PDA

View Full Version : Holt Penalty Claim

Carheenlea
18-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Appeared to be bundled to ground at a corner late in game - didn't see the whole incident as was following ball, but he ended up on the deck after tangling with the ref defender on top of him. Raith straight up the park and they get awarded a free kick at corner flag for a similar looking incident.
Need to see again, but anyone get a better look at it?

kaimendhibs
18-02-2017, 06:52 PM
For me was a stonewaller. Never getting it from the falkirk fan in the middle tho

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Stonewaller

As was the one earlier in the season at Raith for holding on Holt.

StevieCowan
18-02-2017, 07:20 PM
The trip on Graham in the first half was a penalty.

18-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Haven't seen any replays of it, only seen it in real time but looked an absolute stonewaller from where I was sitting.

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Looked a penalty all day long, as did Graham's in the first half.

hibee62
18-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Strangely the Hibs tv commentators initially thought the ref had given the holt one. Was he pointing for a goal kick or something? They also reckon graham never got his because he never went down: a real pet hate of mine!

Golden Bear
18-02-2017, 07:29 PM
The trip on Graham in the first half was a penalty.

Not convinced on that one. I watched the game on Raith TV and it looked as though Graham stumbled rather than anything else.

stantonhibby
18-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Strangely the Hibs tv commentators initially thought the ref had given the holt one. Was he pointing for a goal kick or something? They also reckon graham never got his because he never went down: a real pet hate of mine!

Exactly....What was he pointing at ?

brianmc
18-02-2017, 08:00 PM
I thought the Graham one probably was a penalty - but when you're at the opposite end of the stadium it's hard to be 100% sure.
The challenge on Holt looked like a textbook example of a rugby tackle.

calumhibee1
18-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Stonewall penalty but we were never going to get it were we? It's not so much the decisions given against us as such the last two seasons, it's the decisions we don't get that couldn't be any more obvious that are getting totally out of hand.

jodjam
18-02-2017, 10:40 PM
The ref must have a rule book that states if two men grapple a forward in the box and one of the two has his hands round his neck a penalty must not be awarded. Easiest call the ref had all game and he bottled it.

Borderhibbie76
19-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Not he first time we've been robbed by that ref Charleston either...he really is one of the more inept refs in this league

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
19-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Once the ball was in the air I saw the tussle and Holt was dragged right down. A Pen every day. That would have been given against us - especially yesterday. The worst ref I've seen. The two minutes between incidents and him awarding a free kick in either direction was mystifying.

Gramo
19-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Mvoto is a beast of a defender and for me he's all over Holt. Clear penalty.

The ref was shocking yesterday!

StPauli
19-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Thought it was a penalty at the game, but having seen the highlights Holt was definitely bundled to the ground. The ref even looked like he had awarded it pointing to what I thought was the penalty spot.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Penalty, ref was howling yesterday, just as he was at Paisley when he gave St Mirren goal after we had player with head knock, and their player was 5 yards offside. Incompetence all round

StevieCowan
19-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Having watched them both back I'd be raging if they were given against Hibs.

There is contact with Graham and one of those in middle of the park the ref gives a free kick but is there enough there to give a pen..

I think Holt is very cute on the 2nd one and it's 6 of one and half a dozen of another

Bostonhibby
19-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Holt stonewaller. Graham most refs would have given. The yams would have got both but I'm still glad we're not them.

bigwheel
19-02-2017, 09:47 AM

There is contact with Graham and one of those in middle of the park the ref gives a free kick but is there enough there to give a pen..

I think Holt is very cute on the 2nd one and it's 6 of one and half a dozen of another

On your Graham point - If it's a free kick somewhere else in the park, then surely it is a penalty in the box ?

StevieCowan
19-02-2017, 09:55 AM
On your Graham point - If it's a free kick somewhere else in the park, then surely it is a penalty in the box ?

Well obviously but surely you want a referee to be 100% certain before giving a game changing decision but you could live with a feee kick 70 yards from goal?

danhibees1875
19-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Hard to tell from the highlights on my phone but it looked 50:50 and I think the fact the keeper collects the ball a couple yards away from the incident - what the ref points at I suspect - suggests this would never have been given, not even to Hearts.

It's more concerning that we didn't have too many clear cut chances (JC with a couple edge of the box while on the turn efforts) and a couple of defensive mistakes (Lewis' header to Stevenson for the goal).

bigwheel
19-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Well obviously but surely you want a referee to be 100% certain before giving a game changing decision but you could live with a feee kick 70 yards from goal?

Yes. But equally I don't want a ref to change his decision just because it's in the box ..

HibernianJK
19-02-2017, 10:19 AM

If there's enough for a foul in the middle of the park there should be enough for a pen. Does my head in when fouls that would be fouls anywhere else on the park aren't given as penalties.

StevieCowan
19-02-2017, 10:22 AM
If there's enough for a foul in the middle of the park there should be enough for a pen. Does my head in when fouls that would be fouls anywhere else on the park aren't given as penalties.

Only if they don't go in Hibs favour.

HibernianJK
19-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Only if they don't go in Hibs favour.

Maybe when Hibs are playing, but as a neutral it really pisses me off too.

wookie70
19-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I thought Graham's was more of a Pen. Difficult to see in the highlights as you only see the tail end of the Holt wrestling match. It looks a foul but the Keeper has claimed it so easily the ref probably sees the incident as having little or no bearing on the game. There is also a huge possibility that Holt was first to start the wrestling. Graham looks like his foot was clipped to me and it was a definite pen. If not why was he not booked.

ancient hibee
19-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Considering the amount of ball we've had this season we don't get many penalties.

Mikey09
19-02-2017, 04:22 PM
For those saying Holts wasn't a pen do you think if he'd been all over the defender in the same manner the ref would have blew for a foul?! I think we know the answer to that one...

calumhibee1
19-02-2017, 04:24 PM
For those saying Holts wasn't a pen do you think if he'd been all over the defender in the same manner the ref would have blew for a foul?! I think we know the answer to that one...

Exactly. Definite penalty.

where'stheslope
19-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Referee did us a favour late on in the game, the Raith player running onto the ball 20 yards out ref got in his way and the sway to miss the ref meant it was an easy save for Rocky.
Still thought the ref was shocking and looked unfit!!!