PDA

View Full Version : Could have won the cup but he f****d it up..

HibsNutter
17-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this song should have been reserved for Scotty Allan, the man who tried his best to derail our season last year and then missed out on legendary status?

HibeeMackenzie
17-02-2017, 11:34 AM
The man is irrelevant again. Hibs saved his football career and he decided to ruin it for himself a second time

G B Young
17-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this song should have been reserved for Scotty Allan, the man who tried his best to derail our season last year and then missed out on legendary status?

I doubt derailing our season had any bearing on Allan's thinking. Why would it? He'd enjoyed a great season with us and may well have enjoyed another if he hadn't instantly had his head turned by the prospect of a move to The Rangers or Celtic. Typical blinkered attitude shared by many footballers when it comes to the Glasgow clubs.

And who's to say we'd have won the cup if he'd stayed? We probably ended up with a stronger unit and guys like McGinn and Henderson ensured we quickly forgot about him.

KWJ
17-02-2017, 11:36 AM
I don't think we'd have won the cup had we kept Scott Allan.

Don't hold much against him and his move but I think he's done well out of it financially as have we while improving as a team.

I think back to that Falkirk semi final the year before when everything HAD to go through him, we were far too reliant on one man as good as he was.

WeeRussell
17-02-2017, 12:34 PM
I don't think we'd have won the cup had we kept Scott Allan.

Don't hold much against him and his move but I think he's done well out of it financially as have we while improving as a team.

I think back to that Falkirk semi final the year before when everything HAD to go through him, we were far too reliant on one man as good as he was.

Everything went through him as he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to prevent the eventual upset. Maybe if that shot that pinged off the bar had went underneath it after his brilliant run it would have been different.

As for the song. No - it is perfect as it is.

danhibees1875
17-02-2017, 12:39 PM
We got Henderson and Dylan for him and the cash to get McGinn - Allan won us the cup. :greengrin

It was annoying that Allan wanted away, sure - particularly to our rivals. But he is a Rangers fan isn't he? If I had an incredible season at Falkirk/Raith/A team I had no particular allegiance to and the chance came up to move to Hibs for more money, I'd be pretty keen too!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Scott Allan - Yesterdays man.

Deansy
17-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Scott Allan - the only Hun in recent times actually capable of hurting Celtic ............ by taking money from them whilst doing nothing !

Frazerbob
17-02-2017, 12:50 PM
What an odd thread.

keep the faith
17-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Pointless thread. SA thing has been done do death and thinking of replacing a roaster like halliday with a player who was absolutely brilliant for us in a song is petty IMO.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-02-2017, 12:54 PM
The guy was a rangers fan and wanted to play for the team he supported all his life..yet in the 4-0 game he pretty much destroyed rangers and gave his all for hibs........i think sometimes we all get too wrapped up in things

Vini1875
17-02-2017, 12:58 PM
I hate that song anyway whoever it's sung about.

keep the faith
17-02-2017, 01:14 PM
The guy was a rangers fan and wanted to play for the team he supported all his life..yet in the 4-0 game he pretty much destroyed rangers and gave his all for hibs........i think sometimes we all get too wrapped up in things

Really well said.

Craig_HFC
17-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Who?

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 01:21 PM
I had forgotten Scott Allan even existed. Hibs plucked him from obscurity and very quickly put him back there again

CapitalGreen
17-02-2017, 01:23 PM

Stop behaving like a spurned lover and get over it.

Waxy
17-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Lots if players left us not long before we won the cup.It was fate.

17-02-2017, 02:05 PM
I doubt the scottish cup win would have happened had we held onto Allan. Out of the Allan deal we got McGeough and Henderson, two key players in our scottish cup win.

If Allan had stayed, the whole series of events between the summer and May 21st would have been different. At the time, Allan leaving us looked like a huge blow, he was a very good player for us but in actual fact it was just part of a string of events that led to us winning the cup. Fate.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2017, 07:08 PM
His name does not fit in the song, what a stupid post.

JimBHibees
17-02-2017, 07:26 PM
What an odd thread.

Absolutely.

GreenLake
17-02-2017, 09:12 PM
The man is irrelevant again. Hibs saved his football career and he decided to ruin it for himself a second time

He has a predisposition to sit on various forms of secondary xylem.

shetlandhibee
17-02-2017, 09:28 PM
:top marks:rolleyes:
What an odd thread.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2017, 09:40 PM

He was arguably the catalyst through his actions.

broondog
17-02-2017, 10:14 PM
who?

kaimendhibs
17-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Scott who?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2017, 11:40 PM

Yes you are the only one. Crap OP in my opinion.

Moody Blues
18-02-2017, 12:04 AM
I despair when I read this type of thread...we have all made mistakes in our lifetime.

chrisski33
18-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Another weird thread and who is this scott allan whose name keeps appearing on here? Alnost as daft as Luckys comment about Liam Henderson getting a ticket to the Derby

18-02-2017, 12:18 AM
Not so many have made the same mistake twice. Scott Allan is a rat.