PDA

View Full Version : After hearing Lennon's Interview

DaveF
18-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Could you pick a team for Wednesday :-)

Who, if anyone, will drop out?

Since90+2
18-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Worryingly he said Graham was one of a few to receive pass marks so he may start. I don't rate Graham and would have him nowhere near the starting 11.

Keatings will drop out for Boyle IMO as he knows that squirrel will give 110 percent. He may also be tempted to drop Fyvie for either Shinnie or Martin, not sure that would be a wise move.

Carheenlea
18-02-2017, 06:54 PM
I think we will see one of Boyle/Humphrey start. Humphrey in particular showed some good turn of pace on a couple of occasions and looked dangerous. Holt will almost certainly start I suspect alongside Cummings.

emerald green
18-02-2017, 06:59 PM
IIRC Lennon said in his post match interview that it was difficult to make changes because the squad isn't big enough (I agree with that Neil) and he'll have to work with what he's got. I don't really think he's got much room for wholesale changes that's for certain. Dylan McGeouch is a man short straight away, and we are missing Paul Hanlon's influence.

FWIW I think Holt has to be on from the start with Cummings. The whole squad needs to step up on Wednesday night and for the rest of the season.

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Shinnie and Holt for Keatings and Graham.

Super_JMcGinn
18-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Could you pick a team for Wednesday :-)

Who, if anyone, will drop out?

You'd be hard pressed to guess who he's going to pick, Lennon doesn't have a clue what our best 11 is and we're now past mid February.

Shrekko
18-02-2017, 07:13 PM
You'd be hard pressed to guess who he's going to pick, Lennon doesn't have a clue what our best 11 is and we're now past mid February.

I bet you know a lot more than NL eh?

HibsNutter
18-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Hook Keatings and Graham for Humphrey and Holt.

WoreTheGreen
18-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Check your. Laptop

IberianHibernian
18-02-2017, 07:32 PM
With McGeogh , Hanlon , Forster and Harris injured there isn`t great competition for places . Suppose Holt will start on Wednesday though I doubt he`ll get better chances than ones he missed in Gorgie .

jabis
18-02-2017, 07:34 PM

Football manager,or whatever it's called .
Has a whole lot to answer for.

Load of cathroess.

Nicho87
18-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Marciano
Gray
Mcgregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Martin

Boyle
Humphreys
Cummings

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 07:42 PM

There's no such thing as a "best 11". It changes each week according to form, fitness, tactics required and the way the opposition are going to set up.

Just Jimmy
18-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Same 11 as at Tynecastle. Obviously fonts starts for forster. Right blend of knowing a derby and grit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

emerald green
18-02-2017, 07:50 PM
There's no such thing as a "best 11". It changes each week according to form, fitness, tactics required and the way the opposition are going to set up.

It's amazing how many folk still seem to think the same 11 players should play week in, week out, for a whole season.

As Lennon said today, he feels his quad is too small but he will have to work with what he's got. Hibs squad has seemed very light all season IMHO, not helped by numerous injuries to key players, even leading to the need for "emergency loans". That in itself seems farcical to me. In days gone bye clubs like Hibs would look to their reserve team. Something of course now long gone in our game.

Billy Whizz
18-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Same 11 as at Tynecastle. Obviously fonts starts for forster. Right blend of knowing a derby and grit.

No thanks, we're the home team this time, would like a more attacking formation

Super_JMcGinn
18-02-2017, 08:00 PM
It's amazing how many folk still seem to think the same 11 players should play week in, week out, for a whole season.

As Lennon said today, he feels his quad is too small but he will have to work with what he's got. Hibs squad has seemed very light all season IMHO, not helped by numerous injuries to key players, even leading to the need for "emergency loans". That in itself seems farcical to me. In days gone bye clubs like Hibs would look to their reserve team. Something of course now long gone in our game.

It amazes me even more that people think we shouldn't have a recognised starting 11. The only time it should be changed is injury or suspension or we come up against a vastly superior opponent.

We're the top dog in this league and other teams should be changing their team not the other way round.

