PDA

View Full Version : East Stand PA System

SuperAllyMcleod
15-02-2017, 08:08 PM
As an East Stand Season Ticket holder I long ago came to realise that announcements made over the PA system were not for the likes of me - how could they be, they are muffled and impossible to hear clearly?

However, did anyone notice the announcement at half time during the Ayr game? It was about the incident in St Clair St and was clear as a bell in the East.

Unfortunately, after that we were back to the usual muffled nonsense from our stadium announcer.

Therefore, I can only assume that the issue lies somewhere else - the radio mic used by our announcer as he patrols the touch line perhaps?

Anyway, if there are any fan reps looking in then perhaps they could get this looked into - could save the club a small fortune as fans have moaned about not hearing anything in the East for years.

h185forever
15-02-2017, 08:17 PM
It's not just the East ......I find the West just as bad ...but it's a good shout re the mike

ColinNish
15-02-2017, 08:18 PM
As an East Stand Season Ticket holder I long ago came to realise that announcements made over the PA system were not for the likes of me - how could they be, they are muffled and impossible to hear clearly?

However, did anyone notice the announcement at half time during the Ayr game? It was about the incident in St Clair St and was clear as a bell in the East.

Unfortunately, after that we were back to the usual muffled nonsense from our stadium announcer.

Therefore, I can only assume that the issue lies somewhere else - the radio mic used by our announcer as he patrols the touch line perhaps?

Anyway, if there are any fan reps looking in then perhaps they could get this looked into - could save the club a small fortune as fans have moaned about not hearing anything in the East for years.

I believe that the announcement about the incident is made on a different tannoy system from the announcer. Dinnae ask me how it works, it was mentioned at the fans rep meeting in September. Frank and @Amit know about it.

SChibs
15-02-2017, 08:22 PM
The safety announcements are probably made from a guy sitting in the south stand with a proper tannoy. The other guy will have a microphone like people are saying and I agree that is probably where the problem lies

Sir David Gray
15-02-2017, 08:46 PM
I didn't think the safety announcement was all that clear to be honest.

The PA system in the east stand (at least where I sit) is shocking and needs to be looked at.

RyeSloan
15-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Is anything that's said over the tannoy ever worth listening to? Having lived in the East all my Hibs days I've never heard a word of them [emoji23]

Skol
15-02-2017, 08:47 PM
To be fair, the east stand tannoy is much improved from the old days before the new stand. That was bad

SuperAllyMcleod
15-02-2017, 09:24 PM
The safety announcements are probably made from a guy sitting in the south stand with a proper tannoy.

You're probably right but it shouldn't take much to allow them to share the same system?

macca70
15-02-2017, 09:29 PM
I believe that the announcement about the incident is made on a different tannoy system from the announcer. Dinnae ask me how it works, it was mentioned at the fans rep meeting in September. Frank and @Amit know about it.

What's discussed at those meetings is confidential though?!

ColinNish
15-02-2017, 09:35 PM
What's discussed at those meetings is confidential though?!

No its not.

ColinNish
15-02-2017, 09:36 PM
You're probably right but it shouldn't take much to allow them to share the same system?

I believe they're not allowed to use the same system.

macca70
15-02-2017, 10:05 PM
No its not.

Apologies, I should really have had a winky smiley