PDA

View Full Version : Fight after the Derby

KingFranck
16-02-2017, 04:56 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-yobs-punch-kick-each-9830493
Anyone got more details about this ?

Moody Blues
16-02-2017, 05:02 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-yobs-punch-kick-each-9830493
Anyone got more details about this ?
Who cares , you are better just ignoring what these idiots get up to. They are a embarrassment to both clubs.

FC Leige
16-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Anyone got more details about this ? I hope we won

Nakedmanoncrack
16-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Hibs inside, Hearts outside?

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 05:10 PM
There's film of it on You Tube if anybody is really interested .......... looked like it took place well after the game with a gang of Yams trying to set about a handful of Hibs fans outside a boozer ..... the International Bar?

Looked like the next level up from the Falkirk pavement dancing to be honest ...... embarrassing stuff, not because it was mostly show and no punch, but because this crap should be left in the 90s where it belongs, Hibs don't need it, Hertz don't need it, football doesn't need it :bitchy:

Pretty Boy
16-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Is the International not traditionally a Celtic pub? Certainly used to be buses Parkhead bound that ran from there not a million years ago.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Heard there were a lot of Hearts casuals in the Corn Exchange, watching the match

Pete
16-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Is the International not traditionally a Celtic pub? Certainly used to be buses Parkhead bound that ran from there not a million years ago.

Still is I think.

Bostonhibby
16-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Heard there were a lot of Hearts casuals in the Corn Exchange, watching the match
Sounds like a lot of nylon and polyester then. Bound to be some static.

RoYO!
16-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Also, any daily record links are not appreciated. Can't stand anything to do with them.

Carheenlea
16-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I've never had a fight in my life, or dressed in casual style back in the day, but a friends teenage son is always asking me questions about "Hibs" back in the day. Some of the younger generation do look look on the scene romantically, and dress in a style that they believe every 80's hooligan wore. Funnily enough, I do follow the CCS Facebook page, which really just posts old pictures of themselves from their long passed travels, and nobody really looks like the Green Street identikit hooligan!
Doesn't make it alright, but through many generations kids have engaged in gang violence from street gangs, Teddy Boys, Skinheads, Mods, Rockers, Punks, Casuals etc. It's the grown ups who still enjoy it we should be more offended at.

FC Leige
16-02-2017, 05:56 PM
I've never had a fight in my life, or dressed in casual style back in the day, but a friends teenage son is always asking me questions about "Hibs" back in the day. Some of the younger generation do look look on the scene romantically, and dress in a style that they believe every 80's hooligan wore. Funnily enough, I do follow the CCS Facebook page, which really just posts old pictures of themselves from their long passed travels, and nobody really looks like the Green Street identikit hooligan!
Doesn't make it alright, but through many generations kids have engaged in gang violence from street gangs, Teddy Boys, Skinheads, Mods, Rockers, Punks, Casuals etc. It's the grown ups who still enjoy it we should be more offended at. I was a Hibs boy from 84 until about 90 when i discovered drugs and raves and quickly realised it was much more fun dancing and getting wasted at the weekend than getting punched in the face and lifted....
As for the clothes in these days wages were lower and designer gear more expensive so unless you had a light fingered friend with the balls to rob Cruise, Jenners and Austin Reed it was hard to keep up with the labels. Thats why nobody looked like the cast from Green Street back in the day.

Winston Ingram
16-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Hearts fans were fighting other Hearts fans in McCowans at Fountain Park after the game. One of them was glassed.

Allant1981
16-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Also, any daily record links are not appreciated. Can't stand anything to do with them.

dont click on it then!

SChibs
16-02-2017, 06:38 PM
There was a bit of bother in the Shannon at some point after the match

Keith_M
16-02-2017, 06:45 PM
I was a Hibs boy from 84 until about 90 when i discovered drugs and raves and quickly realised it was much more fun dancing and getting wasted at the weekend than getting punched in the face and lifted....
As for the clothes in these days wages were lower and designer gear more expensive so unless you had a light fingered friend with the balls to rob Cruise, Jenners and Austin Reed it was hard to keep up with the labels. Thats why nobody looked like the cast from Green Street back in the day.

Funnily enough, nobody is ever portrayed in Green Street style films wearing Benetton sweaters and Hugo Boss jeans, which is how I remember it from the 80s.

If they want to do it properly, they should wear those brands and get a really daft hairdo, with a big wavy fringe... possibly even a mullet.

RoYO!
16-02-2017, 06:54 PM
dont click on it then!

Yep, that was implied. I'd urge others to do the same. Bash on tho just my opinion

I'm_cabbaged
16-02-2017, 06:54 PM

Aye

silverhibee
16-02-2017, 07:54 PM

A draw.

LaMotta
16-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Here is the youtube video:

https://youtu.be/P1noODLaNKI

Santa Cruz
16-02-2017, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't think it's much worse than some other drunken weekend brawls. Its hours after the game finished so not really football related.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 09:35 PM
So who is supposed to be who in that video?

