PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick of mediocrity under Lennon

Pages : [1] 2

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Another crap result. We're seeing too many performances that fall short of what is acceptable for this club. If he is indeed our highest paid manager that's scandalous, he's bang average at best.

Promotion or not, I'd be disappointed to see him as manager next season.

18-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Jesus

wearethehibs
18-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Ffs

Ozyhibby
18-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Our lack of goals should have been sorted by now. Poor business done in the last two windows.
Lose on Wednesday and the fans may turn against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
I don't know why I log on after matches sometimes.

Northernhibee
Jesus

Does he justify more money than Stubbs, Mowbray etc? Poor football, disappointing signings. We're lucky United are so poor.

Michael
18-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Top of the league, so I hope we keep this mediocre form up until the end of the season.

lucky
18-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Have a word, top of the league and cup replay against the yams still to come. NL is taking us up that's all that counts, we don't have divine right to win every game that we play. We've only lost 2 league games this season scoring 39 and conceding 13. So he is hardly doing a bad job.

Heisenberg
18-02-2017, 05:12 PM
I kind of agree. Delighted we are top but some of the results this season have been very poor. We've not beaten Raith Rovers once this season ffs! He's got to get us scoring more goals asap.

DaveF
18-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Don't think the OP is that bad to be honest.

The standard in this league is chronic and we are just a wee bit above that level.

bingo70
18-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Another crap result. We're seeing too many performances that fall short of what is acceptable for this club. If he is indeed our highest paid manager that's scandalous, he's bang average at best.

You'll get stick for this post but I see where you're coming from.

Games against the likes of Hearts Lennon is the man, he loves a fighting performance and scrappy games we win 1 nil are his bread and butter. His remit this season was to get us promoted and he's still well on course for that but I'm really struggling to take to this Hibs team.

Really need some creativity, I know he's tried to address that with Humphrey and Shinnie but it's just no happening.

I've felt since day one him coming here for a season and getting us promoted then moving on would suit all parties and i stand by that. Despite what he's said recently i still reckon he'll be away in the summer and If he does leave I'll be thankful for his efforts but certainly won't shed a tear.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Have a word, top of the league and cup replay against the yams still to come. NL is taking us up that's all that counts, we don't have divine right to win every game that we play. We've only lost 2 league games this season scoring 39 and conceding 13. So he is hardly doing a bad job.
Do you think that's down to NL? If we had Stubbs we'd still be well clear IMO but with better football and better signings.

IMO we've regressed and our position is down to United being very poor. God knows I've been called a happy clapper enough on here before, I just think that Lennon just doesn't justify his high wage.

hibs#1
18-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Does he justify more money than Stubbs, Mowbray etc? Poor football, disappointing signings. We're lucky United are so poor.

Who says he gets more money than stubbs or Mowbray?

QMU-1875
18-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Lennon has us 7 points clear. Performances are mediocre and I'm far from happy about it and feel we should be romping more games but just get us up please. Close this thread admins it does no one any good

murray26
18-02-2017, 05:19 PM
I think this season is all about just getting the job done.. wouldn't want to witness this brand of football for to long though..

FC Leige
Who says he gets more money than stubbs or Mowbray?If he is our highest paid manager there is a good chance he does

High-On-Hibs
We're on course for promotion. Until we're not on course for promotion, i'd hardly be starting threads like these. It's not about single games, it's about what we manage over the course of the entire season.

We were terrible today, but still snatched a point. If we can win our home games and snatch points away from home, then we're up.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 05:20 PM
He's earned the right to take us to the end of the season but after that? I truly think we can get better.

A Hi-Bee
Top of the league, so I hope we keep this mediocre form up until the end of the season.
:aok: the end will justify the means. Then we will have to invest in some quality players.

FC Leige
Today was always going to be hard. Yogi had them pumped up and i got the impression some of our team had their eye on wednesday

bingo70
18-02-2017, 05:22 PM
I think this season is all about just getting the job done.. wouldn't want to witness this brand of football for to long though..

Exactly where I'm at....

guthrie01
18-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Agree 100%

Lennon has made us worse not better this season.

Any manager could of gotten us promoted this season looking at the other dross in this league. We are in February and I'm still anxious whether we are going up or not

HibsNutter
18-02-2017, 05:24 PM
I'm delighted with Lennon. He has sussed out the way to win this league, which we will. It might not be easy on the eye football but it's getting the job done, hence why we are seven points clear. He will take us up and then we can try to implement a different style next season. There is no point trying to play perfect pretty football against a bunch of cloggers on a crap pitch and getting kicked off the park. We need to dig in at times which we are good at.

easty
18-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Do you think that's down to NL? If we had Stubbs we'd still be well clear IMO but with better football and better signingse.

The football looked better under Stubbs, but let's no pretend we weren't moaning like **** on here about *****y results like this when he was in charge.

I don't know if we'd be much further ahead under Stubbs.

Stubbs had 2 goes at getting us out this league and didn't even manage to get us to a play off final. Lennon will take us up first time. So, you can dress it up anyway you want, nae Rangers, nae Hearts, Dundee Utd are tatties, I don't really care, we're going up.

cleanyman
18-02-2017, 05:25 PM
The league is terrible quality and the fitba from Lennon has been woeful apart from one game.

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Agree 100%

Any manager could of gotten us promoted this season looking at the other dross in this league. We are in February and I'm still anxious whether we are going up or not

We would have got nothing out of todays game last season performing like that.

lucky
18-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Do you think that's down to NL? If we had Stubbs we'd still be well clear IMO but with better football and better signings.

IMO we've regressed and our position is down to United being very poor. God knows I've been called a happy clapper enough on here before, I just think that Lennon just doesn't justify his high wage.

Can't compare as Stubbs walked out on us and Lennon this season but Stubbs had two chances to get us up and failed but everyone will always claim Stubbs is better because of the glorious day in May 2016. You seem to be forgetting the poor results Stubbs got in the league, in fact many wanted him out. The reality Lennon is taking us back up.

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Agree 100%

Take it easy he is without any doubt in my humble opinion the right man at the right time in the right job, we will be promoted and at this stage that is all that matters.

Heisenberg
18-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Looks like Lennon isn't happy either...

"Neil Lennon just said on @BBCSportsound that Hibs were an absolute 'disgrace' today."

GlesgaeHibby
18-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Another point gained today to take us 7 clear of Utd, whilst Falkirk and Morton draw and Lennon is getting slated? This forum is bonkers some times. 3 would have been great, but another point will do as we march on towards winning the league

Sir David Gray
Perhaps a bit too critical given that we are 7 points clear but on current form, if we do get promoted, we'll have to improve massively next season or else we're going to be involved in a relegation battle. Our "goals for" stats this season are ridiculous.

Is It On....
He doesn't seem happy in his interview....absolutely raging!!!

MikeyS
18-02-2017, 05:30 PM

I agree that we've got lucky Utd are very poor but it's impossible to say the signings would've been better under Stubbs. We'd have played better football under him but let's not kid that he didn't have these kind of results too.

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2017, 05:31 PM
I'm delighted with Lennon. He has sussed out the way to win this league, which we will. It might not be easy on the eye football but it's getting the job done, hence why we are seven points clear. He will take us up and then we can try to implement a different style next season. There is no point trying to play perfect pretty football against a bunch of cloggers on a crap pitch and getting kicked off the park. We need to dig in at times which we are good at.
:aok: an we dont lose many goals, so the base is there to build on for next season.

houstonhibbee
18-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Agree 100%

were slowly getting towards the finish line. Ironically I think this team would get on better in the top league where we will have less possession. Tight at the back, difficult to beat but can be a threat on the counter

18-02-2017, 05:36 PM
I didn't realise Lennons wage was common knowledge.

Ozyhibby
18-02-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm glad Stubbs left as he never managed to get us scoring goals either but if Lennon can't fix the problem then his position will be questioned.
I know we are 7 points clear and I'm confident we are going up but it is also fair game to start looking at the overall picture and asking why our signings this year have been so poor and why we still can't score goals.

wookie70

He has sussed out how to win the league by winning less points per game than Stubbs did last year, not solving our goal scoring issues and playing eye bleeding hoofball. He has taken a team of passers who admittedly went sideways too much into a team of cloggers who hoof at every opportunity and make more runs getting behind the ball than in front. The reason we are top of the league is because the opposition are not as good as last year and have picked up less points. We are worse than we were last year and the trajectory appears to be going further than way.

We are top and odds on to go up. However, I suspect we may have the slippers on if Stubbs was still boss rather than the hob nailed boots we are wearing at present. Giving credit to Lennon, as if he is some kind of genius, is ridiculous when we are picking up less points than last season at this point. If he has some kind of voodoo that lets him determined results where we don't play then I wish he would use it to make us pass the ball to each other and score a few goals.

iwasthere1972
Fair do's. Not the result that we wanted but if we were told (obviously by a time traveller) that we would be seven points, call it eight with our superior goal difference) ahead of the second placed team we would have all been chuffed to bits. I daresay that some players may have had Wednesday's meeting with the Yams at the forefront of their minds which acted as a distraction today.

Top of the league and the Yams in a few days at the home of the Scottish Cup Holders. What more would you want. We've had far worse seasons.

Happy clapper.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Jim44

Absolutely. I think we'll crawl over the line eventually, but we will need major signings in the summer to stay in the Premiership.

dmc1875
18-02-2017, 05:39 PM
We are 7 points clear, and obviously in a much better position than last season. People have short memories honestly. Remember some of the results last season?! Getting beaten away at Raith, scrappy games and horrid performances against Livingston, Dumbarton, the embarrassing 3-0 defeat to Morton?

It wasn't "rosier" last season. This season is about getting the job done. The team Lennon put out today was good enough to win that match, but a draw isn't the end of the world it gives us another point.

Sometimes people need to get a grip and remember that the nice football that we played at times over the last two seasons league wise kept us in the championship. Nothing matters this year other than getting up.

McIntosh

Promotion or not, I'd be disappointed to see him as manager next season. are you for real?

Smartie
I wasn't there today but this is what I make of it.

We got a hard-earned point at a difficult away ground after being behind to extend our lead at the top of the league to 7 points with a superior goal difference to 2nd.

We were playing a team fired up by a new manager at a time when we might have one eye on a huge game on Wednesday.

