PDA

View Full Version : Yogi at it again?

kaimendhibs
18-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Check this nutterhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/e71e094ea178ac743cbe89c2ae174993.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
18-02-2017, 08:54 PM
I'd rather have a Lennon angry and determined than the galoot behind him who thinks losing a four goal lead is hilarious.

kaimendhibs
18-02-2017, 08:58 PM
I'd rather have a Lennon angry and determined than the galoot behind him who thinks losing a four goal lead is hilarious.
Exactly. 👍

Carheenlea
18-02-2017, 11:30 PM
A winner and a clown - know who I'd rather have leading us.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2017, 11:37 PM
''What are ye doing in my swamp''

jacomo
18-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Not going to get worked up about Yogi. He's got a job to do, and we've got a job to do.

He'd best take some points off other teams though or I will be annoyed.

Mantis Toboggan
19-02-2017, 02:37 AM
Not going to get worked up about Yogi. He's got a job to do, and we've got a job to do.

He'd best take some points off other teams though or I will be annoyed.

Hes a good appointment for raith. They became a right shower under Locke, who turned out not to be the golden boy after all.

basehibby
19-02-2017, 03:51 AM
Check this nutterhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/e71e094ea178ac743cbe89c2ae174993.jpg

Great picture of two big characters of Scottish football exchanging what you might call a bit of managerial banter. Don't get the need for the character assassinations on the basis of this lively wee snapshot in time.

oldbutdim
19-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Great picture of two big characters of Scottish football exchanging what you might call a bit of managerial banter. Don't get the need for the character assassinations on the basis of this lively wee snapshot in time.

I doubt very much that opinions such as Yogi being a clown/galoot are based in any way on this photograph. I'm sure there will be other reasons.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 10:20 AM

:top marks

Billychaotic182
19-02-2017, 10:31 AM
If this was the other way about and Lennon was Celtic manager and Yogi was still here there would be a thread on here talking about how hilarious this is. Yogi is a hibs man leave the personal digs alone if you see the highlight video you can see that Lennon and yogi are having bit of banter with each other.

Moody Blues
19-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Don't see any problem with this picture.
I would have loved yogi to have been a success at jobs and genuinely wish him all the best with his job at RaithRovers

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 10:51 AM
If this was the other way about and Lennon was Celtic manager and Yogi was still here there would be a thread on here talking about how hilarious this is. Yogi is a hibs man leave the personal digs alone if you see the highlight video you can see that Lennon and yogi are having bit of banter with each other.

Did he not say he was a celtic fan when he signed for them ? either way I couldn't care what he is or was but whenever I've seen him in the away dug out at ER he doesn't come over as a Hibs man to me.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2017, 10:56 AM
I wish we had another galoot who had us punching our weight for a change.

Borderhibbie76
19-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Don't get the abuse of yogi...and fwiw I think he will have Raith taking points off our nearest challengers too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
19-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Delighted we have a manager like Lennon and got rid of guys like Yogi.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 11:43 AM

Seconded:aok:

Lago
19-02-2017, 11:48 AM
I am with you on that. 100%

eastmainsmsh
19-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Yogi is a hibs man wish him all the best at raith great character

fat freddy
19-02-2017, 12:04 PM
It beats me why fans are so disrespectful towards former players and managers, as we seen last week Aberdeen fans treated a former European Cup Winners Cup legend and former manager in a disgraceful manner, the guy may not have been a huge success as a manager for them but it wouldnt have been intentional, Im sure he wanted success for the Dons just as much as the fans who tried to humiliate him in the stand. Equally with Yogi, he captained us to a promotion in 99 as well as the demolition derby in 2000, he was jettisoned from the managers position as we sat in the top 6 of the premier league, he may be viewed as a failure for some of his bizarre team selections and hairbrained tactical decisions but Im confident that he always gave 100% for the club, as he will do for any club he manages. Discussing him as if hes some sort of clown is ridiculous, he gave everything when he wore our shirt and like most former players, he should be shown some respect.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 12:11 PM
It beats me why fans are so disrespectful towards former players and managers, as we seen last week Aberdeen fans treated a former European Cup Winners Cup legend and former manager in a disgraceful manner, the guy may not have been a huge success as a manager for them but it wouldnt have been intentional, Im sure he wanted success for the Dons just as much as the fans who tried to humiliate him in the stand. Equally with Yogi, he captained us to a promotion in 99 as well as the demolition derby in 2000, he was jettisoned from the managers position as we sat in the top 6 of the premier league, he may be viewed as a failure for some of his bizarre team selections and hairbrained tactical decisions but Im confident that he always gave 100% for the club, as he will do for any club he manages. Discussing him as if hes some sort of clown is ridiculous, he gave everything when he wore our shirt and like most former players, he should be shown some respect.