Nakedmanoncrack
16-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Hibs in the pub, Hearts outside and eventually beating a retreat once their outnumbered adversaries got out.

madabouthibs
16-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Boy in the red jacket did a no bad job of chasing them off.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Figures. Looked to me the crew inside the pub got the better of that exchange in the end.

All a bit daft though isnt it.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Hearts fans were fighting other Hearts fans in McCowans at Fountain Park after the game. One of them was glassed.

Everyone hates Hearts fans.

BullsCloseHibs
16-02-2017, 10:01 PM
I see from the YT vid that both the Sun and Daily ****** were desperate to get permission to take it. Shows the level of dross these red top rags stoop to.

Wow. A fight in Edinburgh on a weekend night. Whatever next!

JackLadd
16-02-2017, 10:09 PM
the term Hertz casuals is surely oxymoronic unless you think Primark is on par with Givenchy. :agree:

BullsCloseHibs
16-02-2017, 10:11 PM
the term Hertz casuals is surely oxymoronic unless you think Primark is on par with Givenchy. :agree:

There's a video on YT of a hertz v Well 'fight'. Utterly embarrassing. 12 year old boys chucking bollards around and screaming like girls. It's staggeringly pathetic

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 10:15 PM
There's a video on YT of a hertz v Well 'fight'. Utterly embarrassing. 12 year old boys chucking bollards around and screaming like girls. It's staggeringly pathetic

To be honest its refreshing to hear 12 year olds managing to tear themselves away from their X boxes and make it outside their front doors.

ehf
16-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Hibs in the pub, Hearts outside and eventually beating a retreat once their outnumbered adversaries got out.

Some classic pavement dancing there; there were 5 or 6 yams prepared to have a go and the rest were prancing around ten yards away kicking and punching the air and were off like a shot when the Hibs boys came out. Why bother? If you can't have a fight, you can't have a fight; you know it, your mates know it so you're not fooling anyone.

greenlex
16-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Are they football "fans"?

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Are they football "fans"?

A lot them certainly looked like fannies.

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Boy in the red jacket did a no bad job of chasing them off.

Looked quite tasty in the Matty Jack role. Hearts fans only prepared to engage with him en masse, nobody fancied a straightener. I think both sets of thugs will look at that video and think they could have done better. Hibs will lament being so slow out the blocks, Hearts will be concerned at the late capitulation, despite having more personnel in key areas. I think both will be anxious to make changes for Wednesday's replay.

There will be scores of spotty young Ian Cathro's analysing the action.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Looked quite tasty in the Matty Jack role. Hearts fans only prepared to engage with him en masse, nobody fancied a straightener. I think both sets of thugs will look at that video and think they could have done better. Hibs will lament being so slow out the blocks, Hearts will be concerned at the late capitulation, despite having more personnel in key areas. I think both will be anxious to make changes for Wednesday's replay.

I think Cathro ordered a Hearts retreat from his laptop in the safetyof his bedroom.

"Pitch" looked in better nic than Tynecastle

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2017, 11:12 PM
I think Cathro ordered a Hearts retreat from his laptop in the safetyof his bedroom.

"Pitch" looked in better nic than Tynecastle

Waiting for Neil McCann to come on and condemn the football players at the game beforehand, and tell us that their antics upset the hooligans so that they couldn't perform at their best, thus tarnishing the row as a spectacle.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 11:22 PM
The Hearts lad in the white jacket needs a word in his ear. If you are going to perform thus, wear black so you dont stand out so much.

Just a tip son.

GreenLake
16-02-2017, 11:30 PM

His Hearts mob were acting like laptop dancers.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 11:32 PM
His Hearts mob were acting like laptop dancers.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Well made me laugh

Pete
17-02-2017, 01:46 AM
The Hearts lad in the white jacket needs a word in his ear. If you are going to perform thus, wear black so you dont stand out so much.

Just a tip son.

:agree:

Their sensei will be raging.

Hibby70
17-02-2017, 06:16 AM
:agree:

Their sensei will be raging.

"Sweep the leg"

offshorehibby
17-02-2017, 06:35 AM
Was there not a battle at the same venue after last years game as well. Something stick in my head seeing a video last year.

Johnny Clash
17-02-2017, 07:14 AM

Quality post! 😀

macca70
17-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Why do these clowns think this is acceptable!!

1. Damaging someone's property and business
2. Put general public at risk
3. It only takes 1 hit to head/face and they could end up murdering someone

Police need to identify them and make sure they all get hefty penalties.

Surprised folk can make fun of it, it's just a matter of time before someone is killed and it will probably be an innocent bystander caught up in it all!!