By all accounts our manager is furious about our performance and so is obviously setting high standards.

I've seen some stuff I've not been happy with this season and plenty I have been happy with.

We're getting to an important stage of the season and results will be everything.

Let's keep the heid eh?

Ronniekirk

"Neil Lennon just said on @BBCSportsound that Hibs were an absolute 'disgrace' today."

Have no problem him saying that, Its what he is gping to do about it Has he run out of ideas to find a way to get us more creative Or has he resigned himself to feeling he has tried a lot of fringe players and he cant get them to perform
Graham got a full game and didnt score Keatings the same Leaving all the pressure on Cummings who thankfully is on a scoring run just now Please dont let that dry up
But we ate still top with bteathing space and we move on to the next game hoping something will change
Humphreys i thought was going to be the spark but so far he has proven to be a one game wonder
Whats happened to him
I

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 05:40 PM

Stubbs failed TWICE to get us promoted. Give yourself a shake.

HoboHarry
18-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Don't think the OP is that bad to be honest.

The standard in this league is chronic and we are just a wee bit above that level.

Why is it when I see you posting I know we didn't win? Funny thing that....

bingo70
18-02-2017, 05:42 PM

Got to admit I like hearing that from the manager now and again when it's blatantly obvious we've underperformed.

I felt Stubbs was far too soft in that regard and while I wouldn't want Lennon saying that every week i think it's good for all concerned if he is brutally honest now and again.

MikeyS
18-02-2017, 05:43 PM
were slowly getting towards the finish line. Ironically I think this team would get on better in the top league where we will have less possession. Tight at the back, difficult to beat but can be a threat on the counter

I think this is pretty accurate. This team and Stubbs team doesn't/didn't seem to have the intuition to break down teams happy to let us pass back and forth across their 18 yard box.

I think a lot of new midfielders and strikers will be needed when we go up.

Bartley will always shine in big matches but is wasted in games like today, Fyvie is neat & tidy but doesn't create much, I'm starting to think Keatings has found his level and will probably be at Utd or whoever comes down next year and Dylan is doing a great job at being the best player in the stands every week!

Northernhibee
Stubbs failed TWICE to get us promoted. Give yourself a shake.

Both times in more difficult leagues.

JackLadd
yeah, let's bring back Collins, Yogi, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher... :rolleyes: That wasn't mediocrity, it was sub mediocrity.

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 05:44 PM
He has sussed out how to win the league by winning less points per game than Stubbs did last year, not solving our goal scoring issues and playing eye bleeding hoofball. He has taken a team of passers who admittedly went sideways too much into a team of cloggers who hoof at every opportunity and make more runs getting behind the ball than in front. The reason we are top of the league is because the opposition are not as good as last year and have picked up less points. We are worse than we were last year and the trajectory appears to be going further than way.

We are top and odds on to go up. However, I suspect we may have the slippers on if Stubbs was still boss rather than the hob nailed boots we are wearing at present. Giving credit to Lennon, as if he is some kind of genius, is ridiculous when we are picking up less points than last season at this point. If he has some kind of voodoo that lets him determined results where we don't play then I wish he would use it to make us pass the ball to each other and score a few goals.

I get your point. But so what? The fact is, we are top of the league and on course for promotion. That's all that matters right now. It doesn't matter how we're doing it, as long as it happens.

Well Stubbs isn't still the boss, he left to pursue his career with some irrelevant outfit down south which all fell apart for him. So we just need to work with what we've got right now. Calling for the managers head at this stage of the season while we're at the top of the table is an instability we can really do without.

HFCdeb

We got a hard-earned point at a difficult away ground after being behind to extend our lead at the top of the league to 7 points with a superior goal difference to 2nd.

We were playing a team fired up by a new manager at a time when we might have one eye on a huge game on Wednesday.

By all accounts our manager is furious about our performance and so is obviously setting high standards.

I've seen some stuff I've not been happy with this season and plenty I have been happy with.

We're getting to an important stage of the season and results will be everything.

Let's keep the heid eh?

I was there. The first 60 minutes was an absolute disgrace, we only started playing in the last 30 minutes. Keatings was an empty jersey and if it'd been Shinnie putting in a performance like that people would have been foaming at the mouth with abuse. Lennon's interview perfectly summed it up - "immaturity".

Captain Trips
Our defence has been superb unfortunately our forwards have not been good enough and that is why we are not double pts clear.

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 05:45 PM

Nonsense. He failed twice in the play offs.

we are hibs
18-02-2017, 05:46 PM
If we we go up and play like this next season we will go straight back down.

shetlandhibee
18-02-2017, 05:48 PM
one point! if you were offered at the start of the season that hibs would be 7 points clear in the league with huge goal difference about to play hearts in the scottish cup replay at easter road!! in the middle of febuary........would you think so so? or would you think if only??? i know what my answer is!!:agree:

DaveF
Why is it when I see you posting I know we didn't win? Funny thing that....

Haha, bore off pal.

dmc1875

Again, one woeful performance and you state that? I'd bet if we go up, we won't play like that. We will also not be playing against teams who just sit in week in week out and the team we have have no problem raising their game against Prem teams.

Not to mention we will obviously strengthen in the summer. We will not be coming straight back down from that league.

CapitalGreen
18-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Stubbs last 2 results in Kirkcaldy
Raith 1-0 Hibs
Raith 2-1 Hibs

Let's forget this myth that we played free flowing football under Stubbs. We created little and scored much less than our rivals for the league.

dmc1875
18-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Raith 1-0 Hibs
Raith 2-1 Hibs

Let's forget this myth that we played free flowing football under Stubbs. We created little and scored much less than our rivals for the league.

This. Short, short memories.

HFCdeb
Raith 1-0 Hibs
Raith 2-1 Hibs

Exactly. We were mentally weak against these teams under Stubbs.

swordin3

I agree as long as we get out of this league I can put up with the odd away draw:aok:

easty
18-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Nope

MikeyS
18-02-2017, 05:53 PM

Both times it wasn't the performances against the more difficult teams that were our downfalls !

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Because our results against the "big teams" have been terrible right enough.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Let's keep the heid eh?

We're told every week we play away that we're at a difficult away ground. In this league, with the exception of Tannadice, Falkirk and Morton, none of the away grounds should be difficult.

I wasn't at the game today either but it didn't sound like Yogi had them particularly fired up - sounded like they were as poor as us. I may be wrong of course.

It should never be an excuse that any player had an eye on the Hearts game. Why should that make you play mediocre football?

Setting high standards is pointless unless you get players to actually perform to those standards, which we're not doing often enough.

Smartie
18-02-2017, 05:55 PM
I was there. The first 60 minutes was an absolute disgrace, we only started playing in the last 30 minutes. Keatings was an empty jersey and if it'd been Shinnie putting in a performance like that people would have been foaming at the mouth with abuse. Lennon's interview perfectly summed it up - "immaturity".

Interesting to hear.

I feel a bit for Lennon. So far he's got us on course to achieve our main objective but he hasn't really won over the fans yet.

Stubbs is immensely popular and a club legend but so far all Lennon has failed to do is to succeed where Stubbs ultimately failed - lack of punch in the final third and we're not scoring enough goals.

We needed another striker in January, no combination of who we currently have quite cuts it.

For me Holt is actually the first pick, closely followed by Cummings. I understand why Lennon might want to hold Holt back for Wednesday as he and Cummings are by far our strongest front pairing.

On paper the strikers we played today should have been enough but the chemistry between them just isn't there and I'm not surprised we struggled.

Our defensive unit is solid and we have some decent midfielders. If we could just get something to click in the final third then I think we could have a superb team on our hands.

I'm not sure exactly how we do it though.

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Interesting to hear.

I feel a bit for Lennon. So far he's got us on course to achieve our main objective but he hasn't really won over the fans yet.

Stubbs is immensely popular and a club legend but so far all Lennon has failed to do is to succeed where Stubbs ultimately failed - lack of punch in the final third and we're not scoring enough goals.

We needed another striker in January, no combination of who we currently have quite cuts it.

For me Holt is actually the first pick, closely followed by Cummings. I understand why Lennon might want to hold Holt back for Wednesday as he and Cummings are by far our strongest front pairing.

On paper the strikers we played today should have been enough but the chemistry between them just isn't there and I'm not surprised we struggled.

Our defensive unit is solid and we have some decent midfielders. If we could just get something to click in the final third then I think we could have a superb team on our hands.

We do it by getting K Commons in whatever way we can.

Thecat23
Last two seasons all I heard was it's about getting out this league and **** the pretty football! We are 7 clear and clear favs to go up, can we calm the **** down and let's just see this out.

Honestly we hate a right good moan!

cabbageandribs1875

he's now went up in my estimations

wookie70
18-02-2017, 05:59 PM
I get your point. But so what? The fact is, we are top of the league and on course for promotion. That's all that matters right now. It doesn't matter how we're doing it, as long as it happens.

Well Stubbs isn't still the boss, he left to pursue his career with some irrelevant outfit down south which all fell apart for him. So we just need to work with what we've got right now. Calling for the managers head at this stage of the season while we're at the top of the table is an instability we can really do without.

I'm not calling for Lennon's head, he has us top of the league so is doing his job. That doesn't mean he is beyond criticism though.

Some of the posts are way off claiming he is doing a wonderful job, he himself is saying we were a disgrace today and he has to shoulder some blame for that. Some are claiming we have worked out how to play in this league despite scoring less goals and picking up less points than Stubbs did up to this point last year. If The Rangers hadn't taken four off us at Christmas last year we would have had a similar defensive record under Stubbs too.

My worry is that at this point it all went tits up for Hibs and Stubbs last year, in the league at least. We picked up 1 point from 18. We may be top of the league but we are not playing well. I can't see us hitting such a poor vein of form as we did at this point last year but who knows.

Smartie
18-02-2017, 06:01 PM
We're told every week we play away that we're at a difficult away ground. In this league, with the exception of Tannadice, Falkirk and Morton, none of the away grounds should be difficult.

I wasn't at the game today either but it didn't sound like Yogi had them particularly fired up - sounded like they were as poor as us. I may be wrong of course.

It should never be an excuse that any player had an eye on the Hearts game. Why should that make you play mediocre football?

Setting high standards is pointless unless you get players to actually perform to those standards, which we're not doing often enough.

I think Holt is a first pick, so part of the "one eye on Wednesday" comment refers to Lennon and his team selection.

