View Full Version : Mark McGhee

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Hahahaha! https://twitter.com/garrystitchell/status/831985818550026240

silverhibee
15-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Hahahaha! https://twitter.com/garrystitchell/status/831985818550026240

Lee Wallace seen everything. :greengrin

What a tosser, assaulted the ref and then committed a breach of the peace by lunging at fans, or is that assault as well.

Scottish police will have to act on this one, should be interesting.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 12:20 AM
The absolute pounding Motherwell got last night hopefully puts the Yams result against them into perspective. Looks like MM has lost the plot, could be in real bother for this :greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Fans love sticking players and managers away eh.

SirDavidsNapper
16-02-2017, 12:27 AM
They know how to treat their club legends up Aberdeen. Roasters

JackLadd
16-02-2017, 03:10 AM
A bit disrespectful. The guy was a great player for them, albeit not a great manager.

Smartie
16-02-2017, 03:29 AM
A bit disrespectful. The guy was a great player for them, albeit not a great manager.

This was exactly what I thought when I watched the clip.

We've had a few "abrasive characters" who represented us with distinction as players and went on to have mixed managerial careers, sometimes coming back to ER with other clubs.

I'd be disgusted if a player who played such s major role in bringing a European trophy and league championships back was treated in such a way.

BH Hibs
16-02-2017, 05:24 AM

On the other hand I'm sure it was Aberdeen he was with when he said he'd rather be in the other dugout managing Celtic or something along those lines.

Hibby Bairn
16-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Another guy who keeps getting jobs for no real reason based on track record.

Brightside
16-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Fans love sticking players and managers away eh.

In this case. GOOD! The man is a *****. Should not be near an SFA role.

FC Leige
16-02-2017, 08:24 AM
How can we criticise other fans for abusing ex players. Andy Goram who many regarded as our greatest ever keeper was attacked on the pitch. Darren Jackson who's goals kept us up in the 96-97 season got pelters. Crunchie McCallister was abused when he came back with Falkirk. Some Hibs fans in the hospitality section at Falkirk were arrested for racially abusing Latapy. As for managers we were quick to turn on Stanton, Blackley, Mixu and Yogi as soon as things went wrong.
We are hardly innocent when it comes to turning on our own

matty_f
16-02-2017, 08:27 AM
How can we criticise other fans for abusing ex players. Andy Goram who many regarded as our greatest ever keeper was attacked on the pitch. Darren Jackson who's goals kept us up in the 96-97 season got pelters. Crunchie McCallister was abused when he came back with Falkirk. Some Hibs fans in the hospitality section at Falkirk were arrested for racially abusing Latapy. As for managers we were quick to turn on Stanton, Blackley, Mixu and Yogi as soon as things went wrong.

One person even grudged Liam Henderson a ticket for the derby! :greengrin

since90plustwo
16-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Not a club legend but Dean Shiels got all the one eyed jokes when he came back. Some fans have short memories

easty
16-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Not a club legend but Dean Shiels got all the one eyed jokes when he came back. Some fans have short memories

Did he? I genuinely never heard anyone saying anything like that about him after he left.

Diclonius
16-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Not sure whether to berate the Aberdeen fans for abusing one of their own, or to laugh at McGhee's reaction. "Is this allowed? Get that to f-" - classic.

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Classless from the wee dons yet again their fans really are pathetic. If Stanton For example got treated like that by hibs fans I would be gutted. Small club syndrome yet again from the sheep

JimBHibees
16-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Did he? I genuinely never heard anyone saying anything like that about him after he left.

Agree have never heard any Hibees referencing that and would be pulled up by other fans if they did IMO. Only dreadful yam patter

hibsbollah
16-02-2017, 09:12 AM

WTF?

Youre going to have to provide links to some of those stories. And a definition of how many 'fans', and what constitutes 'abuse'.

marinello59
16-02-2017, 09:16 AM

When?

Alex Trager
16-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Classless from the wee dons yet again their fans really are pathetic. If Stanton For example got treated like that by hibs fans I would be gutted. Small club syndrome yet again from the sheep

How does that make them a wee club?

Genuinely?

It's pretty entertaining

Hiber-nation
16-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Crunchie McCallister was abused when he came back with Falkirk.

