PDA

View Full Version : Raith Rovers Game

Glory Lurker
14-02-2017, 07:27 PM
We have a pretty patchy record over there, and could have to deal with a Yogi bounce, but Saturday is a great chance to stretch our lead. What does Lennon do? Does he shuffle the pack again? Raith seem to know how to stifle our midfield - do we play McGeough from the start to add creativity?

Vital that the team's mind is not on the replay until after FT on Saturday. Back to the day job until then, Hibs.

Captain Trips
14-02-2017, 08:48 PM
We have a pretty patchy record over there, and could have to deal with a Yogi bounce, but Saturday is a great chance to stretch our lead. What does Lennon do? Does he shuffle the pack again? Raith seem to know how to stifle our midfield - do we play McGeough from the start to add creativity?

Vital that the team's mind is not on the replay until after FT on Saturday. Back to the day job until then, Hibs.

Its a game that if we win puts a big gap both in points and psychologically. I am confident we will win.

HibsNutter
14-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Big chance to really pull away at the top, going nine points clear with twelve games remaining and being in better league form than our rivals would kill it for good imo. The derby can wait, we need full focus on the league on Saturday, as I'm sure the players had half an eye on the derby against Ayr.

bigwheel
14-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Its a game that if we win puts a big gap both in points and psychologically. I am confident we will win.

I agree it's a big game for us...for the reasons you suggest...will be really tough though. Very similar to Sunday for me - their pitch is not in good nick...will be a real battle. Might take a moment of individual magic to win us the tie.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2017, 08:55 PM
It's a massive game in the context of our season and bigger than the replay IMO.

A win on Saturday would pretty much guarantee promotion as far as I'm concerned.

pacoluna
14-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Get the first goal and we will win, Lennon has installed grit in this team, I can't think of any games this season in league other than united at home where we have taking the lead and dropped points.

Nicho87
14-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Not won there in our last two games never mind scoring.

I hope for 3 points but i'm predicting a draw. Hope lennon doesnt use the crap performance and your dropped threat for the derby cause that didnt work for ayr.

O'Rourke3
14-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Get the first goal and we will win, Lennon has installed grit in this team, I can't think of any games this season in league other than united at home where we have taking the lead and dropped points.

First game versus Ayr? Not having a pop but extenuating circus in that one. Agree we score first we win!

Big L
14-02-2017, 09:53 PM
The attitude of the players on Sunday was spot on, plus the game was played with an intesity that I would like to see more off going forward. If we do that we will have more than enough for the Yogi rejuvenated Raith.