Joe6-2
17-02-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't condone this behaviour, but, the daily ******? Wouldn't trust a word it said

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 08:19 AM

Surprised folk can make fun of it, it's just a matter of time before someone is killed and it will probably be an innocent bystander caught up in it all!! I dont know about you but i dont let members of my family leave the house when Hibs play Hearts incase one of them gets killed.
Boca v River Plate is nothing compared to the threat these boys pose

green with envy
17-02-2017, 08:28 AM

Surprised folk can make fun of it, it's just a matter of time before someone is killed and it will probably be an innocent bystander caught up in it all!!

Just another weekend night up town then.

I'm sure there are paggers just down the road a bit on Lothian Road that last more than 2 mins without police involvement.

macca70
17-02-2017, 08:31 AM
I dont know about you but i dont let members of my family leave the house when Hibs play Hearts incase one of them gets killed.
Boca v River Plate is nothing compared to the threat these boys pose

Eh?! You just have to look back to New Year to see the consequences of what could happen when a pub fight like this spill onto the street and get out of hand.

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Just another weekend night up town then.

I'm sure there are paggers just down the road a bit on Lothian Road that last more than 2 mins without police involvement. It must be a different upbringing in an different era but i cant believe Macca70 is actually hoping for police involvement and arrests to be made.

Since90+2
17-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Anyone caught in this will likely get a custodial sentance. Any violence related to football is always dealt with far more harshly than a normal Saturday night fight between lads.

where'stheslope
17-02-2017, 08:35 AM
I find it strange that the video is depicted as football hooligans as when I viewed it, it could have been anyone other than football fans just out to make a nuisance of themselves and picked on a pub?

Loutish behavior, lets blame football fans?

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Eh?! You just have to look back to New Year to see the consequences of what could happen when a pub fight like this spill onto the street and get out of hand. Every weekend there is thousands of pub and street brawls all over the UK. Its not good but has been happening since boozers were invented and will continue to happen. The New Year incident was tragic but its very rare when something as extreme as that happens.

macca70
17-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Every weekend there is thousands of pub and street brawls all over the UK. Its not good but has been happening since boozers were invented and will continue to happen. The New Year incident was tragic but its very rare when something as extreme as that happens.

So that makes this ok then? How can you possibly find this acceptable?! Utterly bizarre!!

Yeah, but when it's a group of idiots going out there way to target a pub that's pre determined, that's a bit different than a spur of the moment fight in a pub between 2 guys over someone spilling someone's pint.

BurghHibby
17-02-2017, 10:19 AM

2-0 up and they ****** it up!

Similar but more extreme incident in Warsaw on Wednesday night where Ajax fans trashed a metal club before their game with Leiga.
My son played a gig there last year and one of the guys on the receiving end sent him the link:
http://tvnwarszawa.tvn24.pl/informacje,news,lataly-stoly-krzesla-race-kamienie-monitoring-z-demolki-w-chmurach,224179.html

Keith_M
17-02-2017, 02:20 PM
They could turn this into a Saturday Evening Entertainment Show on BBC and have judges with scorecards for the Mob with the best dance moves.

My money's on the Falkirk Fear(ties) to win the inaugural Season.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/43/1600x800/landscape-strictly-judges-september-26.jpg

snooky
17-02-2017, 02:47 PM
I see from the YT vid that both the Sun and Daily ****** were desperate to get permission to take it. Shows the level of dross these red top rags stoop to.

Wow. A fight in Edinburgh on a weekend night. Whatever next!

All must be quiet and peaceful through the West. Probably it's just another slow news day.

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2017, 02:51 PM
2-0 up and they ****** it up!

Similar but more extreme incident in Warsaw on Wednesday night where Ajax fans trashed a metal club before their game with Leiga.
My son played a gig there last year and one of the guys on the receiving end sent him the link:
http://tvnwarszawa.tvn24.pl/informacje,news,lataly-stoly-krzesla-race-kamienie-monitoring-z-demolki-w-chmurach,224179.html

Its nice to see that being a moron is an international business ............ thrashing a metal club as well, bloody criminal in itself :rockin:

snooky
17-02-2017, 02:55 PM
I find it strange that the video is depicted as football hooligans as when I viewed it, it could have been anyone other than football fans just out to make a nuisance of themselves and picked on a pub?

Loutish behavior, lets blame football fans?

Well I certainly never noticed any scarves, tops or other kinds of ID.
It could just as easily be the C of S General Assembly Patrons v Edinburgh Councillors for all I know.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-02-2017, 03:14 PM
If you're going to do it, may as well do it properly.....

http://news.sky.com/story/video-shows-dozens-of-people-in-wetherspoons-pub-brawl-10766590

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2017, 03:15 PM
It could just as easily be the C of S General Assembly Patrons v Edinburgh Councillors for all I know.

So Huns v Jambos then.

Deansy
17-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Obviously there's no fights WHATSOEVER after OF games - there can't be or the 'tard' would also show videos of them, what with it being the fine, upstanding publication it is ..........................

beensaidbefore
17-02-2017, 03:39 PM
So that makes this ok then? How can you possibly find this acceptable?! Utterly bizarre!!