Rangers and Hearts dropped points as they skooshed the league, every top team does it.

As a rule I want to see us beat all teams home, the bottom half teams away and not lose away to top half teams - that should see us promoted.

I'm a lot more concerned about our dodgy home results than dropping points at Raith.

Smartie
18-02-2017, 06:02 PM

I think there's a lot in that.

That wee bit extra that wins tight games and joins up our midfield and attack.

A player that Lennon recognised we needed and brought in, to great effect.

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 06:02 PM

You mean the Hearts way? Paying wages we simply can't afford? Even if we don't require it to reach our main objective?

I'm not calling for Lennon's head, he has us top of the league so is doing his job. That doesn't mean he is beyond criticism though.

Some of the posts are way off claiming he is doing a wonderful job, he himself is saying we were a disgrace today and he has to shoulder some blame for that. Some are claiming we have worked out how to play in this league despite scoring less goals and picking up less points than Stubbs did up to this point last year. If The Rangers hadn't taken four off us at Christmas last year we would have had a similar defensive record under Stubbs too.

My worry is that at this point it all went tits up for Hibs and Stubbs last year, in the league at least. We picked up 1 point from 18. We may be top of the league but we are not playing well. I can't see us hitting such a poor vein of form as we did at this point last year but who knows.

Nobody is saying he is doing a "wonderful" job. But he is "doing his job" as you say and that is all we need from him right now.

Steve20
18-02-2017, 06:06 PM
That was brutal today. Absolutely awful. But at least it seems like Lennon realises this.

We won't win Wednesday. We simply don't create chances

northstandhibby
18-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Interesting to hear.

Good points here. The only one I would slightly disagree with is that Cummings is for me first pick simply because he scores goals, with Holt. But agree with your overall summary. Its great we're not leaking goals and are strong at the back and as you rightly say if we could have other players chipping in with goals here and there we'd be very good. Hopefully we'll click on Wednesday.

Heard Lenny on the tranny literally raging about it and I'm sure he let the players who didn't perform know too which shows he is feeling it just as much as the fans.

glory glory

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Both times it wasn't the performances against the more difficult teams that were our downfalls !

Stubbs was undone by his starting position in season one and overambition in season two. Season one he had to rebuild an entire team, season two he tried to compete on three fronts when we just didn't have the depth to do so.

Bristolhibby
18-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Not being dumd, but did we not just extend our lead at the top of the league?

J

Edit - also add in the Yogi bounce.

Panic not, Hibees!

B.H.F.C
18-02-2017, 06:17 PM
That was grim today but the players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

We've only lost two games. Can't see us losing many between now and the end of the season so there will be a big improvement on that front As Lennon said in his interview, we draw too many though.

Lennon' s biggest failing has been his signings imo. I still think some of the stick he gets is simply because he's Neil Lennon and people just don't like him. Nothing has really changed from last season for me. Different styles but we fail to score enough goals either way.

B.H.F.C
18-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Stubbs was undone by his starting position in season one and overambition in season two. Season one he had to rebuild an entire team, season two he tried to compete on three fronts when we just didn't have the depth to do so.

Stubbs is and always will be a legend.

But he finished third in the championship. If being top is mediocre then what the hell is third? Forget the excuses, finishing third in the second tier was unacceptable.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 06:20 PM
That was grim today but the players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

We've only lost two games. Can't see us losing many between now and the end of the season so there will be a big improvement on that front As Lennon said in his interview, we draw too many though.

Lennon' s biggest failing has been his signings imo. I still think some of the stick he gets is simply because he's Neil Lennon and people just don't like him. Nothing has really changed from last season for me. Different styles but we fail to score enough goals either way.

Don't get me wrong, I admire him and like him. By making public his battles with depression he helps to break the taboo over mental health and I genuinely do think that's admirable. I also don't want him sacked.

I just think our football isn't meeting expectations and would prefer someone else to take the seat next season.

Squealing pig
18-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Keep calm . Extra point gained . It's the big game on Wednesday

SanFranHibs
18-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Raith 1-0 Hibs
Raith 2-1 Hibs

:agree:

I will say I am somewhat disappointed that we are not playing better football. I honestly thought we would. However, for me it is just get out of this dreadful league. 2 seasons ago was unique. Hibs, The Rangers and Hearts in the lower division but last year was not much better standard than this year. Take Rangers out put DUFC in and not a lot of difference. Indeed it might be better than it looks. 7 points ahead and no The Rangers or Hearts to take points off the other teams.

I think that in the top division Stubbs would have produced better football. I believe Lennon will also. Hearts and Rangers have proven that, though they might not be playing great football, the more open games benefit them and they find themselves in the top 4/5 comfortably.

I was disappointed with the lack of signings in January but really, who was out there, in our price range and available that would have been an obvious benefit to the team? Do we want to adopt Hearts vacuum cleaner approach?

I just want Hibs out of this division. I am still confident Lennon will achieve this.

Who knows what would have happened if Stubbs had stayed. One thing he did prove is that he could not get us of this division. We might have been talking about the same options as we were the past 2 seasons....finishing second to play less games. We might be 12 points ahead at this point. And yes, we might be 7 points ahead as we are now.

Let's just get of this division and back to where we belong.

:flag::flag:

heretoday
18-02-2017, 06:22 PM
What a flipping cheek people have got complaining about Lennon.

Were seven point ahead for heavens sake.

easty
18-02-2017, 06:23 PM

Thats just excuses.

Hearts basically had a whole new team when Stubbs took over at Hibs, they went on and strolled the league.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Agree with this 110% thought both keatings and fyvie were an utter disgrace today...had that been shinnie the knives would have been out on here. Glad lennon has blasted them...it's thoroughly deserved

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

--------
18-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Not being dumd, but did we not just extend our lead at the top of the league?

J

Edit - also add in the Yogi bounce.

Panic not, Hibees!

No, we didn't. United got the draw with two injury-time goals.

My thought is that the players have it in their heads that promotion's more or less settled and they aren't giving anything like 100% for long periods of the "bread-and-butter" games like Ayr and Raith.

Maybe they need a jolly good fright to concentrate their minds? I hope they don't get one.

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Raith 1-0 Hibs
Raith 2-1 Hibs

Spot on mate not to mention 2 defeats at Dumbarton and Alloa under Stubbsy

Thecat23
18-02-2017, 06:29 PM
That was brutal today. Absolutely awful. But at least it seems like Lennon realises this.

Yaaaay your back, another negative post 👏🏼👏🏼

Didn't you predict a loss at Tynecastle as well??

SanFranHibs
18-02-2017, 06:31 PM
I know todays game is all about the league but now that it is over and we can't change the result, let's try and be positive....Lennon has lambasted the team and hopefully they will be angry and/or hurt and come Wednesday will be out to prove themselves.

:thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
18-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Our defence isn't mediocre. It has been excellent this season. The problem is lack of goals from midfield and whoever plays alongside Cummings. This has been an issue for parts of Stubbs' time as manager and all of Lennon's. The biggest criticism of Lennon is that he signed Holt and Graham and one is past it and the other not good enough. We will never know if that was due to financial constraints placed on him or whether he really thought these players would ensure promotion.

There is definitely more than a touch of the Bertie Auld's in the style of play though. What is really annoying is when Lennon gambled with the formation for the Utd game we dominated them. I really hope the decision, whoever made it, that the squad is good enough to take us up without adding Commons or a similar type to the squad pays off. Another season in Championship hell is unthinkable.

Johnny Clash
18-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I think we're fortunate to have Lennon as manager and have complete faith he'll steer us to win this league. He wanted to strengthen the squad in a January but for whatever reason that never happened. He can't be blamed for that assuming the resources weren't made available to him.

He's right to be frustrated tonight after another disappointing performance by the team.

Will be an entirely different gig on Wednesday night and despite today's disappointment we'll all be behind Neil Lennon and the team for the entire game!

GGTTH

mcfly
18-02-2017, 06:39 PM

Oh dear - it's all about winning at the moment and getting out this league.

Calm down son

erin go bragh
18-02-2017, 06:43 PM
7pts clear , with Jason scoring . Looking forward to a packed ER under the lights on Wednesday.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 06:45 PM

Calm down son
We didn't win. Neither did we in our last league game either :confused:

Weststandwanab

Blimey has the Sherry been opened early today ?

Lennon has us 7 points clear. Performances are mediocre and I'm far from happy about it and feel we should be romping more games but just get us up please. Close this thread admins it does no one any good

I agree close this nonsense.

Today was always going to be hard. Yogi had them pumped up and i got the impression some of our team had their eye on wednesday

Tricky to argue against that.

The league is terrible quality and the fitba from Lennon has been woeful apart from one game.

Which game was that out of interest ?

he's now went up in my estimations

Me 2

Saturday Boy

Calm down son
We didn't win. I suspect that's the reason for this thread

RedHibby
18-02-2017, 06:49 PM
As I have said previously I think we will win the league but what worries me more than our performances is when we go up will the team be strengthened enough to at least compete. Our board are not renowned for the quality of players they have brought to the club in recent times. I did not want Mr Lennon originally and I certainly don't have any confidence in him or his ability to change things when needed.

green day
18-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Our board are not renowned for the quality of players they have brought to the club in recent times.

That is utter pish

Pete
18-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Yaaaay your back, another negative post 👏🏼👏🏼

Didn't you predict a loss at Tynecastle as well??

To be fair he didn't say that we'd lose on Wednesday. :-D

Andy74
18-02-2017, 06:53 PM

We've been mediocre for some time. I think he has standards that are better than this and we should give him the time to make improvements for the longer term.

heretoday
18-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Raith is not an easy place to go. Get real guys.

We've got a tough one on Wednesday. Concentrate on that.

we are hibs
18-02-2017, 06:55 PM

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2017, 06:56 PM
As I have said previously I think we will win the league but what worries me more than our performances is when we go up will the team be strengthened enough to at least compete. Our board are not renowned for the quality of players they have brought to the club in recent times. I did not want Mr Lennon originally and I certainly don't have any confidence in him or his ability to change things when needed.

Stokes, Mcginn, Malonga, Marciano, Commons. List goes on. Unfair to say the board don't bring in quality

Pretty Boy
18-02-2017, 06:57 PM
OP is getting a hard time but I have sympathy with what he's saying.