Stop making things up.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Stop making things up.

McAllister & Latapy were always given a warm welcome when they came back to face us, as have many others Jim Leighton is another who was always particularly well received.

erin go bragh
16-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Me either ! I can remember three stands at the PBS singing about him m having one eye .
But have never heard a Hibs fan saying it .

superfurryhibby
16-02-2017, 09:53 AM
WTF?

Youre going to have to provide links to some of those stories. And a definition of how many 'fans', and what constitutes 'abuse'.

Not sure aboutbthe others mentioned, but I do remember being shocked and disgusted when a song about Darren Jackson and a tumour was sang with gusto in a pub in Easter Road before a game against Celtic.

I guess all clubs have their share of ****wits, ours included. That said, it was a funny video and McGhee was a bit daft thinking he could just be in the stand and not get pelters.

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2017, 10:14 AM
The abuse of Latapy at Falkirk? also happened. I was at school with one of the guys who was convicted for it.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/VIP+FAN+BANNED+FOR+RACE+TAUNTS%3B+EXCLUSIVE+Club's +fury+at+vile+attack...-a0179123788

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
16-02-2017, 10:59 AM
The abuse of Latapy at Falkirk? also happened. I was at school with one of the guys who was convicted for it.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/VIP+FAN+BANNED+FOR+RACE+TAUNTS%3B+EXCLUSIVE+Club's +fury+at+vile+attack...-a0179123788

One dickhead who was confronted

Spudster
16-02-2017, 11:01 AM
On the other hand I'm sure it was Aberdeen he was with when he said he'd rather be in the other dugout managing Celtic or something along those lines.

Said it in his first ever press conference when unveiled as manager. Something along the lines of "we all know this wasn't my first choice" after he never got the Celtic job. Then got beat 9-0 at Parkhead, also very recently suggested Derek McInnes going to rangers would be good for McInnes and Rangers. Comes as no surprise they hate him.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 11:07 AM

Did he? ...... Not by anybody who sits near me mate, I would have remembered punching them :aok:

HappyHanlon
16-02-2017, 11:13 AM
I seem to recall a pagger in the Roseburn before a Derby because some wee fud was singing a song about Darren Jackson. Police emptied majority of pub.

since90plustwo
16-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Yeaah was either in the 1-0 play off or 2-1 hanlon game

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 01:52 PM
How does that make them a wee club?

Genuinely?

It's pretty entertaining

They are a wee club they act as if they are massive when in reality they are a small club. They suffer from delusions of grandeur. Aberdeen FC, the fans and the people behind the club are cluelsss clowns. Horrible club.

bigwheel
16-02-2017, 02:13 PM

quite a Yammish tone there....Aberdeen are a big club in Scottish Context - can fill their end at Hampden on a final, can get 20k+ for big games...Have a bigger playing budget than us or Hearts currently. No idea why in Scotland they could be called "small"

Alex Trager
16-02-2017, 02:17 PM
They are a wee club they act as if they are massive when in reality they are a small club. They suffer from delusions of grandeur. Aberdeen FC, the fans and the people behind the club are cluelsss clowns. Horrible club.

I totally agree.

But I don't see how the video adds to it

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 02:18 PM
quite a Yammish tone there....Aberdeen are a big club in Scottish Context - can fill their end at Hampden on a final, can get 20k+ for big games...Have a bigger playing budget than us or Hearts currently. No idea why in Scotland they could be called "small"

We fill our end at hampden and at home. currently we have a higher average gate than the sheep from a lower division yet we remain grounded unlike the Sheep.

bigwheel
16-02-2017, 02:20 PM
We fill our end at hampden and at home. currently we have a higher average gate than the sheep from a lower division yet we remain grounded unlike the Sheep.

lol doesn't really mean they are a "wee" club...Anyway, you seem to have a "thing" about Aberdeen...keep firing away - might be a laugh! :thumbsup:

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 02:20 PM
I totally agree.

But I don't see how the video adds to it

The video shows you a typical Aberdeen fan.

hibsbollah
16-02-2017, 02:23 PM

That sort of makes my point for me. One drunk racist in hospitality, whether Hibs fan or not, doesn't constitute a pattern. Latapy always got a good reception when he came back, so did Whittaker and a load of others I could mention. Ian Murray, not so much.