Yeah, but when it's a group of idiots going out there way to target a pub that's pre determined, that's a bit different than a spur of the moment fight in a pub between 2 guys over someone spilling someone's pint.

The point is, how do you or anyone else know what the intentions of either group were? It has been labelled football violence but it could easily have been two groups from rival parts of the city.

beensaidbefore
17-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Correct.

beensaidbefore
17-02-2017, 03:41 PM

I think there will be several people killed by crossing the road and by their own pets before we see a death at the football.

macca70
17-02-2017, 04:57 PM
I think there will be several people killed by crossing the road and by their own pets before we see a death at the football.

What you talking about?!! You seem to be responding to my post but what you've just said is complete nonsense.

macca70
17-02-2017, 05:01 PM
The point is, how do you or anyone else know what the intentions of either group were? It has been labelled football violence but it could easily have been two groups from rival parts of the city.

Regardless of football related, it's quite clear what there intentions are to attack and assault whoever is in the bar, regardless of there motive do you think this is acceptable behaviour? You seem quite intent on sticking up for them which is quite unbelievable!!!

beensaidbefore
17-02-2017, 05:04 PM
What you talking about?!! You seem to be responding to my post but what you've just said is complete nonsense.

OK, how many people have died as a direct result of football violence in the UK this century? I don't know the figures, but I would be pretty sure it won't be more than a dozen, and how many of those were innocent bystanders?. I'm certain crossing the road is more dangerous for the general public.

beensaidbefore
17-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Regardless of football related, it's quite clear what there intentions are to attack and assault whoever is in the bar, regardless of there motive do you think this is acceptable behaviour? You seem quite intent on sticking up for them which is quite unbelievable!!!

I am taking an opposing view to try and highlight that everything we see in the media does not require a knee jerk reaction. It is a modern phenomenon and often sees not very well thought through polices implemented without much consultation to see if folk even care.

Let's be honest, it wasn't very clever of them, and they could have injured an innocent person as you say, but as far as is clear they didn't. Do we need to make it something it wasn't?

CorrieHibs
17-02-2017, 05:19 PM
I don't condone this behaviour, but, the daily ******? Wouldn't trust a word it said

Funny how the DR reports Hibs and hearts fighting but yet doesn't Celtic and rangers. Suppose that would take up most of the paper.

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Personally i think you have more chance of being struck by lightening than being killed at the Edinburgh Derby

emerald green
17-02-2017, 05:36 PM
If they want a fight, whoever they are, they should try these guys - see link. Wouldn't last very long.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08flw2v/russias-hooligan-army

The Pointer
17-02-2017, 05:41 PM
A few years ago my Hearts supporting 'wee' brother was having a quiet post match pint in the Tynecastle Arms with his mate. All of a sudden the windows came in and the doors smashed. On going out to 'investigate' the matter, they were set upon by a large group of Hibbies on their way back from a game in Kilmarnock. Despite being a recently retired and rather large ex-cop, he decided the best course of action was to gtf back in the pub where they bolted what was left of the doors.

Just saying likes. Our noses haven't always been so clean.

Slavers
17-02-2017, 05:43 PM
If they want a fight, whoever they are, they should try these guys - see link. Wouldn't last very long.

The Russians take it to the next level, a lot dont drink or smoke then train all week so they can have a fight with other hooligans.

fat freddy
17-02-2017, 07:39 PM

A disturbing insight into the dedication and professionalism of The Russian Forest Fighters, Ive seen a lot of these organised fights on you tube but it was interesting to see it from the fighters perspective. My conclusion after watching the full documentary is 'dont go to the world cup if you are English' they might not batter you in a forest but they will batter you. Scotland fans dont have to worry About these guys, we wont qualify.

essexhibee
17-02-2017, 08:00 PM
The Russians take it to the next level, a lot dont drink or smoke then train all week so they can have a fight with other hooligans.

Ruskies will end up killing someone one day. Serious hard trained fighters up against drunk Englishman. Scary stuff.

Dinkydoo
17-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Let's knock this "trained fighter" stuff on the head. Usually the last people who want to get involved in a street fight are those who train in combat sports. Have these guys *actually* had matched fights in a ring under some kind of sport ruleset? I doubt it.

These guys are just nutters

broondog
17-02-2017, 08:41 PM
I was a Hibs boy from 84 until about 90 when i discovered drugs and raves and quickly realised it was much more fun dancing and getting wasted at the weekend than getting punched in the face and lifted....

You must be really proud of yourself mate well done.

The sooner the "casual" element leaves the club the better. Total embarrassment to Hibernian FC and its supporters

kaimendhibs
17-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Wasnt a proper fight. Never saw any group run forward, stop then shout STALL with arms outstretched. Thats how we did ut in old days and not a blow landed😂😂😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2017, 09:31 PM

The sooner the "casual" element leaves the club the better. Total embarrassment to Hibernian FC and its supporters

Nonsense. Bloody heroes, every last one of 'em!

macca70
17-02-2017, 11:20 PM
I am taking an opposing view to try and highlight that everything we see in the media does not require a knee jerk reaction. It is a modern phenomenon and often sees not very well thought through polices implemented without much consultation to see if folk even care.

