PDA

View Full Version : Yams Words fail me...

Greentinted
15-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Seen this on Facebook and was rendered incredulous...I don't know where to start. Some of those radges are beyond help. Weirdos.
"We had a crap day at the Hubs game cos ay aw they wimmin eh no!"
Makes our chums over on JKB look like choir boys and girls...but at least they allow girls right enough!
See what you think.

From The Daily Hearts:

This will probably offend some people but I'm not bothered, I'll just speak my mind and call it as I see it.
As a follow on from the atmos thread I think a contributing factor is the make up of our support - too many women. I've no idea what the % of female fans is here compared to other SPL clubs, but what I do know is that we do have a lot of women and this has noticeably increased over the past years.
It is also no coincidence that as their presence has increased our fan base has become more muted and feminised. This then bleeds into other aspects of the club, we have a completely girly away kit that makes PHM cringe any time we see the players run out in it. Only a women (like Budge) would look at those colours and think "Yup, lets roll with them".
Scott Wilson has been transformed from a guy that read out the teams and played some tunes to a guy who is expected to deliver a sermon every single Saturday that lasts about a full minute. During this minute a whole list of things we aren't allowed to say are reeled out. It is only a matter of time before they start adding a fear of midgets and a dislike of people from other planets to that list. This is then ironically followed by 'Two Tribes' on Sunday.
If women want to go to games then fine. If I flipped it around and thought about following a ladies netball team it would feel a bit odd to me. Even going around watching women's football every week would feel odd to me. I genuinely and honestly have no idea why women would even want to be involved in a culture and sport that is absolutely a man's thing. I would take zero enjoyment from following something that was always historically a female thing.
My only issue with it is that it does temper atmosphere. I think its undeniable and I don't think it is conscious.
If you look at ANY singing section of ANY club in Europe you will see about one female. Even then its probably a guy with long hair and moobs. The women who follow those clubs must go somewhere else.
I don't think you'd even need forcibly separate people by gender to solve the issue. All you need do is create one stand that is known for those who want the noise and the bants. You would see for yourself that it would be self selecting. You wouldn't get wee lassies playing on their tablet or old women noisily eating two pies. They'd still go - they'd just find an area better suited to their needs.
Our songs are *****. There are only three that get sung and they are too long. It does not take much effort for 100-200 lads to get together and invent some short and punchy chants and songs. Songs with several verses are just not viable.
I think we need to stand up to this special snowflake mentality that exists among some fans (male and female). We need to encourage people to get thicker skin and a sense of humour again. All this mock offence and fragile feels is pathetic. Its not helping such people to feed their own pathology. It just makes them worse as they do not stop. They keep going and going until they suck the enjoyment right out of everything and games are reduced to spectators passively watching 22 boot the ball about in winter.
I've seen it on US college campuses and if you don't reign that mentality in they run amok. They are really control freaks that want to shut down anything they disagree with or do not like. The more you bow to them they more they demand.
The best thing to do is not pander to their own obsessions and lack of emotional maturity. Grown ups don't get all triggered over words and songs. Grown ups don't go running off to the teacher to tell tales. Only people with some sort of defect is so precious as to be raging about such things all the time. Its best to go out of your way to be as politically incorrect as possible. This is the best way to cure such folks in the long run.
The best atmos I've heard at Tynie was the cup game v Aberdeen last season. There were about 8000 Hearts fans there. The cup game v Raith was also very decent. The total crowd was 10,000. Why is that? It looks as if those most likely to stay away from those games may also be the most likely to whine or complain if any Hearts fans try to get something atmospheric going at league games.
I think most people would like a cracking atmos and give less of a **** what the tune or words are. The only people who would hate it would be rival fans and teams. Our players would benefit in an instant. Young lads between 12-17 would enjoy it far more.
If I were that age Id be completely bored by this insipid and limp culture in the stands. Even older fans would enjoy it if only they'd stop being such fussing old ****s and let their hair down a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/thedailyhearts/posts/1830585887159375

HappyHanlon
15-02-2017, 12:31 PM
A wee birdie tells me that the FB page is linked to the group that paid for the plane banner and was behind the Phoodle out campaign.

