PDA

View Full Version : Lee Clark

Billy Whizz
15-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Gather he's left Killie to join Bury. Wonder if Gary Holt will be favourite for this job

Craig_HFC
15-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Gather he's left Killie to join Bury. Wonder if Gary Holt will be favourite for this job

Did he not sign about 90 players in January?

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm sure there's a urine-stained tracksuit with GL on it somewhere, if they need the cheap option...

H18 SFR
15-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Stubbs for Killie?

Mathias Jack
15-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Kilmarnock ain't exactly close to his family home, so i'd very much doubt he'd be interested in the taking the gaffers job at Rugby Park.

CMurdoch
15-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Bury despite being in the relegation zone in the 3rd tier of English football must offer more money and a better future than Kilmarnock.
Suspect he sees Kilmarnock as a continuous pain in the erse job with no prospects of a
financial improvement.

He has done a good job for them despite all the moans about him signing loads of players.
In 12 months they have retained their Premier League status and have also made £800k on a player signed for free 5 months earlier and even received a compensation fee for him moving to Bury.

Suspect the assistants will take over until the end of the season given they won't be signing players to the summer

givescotlandfreedom
15-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Mixu back?

Salt N Sauzee
15-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Don't blame him for going to Bury. Better opportunity.

Kilmarnock are such a pointless club.

Craig_HFC
15-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Elbows McCulloch will probably get it until the end of the season.

I hate Killie, not 100% sure why. They're just a shanner of a club.

FC Leige
15-02-2017, 02:50 PM

. Like all the rest of them im sure he always had one eye on the exit door. Stubbs was quick enough to dump us for Rotherham and lets not kid ourselves that Lennon is here for the long term. Scottish clubs are used as a springboard for a move to the English lower leagues

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Elbows McCulloch will probably get it until the end of the season.

I hate Killie, not 100% sure why. They're just a shanner of a club.

There are a couple of gardners could throw thier wellies in the ring. Sally and Butcher but Boyd will probably get it

superfurryhibby
15-02-2017, 03:02 PM

Kilmarnock are such a pointless club.

Using that rationale, which Scottish clubs do have a point?

Killie have won the league more recently than us and their Scottish Cup record is the equal of ours. They also won the League Cup only five years ago.

Quality observation:aok:

FC Leige
15-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Using that rationale, which Scottish clubs do have a point?

Killie have won the league more recently than us and their Scottish Cup record is the equal of ours. They also won the League Cup only five years ago.

Quality observation:aok: They have also not spent 3 seasons outside the SPL. Until we haul our asses back into the Premiership we cant call any club pointless.

G B Young
15-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Like all the rest of them im sure he always had one eye on the exit door. Stubbs was quick enough to dump us for Rotherham and lets not kid ourselves that Lennon is here for the long term. Scottish clubs are used as a springboard for a move to the English lower leagues

I doubt any of us are 'kidding ourselves' that Lennon is here for the long term. However, he's in a good place at a well-run club and after his experience at Bolton I'd be surprised if he's in a hurry to return to the English lower leagues. As for Stubbs, in hindsight he made the wrong move to Rotherham but I can understand why he made it and I'll always be grateful for what he brought to our club. Everything about the Hibs of today is a better than the Hibs he arrived at.

In general, though, yes. The Scottish game is no more than a springboard for managers and players who aspire to better paid jobs down south and Dave King is living in a bygone era if he thinks Warburton saw Rangers as any different.

heretoday
15-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Stubbs for Killie?

No way Mrs Stubbs would let him loose in the wild streets of Kilmarnock!

Thecat23
15-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Brutal manager.

snooky
15-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Yogi would have been a good fit however, he's newly hung his jeckit up at Starks Park.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2017, 03:50 PM
I hope his pet dog is well.

FC Leige
15-02-2017, 03:53 PM
As for Stubbs, in hindsight he made the wrong move to Rotherham but I can understand why he made it and I'll always be grateful for what he brought to our club. Everything about the Hibs of today is a better than the Hibs he arrived at.