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 02:23 PM
lol doesn't really mean they are a "wee" club...Anyway, you seem to have a "thing" about Aberdeen...keep firing away - might be a laugh! :thumbsup:

If you had to live around their fans you would understand why I have a "thing"

bigwheel
16-02-2017, 02:24 PM

ah...I get it now... keep on going then..as I said...could be fun :greengrin

HoboHarry
16-02-2017, 02:30 PM
McGhee's behaviour is atrocious and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself as I am sure his employers are. When Malpas was swearing at Hibs fans he was correctly lambasted on here but in Aberdeens case it's the fans to blame?

If McGhee continues to act the fool then he can expect to get laughed at frankly.

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 02:30 PM
ah...I get it now... keep on going then..as I said...could be fun :greengrin

I enjoyed the fact that Aberdeen folded when we last played them and hibs tore them a new backside. That malonga goal was sweet. I never heard a peep from the sheep after that game. Had they won I would have been bombarded with texts, calls and emails.

The Green Goblin
16-02-2017, 02:33 PM

When was that? and who did it?

bigwheel
16-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I enjoyed the fact that Aberdeen folded when we last played them and hibs tore them a new backside. That malonga goal was sweet. I never heard a peep from the sheep after that game. Had they won I would have been bombarded with texts, calls and emails.

Can imagine the pain...my Brother in law is a Dons fan - he's a good guy..just friendly banter...and yes, that Malonga goal was indeed a bit special!

Brightside
16-02-2017, 03:02 PM
The video shows you a typical Aberdeen fan.

Mark McGhee? They can't all be as bad as him surely.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Mark McGhee reminds me of Deputy Dog and he always looks like he is smelling something not nice.

Stokesy's on fire
16-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Mark McGhee? They can't all be as bad as him surely.

They are worse

FC Leige
16-02-2017, 05:01 PM
WTF?

You're going to have to provide links to some of those stories. And a definition of how many 'fans', and what constitutes 'abuse'. Im afraid i dont know how many fans gave abuse and who shouted what. I just didnt have the inclination to start counting them and writing down specific comments even 15 years ago when i was full of energy. The boy that hit Goram got the jail so im sure that one is up for a googling.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Surely he'll be cited for his behaviour towards the 4th official. Did something similar at Dundee v Motherwell pre Xmas

HoboHarry
16-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Surely he'll be cited for his behaviour towards the 4th official. Did something similar at Dundee v Motherwell pre Xmas
He should be cited separately for his behaviour towards the referee, the 4th official and the fan at the end of the clip. His arrogance is just breathtaking.......

Carheenlea
16-02-2017, 05:50 PM

What is it about Aberdeen then that has people moving there, loving the city and the North East, but despising the football club and taking great pleasure at any misfortune they encounter?!
I have a cousin who lives up there who fits that bill and have heard many others talking in a similar vein. Sure the poster Marinello has posted similar before as well!

Radium
16-02-2017, 05:56 PM
I would have thought that one of the outcomes should be that when managers are sent off they go down the tunnel and don't get to watch the match.

Also notice that he is blaming the 4th official because their attitude was wrong from the start. Even suggested that the official spoiled the match for him. Wasn't that upset by the score line and in the BBC interview says he was having a laugh.

Man's a balloon [emoji324]

Furious Motherwell manager Mark McGhee is sent to the Pittodrie stand
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/38994202

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolman
16-02-2017, 07:15 PM
It's always somebody else's fault and never his

Probably trying to reflect away from his team getting well and truly rogered

silverhibee
16-02-2017, 07:33 PM
The former Aberdeen boss was sent to the stand during his team's 7-2 defeat at Pittodrie on Wednesday and then reacted angrily towards Dons fans.

And he could be in further trouble after claiming he had been the victim of an "agenda" as he criticised fourth official John McKendrick, accusing him of being "aggressive and hostile".

The Scotland assistant manager was ejected from the dugout by referee Alan Muir after an hour on the basis of McKendrick's advice.

McGhee declared himself "absolutely disgusted and horrified by the attitude of the fourth official".

He added: "Before a ball was kicked, he was causing issues that didn't exist."