It's truly a horrible read.

pacoluna
15-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Can't believe someone actually posted this...

This will probably offend some people but I'm not bothered, I'll just speak my mind and call it as I see it.

As a follow on from the atmos thread I think a contributing factor is the make up of our support - too many women. I've no idea what the % of female fans is here compared to other SPL clubs, but what I do know is that we do have a lot of women and this has noticeably increased over the past years.

It is also no coincidence that as their presence has increased our fan base has become more muted and feminised. This then bleeds into other aspects of the club, we have a completely girly away kit that makes PHM cringe any time we see the players run out in it. Only a women (like Budge) would look at those colours and think "Yup, lets roll with them".

Scott Wilson has been transformed from a guy that read out the teams and played some tunes to a guy who is expected to deliver a sermon every single Saturday that lasts about a full minute. During this minute a whole list of things we aren't allowed to say are reeled out. It is only a matter of time before they start adding a fear of midgets and a dislike of people from other planets to that list. This is then ironically followed by 'Two Tribes' on Sunday.

If women want to go to games then fine. If I flipped it around and thought about following a ladies netball team it would feel a bit odd to me. Even going around watching women's football every week would feel odd to me. I genuinely and honestly have no idea why women would even want to be involved in a culture and sport that is absolutely a man's thing. I would take zero enjoyment from following something that was always historically a female thing.

My only issue with it is that it does temper atmosphere. I think its undeniable and I don't think it is conscious.

If you look at ANY singing section of ANY club in Europe you will see about one female. Even then its probably a guy with long hair and moobs. The women who follow those clubs must go somewhere else.

I don't think you'd even need forcibly separate people by gender to solve the issue. All you need do is create one stand that is known for those who want the noise and the bants. You would see for yourself that it would be self selecting. You wouldn't get wee lassies playing on their tablet or old women noisily eating two pies. They'd still go - they'd just find an area better suited to their needs.

Our songs are *****. There are only three that get sung and they are too long. It does not take much effort for 100-200 lads to get together and invent some short and punchy chants and songs. Songs with several verses are just not viable.

I think we need to stand up to this special snowflake mentality that exists among some fans (male and female). We need to encourage people to get thicker skin and a sense of humour again. All this mock offence and fragile feels is pathetic. Its not helping such people to feed their own pathology. It just makes them worse as they do not stop. They keep going and going until they suck the enjoyment right out of everything and games are reduced to spectators passively watching 22 boot the ball about in winter.

I've seen it on US college campuses and if you don't reign that mentality in they run amok. They are really control freaks that want to shut down anything they disagree with or do not like. The more you bow to them they more they demand.

The best thing to do is not pander to their own obsessions and lack of emotional maturity. Grown ups don't get all triggered over words and songs. Grown ups don't go running off to the teacher to tell tales. Only people with some sort of defect is so precious as to be raging about such things all the time. Its best to go out of your way to be as politically incorrect as possible. This is the best way to cure such folks in the long run.

The best atmos I've heard at Tynie was the cup game v Aberdeen last season. There were about 8000 Hearts fans there. The cup game v Raith was also very decent. The total crowd was 10,000. Why is that? It looks as if those most likely to stay away from those games may also be the most likely to whine or complain if any Hearts fans try to get something atmospheric going at league games.

I think most people would like a cracking atmos and give less of a **** what the tune or words are. The only people who would hate it would be rival fans and teams. Our players would benefit in an instant. Young lads between 12-17 would enjoy it far more.
If I were that age Id be completely bored by this insipid and limp culture in the stands. Even older fans would enjoy it if only they'd stop being such fussing old ****s and let their hair down a bit.

Greentinted
15-02-2017, 12:33 PM
A wee birdie tells me that the FB page is linked to the group that paid for the plane banner and was behind the Phoodle out campaign.

