PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Celtic Scottish youth cup

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 01:35 PM
1-0 Celtic after 34'mins

KWJ
17-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Anywhere other than Twitter that this can be followed?

Don't have access at work.

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Anywhere other than Twitter that this can be followed?

Don't have access at work.

Normally people do it on here.

I don't have much battery to post at the match

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Half time

Josh Kerr scores the only goal of the first 45, in a half of few clearcut chances

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Half time.

Not much to write about. We haven't had many chances

AlbertK86
17-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Hibs started stronger but Celtic came right back into it and the goal was coming.

Very tight game so far

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:05 PM
I would say Celtic have been pretty dominant without creating much. We've really struggled to keep the ball and are resorting to hopeful long balls. Porteous has been a stand out for me along with Waugh. The strikers haven't stood a chance. Interesting as well the size difference between their team and ours and I think that has played a big part. Celtic's new signing (the African lad) is playing and is strolling it.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 02:08 PM
For those at the game, what happened? was it just a booking or goal scoring opportunity

10 I Shaw taken out by goalkeeper, Conor Hazard, who is last man. Referee shows a yellow card and a free-kick to Hibs

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:14 PM
For those at the game, what happened? was it just a booking or goal scoring opportunity

Our striker was trying to round the goalie who was still on his feet. The goalie ushered him slightly wide and tripped in the process. The defender wasn't far away so possibly could have got back but it wasn't a clear yes or no for the red.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Our striker was trying to round the goalie who was still on his feet. The goalie ushered him slightly wide and tripped in the process. The defender wasn't far away so possibly could have got back but it wasn't a clear yes or no for the red.

Thanks.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Substitution

58 I Quiet start to the second half. Hibernian make the first change: Jack Breen is replaced by Adam Watson

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Celtic also make a substitution: Regan Hendry replaces Eboue Kouassi

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Good to see a few Hibs players here today to support. Cummings, Keatings and Graham are in the stands and Holt is coaching. Lennon is watching also. Cathro was in the canteen at half time having his lunch with Austin McPhee.

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:29 PM
The game is much more open now. We've been much better so far second half.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 02:36 PM
from twitter

72 I Strong period of pressure for the home side. Scott Martin tries his luck from distance, but his effort clears the crossbar

KWJ
17-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the updates all.

GGTTH

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2017, 02:37 PM
73 I Celtic sub: Theodore Archibold off, Michael Johnstone on

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:40 PM
The ref's been quite lenient I think. Donaldson and Porteous have both got away with very tasty tackles!

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Adam Smith has looked really good since coming on. He's been giving their left back a tough time.

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Chance for Fraser Murray but well saved.

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Full time 1-0

Frogga
17-02-2017, 02:57 PM
Ft 1-0 Celtic. Shaw had our first big chance in the last minute but the keeper made a good save. Probably a fair result in the end but we were good second half.

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Hibs should have scored in the final 10 mins, totally dominated the end of the match. Shaw forced keeper in to a good save.

Celtic player clearly had lost touch of ball and hibs have had a corner but the useless lino on the near side said goal kick!!!

loveofthegame
17-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Pretty poor game to watch, with very few chances for either team. Very little between the sides but Hibs just weren't able to create enough. Definitely matched Celtic for large parts of the game and were the better side last 30 minutes.

Best chance came when Shaw rounded the keeper pretty early on just outside the box. He was going wide but it would have been a great chance if he hadn't been emptied. Because of the way he was running and the fact that there was a couple of defenders alongside him, a booking was probably just about the right call. A shame as another foot and he was inside the box.

Other than that it was a particularly tough day for Shaw and Gullan up top, most of the supply came in the way of punts up the park which the much bigger/stronger Celtic defenders could clean up. Both worked really hard but had next to no opportunities with the ball at their feet. Very frustrating game for them both I'd imagine.

Adam Watson came on at right mid with 30 mins to go and was definitely a bright spark, helped swing the game in Hibs favour last 30. Ryan Porteous was again very solid at the back too (hates a lunging tackle...wouldn't fancy a 50/50 with him..).

The lad Eboue who cost Celtic £2.8m was playing….He isn't a big lad at all and while he was very neat and tidy, if you didn't know who he was I don't think you'd have a had a clue there was a player on the pitch that cost nearly £3m!