The performances this season have for the most part been crap and I worry about us next season, I forsee a bottom 6 slog with crowds dwindling away again without some major upturns in performance.

Probably worth bearing in mind that the OP isn't one of the habitual moaners either, he's usually a pretty positve poster.

Thecat23
18-02-2017, 07:00 PM
To be fair he didn't say that we'd lose on Wednesday. :-D

😁

Ozyhibby
18-02-2017, 07:00 PM

The performances this season have for the most part been crap and I worry about us next season, I forsee a bottom 6 slog with crowds dwindling away again without some major upturns in performance.

Probably worth bearing in mind that the OP isn't one of the habitual moaners either, he's usually a pretty positve poster.

Im hopeful we will sign better quality next season. 15k crowds and the return of SPFL money should allow us to replace Holt, Shinnie etc with better players.

MikeyS
18-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Stokes, Mcginn, Malonga, Marciano, Commons. List goes on. Unfair to say the board don't bring in quality

:agree: Think Redhibby is at it with that statement.

you can add McGregor, Henderson, Fyvie, McGeough to that list too, all players that any teams above us bar Celtic would've been delightedly to sign. In fact Henderson is now proving his quality with Celtic.

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 07:01 PM

We're not in next season yet though. So lets just focus on getting up right now, regardless of how we go about it. We can worry about next season when it comes.

Thecat23
18-02-2017, 07:03 PM

Sorry PB have to disagree with all this. Last two seasons all I've heard was it's a results game and we must be top to go up. We are top, football has been fairly poor to watch but it's taken us top.

I can see a huge turn over in the summer including manager. Hibs will be top 5 as we play far better when teams press us as we find it a slog when teams sit in.

Bristolhibby
18-02-2017, 07:03 PM

Really?

Sioux
18-02-2017, 07:04 PM

How many times have we lost to the so called better teams in the last two and a half seasons?

Is It On....
18-02-2017, 07:05 PM

That's what I am a bit worried about tbh although I think (hope) we will be better against better trams (using the last 3 years as anecdotal evidence)

Pretty Boy
18-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Sorry PB have to disagree with all this. Last two seasons all I've heard was it's a results game and we must be top to go up. We are top, football has been fairly poor to watch but it's taken us top.

I can see a huge turn over in the summer including manager. Hibs will be top 5 as we play far better when teams press us as we find it a slog when teams sit in.

Ultimately it is a results game. I like Neil Lennon and I'm sure he'll take us up.

It would be good to go to a game and actually enjoy it once in a while though. With the exception of United at home, Morton at home and Hearts, Ayr and Falkirk away this season I can't think of many games that have got me desperate to get back to ER. For all the faults of Stubbs teams that was never an issue last year.

bigwheel
18-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Really?

If we played like today , we certainly would. Very poor. Most teams would have beaten us comfortably

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Delighted with Lennon as gaffer. 7 points clear at the top of the table. Please remind me the last time that happened? Particularly in the last 2 years where we allegedly played like Barcelona.

Come the end of may as long as it says that we're the champions of the Scottish Championship for the 2016/17 season I honestly couldn't give a flying one about the football we played.

We're defensively solid going into our first season back in the top flight. Teams will attack more and won't play 10 men behind the ball meaning the likes of Mcginn will have more space.

Imo we have an exceptionally talented side that's more suited to playing better teams. At this moment in time, our manager is doing his job and what he must do - has us top of the league and on course for promotion

Pretty Boy
18-02-2017, 07:10 PM
How many times have we lost to the so called better teams in the last two and a half seasons?

You can only draw so much from cup games in which there is generally an attempt by both teams to win the match.

Plenty Premiership teams, Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone etc will come to sit in and frustrate in the same way teams in this league do. The leagues our bread and butter and I don't think we're a top 6 ready team as of yet.

Sas_The_Hibby
Raith is not an easy place to go. Get real guys.

We've got a tough one on Wednesday. Concentrate on that.

Last four league games at Starks Park: Dunfermline won 2-0, Falkirk won 4-1, Dumbarton won 3-1 and Morton won 1-0. Oh and Raith haven't won at home since October.

Yes, it's clearly a really difficult place to go.

Is this real enough for you? :rolleyes:

JimBHibees

That is a crock for a start.

DaveF
It would be good to go to a game and actually enjoy it once in a while though.

I find that 6 pints before the game helps with this problem.

we are hibs
Again, one woeful performance and you state that? I'd bet if we go up, we won't play like that. We will also not be playing against teams who just sit in week in week out and the team we have have no problem raising their game against Prem teams.

Not to mention we will obviously strengthen in the summer. We will not be coming straight back down from that league.

More than one woeful performance. It's been happening all season. We've just been fortunate that the other sides in the league are honking. We are terrible. A shadow of the side this time last year

High-On-Hibs
18-02-2017, 07:11 PM
That's what I am a bit worried about tbh although I think (hope) we will be better against better trams (using the last 3 years as anecdotal evidence)

Will better trams help us to get to the games on time next season? :dunno:

:greengrin

Babyshamble
18-02-2017, 07:12 PM
🙄 bolt

Thecat23
Ultimately it is a results game. I like Neil Lennon and I'm sure he'll take us up.

It would be good to go to a game and actually enjoy it once in a while though. With the exception of United at home, Morton at home and Hearts, Ayr and Falkirk away this season I can't think of many games that have got me desperate to get back to ER. For all the faults of Stubbs teams that was never an issue last year.

I'd also love to go into games and sit back and enjoy it but I can count on one hand over 30 years that's happened watching Hibs 😁

You know my thoughts on Stubbs I think we'd be flying under him as well if I'm honest not having Huns or Hearts. Teams were better to watch imo under him but I got stick saying "it's about 3 points."

This Hibs team won't be the same one in the top flight next season PB you can your mortgage on it.

houstonhibbee
Any manager is going to be judged on results not performance

if results mean we get promoted then he will have been successful

how many times in the past have we wished away a reasonably successful manager only to become worse off

Be careful what you wish for

Maybe not pretty but the job is getting done for now

I would like to see what he can do in the premier league before throwing in the towel and wanting change

Patience..........and this from an Arien:wink:

Thecat23
I find that 6 pints before the game helps with this problem.

Just the six?

Andy74
More than one woeful performance. It's been happening all season. We've just been fortunate that the other sides in the league are honking. We are terrible. A shadow of the side this time last year

This time last year? The team that went 4 or 5 defeats in a row including losing 3 goals to Morton and Dumbarton?

RedHibby
18-02-2017, 07:13 PM

Stokes, Commons were on loan. McGinn we got him for a development fee. We are paying Premiership prices our crowds are well up on previous seasons yet we could not get Stokes back in until the end of the season. I want players to sign for us not loanees that go back to their respective teams.

GreenLake
18-02-2017, 07:16 PM
We played plenty of rotten games on the way to winning the Scottish Cup last season so maybe we are on for a back to back.

Smartie
18-02-2017, 07:19 PM

That wouldn't totally surprise me, but in all honesty it is still infinitely preferable to seeing the crowds dwindle away as we face a 4th year in the First Division whilst we cry out for a manager who will abandon pretty yet ineffective football in favour of a style that just gets us enough points to get out the bloody league in any way possible.

Scorrie
18-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Judging by Lennon's post match interview, he's getting fed up with mediocrity as well

Swedish hibee
18-02-2017, 07:23 PM
The football under lennon is truly awful.
I'm glad he's not happy as it would really worry me if he thought that kinda football was acceptable in 2017.

jgl07
18-02-2017, 07:23 PM
The **** about the Championship being rubbish and the Premiership being high quality is totally unfounded.

Take away Celtic and there is bugger-all to choose between the two divisions. Hearts went up and were quickly in the top three. Rangers did the same this season. Three of the four semi-finalist in the cup competitions last season were from the Championship.

Anyone who says that Kimarnock, Partick Thistle and Hamilton are significantly better than Dundee United and Falkirk is deluded.

mcfly
18-02-2017, 07:28 PM

Do you EVER post anything remotely that backs the team??

Don't go on wed we don't need or want your negativity.

Unbelievable what do u expect??

We are 7 points clear - have a great chance to get through into 1/4 final
and u still post rubbish

Watch time for heroes son and get your positivity back

Ryan69
18-02-2017, 07:29 PM
How you can be sick of a manager that has us clear of at the top of the league is deluded.

were a very hard too beat!

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 07:38 PM
How you can be sick of a manager that has us clear of at the top of the league is deluded.

were a very hard too beat!

I don't think it's delusional at all, compared to this time last season we're on less points having played a game more. We're top of the league because the big teams around us haven't picked up as many points as Rangers had done by the same point. It's tough to argue against the league being easier this year as well.

Thecat23
18-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Do you EVER post anything remotely that backs the team??

Don't go on wed we don't need or want your negativity.

Unbelievable what do u expect??

We are 7 points clear - have a great chance to get through into 1/4 final
and u still post rubbish

Watch time for heroes son and get your positivity back

Nope he doesn't, never hear him really after wins either.

HappyAsHellas
18-02-2017, 07:43 PM
I was listening to two Raith fans when walking back to the car and they couldn't believe the difference Yogi had made to their team, saying it was their best performance for months. Obviously this makes little difference to what was a disappointing result as we had a team out there today who could and should have won. The first hour was dire and we ended up doing it the hard way once again. Say what you like about Lennon, he will change things round and use the full squad as he sees fit - something Stubbs failed to do repeatedly. It didn't work today and I think Lennon is finding out that several of our players wont be here in the summer, and he wont be afraid to wield the axe when the time comes. The league is everyone's top priority and we did extend our lead, albeit only by one point. I honestly believe that when we get promoted there will be a lot of changes to come as we strengthen for next season. I also believe we will be challenging for the top 3 positions as both the yams and a depressingly bad huns team are right up there. Anyone thinking even this squad would struggle can never have watched the premier league games or highlights on TV as apart from the smellies most teams are bang average at best.

emerald green
18-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Last two seasons all I heard was it's about getting out this league and **** the pretty football! We are 7 clear and clear favs to go up, can we calm the **** down and let's just see this out.

Honestly we hate a right good moan!

It's not a case of moaning though. It's simply stating facts.

If you want to call it "moaning" have a listen to what our own manager thought of a truly diabolical performance today. Yet again, Hibs dropped the ball and left the teams chasing us with the hope that they might yet still catch us.

