PDA

View Full Version : Working together group: 13 Feb 2017

Pages : [1] 2

C Feeney-Seale
14-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last night’s working together group - 18 of us were there. There was a real positive buzz and we mentioned quite a few times how brilliant the fans were on Sunday - I think we all agreed we want more games to have that sort of atmosphere!

I won't go into detailed minutes as I know Tracey does a great job in writing those up - Colin (our comms manager) is looking into how we can publish these formally on the club site which is great.

The meeting covered the topics below:

1. Derby tickets - it was confirmed people did get tickets over the phone and that Ticketmaster had 60 people answering calls. We also discussed people getting kicked out from the online system, something the club can't control. The club also admit the timing around announcement of hospitality package should have been better.

2. The amazing success of the persevered tour.

3. Reminder about hall of fame event which takes place Friday 24th.

4. Season ticket launch will be happening in roughly a month - club are finalising plans so look out for more details.

5. Discussed great success of Scottish Cup merchandise - with club keen to stress that out of 12,000 DVDs sold only 100 were faulty. New ideas for items were discussed such as BBQ equipment, more DVDs and so on.

6. Update on good work of historical trust - watch this space as I'm sure the team will release some details soon.

7. Derby reply tickets – the club were praised for cheap concessions (£14) compared to what Hearts were charging and that it’s a nice touch that STs save a bit money if they buy in advance sale (£25)

8. Singing section - discussions are underway and expect an announcement in the next few weeks.

We then split into two groups, one looking at ways to improve atmosphere and one stadium improvements - I facilitated the stadium improvements bit and found it great hearing the ideas people have, from getting a pictured wall built along east stand, fixing hot water in toilets, the tannoy system, slow catering; behind the goals etc. Lots of overlap with the issues which are being raised on the forum. IF the working group is to succeed it will be important to make sure all these views are being fed in, as not everyone can attend the Working Together groups.

I'll share links to minutes once available.

GGTTH

worcesterhibby
14-02-2017, 12:21 PM
good stuff, thanks for the update

Since90+2
14-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Was there any mention if selling hospitality for Hearts away fixtures would become standard or was it a one off?

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last night’s working together group - 18 of us were there. There was a real positive buzz and we mentioned quite a few times how brilliant the fans were on Sunday - I think we all agreed we want more games to have that sort of atmosphere!

I won't go into detailed minutes as I know Tracey does a great job in writing those up - Colin (our comms manager) is looking into how we can publish these formally on the club site which is great.

1. Derby tickets - it was confirmed people did get tickets over the phone and that Ticketmaster had 60 people answering calls. We also discussed people getting kicked out from the online system, something the club can't control. The club also admit the timing around announcement of hospitality package should have been better.

4. Season ticket launch will be happening in roughly a month - club are finalising plans so look out for more details.

5. Discussed great success of Scottish Cup merchandise - with club keen to stress that out of 12,000 DVDs sold only 100 were faulty. New ideas for items were discussed such as BBQ equipment, more DVDs and so on.

6. Update on good work of historical trust - watch this space as I'm sure the team will release some details soon.

7. Derby reply tickets – the club were praised for cheap concessions (£14) compared to what Hearts were charging and that it’s a nice touch that STs save a bit money if they buy in advance sale (£25)

8. Singing section - discussions are underway and expect an announcement in the next few weeks.

We then split into two groups, one looking at ways to improve atmosphere and one stadium improvements - I facilitated the stadium improvements bit and found it great hearing the ideas people have, from getting a pictured wall built along east stand, fixing hot water in toilets, the tannoy system, slow catering; behind the goals etc. Lots of overlap with the issues which are being raised on the forum. IF the working group is to succeed it will be important to make sure all these views are being fed in, as not everyone can attend the Working Together groups.

GGTTH

Nice to see you at your first meeting although i think you clearly missed the point about communication.

WS Hibs
14-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Thanks, already voted for you.

matty_f
14-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Nice to see you at your first meeting although i think you clearly missed the point about communication.

What was the point about communication?

greenlex
14-02-2017, 12:58 PM
BBQ Equipment????? We need to get the Christmas tree baubles on the go again this year.

ColinNish
14-02-2017, 01:04 PM
BBQ Equipment????? We need tiger the Christmas tree baubles on the go again this year.

And decent beach towels before the summer holidays actually start!

Lancs Harp
14-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Appreciated.

Hibs Class
14-02-2017, 01:25 PM

What was the communication point?

greenlex
14-02-2017, 01:25 PM
And decent beach towels before the summer holidays actually start!

Scottish cup ones.👍

hibbymac
14-02-2017, 01:26 PM

:agree: That's what I was wondering, .... but appears to be more of a dig :duck:

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Tracey, one of the other candidates for the Fans Director, sends out comprehensive minutes, after each meeting, always with the heading,

CONFIDENTIAL – WORKING TOGETHER PARTICIPANTS/GROUPS ONLY

I put Charlene's enthusiasm down to having never before received minutes, as it was her first ever meeting of this long standing group. If folk feel strongly that these minutes should be available to hibs.net/the Bounce/social media they should get along to the meetings and argue for a change to the long standing protocol in my opinion.

GGTTH

BIG G

Since90+2
14-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Why would the minutes from the meeting be confidential? Obviously if its anything company sensitive it wont be published but I cant see why things like Derby ticket info and plans for cup final merchandise ect wouldnt be made available to more fans online.

matty_f
14-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Tracey, one of the other candidates for the Fans Director, sends out comprehensive minutes, after each meeting, always with the heading,

I put Charlene's enthusiasm down to having never before received minutes, as it was her first ever meeting of this long standing group. If folk feel strongly that these minutes should be available to hibs.net/the Bounce/social media they should get along to the meetings and argue for a change to the long standing protocol in my opinion.

GGTTH

BIG G

Thanks Big G.

FWIW, I always thought the agreement was that it was ok to mention a kind of 'high level' overview of discussions but not details and there was certain stuff that was clearly confidential.

I don't think there was anything in Charlene's post that went beyond those parameters.

That could just be how I interpreted the agreement though, so happy to be corrected on that. :aok:

Edit - I'd also agree that it would be great if people that wanted to know what was going on headed along to the meetings. I've had to put involvement on the back burner for a while now due to some personal stuff, but it's a really rewarding experience and having seen the difference that some of the work undertaken as part of Working Together has made, there's a tangible benefit to the club as well.

Brightside
14-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Nice wee dig from the Hibs Fans FB...

She hasn't published the minutes just her notes from the meeting. I assume people who come the meeting are told not to discuss it on a public forum? As I'm sure many other have published their notes on here?

C Feeney-Seale
14-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Was there any mention if selling hospitality for Hearts away fixtures would become standard or was it a one off?

It was mentioned that it has worked well before cup finals and before the Bonnyrigg game - but didn't say if it would become a more regular thing. I think it depends on the location of games etc

hibee_nation
14-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Just when i thought what a breath of fresh air someone cascading down info to us the knives are out already. Thanks for the info hope we get more in the future.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Thanks Big G.

FWIW, I always thought the agreement was that it was ok to mention a kind of 'high level' overview of discussions but not details and there was certain stuff that was clearly confidential.

I don't think there was anything in Charlene's post that went beyond those parameters.

That could just be how I interpreted the agreement though, so happy to be corrected on that. :aok:

I have reported back to my Branch on the main points regularly, however their have been things I have not mentioned because we were asked not to. However as you know it is nigh impossible for things from such meetings, even of this nature, not to be leaked. If it happens in the White House (topical today) it will happen at Working Together meetings. However as long as that heading about confidentiality is in place in the official minutes from Tracey and therefore Hibernian, I won't be linking minutes to anyone.

BIG G

Brightside
14-02-2017, 02:03 PM
I have reported back to my Branch on the main points regularly, however their have been things I have not mentioned because we were asked not to. However as you know it is nigh impossible for things from such meetings, even of this nature, not to be leaked. If it happens in the White House (topical today) it will happen at Working Together meetings. However as long as that heading about confidentiality is in place in the official minutes from Tracey and therefore Hibernian, I won't be linking minutes to anyone.

BIG G

But she hasn't linked minutes.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Just when i thought what a breath of fresh air someone cascading down info to us the knives are out already. Thanks for the info hope we get more in the future.

That's a bit dramatic amigo.

BIG G

C Feeney-Seale
14-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Hi folks, as you'll note in my first post mentioned that these are not comprehensive minutes for the meeting, and that Tracey and Colin were looking into how these could be shared on the site. These are my own notes on a meeting that was advertised on the club website as open to all :)

Think given the nature of some of the topics getting more views is a great thing, and while I thought the meeting was very productive we have to recognise that not everyone can attend on a weekday evening.

Cheers,

Charlene

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 02:05 PM
But she hasn't linked minutes.

Did you stop reading before the last two lines?

BIG G

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 02:07 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

This is my point.

A lot of ideas and suggestions put forward at these meetings are obviously very early stages and require discussions with 3rd parties before anything is made public or final. Posting that the group has said such and such is to be improved at the stadium now just puts an expectation out there that this will be done by next home game....

Communication goes through the Secretary to be published in minutes. As was mentioned last night by Colin when asked about posting stuff online. Charlene also publicly stated on behalf of the club that they were in the wrong over hospitality. Surley an admission the club should make not Charlene.

Id imagine these meetings wont survive if people take the content of these meetings and make them public with out due diligence.

And for clarification as someone seems to have implied my post has nothing to do with Tracey Smith. I have been attending the meetings from day 1 and have watched the WTG group get trashed continuously on forums due to someone posting the ideas of attendees regarding loyalty points. It's not a cloak and dagger group but as anyone can surely apreaciate comments on social media/Forums are not always taken in context.

As it was her first attendance at these meetings i would have thought she may have done some due diligence of her own rather than taking the bull in a China shop approach to fish for Votes.

Just my opinion.

Brightside
14-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Did you stop reading before the last two lines?

