Should be retrospectively banned. Pars go out because of this

Agreed.

Thompson in a great position as well a few yards away

Hibee Mac
15-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Wow that's an awful decision

Hiber-nation
15-02-2017, 05:40 PM
How can this clown still be allowed to referee at this level? It's beyond belief.

kaimendhibs
15-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Total shocker

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mikey
15-02-2017, 05:46 PM
How can this clown still be allowed to referee at this level? It's beyond belief.

He still referees at this level because he's at the top of the tree and has a lot of clout. He's the fox that runs the chicken coop.

Smartie
15-02-2017, 05:56 PM
These ones can be hard to call at real time and full speed but Thomson has made a howler there. Again.

I strongly believe we should be helping referees more to make the right decision, because one look at a replay and you can see that that is outside the box, whereas I think it's quite difficult at normal speed.

Is it too much to ask to get youngsters from Hamilton college or the like to film the game and to get Thomson to nip to the side of the pitch for as long as it takes to tend to an injury?

Referees would get less stick if they consistently got the biggest calls right.

I'd only propose this for the biggest decisions - penalties, red cards, disallowed goals etc.

The Pars shouldn't be going out the cup off the back of this.

We're talking about a team trying to reach the quarter finals of our national cup competition. Would it really cost too much to ensure we got these decisions right?

Deansy
15-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Were the Pars robbed last night, 30 seconds in
Make your own mind up

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38949350

In the BBC report -

'.................... when Scott McCann ran into the penalty area, he was clearly tripped by Morris'

Yet the BBC match-commentator said -

'contact - IF any - appears to be outside the box'

Imho, never a penalty - no contact plus it was outside the box. How many times is CT, the bent, jambo-loving s*um going to get away with incredibly inept pefomances ?

lapsedhibee
15-02-2017, 06:20 PM
In the BBC report -

'.................... when Scott McCann ran into the penalty area, he was clearly tripped by Morris'

Tripped? FFS.

brianmc
15-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Jeezo! That's a horrific call from the ref..
Not his worst penalty shout in the Scottish Cup though is it?

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Thompson. Inept cheat embarrising joke

AlbertK86
15-02-2017, 06:30 PM
He should be sacked once and for all.

Makes major mistakes every week

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2017, 06:33 PM
the hamilton player started falling down before any contact with the pars defender....cheat, hope he's proud of himself

greenginger
15-02-2017, 06:34 PM
That dive would embarrass a Yam !

#persevered
15-02-2017, 06:38 PM
That was awful. Total dive and a yard outside the box. Robbed.

fat freddy
15-02-2017, 06:45 PM
I saw the title and thought it was another thread about the state of tynecastle

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Thats awful, by the player and the ref. Its not surprising that the ref gave the wrong decision though, he does it so often now nobody is in the least surprised anymore. :rolleyes:

StPauli
15-02-2017, 06:58 PM
How many times does he have to get a decision like this wrong before something is done about it. The winner has a money spinning tie with the losers of last years cup final and as such the monies gained from that tie could have meant a lot to Dunfermline. :confused:

iwasthere1972
15-02-2017, 07:02 PM
That's an absolute shocker of a decision. Not even close to being a penalty.

iwasthere1972
15-02-2017, 07:03 PM
That dive would embarrass a Yam !

I don't think so. They would be proud of it.

Carheenlea
15-02-2017, 07:11 PM
I`m starting to side with the referees more nowadays. It`s not they who are cheating, it`s the players.
While TV evidence is handy for these blatant acts of diving, most penalty claims are down to opinion rather than fact, but if referees had access to watch themselves, it would help their decision making.
Rather than castigate officials, we should be demanding harsher punishment for cheating, and cheating that is now spoiling the sport more than poor refereeing.

O'Rourke3
15-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Anyone remember playing "Dead man falls"? That is a ridiculous dive.

WYHibbees
15-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Awful dive, awful call – never a foul, but even then never a pen. Agree that the players are putting referees in a no-win situation – retrospective bans/fines have to be considered. Instant replay is terrible and slows games down to a crawl, but might be better than games being decided by floppy *****s.

monktonharp
15-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Anyone remember playing "Dead man falls"? That is a ridiculous dive.remember it well, but at least you were only pretending in that game. this one was serious and no penalty. when it went to a penalty shoot out I new who'd win ....they have a history of that, at crucial times :duck:

snooky
15-02-2017, 11:06 PM
That's an absolute shocker of a decision. Not even close to being a penalty.

It's at within a yard outside the box - defo a pen. (Ref: CT Rule Book)

mjhibby
16-02-2017, 03:16 AM
the hamilton player started falling down before any contact with the pars defender....cheat, hope he's proud of himself

I hate it when commentators say if there is contact players are entitled to go down. It's a contact sport for gods sake. Pens should only be given for clear fouls in the box. It seems there is many more pens given these days and far too many games are decided by them. Be interesting to see stats say compared to thirty years ago. Video technology should be used. If it gets the correct decision much more of the time bring it on. Too many teams have players who are practised in diving and await a challenge then go down . Horrible to see it decide games.

Waxy
16-02-2017, 06:27 AM
Shocker of a dive but at least it was in the 19 yard box.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Wow, just wow. No wonder refs get accused of being cheats.

I have some sympathy when pundits need to watch replay after replay before criticising the ref for a poor decision.

But that decision, just like the pen given to the Jumbos by CT in that Cup Final, is a shocker. You only need to look at it once to see that it is a dive and outside the box. Should have been a clear yellow for diving, instead Dunfy are out the Cup.

Smartie
16-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Wow, just wow. No wonder refs get accused of being cheats.

I have some sympathy when pundits need to watch replay after replay before criticising the ref for a poor decision.

But that decision, just like the pen given to the Jumbos by CT in that Cup Final, is a shocker. You only need to look at it once to see that it is a dive and outside the box. Should have been a clear yellow for diving, instead Dunfy are out the Cup.

I disagree to an extent.

I think these decisions are often the hardest ones for a referee to get right at normal speed.

Is the foul where the initial contact takes place or where the player eventually falls over?

It can be very hard to pinpoint the exact spot at the time, but very easy with one replay.

There also used to be a "be the linesman" thing on the internet somewhere where you had to try to get various offside calls right with players running in opposite directions, often with other players in between the linesman (camera) and the players. It was bloody impossible.

There is no doubt in my mind that Thomson got this one wrong, as with the big call in the cup final. But I do think these ones are difficult to get right (I think we were on the wrong end of a bad one at Tannadice at one point too).

Thomson couldn't have been in a better position.

J-C
16-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Unbelievable decision, firstly a dive and then it was a yard outside the box, the referee should be sacked immediately.

heretoday
16-02-2017, 09:47 AM
It was obstruction just outside the box. No penalty anyway. Not sure about the dive. The guy was going at some pace when the collision occurred.

erin go bragh
16-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Looks a shocker but the Pars players didn't seem to protest much if any ( Unless the Beeb have edited it )
The guy basically dived into the box .

Wigson13
16-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Seems to remember another dive miles outside the box that he also gave as a penalty . . . . . . . . changed that game too at the time!

Speedy
16-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Yes. Thomson has had a shocker again.

Did one of our players not get a ban for a dive?

where'stheslope
17-02-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't think so. They would be proud of it.

Nowadays EVERY team wants a penalty at all costs?

With 3 minutes to go and a bumper tie at Ibrox gradually ebbing away, he took a chance and it paid off for the team!

Win it on penalties and a fat pay out from the next round, embarrassed???????

PROUD!!!!