger things have happened at Easter Road, and he would for sure add the quality that we are sorely lacking.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2017, 05:01 PM
The Yams will be pissing their cords laughing at this thread.

Jim44
19-02-2017, 05:14 PM
The Yams will be pissing their cords laughing at this thread.

I don't know, they might fancy him as well. :greengrin

fat freddy
19-02-2017, 06:39 PM
I don't know, they might fancy him as well. :greengrin

He wouldnt fit on with Cathros pressing style and his insistance that his teams draw most of their games as they attempt to tighten their grip on 5th place in the league. Berbatov would score too many goals and spoil the equilibrium in the dressing room.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2017, 06:43 PM
I don't know if it's funnier that it was suggested in the first place or that some people seem to be taking it seriously.

emerald green
19-02-2017, 06:57 PM
A really funny thread. Great laugh. :crazy:

Jim44
19-02-2017, 07:03 PM
I don't know if it's funnier that it was suggested in the first place or that some people seem to be taking it seriously.

Come on now, I don't think anyone on this thread is remotely taking it seriously. :greengrin

NYHibby
19-02-2017, 07:08 PM
I once saw Berbatov play at Fulham. The girls in front of me had a DSLR with a zoom lens. They spent the whole game taking pictures of his ass. It was super weird and the camera clicking was super irritating.

Eyrie
19-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Come on now, I don't think anyone on this thread is remotely taking it seriously. :greengrin

I wish you'd said that before I got my "Berbatov - Hibs legend" tattoo :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Just spotted him getting on the number 26. Looks like he's bought himself a Rideacard so make of that what you want.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm not 100% sure if he will gel with Georgios?

snooky
19-02-2017, 07:27 PM
A deal till the end of the season, why not. He'd come in handy for the cup if we stay in it. Lennon probably knows him, benefit of having a name manager.

If all goes well he'll get cock or hen with Sparky.

Pretty Boy
19-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I won't believe anything until the fishmonger makes his delivery tomorrow morning?

Rumour is Jose Antonio Reyes on loan to compliment Berbatovs languid style.

Is It On....
19-02-2017, 07:50 PM
He's one of the laziest players in the world, not the kind of attitude Lennon probably wants

Might make the doubters about JC's work rate have second thoughts though. Can hear it now "See that lazy #### Berbatov, all he does is score. Should be tracking back more. It's like playing with 10 men" 🙄

silverhibee
19-02-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm not 100% sure if he will gel with Georgios?

You have got it wrong G, it ain't Samaras but Charlie Nicholas who is signing, came through Edinburgh airport last night, and picked up in a silver Merc people carrier, should be announcement hopefully tomorrow, think Charlie will start and Pat Stanton will have to do with a place on the bench, bit of experience in the team now.

:thumbsup:

wearethehibs
19-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Done deal

SteveHFC
19-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Done deal

Leigh will also be coming for £150K :hyper.

Bishop Hibee
19-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Greatest first post to a thread ever. Would he be fit for Wednesday?

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Greatest first post to a thread ever. Would he be fit for Wednesday?

:agree:

Get doon the club shoap early in the morning to get your Berba printed shirt. The queue will be enormous. :greengrin

hibby6270
19-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Glad I raised such a healthy debate.
Has made an otherwise drab Sunday very amusing.
See you all on Wednesday.

CMurdoch
19-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Think he would like playin for Hertz.
Would only agree to play the home matches because he wouldnae have to run far on their tiny wee pitch.

SteveHFC
20-02-2017, 12:05 AM
:agree:

Get doon the club shoap early in the morning to get your Berba printed shirt. The queue will be enormous. :greengrin

Big queue already down here.

leither17
20-02-2017, 05:26 AM
Poor mans Malonga

Captain Trips
20-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Land Rover with blacked out windows just gone through drive thru McDonald's in Edinburgh with the Reg BERBA 09