BIG G

You said you wouldn't be linking minutes which is fine. Charlene hasn't linked minutes either. Im not sure why anyone has made a fuss over someone giving an overview of what was discussed at an OPEN FORUM meeting. Certainly no need for Hibs Fans FB to make the dig, and I think Tracey is doing very well up to now and she probably doesnt need that kind of back up during the process.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 02:12 PM
You said you wouldn't be linking minutes which is fine. Charlene hasn't linked minutes either. Im not sure why anyone has made a fuss over someone giving an overview of what was discussed at an OPEN FORUM meeting. Certainly no need for Hibs Fans FB to make the dig, and I think Tracey is doing very well up to now and she probably doesnt need that kind of back up during the process.

Whats it got to do with Tracey?

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Is 18 a good turnout or were the numbers boosted by the fans rep candidates?

hibbymac
14-02-2017, 02:15 PM

BIG G

This is my point.

A lot of ideas and suggestions put forward at these meetings are obviously very early stages and require discussions with 3rd parties before anything is made public or final. Posting that the group has said such and such is to be improved at the stadium now just puts an expectation out there that this will be done by next home game....

Communication goes through the Secretary to be published in minutes. As was mentioned last night by Colin when asked about posting stuff online. Charlene also publicly stated on behalf of the club that they were in the wrong over hospitality. Surley an admission the club should make not Charlene.

Id imagine these meetings wont survive if people take the content of these meetings and make them public with out due diligence.

And for clarification as someone seems to have implied my post has nothing to do with Tracey Smith. I have been attending the meetings from day 1 and have watched the WTG group get trashed continuously on forums due to someone posting the ideas of attendees regarding loyalty points. It's not a cloak and dagger group but as anyone can surely apreaciate comments on social media/Forums are not always taken in context.

As it was her first attendance at these meetings i would have thought she may have done some due diligence of her own rather than taking the bull in a China shop approach to fish for Votes.

Just my opinion.

Maybe not Big G

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 02:18 PM

Look mate you are intentionally not getting it. Charlene has said she intends to. I caution her in a fraternal manner that minutes from this meeting have always been headed

CONFIDENTIAL – WORKING TOGETHER PARTICIPANTS/GROUPS ONLY. Hibs don't approve that for nowt.

If that changes fare enough.

BIG G

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Is 18 a good turnout or were the numbers boosted by the fans rep candidates?

5 were reps but Tracey, Frank, Amit and Gordon are all regular attendees. Don't believe they have missed a meeting in 2 years or not many.

lucky
14-02-2017, 02:28 PM
So anyone can attend and participate but can't post or tell fellow supporters the full details of the meeting? Seems an unusual format. I for one appreciate C F-S post. As for looking for votes good for her, least she's sticking by her pledge to communicate with support.

I also think most fans who are going vote will have already

GreenArmyyy!
14-02-2017, 02:34 PM
So anyone can attend and participate but can't post or tell fellow supporters the full details of the meeting? Seems an unusual format. I for one appreciate C F-S post. As for looking for votes good for her, least she's sticking by her pledge to communicate with support.

Minutes are released but in a format that the club choose to approve which is fair enough. People might be unhappy at the club being allowed to send out a censored version but at the end of the day they have their own reputation to protect and have every right to request any updates from said meetings are confidential until the club see fit.

mikethehibee69
14-02-2017, 02:43 PM
I think that ppl just need to take a deep breath, I've been to a WTG meeting in the past and we are asked that what is talked about isn't put onto social media websites and that an agreed minute will be available for ppl to see, I think that is what others are saying and I know the Hibs fans group are not trying to mudsling or belittle anyone, after all we are all hibees.

Jay
14-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Wow! Im thinking Frank and Amits silence was much better than this.

WS Hibs
14-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Wow! Im thinking Frank and Amits silence was much better than this.

[Arrested Devlopment voice] It wasn't.

Jay
14-02-2017, 02:50 PM
[Arrested Devlopment voice] It wasn't.

I think silence is better than premature posting and public bickering.

Brightside
14-02-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would bother standing tbh. It really doesnt seem worth it.

tartanhibee
14-02-2017, 02:55 PM
So let's work together but not share opinions or findings to fans. As an out of towner it's refreshing to see someone just post a brief outline of what was discussed.

matty_f
14-02-2017, 02:57 PM

It's not as simple as that, to be fair.

Folk are welcome to go along because the principle behind the group is that it brings expertise and manpower to the club to help it progress.

For that to be successful, it needs to have an element of trust where topics can be discussed at a level of detail that would not normally be made public.

That is fine so long as everyone understands that some stuff needs to remain with the intended audience, because (as has been pointed out) taken out of context some of the information can be interpreted in a way that is unhelpful or even damaging.

I don't think giving some bullet-pointed headlines on here or the Bounce contravenes that agreement, however when you go into the details then that rightly should stay within the minutes that go to the intended audience.

The post pointing out that the club didn't actually agree that it got hospitality wrong doesn't especially help the argument for sharing even the high level stuff on here without it coming from an 'approved' source.

matty_f
14-02-2017, 03:00 PM
So let's work together but not share opinions or findings to fans. As an out of towner it's refreshing to see someone just post a brief outline of what was discussed.

Working Together is about that though - working together. If you're an out of towner and not contributing to the groups then you have no 'right' to know what is discussed.

The reason the club have discussions about sensitive topics is so that people who are helping are in a position to do so. That doesn't mean that it should be shared to the general support.

Geo_1875
14-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Working Together is about that though - working together. If you're an out of towner and not contributing to the groups then you have no 'right' to know what is discussed.

The reason the club have discussions about sensitive topics is so that people who are helping are in a position to do so. That doesn't mean that it should be shared to the general support.

Then why advertise the meeting as open to all?

What you are describi9ng is a board meeting.

hibbysam
14-02-2017, 03:07 PM
This is my point.

Just my opinion.

If the meetings are open to everyone, as stated in the comms from the club, why would the minutes be confidential?? Seems very strange.

worcesterhibby
14-02-2017, 03:10 PM

That's fair enough but as a Hibs fan living in England myself, I found the update useful. I can also understand why a number of items or details might need to be kept in-house until progress is made.

It is worth pointing out though, that I've just been on to the "Working Together" page on the official Website and there is no sign of any "approved" minutes from previous meetings. I don't really see the point in telling people to wait for the approved minutes signed off by Hibs..if they are never actually available ??

matty_f
14-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Then why advertise the meeting as open to all?

What you are describi9ng is a board meeting.

No, it's not the same thing.

So if you want to help you go along to the group, have your input and hear what's being discussed.

To get the information you need to help (because you need the information to be able to help).

It is open to all and people are welcome to go and offer their help to the club, but if you're not in there contributing you don't need access to what's being discussed - at least not at a detailed level.

hibbymac
14-02-2017, 03:12 PM
I think that ppl just need to take a deep breath, I've been to a WTG meeting in the past and we are asked that what is talked about isn't put onto social media websites and that an agreed minute will be available for ppl to see, I think that is what others are saying and I know the Hibs fans group are not trying to mudsling or belittle anyone, after all we are all hibees.

It certainly looked like they were, ... bit strange that the name on the posts have changed from FansnewsFB to something else now.

matty_f
14-02-2017, 03:14 PM
That's fair enough but as a Hibs fan living in England myself, I found the update useful. I can also understand why a number of items or details might need to be kept in-house until progress is made.

It is worth pointing out though, that I've just been on to the "Working Together" page on the official Website and there is no sign of any "approved" minutes from previous meetings. I don't really see the point in telling people to wait for the approved minutes signed off by Hibs..if they are never actually available ??

The minutes (as I understand it, I've not been in a position to attend for a while now) are shared amongst those that attenended or have been part of the group.

I'm not sure there was ever an agreement to share the minutes on the official site, and there was certainly never an agreement to post them on here or the Bounce as far as I can remember.

I found the update interesting as well, by the way. I'm not criticising anyone for posting information - like I said I always interpreted the 'rules' as being that it would be ok to say (for example) that season tickets were being discussed, but saying that we were discussing them being £400 in the West Lower but £450 in the West Upper with loyalty points etc wouldn't be ok.

we are hibs
14-02-2017, 03:18 PM
It certainly looked like they were, ... bit strange that the name on the posts have changed from FansnewsFB to something else now.

Not a surprise at all considering the way they treat members on their group like children.

Ozyhibby
14-02-2017, 03:21 PM
I've been to a couple of these meetings and can say they are very worthwhile. And I don't see any problem with what has been shared here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
14-02-2017, 03:30 PM
The minutes (as I understand it, I've not been in a position to attend for a while now) are shared amongst those that attenended or have been part of the group.

I'm not sure there was ever an agreement to share the minutes on the official site, and there was certainly never an agreement to post them on here or the Bounce as far as I can remember.

I found the update interesting as well, by the way. I'm not criticising anyone for posting information - like I said I always interpreted the 'rules' as being that it would be ok to say (for example) that season tickets were being discussed, but saying that we were discussing them being £400 in the West Lower but £450 in the West Upper with loyalty points etc wouldn't be ok.

Fair enough Matty, I must have misunderstood the whole 'minutes' thing. I wish I could attend the meetings to be honest...jeez I wish I could get to ER more often..but a 12 hour round trip makes it tough. Well done to everyone who does attend and contributes to moving the club forward - Proper Hibbies ! :greengrin:flag::flag::greengrin

matty_f
14-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Fair enough Matty, I must have misunderstood the whole 'minutes' thing. I wish I could attend the meetings to be honest...jeez I wish I could get to ER more often..but a 12 hour round trip makes it tough. Well done to everyone who does attend and contributes to moving the club forward - Proper Hibbies ! :greengrin:flag::flag::greengrin

You've no chance of getting there on time, hard enough getting to ER from the Gyle for 6pm!

Andy74
14-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Who can't wait for fan ownership? No, me neither.

hibee_nation
14-02-2017, 03:42 PM

BIG G

Wasn't aimed at yourself G

If Charlene was fishing for votes its worked i'm gonna vote for her now.

Hopefully a happy medium can be found where more info is passed down but what needs to remain private does so.

Ozyhibby
14-02-2017, 03:47 PM

Me. Looked how engaged everyone is becoming and making the club a better place.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 03:51 PM

I requested admin change the name as someone had implied it was Tracey Smith because of her connection to the group. Felt my comments are better said from an individual account and not the Fans News group.