Stubbsy had a tendency to rotate teams and it was detrimental to league results imo. he always seemed to play a strong team in cup ties.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 08:02 PM
It amazes me even more that people think we shouldn't have a recognised starting 11. The only time it should be changed is injury or suspension or we come up against a vastly superior opponent.

We're the top dog in this league and other teams should be changing their team not the other way round.

Stubbsy had a tendency to rotate teams and it was detrimental to league results imo. he always seemed to play a strong team in cup ties.

It doesn't work that way though. Players fall in and out of form as a season goes on, other teams get used to tactics and players and habits and adjust to suit. There's no such thing as a recognised starting eleven, just a pool of players who require to be assessed for each individual game.

FWIW Stubbsy had picked up more points in less games last season than Lennon has.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2017, 08:04 PM
I would personally play the same starting line up as last week with the exception of Fontaine in for Forster, or preferably Hanlon if he's anywhere near fit.

Super_JMcGinn
18-02-2017, 08:05 PM
It doesn't work that way though. Players fall in and out of form as a season goes on, other teams get used to tactics and players and habits and adjust to suit. There's no such thing as a recognised starting eleven, just a pool of players who require to be assessed for each individual game.

FWIW Stubbsy had picked up more points in less games last season than Lennon has.

FWIW I think Stubbsy would have picked up a hell of a lot more this season than he did last, this is a vastly inferior league than last seasons.

Andy74
18-02-2017, 08:05 PM

They rarely hand out leagues in February.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 08:08 PM
They rarely hand out leagues in February.

I bloody well wish they did! :greengrin

emerald green
18-02-2017, 08:16 PM

That's not how top clubs operate in this day and age. Players get injured practically every week it seems. Hibs are sometimes playing on artificial surfaces, and different players need to be selected accordingly.

Also, for example, Lennon chose his team to play Hearts in the cup at Tynecastle last week to combat the playing conditions and what he saw were Hearts strengths and weaknesses.

Sometimes players lose form and as a result they have to be dropped.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Worryingly he said Graham was one of a few to receive pass marks so he may start. I don't rate Graham and would have him nowhere near the starting 11.

Keatings will drop out for Boyle IMO as he knows that squirrel will give 110 percent. He may also be tempted to drop Fyvie for either Shinnie or Martin, not sure that would be a wise move.
Personally I think fyvie has been murder the last 3 games...he gets an easy ride off some in comparison to the likes of shinnie. He was God awful today in that 1st half...but if Dylan isn't fit I don't see how we can drop him...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18-02-2017, 08:28 PM

This.

Vini1875
18-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Graham and Cummings up front for me, simply because of goal threat. Humphreys on for Keatings to go 442 is the only change I would make.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2017, 08:29 PM
FWIW I think Stubbsy would have picked up a hell of a lot more this season than he did last, this is a vastly inferior league than last seasons.
Keep hearing this vastly inferior league this season...utter 💩.other than no huns replaced by Utd. Other than that there is still the likes of Falkirk and a strong Morton. Less part time teams too than last 2 seasons. Yet another .net myth used as a stick to beat lennon with

we are hibs
18-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Marciano

gray
mcgregor
fontaine
stevenson

mcginn
mcgeouch
bartley

humphrey
boyle

cummings

Slim Shady
18-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Keep reading about Boyles 110%.... this is undeniable. His ability to be a first choice player is wrong tho. He's is at most an effective sub.
Worst first touch at the club and against them it could be costly. His contribution and affection for the club will never be lost, we need to aim higher though.

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Shinnie, Holt, Boyle and Humphrey back in for me. If Lennon doesn't get a reaction a few will be be away in the summer.

bigwheel
18-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Shinnie, Holt, Boyle and Humphrey back in for me. If Lennon doesn't get a reaction a few will be be away in the summer.

Humphrey ? Well his 20 + minute cameo
Today did nothing to suggest he should be near the starting 11

NBHibby
18-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Holt has to start on Wednesday. He offers alot more up front that Graham does. We need to add pace to pace to the starting 11.
I reckon the atmosphere at Easter Road under the floodlights on Wednesday night will play a big factor.

Captain Trips
18-02-2017, 11:01 PM
If NL thought Graham got pass marks v Raith then he needs to stick with him, somebody else needs to start scoring not saying he is answer but not going to do him any good being dropped after being one of 2 to get pass marks.

