PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

HibsNutter
18-02-2017, 05:28 PM
What a man, he has got us out of some amount of awkward situations this season. Absolute pearler of a free-kick, he is some player and we should be thankful we have him.

Hopefully the likes of Graham, Keatings and Holt begin to chip in with more goals because we can't rely on Jason forever.

Keyser Sauzee
18-02-2017, 05:36 PM
How many is he on this season now?

Ozyhibby
18-02-2017, 05:38 PM
He has been player of the season so far for me.
Still can't believe some wanted him sold in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
18-02-2017, 05:45 PM
How many is he on this season now?

14 in the league and 2 in the cup.....I think.

murray26
18-02-2017, 05:46 PM
He needs to play every minute of every game until the end of the season ( if fit obviously) his goals will get us promotion..

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Some folks just need time to start to realise just how good a goalscorer the boy is and its goals that will get us promoted even if its only one goal in every game, Cummings is the one to get them.
He can sit on his arse in the penalty box all game as far as I am concerned as long as he is zinging in the goals.

Albanian Hibs
18-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Best player on the park today imo

SunshineOnLeith
18-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Offers nothing except goals :rolleyes:

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2017, 06:12 PM

Long may it continue!:agree:

Arch Stanton
18-02-2017, 06:14 PM

I have to admit that if he had scored two and we had won the game I too would have been blindly ecsatitic about his abilities. Just getting us a draw leaves me a bit undecided tbh.

Unseen work
18-02-2017, 06:21 PM
All he does is score goals and gets slated.

Holt never scores and gets praised.

That's hibs fans for you.

Personally, I love Cummings and find ourselves extremely lucky to have him.

Ozyhibby
18-02-2017, 06:23 PM

Amazes me as well. [emoji23]

Arch Stanton
18-02-2017, 06:31 PM

I guess the longer we are in the Championship the more goals we will see him score - can't wait.:greengrin

Seriously though, we need a well balanced team in all positions - not just one!

Smartie
18-02-2017, 06:39 PM

I think he's a better player now than he was back in the summer.

Credit to Jason for improving his game.

Ozyhibby
18-02-2017, 06:44 PM
I think he's a better player now than he was back in the summer.

Credit to Jason for improving his game.

Given his age it was entirely predictable that he would improve.

Onceinawhile
18-02-2017, 07:03 PM
If we go up a lot of that will be down to Jason Cummings.

Imagine where we'd be if lennon hadn't dropped him for 8 weeks!

Ilovehibs
18-02-2017, 07:11 PM

Totally agree! Thank God for Jason. Goal no 16 today despite being dropped for weeks.

Really hope he does the business against that mob on wednesday night.

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Has the ability to get goals out of nowhere. But he's certainly capable of more imo. He could score a silly amount of goals if he improved other aspects of his game. Get's caught offside far too often for example.

Rougier45
18-02-2017, 07:18 PM

And. Not enough for the division he his on OP is correct though no one else pitches In

lord bunberry
18-02-2017, 07:18 PM
We'd be up **** creek without him.

Waxy
18-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Love Jason and we've lots to thank him for.

Pretty Boy
18-02-2017, 07:20 PM
He's a goalscorer and he'll have a great career because people will always pay money for them.

An absolute saviour in a lot of games this season (and previous).

Is It On....
18-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Why do you think that Lennon (and some on here) don't seem to rate him?

Andy74
18-02-2017, 08:08 PM
He's a goalscorer and he'll have a great career because people will always pay money for them.

An absolute saviour in a lot of games this season (and previous).

Yep but he's also part of the team that isn't doing well enough to create and score goals. Thought he was poor overall today but it's certainly great we can rely on him so often for those moments that get us back in games or turning draws into wins.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Lennon doesn't seem to rate his overall play and he singled him out today for criticism. He's undroppable for the rest of the season though considering his goals return.

Smartie
18-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Why do you think that Lennon (and some on here) don't seem to rate him?

I think Lennon rates him very highly indeed, which is why he gets frustrated when Jason doesn't give us as much as Lennon thinks he should.

I love Jason but I was previously quite critical of him because he still has a good few rough edges.