Andy.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Not a surprise at all considering the way they treat members on their group like children.

Really? Please enlighten us..

Brightside
14-02-2017, 03:55 PM
I requested admin change the name as someone had implied it was Tracey Smith because of her connection to the group. Felt my comments are better said from an individual account and not the Fans News group.

Andy.

Nobody implied it was Tracey. She has shown herself to be above some of the recent remarks. I only hope the Fans News affiliation doesnt count against her as she is proving to be an excellent candidate.

hibsbollah
14-02-2017, 04:01 PM
I'm really hoping this thread is a sort of 'in joke' that I'm not getting. Otherwise it's fairly embarrassing and doesn't reflect well on anybody.

bigwheel
14-02-2017, 04:03 PM
protocols, confidentiality......people are overly sensitive on here. It was a fans/club meeting - not Neil Lennon's match prep for Saturday!

Someone simply shared some headlines....There is nothing wrong with that.

As someone said earlier though - I am so glad we are not a fan run club...imagine if there were important topics to decide on...yikes!

HappyHanlon
14-02-2017, 04:07 PM
More updates Charlene! Keep up the good work.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2017, 04:17 PM

:hilarious debate after debate. can't wait.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 04:18 PM
protocols, confidentiality......people are overly sensitive on here. It was a fans/club meeting - not Neil Lennon's match prep for Saturday!

As someone said earlier though - I am so glad we are not a fan run club...imagine if there were important topics to decide on...yikes!

I get where you are coming from but these aren't the rules set by the attendees. These are the rules set by the club. And if people saw past their desire to just moan for the sake of it and look at the justification for the rules then this wouldn't be am issue. (Not meaning yourself with this comment)

Point also stands that until today no one in the WTG group has posted the information before minutes were released and the reasons behind Charlene posting the information was purely for her own benefits. It will be interesting to see if she continues to attend these meetings if she is unsuccessful in election.

And obviously this is my own opinion. People love twisting comments on social media and forums. Another wee point as to why due diligence is required.

Andy74
14-02-2017, 04:18 PM

I think if these things have been going on for some time, and they have, and there are some protocols in place about communication afterwards then it's a bit off to swan into one meeting and take it upon yourself to tell everyone what went on just because it's election time. It's pretty crass self interest and not really a genuine communication piece.

Agree though, it's this sort of stuff that puts me off reps, associations and whatever else. Being fan run doesn't give me a warm feeling.

Brightside
14-02-2017, 04:24 PM
I get where you are coming from but these aren't the rules set by the attendees. These are the rules set by the club. And if people saw past their desire to just moan for the sake of it and look at the justification for the rules then this wouldn't be am issue. (Not meaning yourself with this comment)

Point also stands that until today no one in the WTG group has posted the information before minutes were released and the reasons behind Charlene posting the information was purely for her own benefits. It will be interesting to see if she continues to attend these meetings if she is unsuccessful in election.

And obviously this is my own opinion. People live twisting comments on social media and forums. Another wee point as to why due diligence is required.

People have posted stuff from many of the joint fans meetings in the past few years. Charlene has posted this because she is standing on a ticket on more open communication. She has disclosed nothing that is confidential.

Can I ask what you bring to the WTG meeting?

bigwheel
14-02-2017, 04:25 PM
I think if these things have been going on for some time, and they have, and there are some protocols in place about communication afterwards then it's a bit off to swan into one meeting and take it upon yourself to tell everyone what went on just because it's election time. It's pretty crass self interest and not really a genuine communication piece.

Agree though, it's this sort of stuff that puts me off reps, associations and whatever else. Being fan run doesn't give me a warm feeling.

I was ignoring any likely "self interest" element...tbh Never voted for this individual anyway..

My take was a little of the opposite..it's good that the key topics from these meetings were shared...might make people more interested in getting involved. It is a club and fan working group after all.

Yes, give me a dictator any day over all this management by democracy! :greengrin

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 04:26 PM
People have posted stuff from many of the joint fans meetings in the past few years. Charlene has posted this because she is standing on a ticket on more open communication. She has disclosed nothing that is confidential.

Can I ask what you bring to the WTG meeting?

Can I ask if you attend the meetings?

worcesterhibby
14-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Come on let's all stop bickering and let this one rest !

matty_f
14-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Come on let's all stop bickering and let this one rest !

:agree:

The thread will be getting closed unless it goes back on topic.

Brightside
14-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Can I ask if you attend the meetings?

You can. I don't. My other roles do not afford the time to attend or stand on any of the reps boards. Otherwise i would.

Santa Cruz
14-02-2017, 04:29 PM
It sounds as like a 'Terms of Reference' is required before this group go any further.

Brightside
14-02-2017, 04:30 PM
I was ignoring any likely "self interest" element...tbh Never voted for this individual anyway..

My take was a little of the opposite..it's good that the key topics from these meetings were shared...might make people more interested in getting involved. It is a club and fan working group after all.

Yes, give me a dictator any day over all this management by democracy! :greengrin

This was going to be my next point. 18 people went to the meeting. Surely they need more people attending these meetings? But its a closed shop and no one is allowed to talk about it.... very odd.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Another absolute embarrassment of a thread.

Some folk on here need to take a deep breath before posting.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 04:36 PM
You can. I don't. My other roles do not afford the time to attend or stand on any of the reps boards. Otherwise i would.

That's fair enough. Think that's the reason most don't attend.

As for your question i bring the same as everyone else, ideas, debate and my personal time to help the club in any way i can.

Johnny Clash
14-02-2017, 04:48 PM
I found the summary of the points discussed interesting. Good to know these things are getting raised by the group.

I've maybe missed previous information that's been distributed but I get the impression from what's being said that despite detailed minutes being agreed - these minutes are only for people who can make it to meetings. I don't understand the reason for that but agree with Big G's point that we now need to look at the best way to handle this.

Folk also talk about 'the club' agreeing? I'm not sure what's meant by 'the club'. Is that the board of directors, or Rod, or Leeann or a club admin person?

I don't think anyone intentionally wants to surpress information that's of interest to the Hibs support I just think we need to work out the best way to do this. After all - every single candidate for Supporters Rep has pledged to improve communication!

lyonhibs
14-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Some Jambo-esque stuffiness and nit picking going on here.

Thanks for the update.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2017, 04:52 PM
I like the cut of her gib, Charlene got my vote along with Tracey. If i could have voted twice for Charlene i would have.

She stated there would be much more communication if she's elected, something i'm all for.

Now i'm sure if she's done something wrong here, someone will be along very quickly to point it out, but as far as i can see she's doing just fine and would certainly communicate better through all kinds of ways, better than anything we've previously seen. :top marks

superfurryhibby
14-02-2017, 04:53 PM

The thread will be getting closed unless it goes back on topic.

Dont do that Matty, despite the ridic nature of some posts, it has actually been educational and raises te profile of the WTG platform. It's piqued my interest and made me interested in attending. Just deal with those who can't be civil and let the discussion carry on:aok:

Ozyhibby
14-02-2017, 05:09 PM
The working together guys have done a great job since they started. Just because there are the odd exchange of views doesn't mean we should stop getting the fans involved. This is a healthy thing.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I like the cut of her gib, Charlene got my vote along with Tracey. If i could have voted twice for Charlene i would have.

She stated there would be much more communication if she's elected, something i'm all for.

Now i'm sure if she's done something wrong here, someone will be along very quickly to point it out, but as far as i can see she's doing just fine and would certainly communicate better through all kinds of ways, better than anything we've previously seen. :top marks

Is it 2 votes per person? Someone on here said it was only 1.

hibee_girl
14-02-2017, 05:14 PM

It's 2, I voted earlier today

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 05:15 PM
I found the summary of the points discussed interesting. Good to know these things are getting raised by the group.

I've maybe missed previous information that's been distributed but I get the impression from what's being said that despite detailed minutes being agreed - these minutes are only for people who can make it to meetings. I don't understand the reason for that but agree with Big G's point that we now need to look at the best way to handle this.

Folk also talk about 'the club' agreeing? I'm not sure what's meant by 'the club'. Is that the board of directors, or Rod, or Leeann or a club admin person?

I don't think anyone intentionally wants to surpress information that's of interest to the Hibs support I just think we need to work out the best way to do this. After all - every single candidate for Supporters Rep has pledged to improve communication!

Spot on Johnny. In all the time I have been involved, except recently when my boy Shaun was ill, the blithering keyboard warriors, who have attacked work done by folk willing to do a bit, could in most cases got off their ***** and attended to shape things. No chance! There have never been more than 30 tops I guess at these meetings, including folk on here like Mattyf, who spent their own time trying to make things better between Hibernian FC and the Hibs supporters. Many positive things have came out of these meetings/groups. I invite cordially all the Moaning Minnies to attend, particularly those within 45 minutes of ER.

“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.”
― Benjamin Franklin

GGTTH

BIG G

marinello59
14-02-2017, 05:16 PM

You have 2 votes, up to you if you use them both. Only one vote per candidate though.

Golden Bear
14-02-2017, 05:20 PM
My goodness, if nothing else, some of the posts on this thread have firmly cemented my fears on the possible ramifications of fan ownership.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 05:21 PM
You have 2 votes, up to you if you use them both. Only one vote per candidate though.

My fear is that the turnout will be derisory marinello. Hope it isnae but fear it may.

BIG G

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 05:21 PM

Just out of curiosity, and before its twisted its an honest question and not a dig...

What makes you think that just because Charlene has stated she will increase communication from meetings that she will? Have you ever wondered why Amit and Frank don't relay so much info from board meetings? I for one wouldn't think it's because they are lazy or don't want to.

So much is put on communication but I'm just wondering if restraints regarding confidentially is the reason we don't hear as much from the current reps. If that's the case how will that change because Charlene says so?

Radium
14-02-2017, 05:22 PM
As someone who is looking for a bit more openness from the club I like the idea of a thread discussing the meeting.

I am sure there was a thread over the summer about discussions that were taking place about shop merchandise but not sure if it was from the working group. Not sure it led to much though.

