PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Hunter on pitch next Wednesday

Itsnoteasy
14-02-2017, 07:07 PM
The guy that wrote Hibs Hibs oooooohhhhh should be in the middle of the park next Wednesday belting out that song. Surely it cannae be difficult to rig a mic up through the tannoy system. That would get the place jumping. Has to be one of the best Hibs songs written if you listen to all the words.
Ps not sure if that is his name, but it is the name that came up on a you tube search.

Lets make it happen.

Ram your 1902

3pm
14-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Potential for egg on our faces with this!!!

Pedantic_Hibee
14-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Posts on here. Great lad too.

ronaldo7
14-02-2017, 07:14 PM
The guy that wrote Hibs Hibs oooooohhhhh should be in the middle of the park next Wednesday belting out that song. Surely it cannae be difficult to rig a mic up through the tannoy system. That would get the place jumping. Has to be one of the best Hibs songs written if you listen to all the words.
Ps not sure if that is his name, but it is the name that came up on a you tube search.

Lets make it happen.

Ram your 1902

Graeme Hunter bud.:aok:

H18 SFR
14-02-2017, 07:17 PM

Lets make it happen.

Ram your 1902

Too dodgy, I can feel the egg on my face already.

macca70
14-02-2017, 07:21 PM
It has been recorded professionally in a studio with the intentions to release it with proceeds going to 2 charities,

I'm sure it was mentioned on here that they are talking to the club about playing the recorded version over the tannoy before KO :flag:

WoreTheGreen
14-02-2017, 07:21 PM

Love the guy and the song fantstic at L S night but lets not to get to up ourselves

ronaldo7
14-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Love the guy and the song fantstic at L S night but lets not to get to up ourselves

I'd roll him out at the final whistle, all being good, of course.

keep the faith
14-02-2017, 07:32 PM

Agreed. Over the tannoy if we win.

lyonhibs
14-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I had myself convinced we had a former player by that name before I realised I was mixing up Graham Mitchell and Gordon Hunter from my youth.

True story.

Itsnoteasy
14-02-2017, 07:41 PM

Cheers

Itsnoteasy
14-02-2017, 07:45 PM

You could have said that about Sunday when we were belting out
2 in a row here we go constantly.

H18 SFR
14-02-2017, 07:48 PM
You could have said that about Sunday when we were belting out
2 in a row here we go constantly.

To be fair, the two are incomparable.

One, fans at a game singing.

Two, rolling out a singer with a guitar to strum a tune whilst mocking the Hearts.

Im sure most will see the difference.

Waxy
14-02-2017, 07:51 PM
I had myself convinced we had a former player by that name before I realised I was mixing up Graham Mitchell and Gordon Hunter from my youth.

True story.your thinking about Gordon Mitchell

Aldo
14-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Not sure this sits well as it'll be a harder game imho! 3 full stands singing it will do for me! (At the moment anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibsNutter
14-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Think we will play it before the teams come out, would be a good idea and will help create an even better atmosphere.

Itsnoteasy
14-02-2017, 08:03 PM
To be fair, the two are incomparable.

One, fans at a game singing.

Two, rolling out a singer with a guitar to strum a tune whilst mocking the Hearts.

Im sure most will see the difference.

OK I take your point. But how long have we been mocked about 1902.
Also half time at Tynie they always get someone on the pitch that have rammed us over the years.
Mind you they were scraping the barrel on Sunday rolling out Danny Grainger.

Carheenlea
14-02-2017, 08:14 PM
OK I take your point. But how long have we been mocked about 1902.
Also half time at Tynie they always get someone on the pitch that have rammed us over the years.
Mind you they were scraping the barrel on Sunday rolling out Danny Grainger.

:hilarious I usually head to the concourse to escape their lame half time digs, but when I heard Scott Wilson on the tannoy excitably introduce Danny Grainger I did laugh out loud. Scraping the barrel indeed.

Mathias Jack
14-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Graeme was a few years below me at school, still pals with him. While I've no doubt he'd love to play it at Easter Road some time, he's in America just now.

And I do think there is massive 'egg on our face' potential here anyways ha ha

Andy74
14-02-2017, 08:36 PM
I've never heard of him or the song. Should I have?

My_Wife_Camille
14-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Yes

Speedy
14-02-2017, 08:40 PM

I hadn't heard of it before Sunday.

hibeedonald
14-02-2017, 08:52 PM
It was sung at Dundee United away. Fair play to the singing section!

Sir David Gray
14-02-2017, 08:52 PM

True story.

You're not the only one. :wink:

Carheenlea
14-02-2017, 09:02 PM
It was sung at Dundee United away. Fair play to the singing section!

It was sung at Ayr back in November, first time I'd heard it, but only learned the right words on Sunday!

Frogga
14-02-2017, 09:51 PM
It was sung at Ayr back in November, first time I'd heard it, but only learned the right words on Sunday!

Yeah, that's the first time i heard it. He played it at the Lewis Stevenson dinner - there's a great video of it on youtube!

hibbysam
14-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Think we will play it before the teams come out, would be a good idea and will help create an even better atmosphere.

I'm not sure 16000 hibbys need any help next week creating an atmosphere from the start, and if they do they're probably in the wrong place.

G B Young
14-02-2017, 10:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCJkOUe5Qw

Highland_Hibee
15-02-2017, 01:11 AM
We have developed a great repertoire all round. We have rousing anthems in "Sunshine on Leith" and "Glory Glory". Player specific efforts for McGinn, McGregor, Cummings and Gray. The old faithfuls in "Allez Allez Allez Au" "Hail Hail" and "We are Hibernian FC". Then piss takes like "Fannys hat", "Andy Halliday" and now "Ram yer 1902"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
15-02-2017, 07:38 AM
I think it's up to the crowd to sing for 90 minutes (or 120 if extra time). Remember, it will be the noisier Hertz fans in the away end. Just drown them out, score early and they'll be back to clapping throw-ins.

Johnny Clash
15-02-2017, 09:18 AM
I think it's up to the crowd to sing for 90 minutes (or 120 if extra time). Remember, it will be the noisier Hertz fans in the away end. Just drown them out, score early and they'll be back to clapping throw-ins.

I'm sure all three hibs stands will be buzzing.

Not only are we up against our city rivals but this round is the first time ever we have defended the Scottish Cup against Hearts!

So let's have plenty of the inflatable cups and 'ram/**** your 1902'

ano hibby
15-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Where did the inflatable cups come from?
Thought they were great on Sunday

hibbie02
15-02-2017, 10:27 AM
If/When/Should Hibs win the replay, they should parade the cup at the end and get that song belting out to wish the Yams a nice trip hame to their slums. :greengrin

mentalhibee
16-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Where did the inflatable cups come from?
Thought they were great on Sunday

Got mine off eBay mate.

Andy74
16-02-2017, 11:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCJkOUe5Qw

Ah, got it now!

H18BYM
18-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know if I can download this song from any official site? Looking to use it to wind up some jambo friends (I use the term very loosely) of mine... :thumbsup:

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2017, 12:36 PM
This was allegedly to be released a while ago, anyone know what the hold up is?

woodythehibee
18-04-2017, 12:41 PM
This was allegedly to be released a while ago, anyone know what the hold up is?

They need permission from the original writers & record company. They are hoping it won't be an issue as it's a charity record and the story behind the song is pretty special. Could take months to get the permission though.

Hopefully it's soon though.

tamsonsbairn
18-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Nae disrespect tae the fellae but any Hibbys who have drank in Tamsons will know we were singing this song with the amended words when WFM had it belting oot especially after another good win at Easter Road. Long Live the King of Vinyl. :hides :na na:

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2017, 03:01 PM
They need permission from the original writers & record company. They are hoping it won't be an issue as it's a charity record and the story behind the song is pretty special. Could take months to get the permission though.

Hopefully it's soon though.

I'll certainly buy it for charity when it comes out but I've managed to rip it from youtube to MP3, add it to iTunes then sync it to spotify so I have it on my hibs playlist :flag:

oneone73
18-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I'll certainly buy it for charity when it comes out but I've managed to rip it from youtube to MP3, add it to iTunes then sync it to spotify so I have it on my hibs playlist :flag:

God I feel old. There is so much about that sentence I don't understand.

SON OF PADDY
18-04-2017, 07:47 PM

You have a PM mate 😉

Sir David Gray
18-04-2017, 09:20 PM

Me too, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

Criswell
18-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Ever notice that they often play "Runaround Sue" by Dion at ER nowadays?

Sir David Gray
18-04-2017, 09:57 PM

I think there might be a reason for that. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2017, 10:29 PM

Nah - what's the tune?

Sir David Gray
18-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Nah - what's the tune?

Hibs, Hibs woahhhhhh....:greengrin

H18BYM
19-04-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm not that up on how to get it from youtube etc. Is anyone able to help me get it via Spotify etc? I'm looking to get it so that it can be given to a DJ to play at a function, so on my phone would be good. Cheers