He's improving all the time though. I used to totally agree with Lennon's opinion - if he's not scoring, what is he bringing to the team? When Cummings isn't scoring we don't win.

Holt isn't scoring but he makes a big contribution and when he is on the field we play better and more often than not, we win.

But I think Cummings has added a lot to his game this season.

He was brilliant last week at Tynecastle without scoring.

I do think he needs Holt, and he hasn't really hit it off with any of our other strikers at any point.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-02-2017, 08:16 PM
If there was one player who could have an excuse to give two fingers to the boss it is JC. Yet he delivers after being hung out to dry for a while. Maybe the rest of the squad will be getting the same treatment soon?

AgentDaleCooper
18-02-2017, 08:25 PM
folk forget he was every bit as important - if not more important - than hanlon in ties against hearts last year. he was pish in the final, but we've got him to thank for bringing it back to ER as much as anyone else. Dare I say it...the man's a legend. daft as a brush, but a legend

:not worth:not worth:not worth

:flag::flag::flag:

HappyAsHellas
18-02-2017, 08:34 PM
He's a natural goalscorer and therefore worth his weight in gold. However, the modern game dictates that these guys must contribute more than just goals and I think it's this side of his game Lennon wants him to improve and I can understand why. Several times today when balls were played up front not once did Jason or Keats get in front of the defender but rather just got pushed out the way far too easily. For all Graham contributed very little he at least did win some balls hit up top, and they weren't all headers. Also worth noting that when Jason was dropped we were still winning games, and he's come back a bit better than before. If Lennon continues improving him, then it's to everyone's benefit.

The Spaceman
18-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Love Jason. Fabulous wee player, just hope he continues to see us as the best place for him to develop.

Swedish hibee
18-02-2017, 09:03 PM

Well said. Completely agree.

Andy74
18-02-2017, 09:17 PM

That's not really accurate though is it?

I doubt you'd meet many Hibs fans who don't think that Cummings is a brilliant goal scorer. There will also be a number that think he could improve his all round game.

With Holt I think people appreciate his all round game, largely. I think most would also agree that despite that his goal return hasn't been good.

To say that Hibs fans on the whole slate Cummings but praise Holt is just nonsense.

cmcd
18-02-2017, 09:24 PM

Very good goalscorer but certainly not player of the season . To be a great player he needs a right foot . McGregor player of the year (so far)

Enough said
18-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Best player on the park today imo

Glad I agree with Lennon and not you. Good free kick lad was very poor today

Hibee Mac
18-02-2017, 09:32 PM
He does what good strikers do, scores goals I love the guy.

I also think his link up has improved a lot lately he's nowhere near the "goals and nothing else" type of player he gets stick for.

Unseen work
18-02-2017, 09:49 PM

I doubt you'd meet many Hibs fans who don't think that Cummings is a brilliant goal scorer. There will also be a number that think he could improve his all round game.

With Holt I think people appreciate his all round game, largely. I think most would also agree that despite that his goal return hasn't been good.

To say that Hibs fans on the whole slate Cummings but praise Holt is just nonsense.

Personally, I think it is accurate.

I see more fans on here giving Cummings stick than I do holt.

If you don't share that opinion then fair enough.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Great free kick but his overall contribution was very poor and his first touch woeful all game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is It On....
18-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Love Jason. Fabulous wee player, just hope he continues to see us as the best place for him to develop.

I said this before..but for those that say he doesn't work hard enough, needs to chase back, not involved in the game enough, too greedy, too one footed, blah blah blah... he was playing park football and working as a gardner less than 4 years ago..still only 20...BUT HE SCORES GOALS FFS!!! I really don't believe we could afford to replace him with similar quality if he left...

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Great free kick but his overall contribution was very poor and his first touch woeful all game.

Overall contribution poor but essentially he did what he was on the park to do. How many others can say the same?

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Overall contribution poor but essentially he did what he was on the park to do. How many others can say the same?
Very true mate

lord bunberry
18-02-2017, 10:24 PM

Would you meet many hibs fans that think we would be top of the league without his goals? His overall play is completely irrelevant, he puts the ball in the back of the net. He does exactly what he's paid to do. The rest of the team can worry about all round game.