Going forward I would expect the club to be driving the content - I see this as consultation not negotiation so it needs to be limited to what the club is prepared to consider.

I suspect that many reading the thread will see a level of electioneering but given that Charlene has promoted wider communication I understand the reason for publishing.

Am I right in thinking that the club has an official account on here?

marinello59
14-02-2017, 05:24 PM
My fear is that the turnout will be derisory marinello. Hope it isnae but fear it may.

BIG G

I don't think it was that great last time. I had to wade through a couple of pages on the clubs website before I found the link to vote which is far from ideal.

Gerard
As a long standing attender of WT It was good to see the continuing support of the Club by the attendance and contribution of directors and staff.WT has contributed to making our club better in many ways.I suggest that if any person has not been to a meeting to attend the next on which will be posted on the official Hibs website.

ajf

:top marks me too

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, and before its twisted its an honest question and not a dig...

What makes you think that just because Charlene has stated she will increase communication from meetings that she will? Have you ever wondered why Amit and Frank don't relay so much info from board meetings? I for one wouldn't think it's because they are lazy or don't want to.

So much is put on communication but I'm just wondering if restraints regarding confidentially is the reason we don't hear as much from the current reps. If that's the case how will that change because Charlene says so?

Because i believe her, and i also believe tracey will too. Amit has also said it and i believe him too. Frank says he would do more of it, i dont believe he will.

My votes are cast for the two women, because i think they will both be a breath of fresh air and not just give us lip service as i believe the present two have done.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2017, 05:32 PM

And obviously this is my own opinion. People love twisting comments on social media and forums. Another wee point as to why due diligence is required.
[emoji106] I'm in danger of agreeing with you here[emoji6]

Actually because of the previous methods of dealing with the situation I think you're right.

Forza Fred
14-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Don't see anything reported that is of a contentious nature, and grateful to hear about other fans views that were discussed in a face to face forum.....

As someone said, even the White House leaks, and I'm sure they discuss things nearly as top secret as the number of faulty cup final videos!

Even though I'm at the other side of the world I'm sure if I made no more than two phone calls I could end up with information about what was discussed, so don't get the need for 'secrecy' that some are alluding to.......unless of course a contentious issue comes up and attendees are asked not to publicly give names or specific details..

But reality is nearly all when they got home after the meeting if asked by their partner 'how did it go' would NOT answer....'sorry, can't tell you'.....so any expectation of 'confidentiality' from a volunteer forum would be I suggest.....unrealistic.

As I say, just happy to read the general issues discussed, and at a time when most people have been calling for open communication, seems a plus rather than a negative....

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 05:35 PM
[emoji106] I'm in danger of agreeing with you here[emoji6]

Actually because of the previous methods of dealing with the situation I think you're right.

Careful.... Couple folk on here will no like that 😂

silverhibee
14-02-2017, 05:42 PM

Agree with this G, she has stated what she is going to do regards communicating with the fans and so far she has kept her word on that, my problem with Frank is he doesn't do social media so can't or won't communicate through Hibs sites such as this site and the bounce and other outlets for Hibs fans, and Amit who does do social media, but is very rarely heard on these sites, a common feature with Amit is when things are needing addressed he is not available due to being on holiday or spending time with his family, he has a smart phone so it shouldn't matter where he is he should be able to give 10 minutes of his time to look on sites to see what the fans are "moaning" about and let us know he is looking in to these matters, a wee example would be "the fans being locked out of the game on Sunday", where was Frank & Amit, our present fans reps, to let us know what went wrong, if they did say anything about it to the club then let the fans know. That's communicating with the fans.

Still undecided whether i will vote this time round, but if I do it will be Charlene & Tracey that get my votes. A change of wind is needed. :wink::greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 05:43 PM
As a long standing attender of WT It was good to see the continuing support of the Club by the attendance and contribution of directors and staff.WT has contributed to making our club better in many ways.I suggest that if any person has not been to a meeting to attend the next on which will be posted on the official Hibs website.

Spot on Gerard.

BIG G

BSEJVT
14-02-2017, 05:43 PM
If ever a thread encapsulated the utter absurdity of having Fans Reps on the board it is this.

It was a sop required for a different stage in the clubs evolution that is no longer required.

This and every other thread I have read on the topic has degenerated into folk sticking up for their preferred candidate and doing down others.

This is probably the most shining example.

As a fan its difficult to see what if anything it has achieved and what if anything it is likely to other than to create further mistrust within factions of the support.

The Hibs Fans News agenda is so transparent a 3 year old could see through it.

I haven't heard one useful piece of information that the club hasn't delivered itself and wouldn't have anyway.

We have the two supposed leading candidates, one of whom invaded another's thread to publicise her own candidacy (classy) and the other of whom has left herself open to all sorts of accusation by releasing information that many think shouldn't have been released.

If those are the two leading candidates then heaven help us if we elect any of the rest as the two leading ones have by their actions shown themselves completely unsuitable for any role on any board.

Time to scrap the experiment IMO until we get to relive the nightmare for real when HSL get their mandatory seat after reaching the set percentage.

I cant wait

Heaven help us if we ever truly become completely fan owned.

greenlex
14-02-2017, 05:49 PM

The Coulor of ***** scene from Braveheart always springs to mind for me when fan ownership is discussed.

Forza Fred
14-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Hi folks, as you'll note in my first post mentioned that these are not comprehensive minutes for the meeting, and that Tracey and Colin were looking into how these could be shared on the site. These are my own notes on a meeting that was advertised on the club website as open to all :)

Think given the nature of some of the topics getting more views is a great thing, and while I thought the meeting was very productive we have to recognise that not everyone can attend on a weekday evening.

Cheers,

Charlene

Given my location, your last paragraph is spot on!

Doesn't mean I don't want to read what is going on, AND where possible contribute.

Shake my head a bit at some calls for a 'secret squirrel' type approach to innocuous stuff discussed☹️

Andy74
14-02-2017, 05:53 PM
It sounds as like a 'Terms of Reference' is required before this group go any further.

I think the group have been going for some time knowing the protocol.

There's a way to go about helping communication. Steaming in with a different approach after one meeting to prove an election point isn't it.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 05:56 PM
If ever a thread encapsulated the utter absurdity of having Fans Reps on the board it is this.

It was a sop required for a different stage in the clubs evolution that is no longer required.

This and every other thread I have read on the topic has degenerated into folk sticking up for their preferred candidate and doing down others.

This is probably the most shining example.

As a fan its difficult to see what if anything it has achieved and what if anything it is likely to other than to create further mistrust within factions of the support.

The Hibs Fans News agenda is so transparent a 3 year old could see through it.

I haven't heard one useful piece of information that the club hasn't delivered itself and wouldn't have anyway.

We have the two supposed leading candidates, one of whom invaded another's thread to publicise her own candidacy (classy) and the other of whom has left herself open to all sorts of accusation by releasing information that many think shouldn't have been released.

If those are the two leading candidates then heaven help us if we elect any of the rest as the two leading ones have by their actions shown themselves completely unsuitable for any role on any board.

Time to scrap the experiment IMO until we get to relive the nightmare for real when HSL get their mandatory seat after reaching the set percentage.

I cant wait

Heaven help us if we ever truly become completely fan owned.

Who has invaded a post to publicise a candidacy? It's amazing how comments on this thread reinforce the need for due diligence and as such moderation of information before being published.

Everyone reads posts and interpritates then to best suit there own agenda. THIS is why you can't just willy nilly post club information because you think the fans need to know.

Not once has Tracey commented on this thread but you post that she has "invaded another's thread to publicise her own candidacy (classy)" why?

hibsbollah
14-02-2017, 05:58 PM
I can't help it, you've just got to :faf:

Does it cross anyone's mind you might have forgotten why you're supposed to be doing it in the first place?

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2017, 06:00 PM

I sincerely hope that is badly worded mate ......... because it reads terribly. Are you seriously saying that 'out of town' fans have no right to get to know the subjects discussed at the 'open to all' working together meetings because their geographical location puts them at a disadvantage when it comes to attending these meetings?

Is that the same out of town fans who like me drive an 80 mile round trip in all weather on ***** roads to go to every home game when some so called Hibs fans cant be arsed to jump on a number 1 or 35 bus to go a few miles across town ..... is that the same out of town fans like me and the guy beside me in the ticket queue this morning who had come all the way from Gala and in his case Irvine just to make sure we got tickets?

Don't talk to me about contributing.

ancient hibee
14-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Not sure if Charlene has breached confidentiality or not.If it's made clear that participants should not publicise what's gone on then they should not take part unless they stick by the rules.The obvious danger is one person's view of what has happened is given a public airing but may not be the same view of others at the meeting.We've all got examples of that.

BSEJVT
14-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Who has invaded a post to publicise a candidacy? It's amazing how comments on this thread reinforce the need for due diligence and as such moderation of information before being published.

Everyone reads posts and interpritates then to best suit there own agenda. THIS is why you can't just willy nilly post club information because you think the fans need to know.

Not once has Tracey commented on this thread but you post that she has "invaded another's thread to publicise her own candidacy (classy)" why?

Not a problem

Look at Charlene's initial thread introducing herself and spot the interloper.

bingo70
14-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I can't help it, you've just got to :faf:

Does it cross anyone's mind you might have forgotten why you're supposed to be doing it in the first place?

Was thinking the same thing.

This is meant to be fun, how anyone can be arsed with the office politics that appears to be getting introduced I'll never know.

Good luck to anyone that wants to get involved but I couldn't think of anything worse.

In the bigger scheme of things there's Clearly nothing wrong with the op and no damage has been done.

flash
14-02-2017, 06:35 PM

Apparently Liam Henderson was there too.

hibs0666
14-02-2017, 06:51 PM
It sounds like these meetings are the Hibs version of the lodge minus the goat.

Mikey
14-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Was anything said about ST holders in Section 50? (that's the black seats in the FF).

Last year's ST launch letter stated that we might be shifted this time round.

Mikey
14-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Apparently he does turn up to the odd meeting :wink:

Bostonhibby
14-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Careful.... Couple folk on here will no like that 😂
Don't worry, once a year won't do me any harm.