It's truly a horrible read.

A wee 'birdie'...they'll no like that. Unbelievable drivel it is.

Greentinted
15-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Can't believe someone actually posted this...

This was the post that I made an arse of copying here...corrected. Much obliged...:aok:

Oscar T Grouch
15-02-2017, 12:36 PM
As I posted on twitter, there were loads of women in the Roseburn singing their heids off with the rest of us. This is just misogynist drivel. Some of the loudest voices round me at Easter Road are women :greengrin

Bostonhibby
15-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Jeez what a club, read somewhere that they think they're middle class, whatever that is, suppose this odd persons ultimate aim is a load of suitability classed gents singing play up hearts, ra ra ra and twirling approved scarves only.

Only explanation I can offer is the author must be one of the caspian primroses. They do understand it's football in the 21st century , don't they?

PS - he probably does follow a ladies netball team, from afar and is just testing the water here to see if he dare come out of the bushes with his binoculars

High-On-Hibs
15-02-2017, 12:44 PM
There's women in the Hearts support? :shocked:

Greencore
15-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Thieving, welcomes sex offenders, sexist = heart of Midlothian football club. Everyone!

worcesterhibby
15-02-2017, 12:55 PM
To be fair he is getting ripped to bits by other hearts fans over this. Some of the banter is very funny :greengrin

Peevemor
15-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Indeed :nerd:

Greentinted
15-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Indeed :nerd:
Somebody had to:greengrin...Cannae change it but maybe a helpful admin can insert the missing 'R'?

High-On-Hibs
15-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Somebody had to:greengrin...Cannae change it but maybe a helpful admin can insert the missing 'R'?

Did you "Throw the 'R' Away"? :wink:

marinello59
15-02-2017, 01:01 PM

No helpful Admins about so I did it. :greengrin

Vini1875
15-02-2017, 01:02 PM
A lot of people pine for the good auld days at the football, when there was non stop singing, a good pagger, plenty of bevvy drunk, hundreds of goals scored by athletes who could smoke, drink and eat kebabs every night of the week. I'm 53 and it must have been before my time, because that is not what I remember.

hearts problem such as it is, seems to be living in reality. They don't like it. We matched them on the pitch and silenced them in the stands. We won the cup and they have nothing left.

ER can be quiet, but we don't blame everyone and anyone for that. It seems to me that we lift ourselves when required.

Guy seems like a plank, so he can comfort himself with the fact he is in the right place. ********s to tynie, good guys (and girls) to Easter Road.

Jack Hackett
15-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Just another yam neanderthal hankering for the old days when men were men, and the wimmen had the tea ready when they got back from the hunt

Greentinted
15-02-2017, 01:04 PM
No helpful Admins about so I did it. :greengrin

:greengrin :thumbsup:

et vireta
15-02-2017, 01:08 PM
I think what the guy would have been better saying was
"
Tynecastle has always had a lot of fannies but there just seems to be a lot more around now."

End of.

Pretty Boy
15-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Everyone always thinks the 'good old days' were better because they have fond memories of the best bits and time fades the crap bits.

Hibs are no different really. For all the stories of 30, 40 and 50000 packed into ER there are plenty pictures which show as the 70s rumbled on and we moved through the 80s the site of 5 and 6000 rattling about inside ER wasn't that uncommon.

Football, like everything, has moved on. You can either embrace what we have, suggest ways to improve it and otherwise make the best of it or you can live in a fantasy land in which the 70s with their non PC humour, draconian facilities and anything goes culture returns.

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Where in the name o' the wee man do you even begin with that steaming pile of Ertha Kitt.

The Hertz atmosphere is rubbish because of the number of women who go to matches and the songs are rubbish because the folk running the club are opposed to songs with homophobic and sectarian content?
:confused:

This guy is obviously so upset with Hertz knocking down their last connection to the pre war years of the 20th century he wants to get the fans and club to act like they are still in it ......... Its a wonder he didn't go on to blame Herts being out fought on Sunday on the number of 'coloureds' in the team.

