PDA

View Full Version : Dropped points so far

RIP
18-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Falkirk. 34 points dropped from 25 games
Morton. 31 points dropped from 24 games
Dundee United. 29 points dropped from 24 games.
Hibs. 22 points dropped from 24 games.

So if the same ratio applies in the final 12 matches we will drop an average of 2 points every 2 games.

It's all about perspective

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 04:27 PM
If the same ratio continues in the next 12 matches then we're promoted and even further ahead than we are right now.

Joe6-2
18-02-2017, 04:29 PM
So, no problems, and any improvement, we skoosh it! All is well 😉

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 04:34 PM
These statistics have suddeny made me feel really satisfied with two draws against the 8th and 9th teams in the table. :rolleyes:

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 04:36 PM
These statistics have suddeny made me feel really satisfied with two draws against the 8th and 9th teams in the table. :rolleyes:

Nobody is asking you to be satisfied with recent results. But surely it's the bigger picture that matters most right now and not individual results?

Weststandwanab
18-02-2017, 04:37 PM
If the same ratio continues in the next 12 matches then we're promoted and even further ahead than we are right now.

I am guessing arithmetic was not the op's strong point.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Nobody is asking you to be satisfied with recent results. But surely it's the bigger picture that matters most right now and not individual results?

The bigger picture is that, taking into account how poor our challengers have been generally, we should be 12 points or more ahead by now. As it is, we keep giving hope to those below us who know we can't finish teams off.

I'll be happy with a seven point lead when there are only six points left to play for.

we are hibs
18-02-2017, 04:43 PM
embarrassing some people are trying to justify what we just seen today. Completely and utterly *****. As it has been too many times this season.

dmc1875
18-02-2017, 04:45 PM
embarrassing some people are trying to justify what we just seen today. Completely and utterly *****. As it has been too many times this season.

We are now seven points clear, we lost away to raith last season. It was a woeful performance with players clearly with one eye on midweek. A points a point closer to our goal of going up.

RIP
18-02-2017, 04:49 PM
I am guessing arithmetic was not the op's strong point.

Looks like guessing isn't your strong point. I was quoting numerical facts, not putting forward a prediction.

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Nobody's pretending that this is a great team by any means but if and when we go up then the real work needs to begin and we need some real quality in the side, as what we have is no good enough to be any less than a yo yo team. so we will need to spend and that may also mean that some favourites will have to be moved on to reach the kind of team we all want to see at Easter Road.

We lack the quality to be consistent in this division never mind in the one above, that is going to take spending real cash.

It is a disgrace that we have been in this division for so long, that cannot be disputed, but you can only progress once you get out of it.

RIP
18-02-2017, 04:50 PM
embarrassing some people are trying to justify what we just seen today.

You just made that up, didn't you?

emerald green
18-02-2017, 04:57 PM
That's 8 draws in 24 games. It's now really essential if Hibs are going to win this league, and don't get drawn into a real dog fight at the end of the season, that they re-commence winning games. 3 points for a win can change things very quickly.

Starting at home against Dunfermline next Saturday, when Dundee Utd are playing Greenock Morton.

jgl07
18-02-2017, 05:24 PM
The bigger picture is that, taking into account how poor our challengers have been generally, we should be 12 points or more ahead by now. As it is, we keep giving hope to those below us who know we can't finish teams off.

I'll be happy with a seven point lead when there are only six points left to play for.
Aye, when Dundee United and the others 'need snookers'.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Drawing a third of our games so far in the Championship is clearly not good enough for a club of our stature although it's clear that, so far, it's enough to see us get promoted.

SMAXXA
18-02-2017, 08:32 PM

Wow 7 points clear and people won't accept that over the course of a season the team will lose draw and also not play well in game. We are Hibs in the championship not Barcelona 🙈

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Wow 7 points clear and people won't accept that over the course of a season the team will lose draw and also not play well in game. We are Hibs in the championship not Barcelona 🙈

We've lost or drawn over 40% of our games so far. I don't think we should accept that, especially as our home crowds are about three times those of our closest challengers. We should be more than 7 points ahead at this point, however you look at it. Goodness knows we've had enough opportunities to stretch our lead and regularly blown it against very ordinary teams.

Kevvy1875
18-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Falkirk. 34 points dropped from 25 games
Morton. 31 points dropped from 24 games
Dundee United. 29 points dropped from 24 games.
Hibs. 22 points dropped from 24 games.

So if the same ratio applies in the final 12 matches we will drop an average of 2 points every 2 games.

