PDA

View Full Version : Raith Rovers

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Yes, we're all excited about the cup tie midweek, but let's not fall asleep at the wheel as with Ayr, and come out and deliver a committed performance.

This is a big mental test for the players. They have to be up for games like this, and not feel they can coast by in third gear. If you are looking for improvement you want to be able to compare the attitude and performance favorably with the Ayr game.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Yes, we're all excited about the cup tie midweek, but let's not fall asleep at the wheel as with Ayr, and come out and deliver a committed performance.

This is a big mental test for the players. They have to be up for games like this, and not feel they can coast by in third gear. If you are looking for improvement you want to be able to compare the attitude and performance favorably with the Ayr game.

Quite! Play up Chaps!

Alfiembra
16-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Definite banana skin, Yogi will have his new recruits well up for it.

H18 SFR
16-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Who have they recruited, I missed it this week?

houstonhibbee
16-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Who have they recruited, I missed it this week?
think he means the players at the club that are new to him.

H18 SFR
16-02-2017, 04:54 PM
think he means the players at the club that are new to him.

Ah, got you. I presumed they had maybe singed a couple of out of contract players ha ha.

SirDavidsNapper
16-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Raith always seen to raise their game against us. No arsing about Lennon. Full strength starting lineup this time.

HibbyAndy
16-02-2017, 05:08 PM
It better be full strength team, We need to get out this grubby little league !

Jim44
16-02-2017, 05:11 PM

A banana skin is only dangerous if you stand on it. :cb

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Team talk that says if you hold anything back then you don't start in the cup game. Play yourselves in or play yourselves out.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 07:55 PM
It better be full strength team, We need to get out this grubby little league !

Just heard Lennon's interview on Hibs TV, Shinne suspended, Fontaine missed training, Mcgeough tweaked his groin, Hanlon out, and hoping 2 injured players declare themselves fit

Apart from that, we're at full strength

scooby
16-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Just heard Lennon's interview on Hibs TV, Shinne suspended, Fontaine missed training, Mcgeough tweaked his groin, Hanlon out, and hoping 2 injured players declare themselves fit

We're definitely in need of an emergency loan, wonder if we could get KC again?

JimBHibees
16-02-2017, 08:00 PM

Shinnie suspended really? Seems incredible.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Shinnie suspended really? Seems incredible.

Me too, but that's what he said

cabbageandribs1875
16-02-2017, 08:01 PM

surely not, sigh

JimBHibees
16-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Me too, but that's what he said

Just checked 6 bookings, wow.

16-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Dylan love him as a player but how long can we continue with this scenario.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 08:05 PM
surely not, sigh

Think someone said he hurt himself warming up last weekend

cabbageandribs1875
16-02-2017, 08:09 PM

just after picking up an ankle injury during training in December, possibly time to force a no-training/warming up ban on him BW

Ronniekirk
16-02-2017, 08:16 PM

Well if thats true its not great news Was hoping he was being saved so we could get five or six games out of him in the run in .His onggoing injury was one of the reasons i thought the Commons deal would happen
Shinnie s absence isnt so much a concern but if Fontaine isnt Training i assume he is one that Lennon is hoping will be fit for Raith so we dont need to risk Hanlon starting

Jim44
16-02-2017, 09:02 PM

If we couldn't get him on a loan deal during the window, what's changed to suggest we could get him now?

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 09:21 PM
If we couldn't get him on a loan deal during the window, what's changed to suggest we could get him now?

He was injured then!
Think we're more in need of defenders now though

Keyser Sauzee
16-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Dylan Injured again!! As much as he's an outstanding player he's no good to us on the treatment table. I doubt he will be offered another deal at the end of next season if this continues. Not his fault but no good to us constantly injured.

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Quite! Play up Chaps!

My sentiments entirely, even though I wouldn't express them in quite that manner.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2017, 11:53 PM
My sentiments entirely, even though I wouldn't express them in quite that manner.

Indeed!

ivan03
17-02-2017, 01:11 AM
He had a back problem otherwise we would have signed him. Lennon also wanted to sign Kelvin Wilson on a 4-6 week loan with Hanlon being out but Wilson only wanted to come if it was until end of the season.

Pete
17-02-2017, 02:50 AM
I think a point won't be a bad result.

I'd like three but you have to consider the aforementioned absences plus the potential bounce they might receive with the new manager.

This is our game in hand so it really is a free hit with United losing last week. Let's relax, try and play football and who knows? We might end up humping them.