Captain Trips
18-02-2017, 10:27 PM
JC has done enough to be allowed the odd missed sitter, in the matches we have failed to win this term we have missed countless chances our forward line has IMO been the biggest reason we are not 12-15pts ahead at this juncture.

ColinNish
18-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Well going by Lennon's interview after the match, he was less than impressed with Cummings today.

lord bunberry
18-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Well going by Lennon's interview after the match, he was less than impressed with Cummings today.
Given the choice between Lennon and Cummings, I know who would get my vote,

Dunbar Hibee
19-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Let's be honest here - we would be ****ed without Jason Cummings. Hope we can keep on to him for as long as possible.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Let's be honest here - we would be ****ed without Jason Cummings. Hope we can keep on to him for as long as possible.

That's the reality. If Cummings were to pick up an injury now I'm not sure our 7 point lead would be enough.

lucky
19-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Lennon gets frustrated with JC because he believes he could do more and kick on to the next level in his career but JC seems to be content with scoring rather than the team winning. Hopefully with experience he'll learn that to be successful the team comes first

northstandhibby
19-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Lennon gets frustrated with JC because he believes he could do more and kick on to the next level in his career but JC seems to be content with scoring rather than the team winning. Hopefully with experience he'll learn that to be successful the team comes first

Bit of an oxymoron. By scoring goals JC is of course helping the team. Every top striker is selfish by seeking to put the ball in the net first and foremost, that is their job.

glory glory

21sMay
19-02-2017, 12:40 AM
Surely I'm not alone with the opinion that Jason brings far more to the table than just goals. I think Jason's hold up play this season has been far better and running the channels against hearts was the only way we created chances. In my opinion he gets too much stick from Lennon when there are most defiantly other players in the team who need to pull there weight far more than Jase

Forza Fred
19-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Lennon doesn't seem to rate his overall play and he singled him out today for criticism. He's undroppable for the rest of the season though considering his goals return.

I'm not sure Lennon sees it that way, judging by his criticism today

3pm
19-02-2017, 05:22 AM
Yep but he's also part of the team that isn't doing well enough to create and score goals. Thought he was poor overall today but it's certainly great we can rely on him so often for those moments that get us back in games or turning draws into wins.

He barely got a pass so it's harsh to say he was poor.

cmcd
19-02-2017, 08:37 AM
He barely got a pass so it's harsh to say he was poor.

He was bullied out the game by a very good CH

judas
19-02-2017, 09:01 AM
What a man, he has got us out of some amount of awkward situations this season. Absolute pearler of a free-kick, he is some player and we should be thankful we have him.

Hopefully the likes of Graham, Keatings and Holt begin to chip in with more goals because we can't rely on Jason forever.

Precisely.

Dodgy link up play, lack of effort, big ego .... Pah. Couldn't give a monkeys when he's sticking the ball in the net. We would be knackered without him.

Dom'sFirstTouch
19-02-2017, 09:12 AM
If Cummings gets injured I don't think we'll get promoted. Frightening how reliant we still are on a young, developing player for all our goals after 3 years in the championship.

HFCdeb
19-02-2017, 09:14 AM

This. I love Cummings but wish he would contribute more. I love Holt but wish he would score more.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure Lennon sees it that way, judging by his criticism today

Dropping Cummings again this season would be footballing suicide. I don't think Lennon rates his overall play but I think he knows that he needs him in the team for goals.

Our second top goalscorer is on five goals!

Smartie
19-02-2017, 09:30 AM
If Cummings were to be injured it would be a massive blow but I think we'd still manage to crawl over the line.

Boyle scored goals when he came into the side the last time. I suspect that Keatings would get a good few if he was played up front. Graham has shown he can get the odd goal too. Clearly none of them would get as many as Cummings though.

Our biggest problem would be if Holt got injured, as we seem to go to pieces every time he's out of the side.

jacomo
19-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Given the choice between Lennon and Cummings, I know who would get my vote,

Depends on the job you need doing I suppose.