Let's be honest, it wasn't very clever of them, and they could have injured an innocent person as you say, but as far as is clear they didn't. Do we need to make it something it wasn't?

There's folk coming out the pub with their heids cut open, are you blind?

fat freddy
18-02-2017, 12:36 AM
Let's knock this "trained fighter" stuff on the head. Usually the last people who want to get involved in a street fight are those who train in combat sports. Have these guys *actually* had matched fights in a ring under some kind of sport ruleset? I doubt it.

These guys are just nutters

You clearly havent followed the link provided which tells the story of these trained fighters. These guys train hard, they dont accept weak untrained fighters, to be accepted they have to go through a process of forest fights until they reach a level where their trainers know they can represent their team with honour. It is highly organised and many of them fight professionally, it is nothing like anything in The UK

Dinkydoo
18-02-2017, 07:23 AM
You clearly havent followed the link provided which tells the story of these trained fighters. These guys train hard, they dont accept weak untrained fighters, to be accepted they have to go through a process of forest fights until they reach a level where their trainers know they can represent their team with honour. It is highly organised and many of them fight professionally, it is nothing like anything in The UK
I watched a bit of it before getting fed up and all I saw was some training montages - which apart from the forrest fighting, wasn't even hooligans - and then some England fans crying about the big bad Russians being worse than them.

Since you seem to know so much about it, which gyms do some of these guys fight out of and on which promotions? In a ruleset such as Boxing, Muay Thai or MMA?

A street fighter with a bit of training is not a 'fighter'. It's important to differentiate because if we're not careful people who know very little about combat sports start to associate this **** with the sports themselves.

FC Leige
18-02-2017, 07:30 AM

The sooner the "casual" element leaves the club the better. Total embarrassment to Hibernian FC and its supporters Im totally ashamed that 30 years ago i followed the youth fad at the time. I should have just stayed in my loft and played with my model train set or collected stamps while ham shanking myself into a frenzy over the latest edition of Escort

bigwheel
18-02-2017, 07:36 AM

you definitely were one of the early edinburgh boys then..as Austin Reed's was quite different then than it is now...one of the few places were Pringle, Lacoste and Tacchini could be purchased....

great stylish times...and as you said in another post...whilst it had some darker sides, it was the start of a youth movement - full of energy...which ended up in the rave scene - biggest movement in modern times...the fashion standards still live today.

fat freddy
18-02-2017, 07:43 AM
I watched a bit of it before getting fed up and all I saw was some training montages - which apart from the forrest fighting, wasn't even hooligans - and then some England fans crying about the big bad Russians being worse than them.

Since you seem to know so much about it, which gyms do some of these guys fight out of and on which promotions? In a ruleset such as Boxing, Muay Thai or MMA?

A street fighter with a bit of training is not a 'fighter'. It's important to differentiate because if we're not careful people who know very little about combat sports start to associate this **** with the sports themselves..
I don't know so much about it, I just watched the documentary that you got bored with after a few minutes. That is pretty much the entirety of my knowledge on this subject and to me they looked like trained fighters. They train and then they fight, it's not really up for debate, they are trained fighters. If that doesn't conform to your idea of trained fighters then so be it. It's not something I know too much about, I just found the documentary interesting.

Dinkydoo
18-02-2017, 07:49 AM
I don't know so much about it, I just watched the documentary that you got bored with after a few minutes. That is pretty much the entirety of my knowledge on this subject and to me they looked like trained fighters. They train and then they fight, it's not really up for debate, they are trained fighters. If that doesn't conform to your idea of trained fighters then so be it. It's not something I know too much about, I just found the documentary interesting.
That's good, so you know nothing about it, I'm glad we've established that.

That's exactly the reason why I'm digging you up about it though. These guys mostly do not fight out of a gym in a combat sport, therefore /= trained fighter. They are hooligans who organise their training

FC Leige
18-02-2017, 07:53 AM
you definitely were one of the early edinburgh boys then..as Austin Reed's was quite different then than it is now...one of the few places were Pringle, Lacoste and Tacchini could be purchased....

great stylish times...and as you said in another post...whilst it had some darker sides, it was the start of a youth movement - full of energy...which ended up in the rave scene - biggest movement in modern times...the fashion standards still live today. I loved the clothes, the music and the swagger as you do when your a cocky teen and you think your invincible. Only the real nutters actually enjoyed the violence.