Hibs might not "see this out" if they keep chucking points away in the manner they did today. That's what some posters, and Neil Lennon, are "moaning" about.

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Delighted with Lennon as gaffer. 7 points clear at the top of the table. Please remind me the last time that happened? Particularly in the last 2 years where we allegedly played like Barcelona.

Come the end of may as long as it says that we're the champions of the Scottish Championship for the 2016/17 season I honestly couldn't give a flying one about the football we played.

We're defensively solid going into our first season back in the top flight. Teams will attack more and won't play 10 men behind the ball meaning the likes of Mcginn will have more space.

Imo we have an exceptionally talented side that's more suited to playing better teams. At this moment in time, our manager is doing his job and what he must do - has us top of the league and on course for promotion

This. There's a disturbing amount of people on here who give the impression that the opposition, their players and tactics are irrelevant and we should be winning with flair no matter what they do to prevent us doing just that. I don't understand where that mindset comes from and why, after three years in this hellhole of a league, they have so little respect for the opposition teams in this league. They come, they park the bus, they stifle our creative players at any cost (which usually includes kicking them off the park).
We've lost twice in the league this season. Today's performance was woeful but we came away with a point, nonetheless.
I watched us crumble time and time again under Stubbs and it rightly earned us the label of being bottlers. That won't happen under Lennon. He'll get us promoted and he's already instilled a "don't know when you're beat" mentality that will take us into the new season.

Rougier45
18-02-2017, 07:49 PM

You don't have a clue pal

matty_f
18-02-2017, 07:51 PM
I think we need to keep in mind that there is always another team that influences how we play. Today, by all accounts, we were our own undoing, but teams set out specifically to stop us playing, break up the play, and pack their defence.

Not necessarily today, but when assessing our style you should consider that it's not as simple as the players not showing flair etc, there are 11 men out there trying to stop them doing it.

I want it off this league asap. I think Lennon will get us out, that'll do for me just now then we can see how we look next season.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 07:52 PM
You don't have a clue pal
:rolleyes:Another good point well made.

We've scored less points compared to last season having played more games. This is in an easier league that doesn't contain Rangers like last season. The football is less attractive and our signings have been quite frankly average.

I've said that he deserves to the end of the season to get us up but I don't think he's the man to take us forward, and I've backed that up with the key statistic above.

What's your problem with that, pal?

Andy74
18-02-2017, 07:56 PM
I don't think it's delusional at all, compared to this time last season we're on less points having played a game more. We're top of the league because the big teams around us haven't picked up as many points as Rangers had done by the same point. It's tough to argue against the league being easier this year as well.

Cool. Maybe we'll stay ahead of Falkirk this year.

Hiber-nation
18-02-2017, 08:05 PM
I think we need to keep in mind that there is always another team that influences how we play. Today, by all accounts, we were our own undoing, but teams set out specifically to stop us playing, break up the play, and pack their defence.

Not necessarily today, but when assessing our style you should consider that it's not as simple as the players not showing flair etc, there are 11 men out there trying to stop them doing it.

I want it off this league asap. I think Lennon will get us out, that'll do for me just now then we can see how we look next season.

That wasn't the case today. While Raith were happy with the draw in the end, they came out and had a go. They must have had more shots than us, that's for sure.

Thecat23
18-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Stubbs would have us top just like Lennon has. Piss poor league piss poor teams if truth be told. Even wee Pat would have us top in this league.

pontius pilate
18-02-2017, 08:12 PM
I might be in the minority but I feel the players really need to have a long hard look at themselves most were there for that glorious day in May and think they can coast it as they are heroes legends with no yams or sevco in this league they have seriously got complacent thinking they can just turn up.
Lennon stated in his interview that this is a passing team yet he has still to see it whose fault is that?. He brought in players in his budget as set by the board and ifor one don't think he was backed sufficiently in the last window it could be that the board are saving it for promotion. Who knows. We will go up and I reckon we will see wholsale changes next season.

Bristolhibby
18-02-2017, 08:15 PM

My thought is that the players have it in their heads that promotion's more or less settled and they aren't giving anything like 100% for long periods of the "bread-and-butter" games like Ayr and Raith.

Maybe they need a jolly good fright to concentrate their minds? I hope they don't get one.

That was in the challenge Cup, so we have extended our league lead at a difficult away ground. (Positives, no more away trips to Kirkcaldy).

J

Is It On....
18-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Will better trams help us to get to the games on time next season? :dunno:

:greengrin

I know, bl##dy predictive text 🙄

Bristolhibby
18-02-2017, 08:18 PM
The **** about the Championship being rubbish and the Premiership being high quality is totally unfounded.

Take away Celtic and there is bugger-all to choose between the two divisions. Hearts went up and were quickly in the top three. Rangers did the same this season. Three of the four semi-finalist in the cup competitions last season were from the Championship.

Anyone who says that Kimarnock, Partick Thistle and Hamilton are significantly better than Dundee United and Falkirk is deluded.

This. If ever there was an argument for bigger leagues it's this.

From second in the Premiership to 6th in the Championship, there is bigger all difference.

J

Saturday Boy
18-02-2017, 08:20 PM
I know, bl##dy predictive text 🙄

Don't feel bad. It was one of the few sensible posts on the thread

HappyAsHellas
18-02-2017, 08:22 PM
:rolleyes:Another good point well made.

We've scored less points compared to last season having played more games. This is in an easier league that doesn't contain Rangers like last season. The football is less attractive and our signings have been quite frankly average.

I've said that he deserves to the end of the season to get us up but I don't think he's the man to take us forward, and I've backed that up with the key statistic above.

What's your problem with that, pal?

The key problem is that Stubbs never had us top, and could only watch from a distance as der hun imploded at the end of the season with no hope of catching them. If memory serves we were looking at this happen over Falkirk's shoulders as they finished above us. We finished beneath Falkirk - if Lennon achieves that same distinction then I'll join in berating him. Till then, I'll stick with him.

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Maybe we'll get more points than the total that saw us third last year. Because we haven't so far.

Andy74
18-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Maybe we'll get more points than the total that saw us third last year. Because we haven't so far.

That's irrelevant really though isn't it?

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 08:32 PM
That's irrelevant really though isn't it?

Not really. It's an easier league this season without Rangers like we've faced in the past; I'd be expecting us to be well ahead of last year. As it is, we've regressed and demonstrably so.

You could argue we're top of the league because Dundee United have been even worse than us.

FWIW, I'm not "berating" Lennon like someone has said, it was Lennon who was "berating" on the radio. I'm of the viewpoint that our football has been unattractive and the statistics just don't make for good reading other than the very important one that we're top of the league. He's lucky that Dundee United haven't done a Hearts/Sevco. We give him to the end of the season as I think he'll do enough to get us up but I don't think I'd have faith in him in the top league with us.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Hibs are not a great side these days, in fact it's been a very long time since we were.

Stubbs couldnt get us up after two efforts, and couldn't even finish above Falkirk FFS.

Lennon has us on target, yes the football is poor to watch bar the odd decent game, but while we are all saying its not good enough, at least he is too.

I have no doubts now he will win us this league, but his signings don't inspire me, and i do worry what he will bring in next season?

This league is very poor, and even this Hibs side which i believe is not as good a side as last season, should be too good for the rest.

I cant make my mind up what kind of manager he'd be in the top league? :confused:

HFCdeb
18-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Truth be told, until we won that cup in May, I was ready to wash my hands of Hibs altogether. I was sick and tired of repeating the same old tale time and time again "we play great football/they hacked us off the park/the ref's a cheat/blah blah blah" and watching time and time again as the team folded in important games.
Stubbs failed to get us promoted as either champions or via the play offs and I was ready to walk away because the mentality at Hibs did not match my expectations. We were weak. There's a reason "Hibsed it" became a thing and Stubbs has to take part of the blame for that. I think it's fairly safe to assume that if we hadn't won the cup on the 21st of May, we'd be seeing very poor crowds and the team wouldn't be getting such an easy ride from the fans as they are just now when they're putting in sub-par performances like today's.
Lennon has done what Stubbs never did and has us picking up points where we were previously coming away with nothing.
There's nothing mediocre about being top of a league we've failed to get out of for three bloody years!

HappyAsHellas
18-02-2017, 08:40 PM
How many piss poor games did we witness under Stubbs? Lennon isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think he will make wholesale changes in the summer and have us challenging at the top of the premier (2nd or 3rd). Yeah we played some lovely, entertaining sideways football under Stubbs which was more pleasing on the eye, yet in the end, utterly futile.

jgl07
18-02-2017, 08:43 PM
The key problem is that Stubbs never had us top, and could only watch from a distance as der hun imploded at the end of the season with no hope of catching them. If memory serves we were looking at this happen over Falkirk's shoulders as they finished above us. We finished beneath Falkirk - if Lennon achieves that same distinction then I'll join in berating him. Till then, I'll stick with him.
It doesn't really matter as Stubbs jumped ship for an near impossible task at Rotherham and paid the price.

There is far more steel about the team under Lennon than there ever was under Stubbs.

Get promotion this season and Hibs will be battling for a top-five place in the Premiership next season maybe top-three.

Since90+2
18-02-2017, 08:47 PM
It doesn't really matter as Stubbs jumped ship for an near impossible task at Rotherham and paid the price.

There is far more steel about the team under Lennon than there ever was under Stubbs.

Get promotion this season and Hibs will be battling for a top-five place in the Premiership next season maybe top-three.

I don't get this we have more steel under Lennon than Stubbs. How is that the case? We have less points than this time last year and we made the league cup final last year and this year we were knocked out early on.

If it's because we now have Holt or Graham upfront and tend to boot it back to front in a more physical manner then I woudnt exactly say that's a good thing.

HappyAsHellas
18-02-2017, 08:49 PM
I think it's because of our defensive record

BSEJVT
18-02-2017, 08:51 PM

Whilst I will readily concede the better football argument I would have to disagree with the better signings.

I don't think the board have backed him nearly well enough this season or half as well as they backed Stubbs.

I think he has played the hand he was dealt, we could argue whether he has played it well or badly.

Personally too many of the signings have been ineffectual but being forced to shop in the bargain basement isn't easy.