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 10:36 AM

Apart from that, we're at full strength If Fontaine is a doubt i can see Gray playing centre half and Chris Humphrey slotting in at right back

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Big, big game this one, we will have to battle for a result, Yogi will have them fired up for sure but reckon we have enough just about in reserve to win, and as the boss says it is all about winning for now, nothing less.

we are hibs
17-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Hopefully the fans get right behind the team and give them a similar backing as to what they got at Tynie.

If Fontaine is a doubt i can see Gray playing centre half and Chris Humphrey slotting in at right back

Surely Boyle would be better back there? He played right wing back a couple of times and played well. I'm sure McGeouch has also played right back for us before but had a bit of a nightmare IIRC

danhibees1875
17-02-2017, 12:26 PM
If Fontaine is a doubt i can see Gray playing centre half and Chris Humphrey slotting in at right back

Would we not just play forster and McGregor? Or have I missed something?

FC Leige
17-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Would we not just play forster and McGregor? Or have I missed something? Forster is going to be out for weeks. Done his hamstring against Hearts

danhibees1875
17-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Forster is going to be out for weeks. Done his hamstring against Hearts
That'll be what I missed then!

Hope Fontaine makes it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-02-2017, 12:41 PM
This is a worry and why many of us were concerned at the lack of activity in Jan...2 big games in the next week and 1 fit centre half

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blaster
17-02-2017, 12:42 PM
This is a worry and why many of us were concerned at the lack of activity in Jan...2 big games in the next week and 1 fit centre half

Would you have signed another centre half in January?

Borderhibbie76
17-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Would you have signed another centre half in January?
We were looking for one because of Hanlon s injury...

The_Sauz
17-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Big Marv can play at CH :agree:

HFCdeb
17-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Buzzing for this. Think it'll be a really good game.

Shrekko
17-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Raith have 2 of their regular back 4, McHattie and Davidson, suspended and their first choice goalie is injured, so we cant complain about injuries in this one.

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2017, 01:28 PM
A win in this game is huge ..... it will open a gap, including goal difference, that will be very hard for Utd or Falkirk coming up on the rails to overcome. The cup replay is very much a side issue in importance if you take the long term view, which we must.

I cant believe that Fontaine is injured now as well, we have 3 of the best centre halves in Scotland and a very able back up in Forster and only one of them fit, you couldn't make it up.

As for Dylan ..... I think he's a great wee player, one that I would love to see still at the club if we make it back up. But it has to be said that there will come a time where Hibs have to take a serious look at the situation, he has barely kicked a ball for us all season and that follows on from a season where he was plagued by injuries ...... for the wages he gets I doubt we could bring in a guy with the same ability, but we could get one who isn't injured all the time who could still do a job.

We have two players with undoubted ability we have stuck by through thin and thinner in Forster and Handling, can we really afford a third?

SirDavidsNapper
17-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I hope my home town team get a hammering

where'stheslope
17-02-2017, 05:59 PM
A win in this game is huge ..... it will open a gap, including goal difference, that will be very hard for Utd or Falkirk coming up on the rails to overcome. The cup replay is very much a side issue in importance if you take the long term view, which we must.

I cant believe that Fontaine is injured now as well, we have 3 of the best centre halves in Scotland and a very able back up in Forster and only one of them fit, you couldn't make it up.

As for Dylan ..... I think he's a great wee player, one that I would love to see still at the club if we make it back up. But it has to be said that there will come a time where Hibs have to take a serious look at the situation, he has barely kicked a ball for us all season and that follows on from a season where he was plagued by injuries ...... for the wages he gets I doubt we could bring in a guy with the same ability, but we could get one who isn't injured all the time who could still do a job.

We have two players with undoubted ability we have stuck by through thin and thinner in Forster and Handling, can we really afford a third?

Look further back!

These are not the form teams its Morton!

If we win this one it always means less games to play catch up in, all these games are now 6 pointers, if they lose and we win the gap opens considerably in our favour!!!!

Keith_M
17-02-2017, 07:43 PM
A banana skin is only dangerous if you stand on it. :cb

Actually, that's a fallacy. It's not possible to slip on a banana skin.

A Turd, on the other hand...

swordin3
17-02-2017, 08:31 PM
This the opportunity for us to show a mean streak and some steel and get past this game with 3 points.
If United co@k up we are opening up a lead that should never be overtaken. C'mon Hibees show a bit of character.:flag::flag::flag:

edwards
17-02-2017, 08:34 PM
The team better be up for this as Yogi will have them up for us Cmon the hibees

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Remember this folks? A taste of what to expect. Clogging.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/5369306.stm

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2017, 10:01 PM
So what back four?