He never showed much respect when he was laughing after ridiculous 6-6 draw at Motherwell

oldbutdim
19-02-2017, 12:15 PM
He never showed much respect when he was laughing after ridiculous 6-6 draw at Motherwell

Possibly just putting on a brave face.

For all you know some of the players may well have had their buttocks flicked with a wet towel or banned from the Tuesday fart-lighting sessions following that shambolic display.

fat freddy
19-02-2017, 12:18 PM

You had to laugh that night, it was the maddest game of football he'd probably ever been involved in.

JimboHibs
19-02-2017, 12:18 PM

Exactly 100%.....

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-02-2017, 12:44 PM

:agree:

BullsCloseHibs
19-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Lennon over Hughes ANY day.
Hughes is a clown :agree:

19-02-2017, 12:49 PM
I like Yogi to be honest.

Lago
19-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Yogi is a hibs man wish him all the best at raith great character
Lets hope he has them playing as well against other opposition as he did against Hibs, that would do for me

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 01:57 PM
You had to laugh that night, it was the maddest game of football he'd probably ever been involved in.

Never found it funny in the slightest.....

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 01:57 PM

For all you know some of the players may well have had their buttocks flicked with a wet towel or banned from the Tuesday fart-lighting sessions following that shambolic display.

:greengrin

jacomo
19-02-2017, 01:58 PM

It's ok.

southsider
19-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Lets hope he has them playing as well against other opposition as he did against Hibs, that would do for me

Was talking to Rovers fans at the Corperate and they all thought Yogi would do a good job. Seemed good lads. Called skatchal a wage thief.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 02:06 PM
It's ok.

:confused:

MikeyS
19-02-2017, 02:37 PM

Wish there was a like button on here sometimes :not worth

19-02-2017, 03:03 PM

Me neither, it was a complete and utter embarassment. I've never heard this story of Yogi laughing but i'm sure it wasn't because he thought the result was funny. I'm sure this has been taken out of context. Yogi is a hibs fan.

JackLadd
19-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Yogi gotta have Raith, Yogi gotta Raith, Yogi gotta have Raith... Raith! Raith! Raith!

--------
19-02-2017, 03:47 PM

I think if we had a captain as forceful as John Hughes was back in the day, we wouldn't be questioning why the team don't seem to turn up until after half-time ...

IMO some of the the team have got the idea in their heads that 7 points clear of the field in mid- February equals promotion.

Callum_62
19-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Pretty sure Lenny and Hughes will know each other well

Seemed to be friendly at the FT whistle from the highlights I seen

Shows you how a photo can be misconstrued

A Hi-Bee
19-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Pretty sure Lenny and Hughes will know each other well

Seemed to be friendly at the FT whistle from the highlights I seen

Shows you how a photo can be misconstrued

Neil was going on to the pitch at the end there an saying to Yogi, am gonna rip there f88kin heads off, while Yogi was laughing you cannie di that Neil, at least wait till you get them inside away fi the camera's.

Keith_M
19-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Surely I'm not he only person wondering what exactly it is that Yogi is supposed to be "at" again?

:dunno:

kaimendhibs
19-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Surely I'm not he only person wondering what exactly it is that Yogi is supposed to be "at" again?

:dunno:
Being a wind up merchant

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Being a wind up merchant

Is that what he was doing?

overdrive
19-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Is that what he was doing?

I'm lost as to what this photo is meant to be showing. No context to it.

Famous Fiver
19-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Yogi cant be that much of a wind up merchant, or stupid.

He didn't think Skacel was worth a start or a sub appearance so at least he knows a dud when he sees one.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2017, 06:45 PM

If you watch the highlights, that picture appears to come from the end of the game, where both men were having a bit of a laugh.

The OP is just having a pop at the last manager to take us into Europe through our league position, because again it appears he's not too keen on him.

There are a whole raft of managers who have done a lot worse than Yogi.

Perhaps he might have poured a glass of red wine over Lennon later?

neil7908
19-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Of all the managers we've had over the years Yogi definitely doesn't deserve the stick he gets. He's a Hibs legend and Jose Mourinho compared to folk like Butcher and Calderwood

19-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Hibs....legend? Really?!

Fergos
19-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Yogi cannae believe that Lennon isn't introducing a goalkeeping school......