IMO we bet the ranch on promotion last season and only the cup win stopped Armageddon

If I am wrong I can't think for the life iff me why we have so few signings and of such poor quality

Andy74
18-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Not really. It's an easier league this season without Rangers like we've faced in the past; I'd be expecting us to be well ahead of last year. As it is, we've regressed and demonstrably so.

You could argue we're top of the league because Dundee United have been even worse than us.

FWIW, I'm not "berating" Lennon like someone has said, it was Lennon who was "berating" on the radio. I'm of the viewpoint that our football has been unattractive and the statistics just don't make for good reading other than the very important one that we're top of the league. He's lucky that Dundee United haven't done a Hearts/Sevco. We give him to the end of the season as I think he'll do enough to get us up but I don't think I'd have faith in him in the top league with us.

Dundee Utd were a top league team last year. We've done better than they have and that's all there is to it.

It's a bit daft to say we are lucky in comparison to Dundee Utd. We've only lost 2 games. We are forcing them to step up and they aren't. We also have them a doing a few weeks ago. Were we just lucky they allowed us to?

It's a little odd with his record to think he would struggle in the league above.

Andy74
18-02-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't get this we have more steel under Lennon than Stubbs. How is that the case? We have less points than this time last year and we made the league cup final last year and this year we were knocked out early on.

If it's because we now have Holt or Graham upfront and tend to boot it back to front in a more physical manner then I woudnt exactly say that's a good thing.

Possibly because we aren't losing as many games but we are drawing too many too.

wookie70
18-02-2017, 08:57 PM
I think it's because of our defensive record I think we have conceded 4 less league goals than this time last year. Take awat the 4-2 loss to The Rangers and our defensive record is pretty similar. No teams in the league with The Rangers resources this time round and Lennon has clearly set up tighter to little or no effect

hibbysam
18-02-2017, 09:31 PM

So you would rather see us have 80 points and not be promoted than 60 and be promoted? I base our success on position at the end of the season, not how many points we gained. Was Lennon's remit to get us promoted? Or was it to get some super duper points tally while playing like Barcelona? **** me.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 09:40 PM
That was in the challenge Cup, so we have extended our league lead at a difficult away ground. (Positives, no more away trips to Kirkcaldy).

J

Sorry to repeat what I said in an earlier post but where does this "difficult away ground" stuff come from? : Last four league games at Starks Park: Dunfermline won 2-0, Falkirk won 4-1, Dumbarton won 3-1 and Morton won 1-0. Raith haven't won at home since October

jdships
18-02-2017, 09:44 PM
]Hibs are not a great side these days, in fact it's been a very long time since we were.

Stubbs couldnt get us up after two efforts, and couldn't even finish above Falkirk FFS.

Lennon has us on target, [/U]yes the football is poor to watch bar the odd decent game, but while we are all saying its not good enough, at least he is too.

I have no doubts now he will win us this league, but his signings don't inspire me, and i do worry what he will bring in next season?

This league is very poor, and even this Hibs side which i believe is not as good a side as last season, should be too good for the rest.

I cant make my mind up what kind of manager he'd be in the top league? :confused:

Good objective post among a load of " knee jerk" offerings
Todays game could be classed as a " one off" . I know a couple of the " backroom staff at Starks Park and they told me on Thursday " Yogi" had them " absolutely wound up for this one !! "
:flag:

Lago
18-02-2017, 09:44 PM

Pretty sure he is sick of it too.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Good objective post among a load of " knee jerk" offerings
Todays game could be classed as a " one off" . I know a couple of the " backroom staff at Starks Park and they told me on Thursday " Yogi" had them " absolutely wound up for this one !! "
:flag:

Yes, because we haven't previously drawn any games that we should have won this season....... :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
18-02-2017, 09:54 PM
So you would rather see us have 80 points and not be promoted than 60 and be promoted? I base our success on position at the end of the season, not how many points we gained. Was Lennon's remit to get us promoted? Or was it to get some super duper points tally while playing like Barcelona? **** me.

I'd rather we had 80 points and got promoted. 'Good enough' never is.

mutley
18-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Only 7 ahead of Dundee Utd and 9 above Falkirk and Morton, Id hope to be a bit more ahead by this stage. OK we have a cup replay again the Yams (and I ALWAYS want to beat them) but we need to be making more progress in the league. At the moment we are top BUT still a long way to go.

18-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Only 7 ahead of Dundee Utd and 9 above Falkirk and Morton, Id hope to be a bit more ahead by this stage. OK we have a cup replay again the Yams (and I ALWAYS want to beat them) but we need to be making more progress in the league. At the moment we are top BUT still a long way to go.

I find your random capitalisation extremely persuasive, I must admit.

we are hibs
18-02-2017, 10:14 PM
This time last year? The team that went 4 or 5 defeats in a row including losing 3 goals to Morton and Dumbarton?

No the team that had just out hearts out the cup, was in the league cup final and was unbeaten for about 3 months.

ancient hibee
18-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Hibs are not a great side these days, in fact it's been a very long time since we were.

Lennon has us on target, yes the football is poor to watch bar the odd decent game, but while we are all saying its not good enough, at least he is too.

He'll have a different team in the top league.I can't be bothered looking back but I'm pretty sure that the Hearts team that started after being promoted was considerably changed from the team that got them there.They jettisoned their top scorer right away for example.

J-C
18-02-2017, 10:31 PM
I think it's now plain to see that a good few players are just not good enough, our defence is fairly solid, midfield decent but lacks pace and guile and Cummings is the only striker worth his salt. There's a reason Keatings, Boyle and Graham play most of their football at this level.

Captain Trips
18-02-2017, 10:32 PM
I am though glad we are debating how many points ahead we should be this season thats for sure insread of why are we 2nd or 3rd.

hibbysam
18-02-2017, 10:51 PM
No the team that had just out hearts out the cup, was in the league cup final and was unbeaten for about 3 months.

When we beat hearts we had only been unbeaten in about 6 weeks, never 3 months. At that point we capitulated and lost 4 on the spin and none in 6 games. Give me 7 points clear playing ***** any day of the week.

Spike Mandela
18-02-2017, 10:58 PM
We had poor results last year and poor this year as well but what we are lacking this year is the player that can do something a we bit different, a wee bit unexpected. Nobody like Stokes , Henderson, Commons and indeed we rarely have blooming McGeouch as well.

Take Jason out the team and an on form McGinn just leaves a solid bunch of pros but lacking in imagination and inspiration.

bigwheel
18-02-2017, 11:01 PM
We had poor results last year and poor this year as well but what we are lacking this year is the player that can do something a we bit different, a wee bit unexpected. Nobody like Stokes , Henderson, Commons and indeed we rarely have blooming McGeouch as well.

Take Jason out the team and an on form McGinn just leaves a solid bunch of pros but lacking in imagination and inspiration.

This is as good and clear a summary of this season that I've read ...exactly why we won't stroll to the title - and why we don't want to end up in a race for first place..we don't have that little bit of magic that won us the cup last year ....

CapitalGreen
18-02-2017, 11:13 PM

Wrong, we were unbeaten for 7 weeks. 5 wins and 3 draws.

We then went on to win only 8 games in our remaining 22 in all competitions, including defeats to Dumbarton, Alloa and Morton.

mutley
18-02-2017, 11:36 PM
I find your random capitalisation extremely persuasive, I must admit.

Random? I thought it was quite apt!

Liberal Hibby
18-02-2017, 11:58 PM

Quite.

pacoluna
19-02-2017, 01:13 AM
The football looked better under Stubbs, but let's no pretend we weren't moaning like **** on here about *****y results like this when he was in charge.

I don't know if we'd be much further ahead under Stubbs.

Stubbs had 2 goes at getting us out this league and didn't even manage to get us to a play off final. Lennon will take us up first time. So, you can dress it up anyway you want, nae Rangers, nae Hearts, Dundee Utd are tatties, I don't really care, we're going up.
Exactly!

My_Wife_Camille
19-02-2017, 01:53 AM

United were 3-0 up at half time and we're playing in the Irn Bru Cup so yes, we extended the lead from 6 to 7 points

jgl07
19-02-2017, 02:32 AM
The comparison with points gained last season and the season before do not take account that Hibs are clearly the team to beat in the Championship this season. Consequently all teams tend to raise their game when playing Hibs. This was not the case in the previous seasons as Rangers and Hearts were around.

Mantis Toboggan
19-02-2017, 02:32 AM
Quite.

Could not agree more. This league is not as bad as is being made out.
The football was also plodding last year. We also had our lowest end league position in a long time (13th in the overall pyramid)
If Lennon gets us up he has done his job and fully deserves to lead us into next season. And I think he will.

Forza Fred
19-02-2017, 02:50 AM
Absolutely. I think we'll crawl over the line eventually, but we will need major signings in the summer to stay in the Premiership.

I agree.

Many WANT to believe that because SPL teams are better than the ones we currently duel with, that somehow we will perform better against them.

Heard the arguments, but it does seem like Yam logic to me.

We may be able to do a Lincoln City now and again, but logic would suggest that the higher the standard the more we will struggle...or would Barcelona have trouble in the Scottish Championship I wonder.

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2017, 02:57 AM
Truth be told, until we won that cup in May, I was ready to wash my hands of Hibs altogether. I was sick and tired of repeating the same old tale time and time again "we play great football/they hacked us off the park/the ref's a cheat/blah blah blah" and watching time and time again as the team folded in important games.
Stubbs failed to get us promoted as either champions or via the play offs and I was ready to walk away because the mentality at Hibs did not match my expectations. We were weak. There's a reason "Hibsed it" became a thing and Stubbs has to take part of the blame for that. I think it's fairly safe to assume that if we hadn't won the cup on the 21st of May, we'd be seeing very poor crowds and the team wouldn't be getting such an easy ride from the fans as they are just now when they're putting in sub-par performances like today's.
Lennon has done what Stubbs never did and has us picking up points where we were previously coming away with nothing.
There's nothing mediocre about being top of a league we've failed to get out of for three bloody years!This is a dreadful post tbh. You imply the club were weak but you were thinking of walking away from a Scottish cup winning Hibs side. Stubbs had nothing to do with "hibsed it", him and his players worked their ***** off every week to get rid of that nonsense tag. You basically say you are only a Hibby because we won a trophy...embarrassing.