You'll do something I disagree with soon.

macca70
14-02-2017, 07:02 PM

I think Charlene hit the nail on the head regarding communication.

Providing fellow fans with a high level overview of the issues discussed without compromising any sensitive or confidential information, that's exactly what the fans rep role is all about.

Charlene was pro active and used her initiative but this seems to have touched a nerve.

Seems to be competition for who is going to communicate the updates from the working group meeting as it seems like folk think it will give them the edge over other candidates hence Hibs Fans News shooting down the OP

mikethehibee69
14-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Not a problem

Look at Charlene's initial thread introducing herself and spot the interloper.

Are you talking about this OP or another one? It's a bit confusing

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Given my location, your last paragraph is spot on!

Doesn't mean I don't want to read what is going on, AND where possible contribute.

Shake my head a bit at some calls for a 'secret squirrel' type approach to innocuous stuff discussed☹️

To be fair Fred you have no idea, thankfully, of what happened on the Loyalty Points working group or how we, Brockie,Frank, Amit, Mr Mailer, myself and Mr Dunn slogged it out and came to our worked out suggestions for the scheme and nor should you, except for the group decision. No problem with that. Disappointed that it was scrapped though on a personal level . Many of they same folk on here and the Bounce that shouted loudly got it wrong and are now silent. As someone who kind of knows what protocol means as working in Leith Docks for 20 years much of the time as Convenor of Shop Stewards at SAI and 20 years at the largest Siilcon manufacturer on this planet, latterly as Senior Engineering Manager, some of the stuff on this thread is daft extremely daft at the best. As I have said I give an overall summary of what has happened to St. Patrick's Branch members, as I will on Thursday when Super Joe Tortolano is speaking, however I will always follow the protocol that Hibernian and the quality punters who attend these meetings agree and adhere to. Otherwise it would be total self indulgence.

BIG G

matty_f
14-02-2017, 07:14 PM
I sincerely hope that is badly worded mate ......... because it reads terribly. Are you seriously saying that 'out of town' fans have no right to get to know the subjects discussed at the 'open to all' working together meetings because their geographical location puts them at a disadvantage when it comes to attending these meetings?

Is that the same out of town fans who like me drive an 80 mile round trip in all weather on ***** roads to go to every home game when some so called Hibs fans cant be arsed to jump on a number 1 or 35 bus to go a few miles across town ..... is that the same out of town fans like me and the guy beside me in the ticket queue this morning who had come all the way from Gala and in his case Irvine just to make sure we got tickets?

Don't talk to me about contributing.

Must have been badly worded if you've missed the point that much, or you've not read other posts in the thread.

I'm referring to the detail of the discussions, stuff that folk need to know to be able to help with but would otherwise not be for public consumption.

I'm an out of towner myself, by the way.

bigwheel
14-02-2017, 07:14 PM
To be fair Fred you have no idea, thankfully, of what happened on the Loyalty Points working group or how we, Brockie,Frank, Amit, Mr Mailer, myself and Mr Dunn slogged it out and came to our worked out suggestions for the scheme and nor should you, except for the group decision. No problem with that. Disappointed that it was scrapped though on a personal level . Many of they same folk on here and the Bounce that shouted loudly got it wrong and are now silent. As someone who kind of knows what protocol means as working in Leith Docks for 20 years much of the time as Convenor of Shop Stewards at SAI and 20 years at the largest Siilcon manufacturer on this planet, latterly as Senior Engineering Manager, some of the stuff on this thread is daft extremely daft at the best. As I have said I give an overall summary of what has happened to St. Patrick's Branch members, as I will on Thursday when Super Joe Tortolano is speaking, however I will always follow the protocol that Hibernian and the quality punters who attend these meetings agree and adhere to. Otherwise it would be total self indulgence.

BIG G

Tbh...I'm now confused...what's the difference between you sharing with St Patrick's Branch Members on Thursday and someone from the meeting sharing the main topics here?

Craig_HFC
14-02-2017, 07:18 PM
A few folk on this thread would be right at home wearing a cardigan on the board of a Bowling Club.

C Feeney-Seale
14-02-2017, 07:19 PM
It was my first Working Together group, and as I said in the OP I was very impressed with the discussion.

However, let's recognise that however capable they may be, 18 people in one room will not consider the issues from every angle. Look at the topics we discussed last night, one of which was how effective the tannoy system is around the stadium - clearly something we need to hear from as many fans as possible to fully understand.

Now, I also said in the OP that formal minutes were being prepared and that the club were looking to circulate them more widely than before - so I think it's quite clear that what I've posted has been my own reflections.

Working Together is a group all fans are invited to, and at least in my experience there was no non disclosure agreement or anything else - this wasn't a board meeting. Obviously, getting more fans around the table is great but we have to recognise that people have commitments, not everyone can attend and so I think something like sharing high level reflections on the topics discussed are a great way to get more views into the mix.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 07:21 PM

Providing fellow fans with a high level overview of the issues discussed without compromising any sensitive or confidential information, that's exactly what the fans rep role is all about.

Charlene was pro active and used her initiative but this seems to have touched a nerve.

Seems to be competition for who is going to communicate the updates from the working group meeting as it seems like folk think it will give them the edge over other candidates hence Hibs Fans News shooting down the OP

Another person reading comments and interpretating them as they wish. Its not about competition its about following the rules. Not just doing what you like after attending one meeting and thinking your more important than others.

And Hibs Fans news didnt shoot her down I did. 👍

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Sorry mate. Communicating is spot on. I have done it from these meetings for years. Linking to minutes marked Confidential etc etc is daft. It's Hibs saying this not me. If the minutes come out from Tracey as per normal with same proviso and Charlene links them she is either not listening to fraternal advice or a dafty.

Anyone fancy grasping the keyboard bullet and actually getting involved? I wait with bated breath.

BIG G

bingo70
14-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Another person reading comments and interpretating them as they wish. Its not about competition its about following the rules. Not just doing what you like after attending one meeting and thinking your more important than others.

Or applying common sense to the rules?

Sharing what's allowed and not disclosing the confidential stuff would seem pretty sensible to me?

Forza Fred
14-02-2017, 07:27 PM

BIG G

I agree I don't need to know a 'who said what 'run down on the individual topics', and not interested in minute detail, ....but I don't see the problem with the overview that Charlene provided, and as you openly state.... apparently you will provide a similar one on Thursday at your branch meeting.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 07:28 PM

Sharing what's allowed and not disclosing the confidential stuff would seem pretty sensible to me?

And who decides what is and is not "Confidential" or information that is at too early a planning stage to be released for various reasons? Charlene?

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Tbh...I'm now confused...what's the difference between you sharing with St Patrick's Branch Members on Thursday and someone from the meeting sharing the main topics here?

Nothing whatsoever. As it happens the official minutes are requested as per Confidential...ie 'Entrusted with the confidence of another'. I am not saying I agree with that however, I agree with rules until they are changed. If you fancy changing that go along or it is all piss and wind mate.

BIG G

Hiber-nation
14-02-2017, 07:29 PM
"Working Together" eh? You couldn't make it up.

Golden Bear
14-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Is it a rule that minutes of a meeting require to be approved before they can be discussed openly by a wider audience?

Magnus
14-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Look at the topics we discussed last night, one of which was how effective the tannoy system is around the stadium - clearly something we need to hear from as many fans as possible to fully understand.
When the stadium is empty we need one guy from a sound company to talk on the mike and another guy from the same company to stand and listen in each section of the ground to 'fully understand.'

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Is it a rule that minutes of a meeting require to be approved before they can be discussed openly by a wider audience?

Think that's a given. Any communication effectively coming from the club surely needs to be vetted first. Same with any company really..... well maybe not The Rangers FC Plc.

bingo70
14-02-2017, 07:34 PM
And who decides what is and is not "Confidential" or information that is at too early a planning stage to be released for various reasons? Charlene?

Common sense would dictate that.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Probably worth mentioning I get emailed the 'confidential' WT minutes every month. I attended about 2 meetings right back when WT was in it's infancy and have never attended since. I've asked at least 4 or 5 times to be removed from the mailing list but every month the minutes and agendas duly arrive. Maybe WT needs to check it's own adherence to confidentiality.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:36 PM

Goats? Get yourself along to the next Working Together meeting Billy and prove yourself utterly wrong Kid.

BIG G

hibee_nation
14-02-2017, 07:37 PM

That's what i don't get too. What bit of what Charlene has posted would not be right for the St Pats branch to hear from Big G.

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Common sense would dictate that.

That's a lot of faith in a non employee of the football club having Common sense when it comes to club information.

marinello59
14-02-2017, 07:41 PM
A wee request here. Please don't make personally derogatory remarks about any of the candidates. Well done to each and every one of them for standing, the least we can do is treat them with respect whether we agree with any points they have made or not.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:42 PM
"Working Together" eh? You couldn't make it up.

You could amigo. 30 minutes fae the Honest Toun. Get in there.

BIG G

hibsbollah
14-02-2017, 07:44 PM
A wee request here. Please don't make personally derogatory remarks about any of the candidates. Well done to each and every one of them for standing, the least we can do is treat them with respect whether we agree with any points they have made or not.
:top marks

It shouldn't need saying really.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:45 PM

Nobody has amigo or have I missed something. If I have, good, as it has no place on the substantive issue.

BIG G

Martin Dundas
14-02-2017, 07:46 PM
I unfortunately couldn't make it last night, but as one of the often maligned candidates, my attendance would no doubt have been seized upon as self-promoting opportunism :-)

Martin Dundas
14-02-2017, 07:47 PM

Thanks for that

matty_f
14-02-2017, 07:48 PM

Forza Fred
Goats? Get yourself along to the next Working Together meeting Billy and prove yourself utterly wrong Kid.

BIG G

Don't get me started on goats!

I had two hulking, huge horned Angorra Goats, called Paddy and Jimmy.

Named after Pat Stanton and Jimmy O'Rourke.

When thye stood on two legs they towered above me and I'm the size Alan Gordon was.

Mr O'Rourke got to meet his namesake, but unfortunately Paddy did not.