They only need to look across the city to see the solution to their problems ...... We have been far from perfect in the past, but finally with an acceptance that stuff like the Skacel song is unacceptable ( the tune was used against Raith, but the words were changed ) the fans have tried and succeeded in coming up with some new stuff and even resurrected some old stuff like the Turnbull's tornadoes song ....... I can genuinely say haven't heard the Hibs support sing a clearly sectarian song since the 70s.

I cant believe any fitba fan would post something like that in the 21st century ...... absolutely incredible :no way:

15-02-2017, 01:35 PM
His "this is a mans world, you say at home darling and get the tea on while us men go out to the rough sport with beer and cigars" attitude is more out dated than the hearts songbook. Any man that feels threatened by having women go to the football seriously needs to get a grip. This "this is a mans world" pish is cringeworthy.

Plenty of women in the hibs support every week and many of them in the Roseburn on Sunday yet our end was absolutely rocking. This utter drivel reeks of desperation. Our book is dead, we have no idea how to wind up hibs anymore and the reality of having to live within our means is finally kicking in but yea its all because there is women attending the games :rolleyes: Sort of thing you'd read from the roasters over on keekback. Desperate and utterly cringeworthy post from someone who is clearly a very sad little man who needs to post this guff hiding behind a nameless facebook account in order to try give his masculinity a bit of a boost and reassurance. Probably one of the Muirfield golf club brigade, threatened by woman and determined to lord some sort of perceived superiority.

Anytime you'd like to join us in the 21st century feel free pal :aok:

1875STEVE
15-02-2017, 01:41 PM
The loudest person ive ever heard at ER was a women, who sat in the famous five stand, and she used to scream and shout at Pat McGinlay every week, calling him "Patrick".

I was told by others from that stand that it was his wife/girlfriend. I duno if that's true or not, but il never forget her booming voice! :aok:

Peevemor
15-02-2017, 01:45 PM
The loudest person ive ever heard at ER was a women, who sat in the famous five stand, and she used to scream and shout at Pat McGinlay every week, calling him "Patrick".

I was told by others from that stand that it was his wife/girlfriend. I duno if that's true or not, but il never forget her booming voice! :aok:

It was his wife.

1875STEVE
15-02-2017, 01:46 PM
It was his wife.

:aok:

Ha, I always thought Id been told a wee lie.

I was just a kid, but I still remember her clear as day! or her voice anyway. :flag:

overdrive
15-02-2017, 01:55 PM

Don't think this was the same person, but the loudest person I've heard at ER was the woman who used to sit behind us for years in the FF Stand, affectionately known as 'Effing Linda'. Non-regulars were always shocked to turn round and see this immaculately turned out woman shouting and screaming abuse at the opposition, officials, management and Hibs players :greengrin

Craig_HFC
15-02-2017, 01:58 PM
The boy is clearly a VL who's raging because he got no Valentine's Day cards yesterday.

Waxy
15-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Brutal

southsider
15-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Just another yam neanderthal hankering for the old days when men were men, and the wimmen had the tea ready when they got back from the hunt
All those offended by that type of (non) thinking should make their way to ER and give your support to a proper community based Football Club where all are welcomed.

Saturday Boy
15-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Don't think this was the same person, but the loudest person I've heard at ER was the woman who used to sit behind us for years in the FF Stand, affectionately known as 'Effing Linda'. Non-regulars were always shocked to turn round and see this immaculately turned out woman shouting and screaming abuse at the opposition, officials, management and Hibs players :greengrin

Ah, that brings back memories. Linda was loud. Often wondered where she moved to. I think it was when the west stand opened.

hibee_nation
15-02-2017, 02:49 PM
He did get one thing right that away strip would gie anyone the boak :jamboak:

Diclonius
15-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Looks like the "alt-right" is trying to take hold at Hearts as well. Thankfully it looks like it's just the one guy.