GGTTH

Holmesdale Hibs
19-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Well said. He was one of my favourite players when he captained Hibs and gave his all as a player and manager. While this doesn't excuse him from any criticism of his time in charge, i agree he deserves respect. He clearly loves Hibs and I liked his enthusiasm for the club whenever he's been here.

I also don't have a problem with him winding up Lennon on the touch line. He's just doing his job and I'm sure Lennon is big enough to deal with it.

jacomo
19-02-2017, 11:01 PM
If you watch the highlights, that picture appears to come from the end of the game, where both men were having a bit of a laugh.

The OP is just having a pop at the last manager to take us into Europe through our league position, because again it appears he's not too keen on him.

There are a whole raft of managers who have done a lot worse than Yogi.

Perhaps he might have poured a glass of red wine over Lennon later?

jgl07
20-02-2017, 01:51 AM
Who could not like someone who nailed Dirk Lehmann's shoes to the dressing room floor?

Dunbar Hibee
20-02-2017, 01:56 AM
Me neither, it was a complete and utter embarassment. I've never heard this story of Yogi laughing but i'm sure it wasn't because he thought the result was funny. I'm sure this has been taken out of context. Yogi is a hibs fan.

The story goes that he was banging on the window on the team bus after the match to get the attention of his fitba pal Tam Cowan. The players were embarrassed by his behaviour.

Swedish hibee
20-02-2017, 02:37 AM
The story goes that he was banging on the window on the team bus after the match to get the attention of his fitba pal Tam Cowan. The players were embarrassed by his behaviour.

Should the players not have been more embarrassed about their performance on the pitch that night??

Dunbar Hibee
20-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Should the players not have been more embarrassed about their performance on the pitch that night??

Absolutely mate, that wasn't me having a dig at Yogi, just what I was told

ekhibee
20-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Quite liked Hughes as a player, but not really as a manager. That said, he took us into Europe. Me bad, I still remember him from the notorious Freeland game v Falkirk when he was winding fans up after some of the disgraceful decisions that went on during that game. As far as him being a Hibs fan is concerned, I saw an interview with him when he clearly said he started out as a Hibs fan, switched his allegiance to Celtic round about secondary school age, then in later years went back to supporting Hibs.

superfurryhibby
20-02-2017, 02:04 PM
A lot of inverted snobbery focuses on Yogi and his obvious working class manner of speaking. Of course Scottish football is well known for producing well educated and articulate players, managers and fans isn't it?

The photo appears to suggest that Yogi is enjoying getting it right up Neil Lennon. I've no idea as to the kind of relationship they have, but I would imagine there had been a wee bit of banter during the game and Yogi was perhaps enjoying that his mediocre team had just taken a point from a team whose squad are considerably better paid than his own. Possibly not very classy of him, but fair enough.

Tell you one thing though, not many of the mockers would have the bawz to highlight Yogi's perceived dumb ass clown nature to his face. A rather hard laddie was Yogi.

oldbutdim
20-02-2017, 02:30 PM
A lot of inverted snobbery focuses on Yogi and his obvious working class manner of speaking. Of course Scottish football is well known for producing well educated and articulate players, managers and fans isn't it?

The photo appears to suggest that Yogi is enjoying getting it right up Neil Lennon. I've no idea as to the kind of relationship they have, but I would imagine there had been a wee bit of banter during the game and Yogi was perhaps enjoying that his mediocre team had just taken a point from a team whose squad are considerably better paid than his own. Possibly not very classy of him, but fair enough.

Tell you one thing though, not many of the mockers would have the bawz to highlight Yogi's perceived dumb ass clown nature to his face. A rather hard laddie was Yogi.

I think you have confused the term 'inverted snobbery' - it seems that you are suggesting that Yogi is being sneered at for being 'working class' which is hardly inverted snobbery, quite the opposite.

For what it's worth, your comment about him being a 'rather hard laddie' may relate to other criticism of his 'style' which in some circumstances may have been seen as a bit crass or even scarey to some of the players in his charge.

superfurryhibby
20-02-2017, 03:10 PM
I think you have confused the term 'inverted snobbery' - it seems that you are suggesting that Yogi is being sneered at for being 'working class' which is hardly inverted snobbery, quite the opposite.

For what it's worth, your comment about him being a 'rather hard laddie' may relate to other criticism of his 'style' which in some circumstances may have been seen as a bit crass or even scarey to some of the players in his charge.

Fairy nuff, my perception is that people consider him a bit too rough around the edges and wince at his sometimes mangled vocabulary and poorly articulated views. It is just good old snobbery at work, forget the inverted bit.