Tough one to take but big positive is that there was so little between the sides.

KingFranck
17-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Adam Smith has looked really good since coming on. He's been giving their left back a tough time.

Agree Adam Watson looked very good when he game on.

KingFranck
17-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Hibs passing let them down to be honest. Celtic played at a very high tempo and pressed every ball.
Supply to the strikers wasn't good but thought our defence looked good.

In the stands also were the following

John Collins, Gareth Evans and Fraser Fyvie (he's been at the last couple of matches at the Oriam)

I think Tommy McIntyre (penalty scorer in Skol Cup Final for us) is the Celtic youth coach can anyone confirm?

Bishop Hibee
17-02-2017, 05:00 PM
My eldest boy is mates with Adam Watson's brother. Good to hear he played well when he came on.

bigwheel
17-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Hibs passing let them down to be honest. Celtic played at a very high tempo and pressed every ball.

John Collins, Gareth Evans and Fraser Fyvie (he's been at the last couple of matches at the Oriam)

I think Tommy McIntyre (penalty scorer in Skol Cup Final for us) is the Celtic youth coach can anyone confirm?

yes...

Andy74
17-02-2017, 05:08 PM

Craig Levein, Jon Daly, John McGlynn....

The thing that strikes me still watching the development team is we seem to produce a long line of very similar players, smallish, slightly built, neat players but probably not going to make it. Don't see much in the current team yet to stop that trend.

Porteous has a chance but needs to toughen up a bit.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Craig Levein, Jon Daly, John McGlynn....

The thing that strikes me still watching the development team is we seem to produce a long line of very similar players, smallish, slightly built, neat players but probably not going to make it. Don't see much in the current team yet to stop that trend.

Porteous has a chance but needs to toughen up a bit.

Were you at the game Andy? Celtic definitely looked stronger physically than Hibs, however most of our team are around 17/18, not sure of the average of the Celtic boys though

ancient hibee
17-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Porteous seems to be doing well at Edinburgh City.Their goals against record is good so would think he can look after himself.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Porteous seems to be doing well at Edinburgh City.Their goals against record is good so would think he can look after himself.

Calum Donaldson coming on a ton as well. What great energy he has

Andy74
17-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Were you at the game Andy? Celtic definitely looked stronger physically than Hibs, however most of our team are around 17/18, not sure of the average of the Celtic boys though

Yes and they did but was more a general observation from a few games. Even from the younger boys would be good to see some different types come through now and again!

To me you could take just about every player and put them in a different position with the same result, no obvious big dominant centre halfs, physical strikers or tricky wingers - they all play pretty much the same way.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Yes and they did but was more a general observation from a few games. Even from the younger boys would be good to see some different types come through now and again!

To me you could take just about every player and put them in a different position with the same result, no obvious big dominant centre halfs, physical strikers or tricky wingers - they all play pretty much the same way.

I can see where you are coming from, but we had 2 players in our squad, both centre backs that every team in Scotland wanted. Would love to see a fast tricky winger as well, must be one out there somewhere.
Celtic get the cream of Scottish talent, think 2/3 in the team today have played in the 1st team, but I didn't think they were miles ahead of us

AlbertK86
17-02-2017, 06:22 PM
I can see where you are coming from, but we had 2 players in our squad, both centre backs that every team in Scotland wanted. Would love to see a fast tricky winger as well, must be one out there somewhere. Celtic get the cream of Scottish talent, think 2/3 in the team today have played in the 1st team, but I didn't think they were miles ahead of us

Agree the 2 CHs were very good.

Porteoua especially in 2nd half and also thought Scott Martin looked strong physically.

Agree Celtic were really strong physically compared to Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

bob12345
18-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Agree Porteous was a standout. I questioned the releasing of Jordan McGregorin the summer, but now see why.

Here are some photos I took - http://www.yfsphotos.co.uk/p119146385

StevieCowan
18-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Agree Porteous was a standout. I questioned the releasing of Jordan McGregorin the summer, but now see why.

Here are some photos I took - http://www.yfsphotos.co.uk/p119146385

As did many who said that he'd be a SPFL player with Hamilton, recently sent on loan to airdrie.