Hibernia&Alba
15-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Andy Gray and Richard Keys must have cooked that up between them. Embarrassing stuff.

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2017, 03:14 PM
The boy is clearly a VL who's raging because he got no Valentine's Day cards yesterday.

do the cards from his mum and sister not count ?

Mathias Jack
15-02-2017, 03:14 PM

My mate signed S forms with Hibs around the mid 90's, so he used to get complimentary tickets. And she used to sit beside us. So I can confirm it was the wife of Pat McGinley!

Craig_HFC
15-02-2017, 03:19 PM
do the cards from his mum and sister not count ?

Only if they're 2 separate people... which is highly doubtful.

ancient hibee
15-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Only if they're 2 separate people... which is highly doubtful.
Interesting comment on a thread devoted to Neanderthal attitudes to women.

Craig_HFC
15-02-2017, 04:48 PM

Aye cos that's what I was saying right enough.

lyonhibs
15-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Small Willy syndrome all over that post. I remember at the Ibrox cup game away (3-0 win) a women and her 2 kids are in the seats next to me and I'm subconsciously thinking "best try and tone it down today".

Needn't have worried. The air was bluer than John greig around her!!!

The only woman who's ever annoyed me at the football was the screeching banshee that obviously had a seat right next to the sound Mike at the old Highbury. Every MoTD, regular as clockwork, there'd be some soul piercing screech on the highlights. Like fingernails getting dragged on a blackboard.

lyonhibs
15-02-2017, 05:16 PM

I think what you've quoted was a jocular attitude towards Jambos.

Moody Blues
15-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Seen this on Facebook and was rendered incredulous...I don't know where to start. Some of those radges are beyond help. Weirdos.
"We had a crap day at the Hubs game cos ay aw they wimmin eh no!"
Makes our chums over on JKB look like choir boys and girls...but at least they allow girls right enough!
See what you think.

From The Daily Hearts:

https://www.facebook.com/thedailyhearts/posts/1830585887159375

Wow! that's some rant. Obviously a very unhappy Jambo . And here was me thinking everything was "Hunky Dory" down at Asbestosville

lucky
15-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Without a woman's money his club would have died, without a woman's guidance our club would still be under the guidance of Rodders. Time football embraced all genders, races and religions

lapsedhibee
15-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Without a woman's money his club would have died, without a woman's guidance our club would still be under the guidance of Rodders. Time football embraced all genders, races and religions
Would prefer if fitba ignored rather than embraced all these things, tbh, and particularly the last.

JK Rolling
15-02-2017, 05:37 PM

:thumbsup:

ancient hibee
15-02-2017, 05:53 PM
I think what you've quoted was a jocular attitude towards Jambos.
I think women are Jambos too.

15-02-2017, 05:58 PM
This sad wee loser with his "woman should stay well away from football, men only" view forget that it if it hadn't been for a woman his club would be in a seriously bad way.

15-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Would prefer if fitba ignored rather than embraced all these things, tbh, and particularly the last.

Absolutely. Gender, race, religion, sexuality, political views etc are irrelevant to football. Nobody should be made to feel they aren't welcome because of any of these. If you like football and want to come along and support your team then your welcome to. Thankfully idiots like that are in the minority and in fairness even most of the jambos have said his rant is pathetic and told him to get a life.

Craig_HFC
15-02-2017, 06:35 PM

And the award for missing the point goes to...

oldbutdim
15-02-2017, 06:36 PM
My mate signed S forms with Hibs around the mid 90's, so he used to get complimentary tickets. And she used to sit beside us. So I can confirm it was the wife of Pat McGinley!

Good old 'Margaret Hen'.......

lapsedhibee
15-02-2017, 06:44 PM

I think one of the ways they get their base support to be 400k is to count the mother and sister as two whereas, as we all know on this thread, they are in reality one.

BullsCloseHibs
15-02-2017, 06:45 PM
They do have an unusually large female support and have done for many years. Don't see the problem though. Hearts are all girl. Fact.

Keith_M
15-02-2017, 07:06 PM
The guy's right, too many Burds at games nowadays.

Thecat23
15-02-2017, 07:18 PM
The guy's right, too many Burds at games nowadays.

Aye they seagulls piss me right off!

WhileTheChief..
15-02-2017, 07:28 PM
He makes some valid points in amongst the crap.

SuperAllyMcleod
15-02-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised he didn't have a go at the first team physio while he was at it?

ancient hibee
15-02-2017, 10:04 PM
And the award for missing the point goes to...

.....Craig-HFC ?

Baw187
16-02-2017, 07:25 AM

There is a part of their support that resent Budge massively for 'ripping the soul out of their club'. I think that means she is trying to make them a more appealing, family and community focussed club and taking a zero tolerance view on the type of less than moral behaviour that these clowns have embraced in the past.

I was speaking to a Jambo last night and he was saying that this faction of their support are turning on the 'normal jambos' (if there is such a thing) for being apathetic to Budge's hold on the club. Those fans are cretins apparently!

Phil MaGlass
16-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Brilliant,brilliant and thrice brilliant, "the hertz" Comedy gold man. :greengrin

16-02-2017, 10:57 AM
There is a part of their support that resent Budge massively for 'ripping the soul out of their club'. I think that means she is trying to make them a more appealing, family and community focussed club and taking a zero tolerance view on the type of less than moral behaviour that these clowns have embraced in the past.

I was speaking to a Jambo last night and he was saying that this faction of their support are turning on the 'normal jambos' (if there is such a thing) for being apathetic to Budge's hold on the club. Those fans are cretins apparently!

Budge isn't the problem, she is simply an excuse. The problem is that hearts have based their entire existence on being "the big team". They were only happy and only lording it up during the cheating years when they regularly beat hibs, still had their big team big cup, 1902 stuff. Now that the glory days are over and they are having to finally live in reality, they don't know what to do with themselves.

The "big team, wee team" stuff is dead. They know fine well that they haven't got any massive superiority over hibs. THATS whats "ripped the soul out the club" not Budge. Without having hibs to dominate and slag off they are nothing. The last 3 years we have gotten the better of them, including knocking them out of their "special cup" only to go on and win it. That alone was enough to cost Robbie "money spinner" Neilson his job. The playing field is level now though, hibs will win some, hearts will win some but long gone are the days where hearts would turn up to derbies expecting to gub us and they HATE it. They are clinging to past glories and desperately trying to convince themselves that they are still the big team but they know fine well they no longer have a hold over us.

GreenLake
16-02-2017, 11:18 AM
He would prefer to be among a crowd of screaming men pouting with hand on hip while wrist twirling scarves.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Mind you, it would appear that when it comes to being offensive the Yams don't do things by halves and even the admins on their fans forum turn a blind eye ....... this is from a thread about Marvin Bartley on sickbag, which actually contained some grudging admiration of him as a player until the EEN story came out ..................... I cant believe an admin didn't pull this guy up.

Posted Yesterday, 21:36 ...a bit disco, on 15 Feb 2017 - 9:34 PM, said:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=5858183)

Seems to be a bit more pro-active than McGinlay was though.

Bit more rapey?

Its not unknown for the folk running a website to be held responsible in law when one of its members crosses the line between banter and 'defamation of character' ... it wouldn't be the first time that the admins on here have warned posters about where the line is on that ........... if you ask me the admins on sickbag need to up their game before they get hit with a law suite.

overdrive
22-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Ah, that brings back memories. Linda was loud. Often wondered where she moved to. I think it was when the west stand opened.

Sorry, just saw this just now. She was around for quite a bit after the West Stand opened. She died though a few years back.

lord bunberry
22-02-2017, 02:12 PM
As I posted on twitter, there were loads of women in the Roseburn singing their heids off with the rest of us. This is just misogynist drivel. Some of the loudest voices round me at Easter Road are women :greengrin
They're not women mate, they're men with long hair and moobs :greengrin