For someone who is often( eg; on this thread) perceived as being a bit daft and not the sharpest tool in the box, he's had a not bad career in a business which is hard to succeed at. That says he's maybe not quite as daft as some would have it.

His old school methods appear to have worked well enough at Falkirk and Inverness, maybe not so well with the players he worked with at Hibs.

The_Sauz
20-02-2017, 03:35 PM
No, he is certainly is not a Hibs fan,but does have a soft spot for them!
Celtic fan as a boy (father ran a Celtic bus) and has been seen at some Celtic matches before he got the job at Raith. He has lots of mates who are Hibs fans, but that as far as it goes:agree:

Craig_HFC
20-02-2017, 03:36 PM
'Fitba folk ken whit's gaun oan'.

He seems to be of the opinion that supporters don't know anything about football; just last week when he was talking about Fanny's Hat leaving the Huns he said something like 'folk in the trade knew what he was trying to do' in response to the criticism that Warburton was getting.

Hughes is a clown. He'll do alright at Raith but the man is a total buffoon.

The_Sauz
20-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Fairy nuff, my perception is that people consider him a bit too rough around the edges and wince at his sometimes mangled vocabulary and poorly articulated views. It is just good old snobbery at work, forget the inverted bit.

For someone who is often( eg; on this thread) perceived as being a bit daft and not the sharpest tool in the box, he's had a not bad career in a business which is hard to succeed at. That says he's maybe not quite as daft as some would have it.

His old school methods appear to have worked well enough at Falkirk and Inverness, maybe not so well with the players he worked with at Hibs.
He only did well at those clubs when Russell Latapy was his assistant! He nearly got Falkirk relegated and only won one home game for Inverness before RL joined.
He failed big time down south as a manager with Heartlepool Utd...got them relegated.

Thecat23
20-02-2017, 03:52 PM
He only did well at those clubs when Russell Latapy was his assistant! He nearly got Falkirk relegated and only won one home game for Inverness before RL joined.
He failed big time down south as a manager with Heartlepool Utd...got them relegated.

Bang on, mans hopeless!

superfurryhibby
20-02-2017, 03:55 PM

Now you are making it up.

Hartlepool had gone 20 games without a win and improved significantly under Yogi, just not enough to avoid the drop.

He won promotion at Falkirk and kept them there for four years, taking them to a Scottish Cup final.

He led Hibs to 4th place, albeit in a chequered season. Around Christmas time he had us near the top of the table.

He won the Scottish Cup at Inverness and also managed them to a League Cup final. The season they won the Scottish, they finished 3rd.

He was no doubt ably assisted by Latapy, many managers benefit from a good coach.

The facts speak for themselves. Yogi is a decent manager.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2017, 03:56 PM
He's a cup winning, European qualifying buffoon. :faf:

Bostonhibby
20-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Now you are making it up.

Hartlepool had gone 20 games without a win and improved significantly under Yogi, just not enough to avoid the drop.

He won promotion at Falkirk and kept them there for four years, taking them to a Scottish Cup final.

He led Hibs to 4th place, albeit in a chequered season. Around Christmas time he had us near the top of the table.

He won the Scottish Cup at Inverness and also managed them to a League Cup final. The season they won the Scottish, they finished 3rd.

He was no doubt ably assisted by Latapy, many managers benefit from a good coach.

The facts speak for themselves. Yogi is a decent manager.

:agree: As a manager and player brought a helluva lot more highs than lows. Even allowing for Ed De Graff! I think if we are going to judge him at all it needs to be against his recent peers at Hibs and beyond, He is a better than average Scottish football manager who owes us nothing.

WeeRussell
20-02-2017, 05:49 PM
:agree: As a manager and player brought a helluva lot more highs than lows. Even allowing for Ed De Graff! I think if we are going to judge him at all it needs to be against his recent peers at Hibs and beyond, He is a better than average Scottish football manager who owes us nothing.

Spot on. Find it baffling the majority of posts on this thread are digs at the big man!

Keith_M
20-02-2017, 06:36 PM

As I already stated, I'm baffled as to what the OP is trying to infer.

In the photo, I see Lennon shouting at somebody (out of shot) and Yogi apparently smiling.

And....?

kaimendhibs
20-02-2017, 07:42 PM

As I already stated, I'm baffled as to what the OP is trying to infer.

In the photo, I see Lennon shouting at somebody (out of shot) and Yogi apparently smiling.

And....?
Is that really what you see? I see Lennon very unhappy and Yogi taking great delight in it. Suppose its all about perceptions really.