PDA

View Full Version : I love the Hibs

SirDavidsNapper
19-02-2017, 02:06 AM
What a club. Honestly feel privileged to support Hibernian. From the stories from my late father when I was a child about the famous five and the tornadoes and the huge terracing and European nights, the first visit to Easter Road as a five year old travelling over the bridge, approaching the ground and seeing the old floodlights and feeling my tiny heart pound so hard. The emotion I felt, choking back the tears seeing these heros emerge from the old main stand tunnel in the mesmerising green and white (a feeling I still get 30 years on), the smell of smoke and alcohol off the seasoned foot soldiers and the roar of what felt like 100k when we scored down the famous slope. Can't explain what being a Hibby means to me. The Hampden dissapointnents and relegations have been sore but supporting a club through thick and thin has its rewards. 21st of May 2016, when that bullet header hit the back of the net, I looked to the sky and thought of my dad, looked at my mates and thought about my daughter, looked at my watch and realised we might do it. 5-6 minutes I won't lie, I sobbed like the small child I was all those years ago, everything came back. We are Hibernian, more than a club. We will get back to where we belong beleive me. In times of hardship just be thankful for this club we support. God bless Hibs