Captain Trips
18-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Holt has to start on Wednesday. He offers alot more up front that Graham does. We need to add pace to pace to the starting 11.
I reckon the atmosphere at Easter Road under the floodlights on Wednesday night will play a big factor.

He doesn't have to start at all, nobody bar JC has offered anywhere near an acceptable amount up there in this league.

18-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Graham is another scapegoat. Give him a run of games and he will score. We start again with no width in the team .

Forza Fred
18-02-2017, 11:25 PM

After today's Butcher like rant, I think Lennon might also be away in the summer.

macca70
18-02-2017, 11:40 PM
The biggest joke of the whole season was Lennons team selection last home game against Ayr, Keatings upbfront on his own at home to Ayr!!!

That is where the fans reps must be asking questions especial if Lennon is coming out with rants like today!!!

Heisenberg
18-02-2017, 11:55 PM
The biggest joke of the whole season was Lennons team selection last home game against Ayr, Keatings upbfront on his own at home to Ayr!!!

That is where the fans reps must be asking questions especial if Lennon is coming out with rants like today!!!

The fans reps having nothing to do with the football.

Lennon got it spot on today in his interview. There is a reason we have failed in this league for two seasons and we saw exactly the same thing again today. It's his job to sort it so hopefully his rant will fire them up a bit. Too many of them turn up thinking the game is won before a ball is kicked.

Forza Fred
19-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I worry, really worry, that after his angry rant, that he may make significant changes for the cup game, including starting with Cummings on the bench.

Mantis Toboggan
19-02-2017, 02:15 AM

In what reality does Holt add pace?

lucky
19-02-2017, 03:25 AM

The last thing any club needs is directors questioning the managers team selection never mind ones elected by fans. We rightly slated mad Vlad for his fax machine steam selection so why would you think it's acceptable for our directors to question NL on his team selection?

B.H.F.C
19-02-2017, 07:17 AM
I worry, really worry, that after his angry rant, that he may make significant changes for the cup game, including starting with Cummings on the bench.

We were awful yesterday so significant changes wouldn't worry me one bit.

Not a chance Cummings will be on the bench imo.

Ilovehibs
19-02-2017, 07:31 AM

If he does then it would be an absolute disgrace given JC is our main goalscorer, he saved us a point yesterday and we are struggling to put the ball in the net.
It's stating the obvious again. Jason should start every game. If Lennon drops him the Jambos would be delighted-enough said.

Thief
19-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Would guess the team on Wednesday will consist of players who react well to the constructive criticism that is inevitably coming their way during the video post mortem tomorrow morning, rather than their actual performance in the Raith game.
Here's hoping our key players react positively!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
19-02-2017, 12:15 PM

Fans reps have ZERO, DIDLY SQUAT to do with team selection or the coaching staff and thats the way it has to stay.

Lago
19-02-2017, 12:19 PM
After today's Butcher like rant, I think Lennon might also be away in the summer.
Nothing like a Butcher rant, however I agree that he could be away in the summer, not because Hibs dispense with his services but because he chooses to through lack of support from the club. I will just point at the lack of success in recruiting either Stokes or Commons in Jan. Both would be making a real contribution to our promotion prospects.

Borderhibbie76
19-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Nothing like a Butcher rant, however I agree that he could be away in the summer, not because Hibs dispense with his services but because he chooses to through lack of support from the club. I will just point at the lack of success in recruiting either Stokes or Commons in Jan. Both would be making a real contribution to our promotion prospects.
I fear the same...I do believe yesterday was also aimed at the Board for lack of signings in Jan...I think the board also got complacent after the 3 0 over United...and didn't think further recruits were needed.

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 12:42 PM

I don't think you can level those accusations at the board, neither Stokes or Commons WANTED to come to Hibs.

Lago
19-02-2017, 01:00 PM
I don't think you can level those accusations at the board, neither Stokes or Commons WANTED to come to Hibs.
Emm... not sure I agree with you, especially re Stokes. But you may be right re commons, however I feel Lennon was concerned that squad was light therefore thats why Hibs were linked with both players.