JackLadd
19-02-2017, 03:11 AM
This isn't such an easy league, the teams are well organised and can go 90 minutes without flagging. It's the same in England, look at non league Lincoln beating EPL side Burnley. The good thing is Lennon is not accepting the performance and is demanding much more from his players.

Mantis Toboggan
19-02-2017, 03:11 AM
I agree.

Many WANT to believe that because SPL teams are better than the ones we currently duel with, that somehow we will perform better against them.

We may be able to do a Lincoln City now and again, but logic would suggest that the higher the standard the more we will struggle...or would Barcelona have trouble in the Scottish Championship I wonder.

Comparing hibs to lincoln...well they both play in green sometimes I suppose

cabbageandribs1875
19-02-2017, 03:53 AM
Could not agree more. This league is not as bad as is being made out.
The football was also plodding last year. We also had our lowest end league position in a long time (13th in the overall pyramid)
If Lennon gets us up he has done his job and fully deserves to lead us into next season. And I think he will.

we wish :( although we did manage to beat 13th in the SC final :)

Liberal Hibby
19-02-2017, 03:55 AM
Comparing hibs to lincoln...well they both play in green sometimes I suppose

I have to say their strips were quite fetching the imps that they were.

Mantis Toboggan
19-02-2017, 06:21 AM
we wish :( although we did manage to beat 13th in the SC final :)

Apologies, I meant 15th of course.
Which according to wiki was our lowest position since 1963.

GreenLake
19-02-2017, 06:44 AM
This is not Lennon. We have a team of players that require maximum focus to control the ball or pass it accurately. Anything less is disastrous. Elite players can trap a random ball on a field of stones dead at their feet. Our guys need an extra second or two to get it under control after it bounces off their shins. I don't think you can train that skill into athletes but rather they have it to begin with and you get them fitness.

If someone were to measure the average distance the first touch travels you could probably plot that against player salaries and see an inversely proportional relationship.

green day
19-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Wrong, we were unbeaten for 7 weeks. 5 wins and 3 draws.

We then went on to win only 8 games in our remaining 22 in all competitions, including defeats to Dumbarton, Alloa and Morton.

Exactly - it was a dire run and we seemed to turn into a "cup only" team for a month or two. Crap results in the league then decent win in cups.
It was wired.

HFCdeb
19-02-2017, 09:10 AM
This is a dreadful post tbh. You imply the club were weak but you were thinking of walking away from a Scottish cup winning Hibs side. Stubbs had nothing to do with "hibsed it", him and his players worked their ***** off every week to get rid of that nonsense tag. You basically say you are only a Hibby because we won a trophy...embarrassing.

I expected a response like that and I'm just being honest about how I was feeling at 10pm on 13th May 2016 after watching Hibs fail yet again to win a vital game. I felt like all the effort and emotion, not to mention time and money, I put in through the Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher eras wasn't appreciated by our club. I was sick of hearing our fans excuse it all away by blaming refs or other team's tactics or any other part of what is just standard in football.
"Hibsed it" was a horrible thing to hear and read and whether you agree or not, that was penned partly as a result of us failing to win the league cup and failing in the playoffs (twice) under Stubbs.
Hibs WERE weak and it was only after they failed yet again to do the key task of getting promoted and had the "Hibsed it" term penned that they actually wised up and put in a performance worthy of winning something - the Scottish Cup final. When we won that, I (and many others) saw that there is ambition and desire within the club and team and decided that they probably deserve yet more backing for a third year in this league.
I'm sorry that you find fans who have put time, money, emotion and effort into supporting our club for 20 odd years and seeing us lift just a league cup in that time being sick of watching perennial failure "embarrassing" but you're kidding yourself if you think that we'd be enjoying crowds half as big as we are now if we hadn't won the Scottish Cup. I remember the rage and heart ache last season before the 21st of May and I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't have been alone in considering if Hibs deserved my continued money, support and time.
I paid to sit through 4-0, 5-1, 3-0, the relegation play offs, the promotion play offs and countless other humiliations and let me tell you something, THAT was mediocrity and not something I was willing to put up with any longer.

cmcd
19-02-2017, 09:18 AM
He's earned the right to take us to the end of the season but after that? I truly think we can get better.

Please tell me where???

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2017, 11:07 AM
He'll have a different team in the top league.I can't be bothered looking back but I'm pretty sure that the Hearts team that started after being promoted was considerably changed from the team that got them there.They jettisoned their top scorer right away for example.

Yes i'd agree we will have a new look side next season (when :pray:) we win this league, but where i am pretty sure Stubbs would have made the team better in the top division with his signings, i'm a little unsure if Lennon will?

And this is from someone who wanted Lennon and thought Stubbs should not be given any longer.

Lennon im sure will get us up now, i couldn't have said the same about Stubbs. Hopefully when this happens, Lennon starts to bring in better players than i think he's brought this season.

Speedway
19-02-2017, 03:57 PM
The old Hibs conundrum:

Since the money isn't there to sign a team of exciting, consistent winners...

Would we rather be exciting losers or boring winners?

The latter everytime for me.

The fact that we're top by a margin, have lost 2 in 24 and have one of the best defensive records in Europe and it spawns a thread called 'sick of the mediocrity' sums up the Psychology of a Hibbie better than I ever could.

Borderhibbie76
19-02-2017, 04:02 PM
We can easily beat last year's points total...as this time last year we hit free fall losing what was it 4 in a row and 5 out of 6 in the league??

Mibbes Aye
19-02-2017, 04:02 PM
The old Hibs conundrum:

Since the money isn't there to sign a team of exciting, consistent winners...

Would we rather be exciting losers or boring winners?

The latter everytime for me.

The fact that we're top by a margin, have lost 2 in 24 and have one of the best defensive records in Europe and it spawns a thread called 'sick of the mediocrity' sums up the Psychology of a Hibbie better than I ever could.

Good post :agree:

Also, social media, in its unhealthier forms, encourages a degree of navel-gazing that doesn't help.

Martin Dundas
19-02-2017, 04:22 PM
I expected a response like that and I'm just being honest about how I was feeling at 10pm on 13th May 2016 after watching Hibs fail yet again to win a vital game. I felt like all the effort and emotion, not to mention time and money, I put in through the Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher eras wasn't appreciated by our club. I was sick of hearing our fans excuse it all away by blaming refs or other team's tactics or any other part of what is just standard in football.
"Hibsed it" was a horrible thing to hear and read and whether you agree or not, that was penned partly as a result of us failing to win the league cup and failing in the playoffs (twice) under Stubbs.
Hibs WERE weak and it was only after they failed yet again to do the key task of getting promoted and had the "Hibsed it" term penned that they actually wised up and put in a performance worthy of winning something - the Scottish Cup final. When we won that, I (and many others) saw that there is ambition and desire within the club and team and decided that they probably deserve yet more backing for a third year in this league.
I'm sorry that you find fans who have put time, money, emotion and effort into supporting our club for 20 odd years and seeing us lift just a league cup in that time being sick of watching perennial failure "embarrassing" but you're kidding yourself if you think that we'd be enjoying crowds half as big as we are now if we hadn't won the Scottish Cup. I remember the rage and heart ache last season before the 21st of May and I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't have been alone in considering if Hibs deserved my continued money, support and time.
I paid to sit through 4-0, 5-1, 3-0, the relegation play offs, the promotion play offs and countless other humiliations and let me tell you something, THAT was mediocrity and not something I was willing to put up with any longer.

Bang on. You're not alone. Everyone has a tipping point. And winning the cup stemmed the tide of decline. I am sure that the club - and the Finance Director in particular - know it!

broondog
19-02-2017, 04:33 PM

Think this is a little kneejerk tbh and wouldn't say I want him out yet. But I agree with the fact what is happening this season is unacceptable however I wouldn't blame Lennon entirely. We all know he is an average manager who hasn't achieved too much in his career but he is more than capable of winning the title convincingly this season in what is an awful league in terms of quality.

At the moment we are nowhere near where we should be. We should have run away with the title by now and although I blame Lennon a little, the players haven't been delivering the performances. Our squad is by far the best in the league, but the performances have been totally spineless and we are turning up assuming the game is won and not playing. We need to empty a lot of the squad assuming we go up as most of the guys haven't got the fight if you ask me.

houstonhibbee
19-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Think this is a little kneejerk tbh and wouldn't say I want him out yet. But I agree with the fact what is happening this season is unacceptable however I wouldn't blame Lennon entirely. We all know he is an average manager who hasn't achieved too much in his career but he is more than capable of winning the title convincingly this season in what is an awful league in terms of quality.

At the moment we are nowhere near where we should be. We should have run away with the title by now and although I blame Lennon a little, the players haven't been delivering the performances. Our squad is by far the best in the league, but the performances have been totally spineless and we are turning up assuming the game is won and not playing. We need to empty a lot of the squad assuming we go up as most of the guys haven't got the fight if you ask me.

Couldn't agree less about replacing most of the squad. A week ago everyone was going on about how strong a bench we have. We do need to make a few more additions to strengthen, but we are not far away from a good squad. We are strong in goalkeeping and defense. Where we need a lot of improvement is in what we do with possession when we have it with everyone knowing what is expected of them. Our weaknesses seem to be lack of tactics, lack of training - throw ins, running into space, getting on the end of crosses etc. Also we seem to have no problem getting up for big games but lack desire in the less glamorous games.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2017, 05:40 PM
With all this lot out of contract there will be changes in the summer no matter what.

Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

After the business done in the last two windows I hope there is an investigation going on at East mains into how our recruitment can improve in the summer, hopefully for the premiership.

houstonhibbee
19-02-2017, 05:43 PM
With all this lot out of contract there will be changes in the summer no matter what.

Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

After the business done in the last two windows I hope there is an investigation going on at East mains into how our recruitment can improve in the summer, hopefully for the premiership.

would keep all but three in the squad. Hopefully we are doing something to extend the ones we intend to keep

Jim44
19-02-2017, 05:46 PM

Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

....... add Cummings and McGinn, who may very well move on, and we're going to have an interesting squad next season.

houstonhibbee
19-02-2017, 05:49 PM
....... add Cummings and McGinn, who may very well move on, and we're going to have an interesting squad next season.
why would they move on when they're still under contract? Presumably good management would mean we wouldn't let players go that we want to keep and are under contract?

Albanian Hibs
19-02-2017, 05:49 PM

Oh well that's that then. Better sell my ticket now 🙄

What a total attention seeking post.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Getting sick of Lennon blaming everyone else for bad results and his detachment from any accountability. He is a dud - his signings have been garbage, his tactics and ability to work with the players at his disposal are shocking and his eye-bleeding football is simply dire. Yesterday was the latest in a long line of crap performances this year - I hope we get up, but I equally hope this imposter is out of the club by June.

Northernhibee
19-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Having calmed down after yesterday I'd love to say that I feel differently but I don't. Keep him to the end of the season but after his uncontrolled outburst I don't think he's the man past this season unless something dramatic happens to change my mind.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Getting sick of Lennon blaming everyone else for bad results and his detachment from any accountability. He is a dud - his signings have been garbage, his tactics and ability to work with the players at his disposal are shocking and his eye-bleeding football is simply dire. Yesterday was the latest in a long line of crap performances this year - I hope we get up, but I equally hope this imposter is out of the club by June.

Imposter? Hahaha ok then.....:rolleyes:

California-Hibs
19-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Absolutely clueless post.

JimBHibees
19-02-2017, 05:57 PM

And yet 7 points clear at the top of the league and a huge cup game on Wednesday to get into the quarter final. Yam trolls obviously worried about the cup game.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Imposter? Hahaha ok then.....:rolleyes:

Well he's certainly impersonated a football manager since he arrived - if you like what you are watching since he arrived then great , I'm certainly not happy watching hoofball and tactical ineptitude week after week. All about opinions.

green day
19-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Oh well that's that then. Better sell my ticket now 🙄

What a total attention seeking post.

Attention seeking posts currently outnumbering skooshers 10-1 on this thread.

Lots of people just need to chill out, we only need one point, in Terry I trust.

Aw no, it's 2013 all over again 😂😂😂

Greenwich_Hibby
And yet 7 points clear at the top of the league and a huge cup game on Wednesday to get into the quarter final. Yam trolls obviously worried about the cup game.

Nope - a Hibs supporter who attended his first match in 1967....but then again I can't have an opinion if I'm not a 'happy clapper'?

Baldy Foghorn
Well he's certainly impersonated a football manager since he arrived - if you like what you are watching since he arrived then great , I'm certainly not happy watching hoofball and tactical ineptitude week after week. All about opinions.

Your opinion which you are entitled to, but don't be surprised to be questioned, when calling our Manager an imposter

Ozyhibby
would keep all but three in the squad. Hopefully we are doing something to extend the ones we intend to keep

Only Fyvie, McGregor, Stevenson, Gray and Marciano for me. None of the rest have been able to hold down a place in the team.

RoxburghHibs
19-02-2017, 06:02 PM

He took a share of the blame in the post match interview so that's not true.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Absolutely clueless post.

So our football has been great this year and our manager is a tactical genius who has signed quality players? What part is clueless?

hibbysam
19-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Only Fyvie, McGregor, Stevenson, Gray and Marciano for me. None of the rest have been able to hold down a place in the team.

We can only play eleven players each week, they're not all going to play every week, you need a squad not just a starting eleven.

green day
19-02-2017, 06:05 PM
So our football has been great this year and our manager is a tactical genius who has signed quality players? What part is clueless?

Our goal difference and our defence are both better than under Stubbs. We are less gung ho, but you surely have to give him credit where it's due?

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:06 PM
He took a share of the blame in the post match interview so that's not true.

Yes but he also knew how the media would report this - 'Lennon lambasts disgraceful Hibs' etc - immediately detaches him. That said, it's my opinion.

hibbysam
19-02-2017, 06:06 PM

What job was he brought in to do?? If it was to play amazing football and finish 3rd then no he's not your man, if he was brought in to get promotion at all costs then I'm struggling to see how he is failing.

SanFranHibs
19-02-2017, 06:07 PM
I agree.

How have we fared against the top division since we dropped down? Rather well and not just in one or two games.

Maybe Hearts just have more bottle than us as a club because they certainly are not worried about relegation this year. Not even bottom six.

The SPL is garbage which is why Hearts and Rangers both sit comfortably in the top 6, Rangers sitting 3rd and we have seen how bad they have been recently.

I don't think many are claiming the SPL overall is much better, rather they play more open football. It certainly seems to have suited us the past couple of years in the cup.

Also, I think we would all expect better signings, or at least hope for better signings.

I am still confident we will get up, stay up and with several astute signings be up there with Hearts, Rangers, St Johnstone.

Without being arrogant, especially given the position we find ourselves in, but if we are not aiming to be above the St Johnstone's and Particks of this world then lets just wind the club up and stop wasting everyones time and money.

:flag::flag:

JimBHibees
19-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Nope - a Hibs supporter who attended his first match in 1967....but then again I can't have an opinion if I'm not a 'happy clapper'?

So you say.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Our goal difference and our defence are both better than under Stubbs. We are less gung ho, but you surely have to give him credit where it's due?

We are where we are because the competition is significantly weaker - he has improved us defensively but we are scraping by in a p*ss poor league, with a poor goals for stat. We are 7 points clear with 12 games to go but our form is not good.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2017, 06:12 PM
We can only play eleven players each week, they're not all going to play every week, you need a squad not just a starting eleven.

Some of those players are on wages that we can't afford on squad players. When you get a chance to replace a players in the squad who is not playing with one you think will then you should take it.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:12 PM
So you say.

So I'm a Hearts man if I express an opinion different from the majority on here? Crap logic bud. Born in Balfour Street and still in Leith.

Winston Ingram
19-02-2017, 06:14 PM

FFS. Did you not watch any of our league performances under Stubbs?

hibbysam
19-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Some of those players are on wages that we can't afford on squad players. When you get a chance to replace a players in the squad who is not playing with one you think will then you should take it.

Glad you know how much a wage each of our players receive. The fact you'd get rid of Marvin Bartley after his performances in our big games over the last 18 months is telling. Also a very competent centre half in Fontaine. Would love to see who would be brought in on less money with better attributes.

Jim44
19-02-2017, 06:19 PM
I don't think Lennon has a monopoly on mediocrity - how about Calderwood, Fenton, Butcher and Stubbs.

green day
19-02-2017, 06:25 PM
We are 7 points clear with 12 games to go but our form is not good.

Last loss was v Dundee Utd 12 games ago. Think we have won 6, drawn 6 in all completions.

Is that good or bad form?

Lago
19-02-2017, 06:31 PM
You know what I am sick of, self serving, look at me negative posts, which serve no purpose at all.

JimBHibees
19-02-2017, 06:33 PM
So I'm a Hearts man if I express an opinion different from the majority on here? Crap logic bud. Born in Balfour Street and still in Leith.

Of course not however the imposter has us clear at the top of the league and we have a decent chance of a semi final.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Last loss was v Dundee Utd 12 games ago. Think we have won 6, drawn 6 in all completions.

Is that good or bad form?

All relative - we are in a p*ss poor league. If he was as good as folk think, he should be doing what his successor at Celtic is doing. Sorry, he's a mediocre manager at best. He's in a long line of mediocrity in recent years I'm afraid - I actually think we got Stubbs too early - I think he would do a great job in the SPL (as he proved last year in his results against top teams) - we should perhaps have gone for a manager with a track record when first going down....

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 06:38 PM
FFS. Did you not watch any of our league performances under Stubbs?

Our home form under Stubbsy was exceptional.

Lago
19-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Well if your first game was 1967 & mine was 1971 one thing is a fact you, like me, will have seen some really really dire football played at ER, in front of poor crowds, under much worst managers than Lennon.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:40 PM
You know what I am sick of, self serving, look at me negative posts, which serve no purpose at all.

Fair point but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I think folks on here are too complacent that we are 7 points ahead......still 12 games to go....

Greenwich_Hibby
19-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Well if your first game was 1967 & mine was 1971 one thing is a fact you, like me, will have seen some really really dire football played at ER, in front of poor crowds, under much worst managers than Lennon.

On that I will agree!:greengrin Don't even mention Bertie Fn Auld....oops just did....

Lago
19-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Fair point but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I think folks on here are too complacent that we are 7 points ahead......still 12 games to go....
Dont believe anyone on here is complacent, dont think NL is complacent, dont think the players are complacent, but I do think they are letting their focus on job they are paid to do drift & thats unacceptable.

Winston Ingram
19-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Our home form under Stubbsy was exceptional.

You really need to evaluate your understanding of the word exceptional. Out of 36 home games in the Scottish championship, he failed to win 13 of them.

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 07:18 PM
You really need to evaluate your understanding of the word exceptional. Out of 36 home games in the Scottish championship, he failed to win 13 of them.

I didn't count our first season under him as we had a bare bones squad, but what about our 2nd season ? And do you think Lennon's record of 6 out of 11 is better or acceptable even ?

Smartie
19-02-2017, 07:19 PM

It was pretty ropey in his first season but it was very good indeed last season.

Especially when you take into consideration games against Premier League teams in the cups.

Our away form in the second half of last season was brutal. I still can't quite work out why.

Winston Ingram
19-02-2017, 07:25 PM
I didn't count our first season under him as we had a bare bones squad, but what about our 2nd season ? And do you think Lennon's record of 6 out of 11 is better or acceptable even ?

I don't, but the OP was saying he was sick of mediocrity after an away result. We won 7 out of 20 league and playoff games away from home last year. That's not mediocre, that's *****.

Super_JMcGinn
19-02-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't, but the OP was saying he was sick of mediocrity after an away result. We won 7 out of 20 league and playoff games away from home last year. That's not mediocre, that's *****.

You could say there were mitigating circumstances for some of that though given we got to 2 cup finals.
We were papped out in the early rounds this year and have had no call offs for Internationals.
But you carry on thinking it was because of an away result that the op is sick of mediocrity, we both know that's bs.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Glad you know how much a wage each of our players receive. The fact you'd get rid of Marvin Bartley after his performances in our big games over the last 18 months is telling. Also a very competent centre half in Fontaine. Would love to see who would be brought in on less money with better attributes.

I don't think either player will be here next season. I think they have both done a great job but I don't think they will be here next season.

J-C
19-02-2017, 07:46 PM
I don't think either player will be here next season. I think they have both done a great job but I don't think they will be here next season.

I agree, we have a good few out of contract in the summer, if we want to progress we need to get better in, I'd add Keatings, Boyle and McGeouch(due to his injury proneness).