PDA

View Full Version : NHC Edinburgh city

Leith's finest
16-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Ex hertz manager J.Jeffries has joined edinburgh city as sporting director, they could have done worse an got him as manager along with "i've been places Brown" as his number 2

JIm
16-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Ex hertz manager J.Jeffries has joined edinburgh city as sporting director, they could have done worse an got him as manager along with "i've been places Brown" as his number 2

Whilst he's clearly and outdated auld yam fud i'm sure he will bring something to the table for Gary & Ross. Contacts if nothing else......

Waxy
16-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Looking to turn another club into mini jambos now that Raith have ditched them.

JimBHibees
16-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Whilst he's clearly and outdated auld yam fud i'm sure he will bring something to the table for Gary & Ross. Contacts if nothing else......

Hope that is how it works rather than maybe trying to take over

JIm
16-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Hope that is how it works rather than maybe trying to take over

I'd be amazed. Knowing the management team their they have performed miracles this year and can only see them going from strength to strength. Both Gary and Ross fantastic guys, great knowledge and good coaches, wouldn't even be surprised to see a big offer come in at some stage if they keep progressing the club the way they have.

Saying that you just never know with boards/committees/

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Looking to turn another club into mini jambos now that Raith have ditched them.

Think you've got the wrong guy

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Ideal appointment, brings with him a wealth of experience and a network of contacts that they would never have.

macca70
16-02-2017, 07:23 PM
I'd be amazed. Knowing the management team their they have performed miracles this year and can only see them going from strength to strength. Both Gary and Ross fantastic guys, great knowledge and good coaches, wouldn't even be surprised to see a big offer come in at some stage if they keep progressing the club the way they have.

Saying that you just never know with boards/committees/

Surely unlikely that someone would make a big offer if they go straight back down and out the leagues, which is a possibility as they are 2nd bottom but Only 3 points ahead of Cowdenbeath who have 2 games in hand.

I suppose this season was just about survival as it was a massive step up then build from there.

cabbageandribs1875
16-02-2017, 07:58 PM
any hibs fans that frequent that Edinburgh City supporters club(ex Loch inn) will now be subsidising jeffries salary :eek::jamboak:

in 10 years time they will be paying players over-inflated salaries, taken 50% of the hibs support, bought our ground and leased us meadowbank to play all our home games, we will then be known as the Real Lochenders instead of the Docksiders :(

i'm telling yi

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 09:24 PM
any hibs fans that frequent that Edinburgh City supporters club(ex Loch inn) will now be subsidising jeffries salary :eek::jamboak:

in 10 years time they will be paying players over-inflated salaries, taken 50% of the hibs support, bought our ground and leased us meadowbank to play all our home games, we will then be known as the Real Lochenders instead of the Docksiders :(

i'm telling yi

This is all true I attended the ECFC match against Arbroath (which they lost but in the great scheme of things is irrelevant) they also have a bunch of under 11s that make the CCS look like a girl guides jamboree.

Edinburgh City FC the future of football in Edinburgh nay Scotland nay Britain nay Europe.

Joking aside, I enjoyed my visit there and wish them all the best, they will never rival Hibs, Hearts obviously will feel the heat from the Citizens..

:wink:

BullsCloseHibs
16-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Any lingering thoughts I had of watching Edinburgh city have now evaporated after big nose JJs appointment. How crap.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Any lingering thoughts I had of watching Edinburgh city have now evaporated after big nose JJs appointment. How crap.

Never understood this attitude though I realise it is a common one amongst our support.

Dunbar Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Never understood this attitude though I realise it is a common one amongst our support.

cos fat JJ is a hearts ****?

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Just as well I have a different attitude or Stubbsy's appointment would have seen me pack in the Hibs.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Just as well I have a different attitude or Stubbsy's appointment would have seen me pack in the Hibs.

Not to mention me being from Blackpool and Hibs signing the "Nobber" Humphrey.

Who Edinburgh City sign is pretty irrelevant. Good luck to them (other than encounters with Hibs obviously)

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2017, 10:53 PM

Yes, I agree. Jefferies has a lot of experience in Scottish game, and he won't be in it for the money, trying to make a contribution to City, who are struggling to find their feet in league football.

I retain a soft spot for him, because of his 0-7 (Hearts player) 6-2 (Hearts manager) and 5-1 (Killie manager) contributions to our history.

SanFranHibs
17-02-2017, 02:13 AM
Yes, I agree. Jefferies has a lot of experience in Scottish game, and he won't be in it for the money, trying to make a contribution to City, who are struggling to find their feet in league football.

I retain a soft spot for him, because of his 0-7 (Hearts player) 6-2 (Hearts manager) and 5-1 (Killie manager) contributions to our history.

If Edinburgh City ever got 'big' who do you think they would take fans from or potential fans from?

I will be honest and say I don't even check their results. 2 teams in Edinburgh is one too many for me.....

danhibees1875
17-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Surely unlikely that someone would make a big offer if they go straight back down and out the leagues, which is a possibility as they are 2nd bottom but Only 3 points ahead of Cowdenbeath who have 2 games in hand.

I suppose this season was just about survival as it was a massive step up then build from there.

Cowdenbeath have had a bit of a nightmare! That's them in a good position for a third consecutive relegation!