Allant1981
18-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Im totally ashamed that 30 years ago i followed the youth fad at the time. I should have just stayed in my loft and played with my model train set or collected stamps while ham shanking myself into a frenzy over the latest edition of Escort

why make yourself sound like an idiot about it

fat freddy
18-02-2017, 08:00 AM

That's exactly the reason why I'm digging you up about it though. These guys mostly do not fight out of a gym in a combat sport, therefore /= trained fighter. They are hooligans who organise their training

Yes they are hooligans, they organise training, they fight. That's kind of like trained fighters to me. You need to stop digging mate. Just let this one go, I'll just keep saying they are trained fighters and you will just keep getting more and more upset as I know nothing about the subject, no one is going to win this one.

Dinkydoo
18-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Yes they are hooligans, they organise training, they fight. That's kind of like trained fighters to me. You need to stop digging mate. Just let this one go, I'll just keep saying they are trained fighters and you will just keep getting more and more upset as I know nothing about the subject, no one is going to win this one.
I'm not getting upset about it mate, just trying to provide some clarification around the lazy definition that the British media has been using to describe these guys and deflect from our own (England) fan's behaviour at every football tournament ever. The truth is, most pro and amature fighters want nothing to do with street fights - and it's not fair on them use the exact same terms to describe the nutters at the football. It's not your fault, you're just calling it how you see it and repeating the rhetoric. As someone who does know a bit about combat sports I felt it was my place to say something.

We're done here I think.

In other news, have we pumped Raith yet ;)

FC Leige
18-02-2017, 08:14 AM

A street fighter with a bit of training is not a 'fighter'. It's important to differentiate because if we're not careful people who know very little about combat sports start to associate this **** with the sports themselves. How do you expect him to know what gyms they fight out of? Some of them were clearly trained fighters. That doesnt mean they are pros who fight under a promotion. They are using combat sport for all the wrong reasons but you cant deny they are training in the disciplines mainly Muay Thai and Jujitsu

StevieCowan
18-02-2017, 08:14 AM
I love a casuals good v casuals bad argument.

It's been a while.

FC Leige
18-02-2017, 08:16 AM
why make yourself sound like an idiot about it How am i doing that

Keith_M
18-02-2017, 08:20 AM
How did a video about pavement dancing by a dozen or so muppets turn into a discussion about Russian Ultras with alleged military style training?

Allant1981
18-02-2017, 08:21 AM
How am i doing that

just the way your post came over, seems like you had no issue fighting folk

Dinkydoo
18-02-2017, 08:21 AM
How do you expect him to know what gyms they fight out of? Some of them were clearly trained fighters. That doesnt mean they are pros who fight under a promotion. They are using combat sport for all the wrong reasons but you cant deny they are training in the disciplines mainly Muay Thai and Jujitsu
Trained fighter: someone who trains in a combat sport, fights under a sport ruleset representing the gym.

I train in a combat sport, I have had street fights (when younger in self defence) yet I am not a "trained fighter". God forbid I was ever involved in an incident as an adult, the media may describe me in that way but it's just sensationalism in order to sell news papers.

I think I've said all I wanted to. Continue being pedantic by all means, the Russian hooligans are not fighters by any sport definition associated with the term "trained fighter".

Let's be fair to the guys who (try to) do this for a living and differentiate between the two.

FC Leige
18-02-2017, 08:22 AM
How did a video about pavement dancing by a dozen or so muppets turn into a discussion about Russian Ultras with alleged military style training? Thats the beauty of the internet and public forums

bigwheel
18-02-2017, 08:39 AM
I loved the clothes, the music and the swagger as you do when your a cocky teen and you think your invincible. Only the real nutters actually enjoyed the violence.

Can't argue with any of that [emoji109]

FC Leige
18-02-2017, 08:40 AM
just the way your post came over, seems like you had no issue fighting folk If you read what i actually wrote i said that i was in it for the clothes and the music..Only the real nutters were in it for the violence

judas
18-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Very interested in this growing scene.

After witnessing the post match routines of the Falkirk dance troupe, I have been attempting - in vain it would seem - to get my kids into this. I phoned Falkirk FC and asked if there were any classes I could get them into, but they seemed unaware of the pavement dancing phenomenon sweeping the country (typical provincial club).

Imagine my satisfaction, when the poster confirmed my suspicion that such a cultural oddity, would have its roots right here in our fine city. I have now been trying to locate the dance school that these lads are attending and I'm hoping the club office can enlighten me.

If there is anyone that could assist I would be most grateful. I have a C4 Grand Picasso and could chip in with drop offs and collection of the kids.

Scottie
18-02-2017, 08:55 AM
If you read what i actually wrote i said that i was in it for the clothes and the music..Only the real nutters were in it for the violence
Buzzini's on Cockburn Street was my choice when I'd saved enough of my paper round money up. :wink:

Mental prices. Mental times. Can't believe it's over 30 years ago. :rolleyes:

fat freddy
18-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Very interested in this growing scene.

After witnessing the post match routines of the Falkirk dance troupe, I have been attempting - in vain it would seem - to get my kids into this. I phoned Falkirk FC and asked if there were any classes I could get them into, but they seemed unaware of the pavement dancing phenomenon sweeping the country (typical provincial club).