It's all about perspective

Good OP

Perspective is indeed whats needed.

The reaction on this thread from the more dramatic among us is helping absolutely no one. That Hibs.net for you though. The tendency to drift to the negative when things don't go exactly the way we want it is why I cba posting on this forum these days.

Hibs.net, ER......too many far too ready to savage the team when things go wrong. Drags us all down.

we are hibs
18-02-2017, 09:16 PM

8 draws in this rancid league might be acceptable to you but not me.

lethargic, uninterested and complacent far too many times this season.

Captain Trips
18-02-2017, 09:22 PM
I would say our strikers have missed too many chances tbh. I think apart from JC our other forwards have cost us points with chances missed.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 09:37 PM
I would say our strikers have missed too many chances tbh. I think apart from JC our other forwards have cost us points with chances missed.

:agree: For the last three seasons, unfortunately.

Liberal Hibby
18-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Nobody's pretending that this is a great team by any means but if and when we go up then the real work needs to begin and we need some real quality in the side, as what we have is no good enough to be any less than a yo yo team.

Yo yo team really? All the evidence is that this Hibs team is easily good enough to challenge in the top half of the SPL - just as the last two promoted teams have been. I think some people are underestimating the standard of the league we're in and in reality there is little difference between the Raiths, Falkirks, Hamiltons, Mortons, Killies and Motherwells. They all towns of similar sizes with similar supports and budgets. It really isn't until you get down to leagues 1 and 2 where the teams are pretty much all part time small town teams.

Hibs are easily good enough to compete in the SPL and no doubt will be even more competitive when we strengthen in the summer for our Europa League ties too.

Nicho87
18-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Both hibs and utd have 7 home games and 5 away games.
left. They start a 3 home game run on the trot next weekend with the last of the 3 being us on the friday tv game. Interesting month which Imo will give the title to hibs or make for a close run in. United are now reaching a stage where each game is a must win. Tricky one for them at home to morton on saturday. However if we win all our home games i cant see united matching us.

lucky
19-02-2017, 03:44 AM
We've lost or drawn over 40% of our games so far. I don't think we should accept that, especially as our home crowds are about three times those of our closest challengers. We should be more than 7 points ahead at this point, however you look at it. Goodness knows we've had enough opportunities to stretch our lead and regularly blown it against very ordinary teams.

So if only 8000 turned up would the results be acceptable? We are in a good position, it could be better but after next Saturday there's a very good chance we could be 10 clear. The reality is that teams are sitting in and causing us problems and watching us try to break them down is awful at times. This season is all about promotion, the two derbys have been a distraction but after Wednesday regardless of the result we can focus on the league

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-02-2017, 08:31 AM
A sense of perspective is required imo. How many times over the last 2 seasons prior to this would we have said "wish we were 7 points clear"? Also how many times was it said "aye we're playing great fitbaw but no winning.... I wish we could win ugly"?

And now that we're doing that it's not good enough? Everybody wants their team to be winning matches with 80% possession and 25 shots on target winning 4 or 5 nil. Unfortunately football seldom works like that.

Newcastle United, spent an absolute fortune but not romping their league. Man utd have spent an absolute fortune and drawn something like 8 games AT HOME, this season. Similar situation to ourselves where the team is adjusting to the new manager's ideas.

Sometimes as fans we think we're the only team dropping points and everyone else is going along perfect. Believe me that is not the case. We're in a great position to finally get out this league and if we win the replay on Wednesday we're in to the last 8 of the cup.

Although if we win on Wednesday, watch many fans claim we're invincible again. Too much analysis on a weekly basis nowadays. The big picture looks clear to me and objectives are being met

The Leith Dutch
20-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Unless I'm missing something I don't see the OP trying to justify anything about the Raith game or the performance.

They're just pointing out that the current league position is a good one and that barring a major reversal of form for either us or our nearest challengers (or more likely both) we're looking good for getting promoted.

I seriously doubt anyone is "happy" about the performance or the result yesterday.

madhatter
20-02-2017, 09:02 AM
A sense of perspective is required imo. How many times over the last 2 seasons prior to this would we have said "wish we were 7 points clear"? Also how many times was it said "aye we're playing great fitbaw but no winning.... I wish we could win ugly"?

And now that we're doing that it's not good enough? Everybody wants their team to be winning matches with 80% possession and 25 shots on target winning 4 or 5 nil. Unfortunately football seldom works like that.

Newcastle United, spent an absolute fortune but not romping their league. Man utd have spent an absolute fortune and drawn something like 8 games AT HOME, this season. Similar situation to ourselves where the team is adjusting to the new manager's ideas.

Sometimes as fans we think we're the only team dropping points and everyone else is going along perfect. Believe me that is not the case. We're in a great position to finally get out this league and if we win the replay on Wednesday we're in to the last 8 of the cup.

Although if we win on Wednesday, watch many fans claim we're invincible again. Too much analysis on a weekly basis nowadays. The big picture looks clear to me and objectives are being met

Objectives being met? That sounds like an excuse, sorry. Also comparing us to Man Utd and Newcastle doesn't work as they are in much harder leagues than us. We are all talking about being in the top six in the top league with virtually the same squad because we've had good results against all of them barring Celtic. Question is then if we aren't talking application and focus then why have these players failed to get promoted twice? Hearts and Rangers is the excuse but let's be honest it was against Dumbarton and all the ***** like that that has cost us year on year.

Lennon was 100% correct to question players professionalism, when we played Dundee United at ER I saw players virtually sprint for 60mins (discounting the half time break) and we won comfortably. Against Raith and Ayr in the last 2 games, our players look like they could have played another 90mins and that isn't because of their fitness levels that's because so few of them broke a sweat. Instead of coming out the blocks for 60 minutes they chose to sleepwalk and it took going a goal behind to wake them up. Was the exact same under Stubbs and so many managers before...frequently play well in big games especially at ER but "small" games we struggle to get going.

How about objectives being exceeded? How about not winning the title on the last day? How about giving club time to plan for next season? If we beat Hearts on Wednesday things don't suddenly become rosey for me - we'll probably lose at the weekend then in a so called "smaller" game.

Players need to have more internal motivators, more drive. Seem to only be able to push themselves when fans are pushing them forward. Great players don't need that as much...our players need to learn that.

The Leith Dutch
20-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Objectives being met? That sounds like an excuse, sorry. Also comparing us to Man Utd and Newcastle doesn't work as they are in much harder leagues than us. We are all talking about being in the top six in the top league with virtually the same squad because we've had good results against all of them barring Celtic. Question is then if we aren't talking application and focus then why have these players failed to get promoted twice? Hearts and Rangers is the excuse but let's be honest it was against Dumbarton and all the ***** like that that has cost us year on year.

Lennon was 100% correct to question players professionalism, when we played Dundee United at ER I saw players virtually sprint for 60mins (discounting the half time break) and we won comfortably. Against Raith and Ayr in the last 2 games, our players look like they could have played another 90mins and that isn't because of their fitness levels that's because so few of them broke a sweat. Instead of coming out the blocks for 60 minutes they chose to sleepwalk and it took going a goal behind to wake them up. Was the exact same under Stubbs and so many managers before...frequently play well in big games especially at ER but "small" games we struggle to get going.

How about objectives being exceeded? How about not winning the title on the last day? How about giving club time to plan for next season? If we beat Hearts on Wednesday things don't suddenly become rosey for me - we'll probably lose at the weekend then in a so called "smaller" game.

Players need to have more internal motivators, more drive. Seem to only be able to push themselves when fans are pushing them forward. Great players don't need that as much...our players need to learn that.

Bit in bold is the main thing for me.
I'm not overly concerned with the quality of the squad right now - the problem is that they're not playing every game with the appropriate attitude and urgency.

Captain Trips
20-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Last season from 24th of Feburary to 19th of March we lost 4 league matches in a row including a defeat at home to Morton and an away loss to Raith.

We have and always will put in several howlers during the season. Not happy when it happens but it will again.

20-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Last time we drew 2 league games on the bounce we won the next 4. If we do the same again (tough I concede looking at the fixtures) we'll have gone a long way to securing the League. Hopefully Lennon and the Squad are staying positive in their preparation and mind-set. Certainly more so than a lot of folk on here!

danhibees1875
20-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Last time we drew 2 league games on the bounce we won the next 4. If we do the same again (tough I concede looking at the fixtures) we'll have gone a long way to securing the League. Hopefully Lennon and the Squad are staying positive in their preparation and mind-set. Certainly more so than a lot of folk on here!

Next 5 games will have a massive bearing on this season. 5 wins would, of course, be incredible.

Fifehibby74
20-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Biggest factor is going to be the results in the games against the teams round about us. These are basically 6 pointers. United , Morton and Falkirk need to beat us - going to be massive games.