PDA

View Full Version : One idea I'd like to see us borrow from Raith Rovers..

Carheenlea
18-02-2017, 07:51 PM
..the fans choosing the match day music!

The Raith Rovers announcer remarked how fans can go onto the club website and somehow choose the selections for the playlist. Not sure if they have a list to choose from and take votes or if suggestions are taken, but it was a decent selection nonetheless. If PIL are getting aired, it can only be a good thing surely :rockin:

Swedish hibee
18-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Haven't been to ER this season but last season I attended a few games and the music was absolutely horrendous dance nonsense.
A nice wee bit of ska would've been better.

Do hibs get paid to play certain stuff? Or can they play anything they want?

Pretty Boy
18-02-2017, 08:08 PM
She's Electric was a staple at ER the last couple of seasons but not heard it as often this season. Bit of a tune.

Paisley Hibby
18-02-2017, 08:30 PM
I also really like what they do with away strip sponsorship. They raffle it and the winner gets to choose what goes on the front of the shirt. Currently a cancer charity.

HappyAsHellas
18-02-2017, 08:44 PM
They played Jackie Wilson at HT which I thought was good and my daughter thought was dire. Not sure why I'm posting this.....:confused:

brianmc
18-02-2017, 08:57 PM
They play music at Easter Road????

I'm in the back row of the East and this is news to me!

When did this start?

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Can't stand that "We can be heroes" song that's played right up to kick off at Easter Road - I just want to hear the fans chanting and singing, not that sh*te.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2017, 10:01 PM

When did this start?

I was about to ask the same thing (I'm also in the east).

Hiber-nation
18-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Loved hearing Up at The Lake by The Charlatans today.

oldbutdim
18-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Playing the music from the Slimcea ad of the 70's "up up and away" put me right off my pie.

Worse than the **** you have to put up with at the Bigot Bros stadia if you ask me.

And another thing. The turnstiles were quite deliberately set for Twiggy to get through. Sadly I had a quite thick jacket on and this nonsense with the adjustable turnstile could have made me look portly.

I used to have high regard for the Rovers due to Turnbull Hutton but this fixation with waist sizes has made me reassess my position.

Weightist *******s.

18-02-2017, 10:13 PM
I hope hertz do this so we can bombard it with sunshine on leith.

The Pointer
19-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Good thread! Bit of Prince Buster would get me a bit jiggy, jiggy.

As for turnstiles, despite being on the downward slope age-wise and the best efforts of Fyne Ales and Stewart Brewing, I have no problem squeezing through with relative ease.

Glory Lurker
19-02-2017, 12:24 AM

The Raith Rovers announcer remarked how fans can go onto the club website and somehow choose the selections for the playlist. Not sure if they have a list to choose from and take votes or if suggestions are taken, but it was a decent selection nonetheless. If PIL are getting aired, it can only be a good thing surely :rockin:

Had to pinch myself that I was hearing "Rise" at the fitba in whatever year it is just now. I probably would have pinched myself in 1986! Best set ae songs at a game that I can remember.

SteveHFC
19-02-2017, 12:43 AM
Can't stand that "We can be heroes" song that's played right up to kick off at Easter Road - I just want to hear the fans chanting and singing, not that sh*te.

Tbf that song on a night out is quite catchy. :duck:

Gramo
19-02-2017, 09:56 AM
i'm sure the current stadium announcer tweets asking for requests.

I'd be up for having a requests section on the website but the club cannot even update the player profiles so what's the point.

HFCdeb
19-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Tbf that song on a night out is quite catchy. :duck:

Aye if that's your thing I'm sure it is. Glory to the Hibees is quite catchy at Easter Road right before k/o as well.

Billychaotic182
19-02-2017, 10:39 AM
I like the NFL one we play near kick off, but I hate the stone roses song. It's awful!!

Hibby70
19-02-2017, 11:03 AM
It's the fact that it's the same 4 songs each week that get to me.

1. Go for it - SLF
2. Love Removal Machine - the Cult
3. Junior Kick-start - Go Team!
4. No Lucifer - British Sea Power
5. Runaround Sue - Dion

That'll do for starters.

WeAreHibs
19-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Soon to have -

We Are Hibs by Graeme Hunter 😉

Billychaotic182
19-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Soon to have -

We Are Hibs by Graeme Hunter 😉

I can't wait till we can have a recorded version. Used yo most of my data on march days playing it of YouTube haha

emerald green
19-02-2017, 12:37 PM
How about playing "Happy Days Are Here Again" by Max Bygraves after we hump the Yams on Wednesday night?

CMurdoch
19-02-2017, 01:03 PM
How about playing "Happy Days Are Here Again" by Max Bygraves after we hump the Yams on Wednesday night?
Strangely I would like to hear that at the fitba

Eyrie
19-02-2017, 01:16 PM
It's the fact that it's the same 4 songs each week that get to me.

1. Go for it - SLF

:thumbsup:

emerald green
19-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Strangely I would like to hear that at the fitba

There's just no accounting for taste. I was jesting to be honest. Just a "one off" to wind up our friends from Gorgie should Hibs win. :greengrin

hibeenicol
19-02-2017, 09:13 PM

They give the fans a theme, this week it was about rising up. Ito a good idea and gives the fans an input which can only be a good thing.

ajf
19-02-2017, 09:53 PM

When did this start?

I'm in the west and every week they ask " if you want the east to hear this make some noise " :greengrin

coco22
19-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Superb! Can only imagine you doing the match day set-list....16,000 Hibees 'singing' along to Arab Strap 😂

Dunbar Hibee
20-02-2017, 01:41 AM
Bring back Teenage Kicks.