Imagine my satisfaction, when the poster confirmed my suspicion that such a cultural oddity, would have its roots right here in our fine city. I have now been trying to locate the dance school that these lads are attending and I'm hoping the club office can enlighten me.

If there is anyone that could assist I would be most grateful. I have a C4 Grand Picasso and could chip in with drop offs and collection of the kids.

All parents hoping to get their kids involved in this activity should be aware that there is certain costs involved. A monthly direct debit has to be arranged for the purchase of chairs. Some parents provide their own chairs but children often turn up with non regulation office chairs and rocking chairs, the direct debit allows groups to buy plastic garden chairs in bulk and these allow the trained fighters greater throwing distances as the lighter weight of the recommended chair produces superior aerodynamics

Moody Blues
18-02-2017, 09:32 AM
All parents hoping to get their kids involved in this activity should be aware that there is certain costs involved. A monthly direct debit has to be arranged for the purchase of chairs. Some parents provide their own chairs but children often turn up with non regulation office chairs and rocking chairs, the direct debit allows groups to buy plastic garden chairs in bulk and these allow the trained fighters greater throwing distances as the lighter weight of the recommended chair produces superior aerodynamics

How can I find out if there are classes for us oldies. Do we bring our Zimmer's along ?

I'm_cabbaged
18-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Buzzini's on Cockburn Street was my choice when I'd saved enough of my paper round money up. :wink:

Got paid about £60 a week and didn't think twice to pay a big note for a jumper, mental times indeed!!

wpj
18-02-2017, 10:22 AM

From what I remember about the IB in the 80s it's the last place you would try to noise up the locals. Maybe different now though

Fuzzywuzzy
18-02-2017, 10:37 AM

You'd always be hearing about someone at school that got 'taxed' by the hbc

BullsCloseHibs
18-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Loved Buzzini. Wages day was always spent up there. Without doubt the best shop in its time :agree:

All the old names, C17, Replay (long before it became tacky), Retour, Chipie, Chevignon, Classic Nouveau, Best Company and even their own brand.

Was a great era.

BullsCloseHibs
18-02-2017, 10:51 AM
You'd always be hearing about someone at school that got 'taxed' by the hbc

I recall Cruise handing out unbranded bags because of the taxing "phenomena" (along with other shops). Was risky wearing the likes of CP and SI back then in the city centre if your face wasnt 'known' :agree:

beensaidbefore
18-02-2017, 10:57 AM
There's folk coming out the pub with their heids cut open, are you blind?

I can see that. What is your point? I made mine.

silverhibee
18-02-2017, 11:02 AM

There was a pro boxer who owned his own gym, he was training young lads in combat fighting, think he was a Dynamo Moscow ultra.

Since90+2
18-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Forgetting the trained fighter or not arguement what the programme did show was just how utterly ridiculous the "casuals" in this country look with their payment dancing. They literally woudnt last ten seconds against these guys.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2017, 11:29 AM
why make yourself sound like an idiot about it

I don't think he's the one who is sounding like an idiot.

It never fails to amuse me how youth cults have been going around since at least the dawn of the industrial revolution and the knee jerk condemnation of them for probably as long.

It's also amazing how many people claim instant expertise, knowing how to 'solve' this problem.

For most people it's a harmless part of growing up. Anybody who takes it to extremes or gets off on the violence or uses it to get power and influence for nefarious ends, is going to do that anyway. For most it's just young chaps letting off steam. Most grow out of it with nothing more than a few stories, which are embarrassing or amusing, depending on circumstance and company.

Everybody thinks of their youth as the best years of their life. I made a right bloody ridiculous idiot of myself on many occasions - I wouldn't change a damn second of it.

fat freddy
18-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Forgetting the trained fighter or not arguement what the programme did show was just how utterly ridiculous the "casuals" in this country look with their payment dancing. They literally woudnt last ten seconds against these guys.

I think your average British squaddie wouldnt fare too well against those mental Russians, 20 squaddies against 20 Ruskie ultras in a forest would be interesting, my money would be on the trained fighters

silverhibee
18-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Got paid about £60 a week and didn't think twice to pay a big note for a jumper, mental times indeed!!

No CCTV back then, if you couldn't shop lift the gear then the next best thing was to do a bit ram raiding.

northstandhibby
18-02-2017, 11:40 AM
No CCTV back then, if you couldn't shop lift the gear then the next best thing was to do a bit ram raiding.

Bit different that one compared to the Dons worrying sheep.

:greengrin

glory glory

heretoday
18-02-2017, 11:43 AM

That is correct. My lad was watching the rugby up in the gallery and there was a big fight down the stair which left a guy twitching and bleeding on the floor.

Later, he encountered the victim washing the blood off in the bogs.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2017, 11:43 AM
I loved the clothes, the music and the swagger as you do when your a cocky teen and you think your invincible. Only the real nutters actually enjoyed the violence.