Asked if he would be speaking to the Scottish Football Association's head of referees, John Fleming, McGhee continued: "John Fleming? I'll be speaking to a lawyer. I can only think there is an agenda."

That will go down well with his employers at the SFA.

ancient hibee
16-02-2017, 08:32 PM
It's always somebody else's fault and never his

Probably trying to reflect away from his team getting well and truly rogered

Like a lot of sheep obviously.

SirDavidsNapper
16-02-2017, 08:46 PM

How long since they last won the Scottish Cup now? Hehe.

Aberdeen do annoy me. For the 5th largest club in Scotland their attendances are woeful. Imagine they were toiling in league.

BullsCloseHibs
16-02-2017, 10:05 PM
They know how to treat their club legends up Aberdeen. Roasters

I'm not a fan of MMcG however the way Dons supporters treated him was nothing short of disgraceful. He was an 83 legend, was he not?

Brains of Jambo's.

BullsCloseHibs
16-02-2017, 10:06 PM

Aberdeen do annoy me. For the 5th largest club in Scotland their attendances are woeful. Imagine they were toiling in league.

....and their stadium is a dump

Stokesy's on fire
17-02-2017, 11:23 AM
What is it about Aberdeen then that has people moving there, loving the city and the North East, but despising the football club and taking great pleasure at any misfortune they encounter?!
I have a cousin who lives up there who fits that bill and have heard many others talking in a similar vein. Sure the poster Marinello has posted similar before as well!

I don’t love the city I have lived in Aberdeenshire all of my life and grew up supporting the Hibees. A lot of University students from Edinburgh come up to study and they learn pretty quickly that Aberdeen fans are complete and utter arse holes. I still remember how upset they were when Hibs won the league cup in 2007 brilliant!

Stokesy's on fire
17-02-2017, 11:26 AM

They had a ***** attendance midweek and they are not the media darlings they thought they were :wink:

mjhibby
17-02-2017, 02:34 PM
He should be cited separately for his behaviour towards the referee, the 4th official and the fan at the end of the clip. His arrogance is just breathtaking.......

I don't see the point of 4th official. When games get tense it's the 4th official who gets it in the neck. Plus some of them become the centre of attention when their job is to stop that happening. McGhee is a trumpet who will get his p45 soon enough but do agree that the 4th official can make matters worse rather than better.

keep the faith
17-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Original video seems to have been taken down.

mjhibby
17-02-2017, 02:38 PM
They had a ***** attendance midweek and they are not the media darlings they thought they were :wink:

The dons crowds are just an indication of the malaise in Scottish football. Hibs and Hertz crowds are way above the normal average but the dons crowds are very worrying for the board if the really are serious in building a new stadium. Definitely media darlings and the likes of Willie miller bore the pants off everbody bumming up them and Hertz. Wouldn't mind if they had sides to justify the praise but they are bang average sides as we have shown in the last couple of seasons.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Storm in a teacup. His adrenalin was pumping after the touchline rammy, and he took a bit of abuse from the home support. He's a bawbag but.

SirDavidsNapper
17-02-2017, 03:10 PM
The dons crowds are just an indication of the malaise in Scottish football. Hibs and Hertz crowds are way above the normal average but the dons crowds are very worrying for the board if the really are serious in building a new stadium. Definitely media darlings and the likes of Willie miller bore the pants off everbody bumming up them and Hertz. Wouldn't mind if they had sides to justify the praise but they are bang average sides as we have shown in the last couple of seasons.

Agree with this. I think their support will plummet even more with this stadium move. Must be infuriating for the owners. They can't do any more on the park. They won a trophy for first time in 20 odd years and been consistently second in league for a few seasons now. They've had a couple sell outs to the uglies which bumps up their average but generally it's dire. The media love in bugs me too. Richard Gordon clearly has a dislike for us and his over use of our Christian name Hibernian is just annoying. I remember him stating he had a soft spot for Hearts years ago which left a source taste. Love when we turn them over. Aberdeen are the epitome of a club thinking they are something they aren't. Rant over.

Hibernia&Alba
17-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Agree with this. I think their support will plummet even more with this stadium move. Must be infuriating for the owners. They can't do any more on the park. They won a trophy for first time in 20 odd years and been consistently second in league for a few seasons now. They've had a couple sell outs to the uglies which bumps up their average but generally it's dire. The media love in bugs me too. Richard Gordon clearly has a dislike for us and his over use of our Christian name Hibernian is just annoying. I remember him stating he had a soft spot for Hearts years ago which left a source taste. Love when we turn them over. Aberdeen are the epitome of a club thinking they are something they aren't. Rant over.

Perhaps that's a consequence of being a one club city, in combination with their dominance in the Fergie era.

SirDavidsNapper
17-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Perhaps that's a consequence of being a one club city, in combination with their dominance in the Fergie era.

As much as that era was good at the time for them it's been a hindrance for them since. Compare everything to it.

Is It On....
17-02-2017, 06:30 PM

I have to agree. They are also not fans (to put it mildly) of Sevco2012 which is a major positive in my view.

Stokesy's on fire
17-02-2017, 09:39 PM
I have to agree. They are also not fans (to put it mildly) of Sevco2012 which is a major positive in my view.

everyones hates the Huns!

Stokesy's on fire
17-02-2017, 09:40 PM

Richard Gordon and Willie Miller are pair of complete roasters!

Baader
17-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Completely indifferent to Mark McGhee but reacting to a fan up close calling you "a f****** clown" I think is fair game. He was a big part of Aberdeen's greatest ever team and should be shown a bit more respect than that. Bet that same supporter probably bangs on about those days as well.. :rolleyes:

northstandhibby
17-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Apologies if repeating any similar previous posts but i felt zero emotion at this so called story. The biggest story in scots football was the new huns sacking their managerial team and presenting it as resignations but apparently not according to kenny mac et al at the beeb. I switched off when Cathy was given an airing on how directors of football (the real bosses) should be referred to. Its an ever emerging (hun) new topic being pushed to the forefront to distract attention away from the real issues methinks

Whats next weeks distraction? What's Cathy's view on how to kick a football?

glory glory

Moody Blues
17-02-2017, 11:15 PM
do you not think the fans comments to him were out of order.Or are you just saying that it is ok for the fan to slag of Mcghee but if he responds then he should be cited. Jesus how fickle is that.

HoboHarry
18-02-2017, 12:27 AM
do you not think the fans comments to him were out of order.Or are you just saying that it is ok for the fan to slag of Mcghee but if he responds then he should be cited. Jesus how fickle is that.
Can you show me where I said the fans behaviour was appropriate? What's that got to do with it? McGhee, as a public figure, is responsible for his own actions and they were a disgrace.

Moody Blues
18-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Can you show me where I said the fans behaviour was appropriate? What's that got to do with it? McGhee, as a public figure, is responsible for his own actions and they were a disgrace.

Dont agree with you on this, as a previous poster stated his team is getting hammered and his adrenalin is pumping and then a fan calls him a effin clown...how would you react.
But then we are all entitled to our own opinions.

--------
18-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Dont agree with you on this, as a previous poster stated his team is getting hammered and his adrenalin is pumping and then a fan calls him a effin clown...how would you react.
But then we are all entitled to our own opinions.

McGhee isn't one of my favourite football people (by a long way) but when he's getting all sorts of abuse from the crowd - and we know how bad that abuse can get once the big-mouths get going - it's understandable that he reacted, especially when a guy goes face-to-face swearing and abusing him and the police and stewards say nothing.

I've never quite got the argument that just because I pay my entrance money I'm thereby permitted to say whatever I like about whomever I like on the pitch or in the dugouts - or even in the directors' box on occasion ...

And at the top of my voice.

Eyrie
18-02-2017, 11:51 AM
McGhee isn't one of my favourite football people (by a long way) but when he's getting all sorts of abuse from the crowd - and we know how bad that abuse can get once the big-mouths get going - it's understandable that he reacted, especially when a guy goes face-to-face swearing and abusing him and the police and stewards say nothing.

I've never quite got the argument that just because I pay my entrance money I'm thereby permitted to say whatever I like about whomever I like on the pitch or in the dugouts - or even in the directors' box on occasion ...

And at the top of my voice.

Agreed. How many of these big mouthed morons would appreciate being on the receiving end of such rants when doing their own job?