That's it, I'm off for a spot of breakfast.

Stantons Angel
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

As far as i know the Working together group has been meeting on weeknights for a long time now.

They have also been successful in putting things to the club that have prompted changes over the past while.

As this was your first meeting you may not be aware that they have had visits from board members and
members of the back ground footballing staff discussing matters that they thought needed bringing up.

I agree that Tracey does a grand job as the secretary of the group in issuing minutes of the meetings to the group and passing on information to the fans from these meetings.

in publishing your own notes you may have given information the club may have wished to discuss further with those attending the meetings and within the smaller groups?

The club themselves may rather some of the actual subjects raised remained silent till more discussion and research is done on them.

My post is not meant as a "dig" or anything like it, its just my observations which i hope you may find helpful.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:49 PM
That's what i don't get too. What bit of what Charlene has posted would not be right for the St Pats branch to hear from Big G.

9 posts above amigo.

BIG G

guillaume
14-02-2017, 07:51 PM
It was my first Working Together group, and as I said in the OP I was very impressed with the discussion.

However, let's recognise that however capable they may be, 18 people in one room will not consider the issues from every angle. Look at the topics we discussed last night, one of which was how effective the tannoy system is around the stadium - clearly something we need to hear from as many fans as possible to fully understand.

Now, I also said in the OP that formal minutes were being prepared and that the club were looking to circulate them more widely than before - so I think it's quite clear that what I've posted has been my own reflections.

Working Together is a group all fans are invited to, and at least in my experience there was no non disclosure agreement or anything else - this wasn't a board meeting. Obviously, getting more fans around the table is great but we have to recognise that people have commitments, not everyone can attend and so I think something like sharing high level reflections on the topics discussed are a great way to get more views into the mix.

I very much appreciated the update Charlene, and your commitment to improving communications has secured you a vote from me.

I've never understood how fans directors are meant to achieve better relations between fans and the club unless there is more disclosure on what discussions are happening.

I hope you secure one of the posts and can continue in role as impressively as you've come across during the campaign.

Johnny Clash
14-02-2017, 07:51 PM

I think the point is that rightly or wrongly the WT group agreed that the minutes would be kept confidential to only those who attend or have attended meetings.

It could likewise be agreed to change that should there be a proposal at a future meeting. Nothing wrong with evolution!

Also I've said, I found the notes of things discussed interesting- nothing at all confidential but I do also take the point that whatever happens in the future needs to be clear and agreed. If there's 18 people attending a meeting then I'd bet few end up with a different recollection or interpretation of what was said or agreed.

It did occur to me for example, that our WT group referring to the Scottish Cup merchandise as a ' 'great success' was a bit strange given most supporters thought we were slow at getting stuff out. So perhaps the debate was purely about the DVD?? I dunno coz I wasnae there but that's why whatever comes our way should be agreed as a true reflection of what was said.

So having this debate is healthy. I'm sure it will mean that in future the good work of the WT group will be more widely appreciated and as Big G has said a few times now it will hopefully result in more people at the meetings.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I unfortunately couldn't make it last night, but as one of the often maligned candidates, my attendance would no doubt have been seized upon as self-promoting opportunism :-)

I think the candidates need to rise above any petty squabbles there may be.

To be fair, those who have made themselves available as candidates for the fans reps spot need to make themselves known to the fans, who are after all the people who will be voting for them.

If you don't get involved with the supporters Martin, how can you expect to reach them and convince them to vote for you?

ColinNish
14-02-2017, 07:56 PM
I think you'll find that once the fans reps for the next 2 years are announced communication will be pretty much the same. Amit and Frank have both intimated at meetings I've attended that their hands are tied at what they are allowed to communicate to the 'fans'.

GORDONSMITH7
14-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Don't get me started on goats!

I had two hulking, huge horned Angorra Goats, called Paddy and Jimmy.

Named after Pat Stanton and Jimmy O'Rourke.

When thye stood on two legs they towered above me and I'm the size Alan Gordon was.

Mr O'Rourke got to meet his namesake, but unfortunately Paddy did not.

That's it, I'm off for a spot of breakfast.

Two Angorra Coats. Lucky bassa at £3,700 a time that was mare than Pat and Jimmy goat each year playing for the Hibs Fred.......I'll get my Angorran.

http://img.mytheresa.com/1088/1088/66/jpeg/catalog/product/0f/P00199112.jpg

BIG G

HappyHibeeAG
14-02-2017, 08:00 PM
I think you'll find that once the fans reps for the next 2 years are announced communication will be pretty much the same. Amit and Frank have both intimated at meetings I've attended that their hands are tied at what they are allowed to communicate to the 'fans'.

Exactly. So how one candidate can state information will be fed back to the fans from meetings is delusional.

Johnny Clash
14-02-2017, 08:02 PM

Yeh but surely things like fixing the hot water in the bogs could be forthcoming bud.

I reckon there will now be an agreement within the WT group as to getting more info out to fans. Let's not forget Leeann has been at the forefront of introducing positive changes and initiatives so I'm sure this isn't going to be contraversial.

Stantons Angel
14-02-2017, 08:11 PM

Cheers,

CharleneA

As this was your first meeting you may not have been aware that the Working Together Group has been meeting on weekday evenings from its inception.

Maybe in publishing your own notes you have issued indications of things the club may not have wanted floated until further investigation and discussion had taken place with the WTG and the smaller groups within. ie the publishing of the minutes that Colin and Tracey are looking into. It might come about that this could not be in the interest of the group or the club but it would have to be looked into and discussed.

I understand that the more views given the wider the knowledge base becomes but as you say the meetings are open to all if interested in attending.

My post is not meant as a "dig" or anything like it, its just my observation of the situation.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Probably worth mentioning I get emailed the 'confidential' WT minutes every month. I attended about 2 meetings right back when WT was in it's infancy and have never attended since. I've asked at least 4 or 5 times to be removed from the mailing list but every month the minutes and agendas duly arrive. Maybe WT needs to check it's own adherence to confidentiality.

Case closed.

Martin Dundas
14-02-2017, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4944452]I think the candidates need to rise above any petty squabbles there may be.

To be fair, those who have made themselves available as candidates for the fans reps spot need to make themselves known to the fans, who are after all the people who will be voting for them.

If you don't get involved with the supporters Martin, how can you expect to reach them and convince them to vote for you?[/QUOTE

Trust me Blackpool, it's water off a duck's back! I have my style and others have theirs. It will either work or not I guess!!

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2017, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4944452]I think the candidates need to rise above any petty squabbles there may be.

If you don't get involved with the supporters Martin, how can you expect to reach them and convince them to vote for you?[/QUOTE

Trust me Blackpool, it's water off a duck's back! I have my style and others have theirs. It will either work or not I guess!!

No worries Martin, good luck in the vote. :top marks

Johnny Clash
14-02-2017, 08:43 PM

Aye, and for some mental reason I keep getting emails from FC Brondby .. no idea what they're saying so I just hit delete . No big deal!!!

Having said that maybe the answer is simply for those interested in learning the issues our WT group are discussing can add their names to the email chain? I'd have no problem receiving emails from our WT group.

bigwheel
14-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Nothing whatsoever. As it happens the official minutes are requested as per Confidential...ie 'Entrusted with the confidence of another'. I am not saying I agree with that however, I agree with rules until they are changed. If you fancy changing that go along or it is all piss and wind mate.

BIG G

Your response Is even more confusing - you said you are going to share the headlines from the meeting to your branch - sounds a good idea by the way ! Yet then you make a stance against sharing anything on here - because it's all "Marked confidential...".
Where is the consistency in that ?

Anyway as for "pissing in the wind" - that could relate to about 95% of the posts on here ... I'll tell you a secret - none of us influence the team selections when we post on here either [emoji6]

ColinNish
14-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Yeh but surely things like fixing the hot water in the bogs could be forthcoming bud.

I reckon there will now be an agreement within the WT group as to getting more info out to fans. Let's not forget Leeann has been at the forefront of introducing positive changes and initiatives so I'm sure this isn't going to be contraversial.

What's there to fix? There's nae taps!!😂

Tamhere1875
14-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Was said at the meeting last night that the minutes would be sent out and then be allowed to put on line. Looks like some ones jumped the gun. Or is this just another way of looking for votes.

Tamhere1875
14-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Plenty said on here about the together meeting by people who won't get of their ***** and attend the meetings. Always plenty room for newcomers to attend. Come along and put your points over tell the club what you would like done you never know your ideas might just be the one that counts

Jonnyboy
14-02-2017, 08:58 PM
I think the candidates need to rise above any petty squabbles there may be.

If you don't get involved with the supporters Martin, how can you expect to reach them and convince them to vote for you?

I know what you mean, G but I don't see any of the candidates squabbling on this thread - just a few posters looking to have a go at the candidate opposing their preferred choice

It's all a bit petty if you ask me

Golden Bear
14-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Was said at the meeting last night that the minutes would be sent out and then be allowed to put on line. Looks like some ones jumped the gun. Or is this just another way of looking for votes.

How often are the meetings held Tam?

Johnny Clash
14-02-2017, 09:25 PM
What's there to fix? There's nae taps!!😂
even worse over in Gorgie

... they've got nae cups!!

:flag:

Tamhere1875
14-02-2017, 09:48 PM
How often are the meetings held Tam?

Every couple of months

Sir David Gray
14-02-2017, 10:20 PM
My tuppenceworth, I personally don't see any issue with telling the public what was discussed at a meeting that any member of the public can attend!

It seems a bit daft if you ask me and I'm glad to hear about what they're discussing. If people hear about what's being brought up at these meetings, it might encourage others to go along one time if they hear that something they're quite passionate about has not been previously discussed.

hibbymac
14-02-2017, 10:23 PM

Andy.

They did, or maybe you did under the banner of FansnewsFB, until you asked admins to change the name.

whatever way it's put, it still comes across as using the "misuse of confidential minutes" argument, to smear a candidate that is up against another candidate, that is being backed by Fansnews.

pacoluna
14-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Am I the only person that doesn't give a toss about what happens off the pitch? 3 points on a Saturday and a cup run is all I care about.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Must have been badly worded if you've missed the point that much, or you've not read other posts in the thread.

I'm referring to the detail of the discussions, stuff that folk need to know to be able to help with but would otherwise not be for public consumption.

I'm an out of towner myself, by the way.

I had read the other posts Matty ...... I still had to read your post again a couple of times to get that you weren't having a go at out of towners though, apologies for having a go.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Am I the only person that doesn't give a toss about what happens off the pitch? 3 points on a Saturday and a cup run is all I care about.

Ach ..... half the fun is the off field goings on :greengrin

matty_f
14-02-2017, 11:11 PM
I had read the other posts Matty ...... I still had to read your post again a couple of times to get that you weren't having a go at out of towners though, apologies for having a go.

:aok:

greenlex
14-02-2017, 11:59 PM
I can see a story in the sun very shortly.

GORDONSMITH7
15-02-2017, 12:28 AM
A

As this was your first meeting you may not have been aware that the Working Together Group has been meeting on weekday evenings from its inception.

Maybe in publishing your own notes you have issued indications of things the club may not have wanted floated until further investigation and discussion had taken place with the WTG and the smaller groups within. ie the publishing of the minutes that Colin and Tracey are looking into. It might come about that this could not be in the interest of the group or the club but it would have to be looked into and discussed.

I understand that the more views given the wider the knowledge base becomes but as you say the meetings are open to all if interested in attending.

My post is not meant as a "dig" or anything like it, its just my observation of the situation.

The voice of 50 years of seeing The Hibernians home and away and having seen you at most over the decades puts this Democracy thang into perspective in the here and now J.

I guess that some of the bairns on here have **** all cognizance of what the bigger picture is. Kick on Kiddy Winkys

GGTTH

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7
15-02-2017, 12:49 AM
I know what you mean, G but I don't see any of the candidates squabbling on this thread - just a few posters looking to have a go at the candidate opposing their preferred choice

It's all a bit petty if you ask me

John I am at the stage that I am totally ambivalent. Hope you can get to your St.Pat's Super Joe Tortolano meeting. Spoke to Joe tonight. Utter Quality.

BIG G

Martin Dundas
15-02-2017, 01:05 AM

As a candidate for this rep post, I wouldn't go that far, but I agree with your general point. I genuinely believe that for most fans that turn up on a Saturday or watch / listen from a far, it's all about the football. That's certainly the feedback I get from the people I spend my time quietly talking with, face to face. Sometimes this "campaign" feels like we're voting for a new prime minister or brexit or something and that everything is broken and needs fixed. I'm really looking forward to going to Kirkcaldy on Saturday, then on to watch the hearts, dunfy and Morton games before the polls close on March 6th.

GORDONSMITH7
15-02-2017, 01:20 AM
As a candidate for this rep post, I wouldn't go that far, but I agree with your general point. I genuinely believe that for most fans that turn up on a Saturday or watch / listen from a far, it's all about the football. That's certainly the feedback I get from the people I spend my time quietly talking with, face to face. Sometimes this "campaign" feels like we're voting for a new prime minister or brexit or something and that everything is broken and needs fixed. I'm really looking forward to going to Kirkcaldy on Saturday, then on to watch the hearts, dunfy and Morton games before the polls close on March 6th.

No matter what I think about what you say above, you have had the balls to say it. Respect.

BIG G

Benny Brazil
15-02-2017, 06:53 AM
The voice of 50 years of seeing The Hibernians home and away and having seen you at most over the decades puts this Democracy thang into perspective in the here and now J.

I guess that some of the bairns on here have **** all cognizance of what the bigger picture is. Kick on Kiddy Winkys

GGTTH

BIG G

I am sure the "bairns" on here will bow to your superior knowledge and wisdom

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2017, 07:11 AM

GGTTH

BIG G

How condescending, deary me.

Brightside
15-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Exactly. So how one candidate can state information will be fed back to the fans from meetings is delusional.

But its OK for Big G to I've an overview to his Branch? What are we missing here? Charlene isn't going to link to the minutes UNLESS the club tell her its OK. She's only giving an overview like Big G will do. Seems they are both in the right? No?

ronaldo7
15-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Thanks for the notes C.

On point 5, was there no dissenting voices on the sub standard/lack of Scottish cup merchandise, or are we to take it the club were happy with the sales? The DVD's were always going to be a best seller, however, to say Scottish cup merchandising was a great success beggars belief.

Heisenberg
15-02-2017, 08:04 AM
What an absolute disaster some people have had here. Clearly upset a newcomer has come in and ruffled their wee feathers. This is a football club, not the United Nations. So someone shared their own notes? Not the end of the world. They are hardly sharing extremely confidential information either.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2017, 08:07 AM
But its OK for Big G to I've an overview to his Branch? What are we missing here? Charlene isn't going to link to the minutes UNLESS the club tell her its OK. She's only giving an overview like Big G will do. Seems they are both in the right? No?

That's the way I see it too, if I'm missing the point I would love to know what the point is.

hibsbollah
15-02-2017, 08:13 AM
What an absolute disaster some people have had here. Clearly upset a newcomer has come in and ruffled their wee feathers. This is a football club, not the United Nations. So someone shared their own notes? Not the end of the world. They are hardly sharing extremely confidential information either.

I'm surmising the whole thread is an elaborate hoax to avoid overcrowding at future meetings.

hibbysam
15-02-2017, 08:25 AM
That's the way I see it too, if I'm missing the point I would love to know what the point is.

And me three. It seems a few don't like that a candidate that is standing has done exactly as she said she would, after turning up at a meeting. They go on about getting more than 18 people there in future, yet slate the girl because she's never been to one before.

Absolute bombscare the lot of this. We want better communication, someone provides this and then gets taken to the cleaners for it. Unbelievable.

Beefster
15-02-2017, 08:37 AM
I think that, in amongst the bickering and blazer wrestling, folk are missing the real story here.

I for one cannot wait to buy my Scottish Cup commemorative BBQ tongs and burger flipper.

hibsbollah
15-02-2017, 08:40 AM
I think that, in amongst the bickering and blazer wrestling, folk are missing the real story here.

I for one cannot wait to buy my Scottish Cup commemorative BBQ tongs and burger flipper.

:faf: that bit tickled me as well.

marinello59
15-02-2017, 09:00 AM

:top marks

Johnny Clash
15-02-2017, 09:18 AM
And me three. It seems a few don't like that a candidate that is standing has done exactly as she said she would, after turning up at a meeting. They go on about getting more than 18 people there in future, yet slate the girl because she's never been to one before.

Absolute bombscare the lot of this. We want better communication, someone provides this and then gets taken to the cleaners for it. Unbelievable.

To be fair, as much as I believe it's been good to read about issues discussed at WT meetings I also take the point about the WT group have an agreed way of doing things (or not doing things) BUT that custom and practice can easily change in order to improve the dissemination of information to the Hibees support.

I honestly don't get the range of comments about 'bickering', 'slating candidates', 'bomb scare posts' and threats to close the thread down.

Feelings do run high during election periods but this is without doubt one of the most gentle elections I've ever witnessed. The point of being a candidate is to surely change things for the better otherwise there would be little point in standing. How you then make those changes is important and it can be done without hacking off equally good people who share a passion for Hibs.

There's been a decent debate here. Different opinions shared and the outcome will no doubt be more info coming out and improved attendances at future WT group meetings. No problem.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2017, 10:06 AM

:faf:

Being Hibs, you just know it will be the kind of barbeque set you can buy at the garage, a couple of coals in a silver foil tray. :wink:

Argylehibby
15-02-2017, 01:27 PM
There are 2 distinct tracks on this thread being 1 - the alleged secrecy around the minutes, commumication of the WT group and 2 - whether posting her notes on the meeting makes her a better candidate for Fans rep.

On point 1 - I have been attending WT meetings for last 2.5 years and there have been times when attendees were asked not to publicise items that were discussed at the meetings. Game Changer being one example as the club wanted to make that announcement at the appropriate time some days or perhaps weeks later. That apart the only consideration I am aware of is ensuring that any messages that go out are consistant and the best way of ensuring that is that multiple people don't post their own interpretation of what was said from hastily composed notes or from memory.

For an example of that process working is prior to his sons illness Big G was a regular, valued and very active member of the merchandise group with some of the items sold in the shop coming from his or the SP branch members suggestions. On occassions when that club wanted the group to gather ideas or pass on news to .net and the bounce the club, Big G and I discussed how that communication would read and we put up identical posts on the 2 sites. The message therefore stayed consistant and accurate. By contrast if you look at ronaldo7's post number 176 on this thread you get a good example of how someones interpretation of what was said at the group and wrongly published can lead to members on here getting the wrong message and the club getting an undeserved bashing.

The message delivered on Monday night was that "the shop had done very very well over the month of December with a high level of sales. for example the two versions of the calendar sold extremely well. Over 12k cup final DVD's had now been sold. The manager of the shop had stated that fewer than 100 were faulty and that the perception on social media that it was a lot more was unfounded". The opening post mentions "great success of Scottish Cup merchandise" and Ronaldo7 pick up on that and says that comment "beggers belief". If it was said it would indeed beggar belief but the truth is it wasn't said. The club have said at previous meetings and it's been posted on here by me that they could and should have done much much better. Merchandise took too long to get to the shop but that the buck stopped with them. They have not hidden from that fact but elected not to give reasons or mitigating circumstances for the failing. Ronaldo's post is quickly followed by other negative comments on BBQ items and club gets bashed again. I'm not having a go at Ronaldo7 or indeed at Charlene just pointing out what can and has happend when the message isn't managed centrally. I'm also not saying that the current way that the discussions are circulated is correct, I don't think it is but that's a different discussion which will no doubt feature at the next WT meeting.

On point 2 I'm not a advocating 1 way or another on any of the candidates. While my comments above may be interpreted as a dig at Charlene they are 100% not intended as such. As she says the WT group split into sub groups to discuss different topics and she stepped forward to take notes and present the comments from one of them which she did well. she was enthusiastic and did stop the conversations heading off at a tangent. She hasn't in her post given any information that is highly confidential and I'm sure if elected will as I'm sure she stated in another post not disclose all that is being discussed in the Boardroom.