I cant understand why Stubbs made the move he did. It would have been understandable if he had moved to a sleeping giant like Leeds or Wolves but to move to the weakest and poorest club in the league was a slap in the face. We were on a massive high and had Europe to look forward to yet that wasnt enough to stop him jumping ship to the first English team who waived a check at him. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

SirDavidsNapper
15-02-2017, 05:36 PM
I cant understand why Stubbs made the move he did. It would have been understandable if he had moved to a sleeping giant like Leeds or Wolves but to move to the weakest and poorest club in the league was a slap in the face. We were on a massive high and had Europe to look forward to yet that wasnt enough to stop him jumping ship to the first English team who waived a check at him. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Stubbs was one game away from potentially losing his job at Hibs in my opinion. I think he knew this himself and left at first opportunity . The cup win papered over a lot of cracks. We are in better hands now.

G B Young
15-02-2017, 06:04 PM

My view was that he knew that the pressure he'd immediately come under at a big club like Wolves or Leeds would mean he'd have to deliver results right away and wouldn't get the time to develop his own team/strategy. At Rotherham he must have felt there would a bit more leeway and a chance to enhance his reputation in England before making a bigger move. Obviously he read it wrong. There was no leeway whatsoever and the club continue to rattle through managers with little improvement on the field. Perhaps he was badly advised, but I'd say that overall Stubbs is an intelligent man and a good coach who was just what we needed at the time. I can never hold anything against him after what he helped to deliver last May. His respect for Hibs is, I fully believe, heartfelt.

eastmainsmsh
15-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Be a good job for duff jim

WhileTheChief..
15-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Glad to see the back of him, he was really annoying.

Hopefully Hamilton and Inverness get new managers soon too.

brog
15-02-2017, 07:14 PM
As other posters have alluded to AS left us for personal, family reasons. I have no doubt his ambition was/is to manage an EPL club but he would not have left when he did & for Rotherham without those circumstances. Incidentally, if it had not been for different personal reasons John Doolan could now have been our manager.

worcesterhibby
15-02-2017, 09:34 PM
As other posters have alluded to AS left us for personal, family reasons.

Unless your wife and children are being held at gunpoint by drug addled right wing extremists, there is no good personal family reasons for moving to Rotherham !

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 12:07 AM
The thing that got me about Clark was how bloody miserable he always looked ..... nothing against the guy either way, I hope his next job makes him more cheery.

I don't think any club could be referred to as 'pointless' as another poster suggested. The problem with Killie is that the town appears to have almost totally turned its back on the club, but the absolute roasters who own them appear to be at the root of the problem.

Bad enough that they built a stadium with an 18,000 capacity, ridiculously large for any average support the club could ever hope to have ( the population of Killie is 46,000 ) leaving their actual average home support of 3 to 4 thousand rattling about like dried peas in a tin. They then go on to make what season ticket holders they do have move from their normal seats to make way for OF fans.

Not to mention that during the Rangers debacle they were the only premier league club to publicly indicate support for the new Rangers 2012 being admitted directly into the SPL ....... To suggest the Killie fans were enraged about being associated with that would be a massive understatement.

If ever a club needed a Leeann Dempster its Kilmarnock.

As for a new manager they have to be looking at Duffy, he has done a decent job at Morton and has them playing some decent football. I highly doubt Stubbs would go anywhere near them, its nowhere near the stepping stone he needs to get back on track.

Liberal Hibby
16-02-2017, 12:30 AM
This Killie fan (https://twitter.com/delbhoy007/status/831943240169426944) is none too pleased...

tamig
16-02-2017, 01:03 AM
This Killie fan (https://twitter.com/delbhoy007/status/831943240169426944) is none too pleased...

Fantastic!

CMurdoch
16-02-2017, 02:10 AM

Zoooooomer!!!!

Frazerbob
16-02-2017, 07:10 AM

Attention seeking knob.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2017, 07:52 AM

😂😂😂

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 11:01 AM

Imagine sitting next to that bell end at games ..... it must be a nightmare living next to him :confused:

The first video he did was amusing, but his subsequent social media rants are more indicative of a guy who needs help with his anger management issues.