I wouldn't pick Neil up front. He was never much of a goal scorer and I suspect his legs have gone.

Hi Heid Yin
19-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Has the ability to get goals out of nowhere. But he's certainly capable of more imo. He could score a silly amount of goals if he improved other aspects of his game. Get's caught offside far too often for example.

Which is why he has been singled out occasionally by Lennon. Lennon is frustrated because he can see his potential and merely wants Jason to make that step up to another level. Jason, however, needs to see it for himself and want it. He, without question, plays well within himself far too often and is, I believe, a fool to himself for doing so. Jason could be a "great' player, if he offered increased drive and desire and improved certain aspects of his game - drifting lacksadaisical-like in and out of games, does nothing for himself or his team-mates.

lord bunberry
19-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Depends on the job you need doing I suppose.

I wouldn't pick Neil up front. He was never much of a goal scorer and I suspect his legs have gone.
I was thinking more along the lines of manager. Jason is ready imo. Player manager.:greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Which is why he has been singled out occasionally by Lennon. Lennon is frustrated because he can see his potential and merely wants Jason to make that step up to another level. Jason, however, needs to see it for himself and want it. He, without question, plays well within himself far too often and is, I believe, a fool to himself for doing so. Jason could be a "great' player, if he offered increased drive and desire and improved certain aspects of his game - drifting lacksadaisical-like in and out of games, does nothing for himself or his team-mates.

He dropped him for several weeks and refused to even bring him on as a sub when we were crying out for goals. I think Lennon's man management of the boy has been deplorable.

erin go bragh
19-02-2017, 02:56 PM
First name on the team sheet every week . Scoring goals is the name of the game . Hope he runs riot against them on Wednesday.

Albanian Hibs
19-02-2017, 03:30 PM

Who was better then? Can only give pass marks to Darren McGregor and David Gray also. As I said, imo.

pacoluna
19-02-2017, 05:13 PM
He dropped him for several weeks and refused to even bring him on as a sub when we were crying out for goals. I think Lennon's man management of the boy has been deplorable.

Your anti Lennon posts are nauseating give it a rest.

houstonhibbee
19-02-2017, 05:22 PM
He's entitled to his opinion, its not an unreasonable one even if it makes you sick. Why dont you give it a rest

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 05:24 PM

It gives me no pleasure in stating the obvious, I'm sorry if that upsets you.

cmcd
19-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Who was better then? Can only give pass marks to Darren McGregor and David Gray also. As I said, imo.

Lewis Stevenson

Hi Heid Yin
19-02-2017, 05:28 PM
He dropped him for several weeks and refused to even bring him on as a sub when we were crying out for goals. I think Lennon's man management of the boy has been de3 (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?318872-Cummings/page3)plorable.

On the contrary, I think Lennon is astute and is trying every trick in the book to get Jason to contribute a lot more besides scoring and to move up another level.
You have to keep in mind that it was Lennon himself who took Jason away to France to convince him that his immediate future lay with Hibs and managed to secure him on a lengthy contract.
He is simply working the boy and trying to reach him psychologically. All due respect to Jason, but he's not the sharpest tool and maybe he really does need to be kept at - eventually the penny might drop. If not, then Jason might just become one of those " if only" players we have all witnessed and heard of.

pacoluna
20-02-2017, 08:13 AM
He's entitled to his opinion, its not an unreasonable one even if it makes you sick. Why dont you give it a rest
who said he's not entitled to his opinion, must be the most boring overused sentence on this "he's entitled to his opinion" grow up, we know his opinion, its on every thread! he does't like him we get that.

The Leith Dutch
20-02-2017, 09:07 AM

He dropped him when he wasn't scoring which is fair enough and he brought in Boyle in who had a good run scoring next few games if I recall.
He's played pretty much a full game in 5 of the 8 draws and 1 of the 2 defeats with half an hour in the other defeat and one of the remaining draws.

For the record - I like Cummings a lot and he has a swagger that good forward players need.
He's a good player and we've been very reliant on his goals but he has a lot of room for improvement and if he is "undroppable" it unfortunately says more about our goalscoring options in the squad rather than Cummings.