I think this is where most people were/are at. The violence usually found its level. The serious 'top boys' could go at it, the amateurs could peel off and windmill and jostle, those who liked the buzz could watch from a distance, while saving face by shouting and making ''come ahead' gestures.

Generally great fun for those involved and for those who aren't, usually little more than an inconvenience, or an excuse to get off by either glorifying or condemning.

steakbake
18-02-2017, 11:45 AM
How did a video about pavement dancing by a dozen or so muppets turn into a discussion about Russian Ultras with alleged military style training?

I'll bite - loads of papers were saying that the Russian casuals had been specially trained and that the violence at the Euros was even orchestrated by the Kremlin some even suggesting it was designed to provoke a Brexit vote. Complete nonsense. I followed football in the Netherlands for a while in the 90s/00s and their hooligans were very well organised including opposing firms making arrangements for fights: times, locations, numbers etc

Anyhow, thought I'd bring it along a bit and see if a poster a few posts down the line brings up a particular Austro-German gentleman from the mid C20. Godwin's law will then be confirmed!

Has anyone else baited their line to make sure the internet was still working properly?

Since90+2
18-02-2017, 11:55 AM
I think this is where most people were/are at. The violence usually found its level. The serious 'top boys' could go at it, the amateurs could peel off and windmill and jostle, those who liked the buzz could watch from a distance, while saving face by shouting and making ''come ahead' gestures.

Generally great fun for those involved and for those who aren't, usually little more than an inconvenience, or an excuse to get off by either glorifying or condemning.

The first paragraph here is very similarly written to a section in the foreword by Irvine Welsh in Andy Blance's book :hmmm:

Are you sure you are no Irvine? :greengrin

fat freddy
18-02-2017, 11:58 AM
I'll bite - loads of papers were saying that the Russian casuals had been specially trained and that the violence at the Euros was even orchestrated by the Kremlin some even suggesting it was designed to provoke a Brexit vote. Complete nonsense. I followed football in the Netherlands for a while in the 90s/00s and their hooligans were very well organised including opposing firms making arrangements for fights: times, locations, numbers etc

Anyhow, thought I'd bring it along a bit and see if a poster a few posts down the line brings up a particular Austro-German gentleman from the mid C20. Godwin's law will then be confirmed!

Has anyone else baited their line to make sure the internet was still working properly?

A fitting end to the debate, can I just make the last comment before the thread is closed?

Adolph Hitler invented forest fighting and he would have beat those Russian trained fighters if it wasnt for the Stallingrad Ultras, he should have gave them a bodyswerve and went straight to the Moscow Dynamo meet.

steakbake
18-02-2017, 12:00 PM
A fitting end to the debate, can I just make the last comment before the thread is closed?

Adolph Hitler invented forest fighting and he would have beat those Russian trained fighters if it wasnt for the Stallingrad Ultras, he should have gave them a bodyswerve and went straight to the Moscow Dynamo meet.

Yesss! Despite the chaos in the world, some things still work!

I'm_cabbaged
18-02-2017, 12:01 PM

😂
Jenners if my memory is correct.

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Bit of a pedantic argument going on here ............ would it be better to say the Russian guys train for their fights rather than they are 'trained' fighters?

Whatever the case they clearly practice moves and techniques if the documentary was anything to go by. If football hooliganism had a governing body they would probably be thrown out for going entirely against the spirit of the sport. Like most purists I like my football hooligans to be pissed up neds with little to no organisation and even less intelligence. These Russian guys have no right to call themselves hooligans ...... they are a disgrace to the name :grr:

This is how Nazi Germany started !!!

snooky
18-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I don't think he's the one who is sounding like an idiot.

It never fails to amuse me how youth cults have been going around since at least the dawn of the industrial revolution and the knee jerk condemnation of them for probably as long.

It's also amazing how many people claim instant expertise, knowing how to 'solve' this problem.

For most people it's a harmless part of growing up. Anybody who takes it to extremes or gets off on the violence or uses it to get power and influence for nefarious ends, is going to do that anyway. For most it's just young chaps letting off steam. Most grow out of it with nothing more than a few stories, which are embarrassing or amusing, depending on circumstance and company.

Everybody thinks of their youth as the best years of their life. I made a right bloody ridiculous idiot of myself on many occasions - I wouldn't change a damn second of it.

A lot of truth in there, DBS.
May I suggest that the stupidest thing a teenager can do is to not 'grow up' once he/she hit their twenties.
I could name a couple of well-known individuals in that category, off the top of my head. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2017, 12:30 PM
The first paragraph here is very similarly written to a section in the foreword by Irvine Welsh in Andy Blance's book :hmmm:

Are you sure you are no Irvine? :greengrin

Probably ripped it off subconsciously. Wasn't a massive fan of AB's book and IW's foreword the best thing about it. DD's one more measured.

Silver Fox
18-02-2017, 02:35 PM

Define trained :duck: