PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Lowery

ozwoody
17-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Just been reading about this brave kid , 5 year old with terminal cancer but battling away.
huge Sunderland fan who led team out prior to Christmas v Chelsea and had song sung to him in 5th minute by both sets of fans.
newcastle donated shirt to him and has had songs sung in 5 th minute over the world.I will be in contact with Sydney FC to see if they will do it here.Everton donated £200,000 to his treatment.
it would be great if Hibs fans could sing or applaud him too.
We think our lives are ****, but compared to this little battler and his family , I think we have it good.
I have a little girl and honestly wouldn't know what I would be like if we ever got that diagnosis.
This boys story would bring a tear to a glass eye.

SRHibs
17-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am completely sympathetic to this little boy and his plight, and would be more than happy to donate. I just feel like we should generally stick to 'Hibs-related tragedies'(what a horrible phrase) when it comes to honouring and paying our respects to people.

Similar stories are no doubt happening with fans of our own club, and it would be a lot more meaningful (for them and us) for us to support them.

ozwoody
17-02-2017, 04:05 PM
It isn't a plea for donations , sorry if I gave that impression.
i just think if a kid can unite a Chelsea or Sunderland, and get supporters in Brazil and Mexico amongst other places , singing for him and keeping his spirits up, I don't think it's a huge imposition for any supporter , of any club in the world to reach out and show support