SirDavidsNapper
17-02-2017, 10:20 PM
That Bobby Barr is one odious little hun welt. For that reason alone I hope we spank them.

GreenCastle
17-02-2017, 10:29 PM
That Bobby Barr is one odious little hun welt. For that reason alone I hope we spank them.

Was he the nobody at ER last time giving it big licks to the East stand at the end of the game ?

Odd behaviour and the cup final win must have hurt him.

17-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Was he the nobody at ER last time giving it big licks to the East stand at the end of the game ?

Yeah a weird little character.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2017, 03:38 AM
Raith have 2 of their regular back 4, McHattie and Davidson, suspended and their first choice goalie is injured, so we cant complain about injuries in this one.

Not so worried about this game but we still need to go out and win it ,with the players at our disposal But the above evens things out

Jim44
18-02-2017, 06:56 AM

A Turd, on the other hand...

Pedant alert. :greengrin

Glory Lurker
18-02-2017, 07:05 AM

Pedant alert. :greengrin

Keekaboo, I let this go last night, but now I see it's getting a bit of traction (as it were). You absolutely can slip on a banana skin. Suggesting otherwise is irresponsible and could lead to people taking unintended risks when they see a discarded skin. I suspect you know that (and probably you, too, J44) but it suits your agenda as a pro-bananaist or something to say the opposite. This post-truth stuff is getting out of control!

BEWARE DISCARDED BANANA SKINS, FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Smartie
18-02-2017, 07:07 AM

He's a nobody who has had a couple of pretty decent games against us.

They've not got much, but he'll need to be watched.

southsider
18-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Why not go for broke and sign Leigh. If he was any further out the picture at parkheid he would be down a mine.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Keekaboo, I let this go last night, but now I see it's getting a bit of traction (as it were). You absolutely can slip on a banana skin. Suggesting otherwise is irresponsible and could lead to people taking unintended risks when they see a discarded skin. I suspect you know that (and probably you, too, J44) but it suits your agenda as a pro-bananaist or something to say the opposite. This post-truth stuff is getting out of control!

BEWARE DISCARDED BANANA SKINS, FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I let it slide lastnight also.

As a former Wm Low temp employee on the produce section - 'its true. Done it a few times. I've Also seen a guy trip and look back (as you do) and wondered what was the cause - yes banana skin.

tamig
18-02-2017, 09:35 AM
He's a nobody who has had a couple of pretty decent games against us.

They've not got much, but he'll need to be watched.

Aye, he was at Morton when they tanked us at ER at the start of that nightmare run last season. Barr was the one who did the damage.

matty_f
18-02-2017, 09:47 AM

As a former Wm Low temp employee on the produce section - 'its true. Done it a few times. I've Also seen a guy trip and look back (as you do) and wondered what was the cause - yes banana skin.

If Mario Kart taught us anything, it's that banana skins are slippy. :agree:

Eyrie
18-02-2017, 11:48 AM

I can confirm that it is possible to slip on a banana skin, at least when playing football in the school playground.

JimBHibees
18-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Also got Bartley sent off in the last game at Raith.

hibsdaft
18-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Remember this folks? A taste of what to expect. Clogging.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/5369306.stm

I've found myself thinking about that game too. often do when we come up against a Yogi team but particularly this week. That was a masterclass is dirty cheating underhand tactics that day.

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2017, 12:29 PM

I swear that a few years ago when my other half was looking for a job there was a position at Fyffes ( in Livingstone I think ) as a 'Banana ripener' ....... exactly what part does a human have to play in the process? I've always wondered :greengrin

Alex Trager
18-02-2017, 12:40 PM
I swear that a few years ago when my other half was looking for a job there was a position at Fyffes ( in Livingstone I think ) as a 'Banana ripener' ....... exactly what part does a human have to play in the process? I've always wondered :greengrin

This thread is on a banana shaped slippery slope to nowhere

emerald green
18-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Guaranteed Hughes will have Raith up to every trick in the book this afternoon. Niggling fouls, bad fouls, time wasting, complaining to the referee, anything to break up play whether legally or illegally. The usual s*** seen so often in this league.

Hibs have to keep their cool, be 100% focused, and take their chances. First goal will be all important.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Guaranteed Hughes will have Raith up to every trick in the book this afternoon. Niggling fouls, bad fouls, time wasting, complaining to the referee, anything to break up play whether legally or illegally. The usual s*** seen so often in this league.

Hibs have to keep their cool, be 100% focused, and take their chances. First goal will be all important.
Our away form is good If we keep 11 men on pitch cant see anything but a narrow Hibs win which will be fine under circumstances
Whether we have squad to wn three in a row this week Only time will tell