BroxburnHibee
15-02-2017, 01:37 PM
There are 2 distinct tracks on this thread being 1 - the alleged secrecy around the minutes, commumication of the WT group and 2 - whether posting her notes on the meeting makes her a better candidate for Fans rep.

On point 1 - I have been attending WT meetings for last 2.5 years and there have been times when attendees were asked not to publicise items that were discussed at the meetings. Game Changer being one example as the club wanted to make that announcement at the appropriate time some days or perhaps weeks later. That apart the only consideration I am aware of is ensuring that any messages that go out are consistant and the best way of ensuring that is that multiple people don't post their own interpretation of what was said from hastily composed notes or from memory.

For an example of that process working is prior to his sons illness Big G was a regular, valued and very active member of the merchandise group with some of the items sold in the shop coming from his or the SP branch members suggestions. On occassions when that club wanted the group to gather ideas or pass on news to .net and the bounce the club, Big G and I discussed how that communication would read and we put up identical posts on the 2 sites. The message therefore stayed consistant and accurate. By contrast if you look at ronaldo7's post number 176 on this thread you get a good example of how someones interpretation of what was said at the group and wrongly published can lead to members on here getting the wrong message and the club getting an undeserved bashing.

The message delivered on Monday night was that "the shop had done very very well over the month of December with a high level of sales. for example the two versions of the calendar sold extremely well. Over 12k cup final DVD's had now been sold. The manager of the shop had stated that fewer than 100 were faulty and that the perception on social media that it was a lot more was unfounded". The opening post mentions "great success of Scottish Cup merchandise" and Ronaldo7 pick up on that and says that comment "beggers belief". If it was said it would indeed beggar belief but the truth is it wasn't said. The club have said at previous meetings and it's been posted on here by me that they could and should have done much much better. Merchandise took too long to get to the shop but that the buck stopped with them. They have not hidden from that fact but elected not to give reasons or mitigating circumstances for the failing. Ronaldo's post is quickly followed by other negative comments on BBQ items and club gets bashed again. I'm not having a go at Ronaldo7 or indeed at Charlene just pointing out what can and has happend when the message isn't managed centrally. I'm also not saying that the current way that the discussions are circulated is correct, I don't think it is but that's a different discussion which will no doubt feature at the next WT meeting.

On point 2 I'm not a advocating 1 way or another on any of the candidates. While my comments above may be interpreted as a dig at Charlene they are 100% not intended as such. As she says the WT group split into sub groups to discuss different topics and she stepped forward to take notes and present the comments from one of them which she did well. she was enthusiastic and did stop the conversations heading off at a tangent. She hasn't in her post given any information that is highly confidential and I'm sure if elected will as I'm sure she stated in another post not disclose all that is being discussed in the Boardroom.

That's a great post. Thanks.

Geo_1875
15-02-2017, 03:40 PM

I'll be buying two. One to use and one to put away for posterity. I'm an uberHibby.

Baldy Foghorn
15-02-2017, 04:24 PM

Cracking post J:aok:

BSEJVT
15-02-2017, 06:12 PM

If we are going to have centrally managed messages Wtf is the need For a Fans Rep Role

I am btw not criticising centrally managed messages but they appear to make the Fans Rep role redundant

Maybe we just need a suggestions box :-)

Golden Bear
15-02-2017, 06:19 PM
If we are going to have centrally managed messages Wtf is the need For a Fans Rep Role

I am btw not criticising centrally managed messages but they appear to make the Fans Rep role redundant

Maybe we just need a suggestions box :-)

I concur. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

ronaldo7
15-02-2017, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe Charlene has been predisposed, and hasn't got round to answering my QUESTION.

The bit in bold.

Ronaldo's post is quickly followed by "other negative comments". Does this make mine negative? I thought I was only asking a question as well. :greengrin

I think I'll stand by Beggars belief when it comes to the Scottish cup merchandise. :aok:

Having been a member of the WT group, I know how difficult it is to get the comms right from each group, and I know how hard people work on the groups, none more so than yourself.

I'm sure a remedy to the communications back to the fans can be found.

Argylehibby
15-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the explanation. Maybe Charlene has been predisposed, and hasn't got round to answering my QUESTION.

The bit in bold.

Ronaldo's post is quickly followed by "other negative comments". Does this make mine negative? I thought I was only asking a question as well. :greengrin

I think I'll stand by Beggars belief when it comes to the Scottish cup merchandise. :aok:

Having been a member of the WT group, I know how difficult it is to get the comms right from each group, and I know how hard people work on the groups, none more so than yourself.

I'm sure a remedy to the communications back to the fans can be found.

:greengrin I spend ages trying to compose that post to make sure nobody thinks I'm having a dig at them and still can't get it right. This communication lark isn't easy!

andyf5
15-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Very pleased to see some feedback from Working Together meetings. There are 11,000 season ticket holders who for many good reasons won't attend these meetings but may be able to offer some positive input remotely. 18 people attending is not hibs working together with fans. I voted for Frank as he represents those 18 people who contribute so much of their time to the club. I also voted for Charlene as she represents the kind of communication I want.

Skol
16-02-2017, 08:51 AM
I didnt even know there was such a group until I read this thread.

I agree that I see someone trying to communicate and make a change and that person deserves votes as lets be honest Amit has rarely communicated and Frank never has done as far as I know

pacoluna
16-02-2017, 10:11 AM
If the people that run this club don't know what the supporters want there is something wrong, I don't see the point in a fans rep and why anyone would want to be one in the first place. Is there a barrier between the actual club and supporters? or are we all as one.. if there is no such barrier there is no need for a fans rep. To many clouts on this.

offshorehibby
16-02-2017, 10:48 AM
This thread seems to be running off topic a bit. It started out as an update on the WT meeting and the merits of publishing the minutes. It seems to have veered of to a debate about what fans reps are a good or bad thing.

From my knowledge the WT team over the couple of years have initiated some fine ideas, starting from a basic idea to bringing it to completion.

I can fully understand why some ideas need to cept under wraps till everything is finalised.

sleeping giant
16-02-2017, 10:54 AM
I really can't see what the fuss is about. The meeting was open to all.
I do not have a problem with Charlene posting her "brief" notes and found them interesting.

If you can't be arsed attending these meetings , stop having a dig at people who can.

I can't be arsed :greengrin

C Feeney-Seale
16-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the notes C.

On point 5, was there no dissenting voices on the sub standard/lack of Scottish cup merchandise, or are we to take it the club were happy with the sales? The DVD's were always going to be a best seller, however, to say Scottish cup merchandising was a great success beggars belief.

Hi Ronaldo,

Sorry I missed this, the thread has kind of swerved away from the original post!

My personal view is that the club has missed a trick with the cup final merchandise - it took a long time for any to surface in my view, and when it did the selection was limited both in terms of variety and levels of stock - it quickly sold out. (I'm not referring the the DVD here, I think that is great, but I didn't think the general merchandise was all that good).

This is exactly the type of issue I think should be discussed now though, at the end of the day my view is pretty irrelevant, what matters is the views of a good number of fans. It would be great if we could try and gather some views, and perhaps have them raised at the next WT meeting.

You're clearly not all that impressed with what was on offer, was there anything in particular you thought was missing?

Sir David Gray
16-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Re point 7, that's not true for adult disabled supporters.

I paid almost double the price for my ticket for next week's match compared with the price that I pay for a league match through my season ticket.

I also paid £10 more than I did for Sunday's match at Tynecastle.

Twiglet
16-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Hi Ronaldo,

Sorry I missed this, the thread has kind of swerved away from the original post!

My personal view is that the club has missed a trick with the cup final merchandise - it took a long time for any to surface in my view, and when it did the selection was limited both in terms of variety and levels of stock - it quickly sold out. (I'm not referring the the DVD here, I think that is great, but I didn't think the general merchandise was all that good).

This is exactly the type of issue I think should be discussed now though, at the end of the day my view is pretty irrelevant, what matters is the views of a good number of fans. It would be great if we could try and gather some views, and perhaps have them raised at the next WT meeting.

You're clearly not all that impressed with what was on offer, was there anything in particular you thought was missing?

Cup merchandise has been covered more than once at WT and in the smaller WYC group and I think Argyle Hibby has posted some things on here after too. The club were aware of what the fans thought through reading .net and bounce, feedback directly to them and from discussions at WT meetings. If only 18 people turn up, it’s not necessarily just 18 views that get banded about, we will bring up what’s on the message boards and will generally get answers back about that.
Getting things into the shop isn’t as simple as saying what we want and it appearing, there’s things like sourcing suppliers, cost, design, order levels, etc..

andyf5
16-02-2017, 09:24 PM
The club were aware of what the fans thought through reading .net and bounce, feedback directly to them and from discussions at WT meetings. If only 18 people turn up, it’s not necessarily just 18 views that get banded about, we will bring up what’s on the message boards and will generally get answers back about that.

I'm not sure the club are clear on my thoughts. Charlene ( or whoever) coming on here gives me an opportunity to give them in a more focused way.

C Feeney-Seale
16-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Cup merchandise has been covered more than once at WT and in the smaller WYC group and I think Argyle Hibby has posted some things on here after too. The club were aware of what the fans thought through reading .net and bounce, feedback directly to them and from discussions at WT meetings. If only 18 people turn up, it’s not necessarily just 18 views that get banded about, we will bring up what’s on the message boards and will generally get answers back about that.
Getting things into the shop isn’t as simple as saying what we want and it appearing, there’s things like sourcing suppliers, cost, design, order levels, etc..

Thanks, I'm aware it's not simple (I'm a commercial project manager at a major UK retailer after all), but I'm also aware that I've heard lots of complaints about the club store - from friends and family, and it's been quite a big topic in the discussions I've had with fans over the last few weeks.

I think that sometimes asking questions about what people think is helpful - look at this thread, there are at least a couple of views on merchandise being expressed.

I paid almost double the price for my ticket for next week's match compared with the price that I pay for a league match through my season ticket.

I can't speak for anyone else, but not sure that the club are aware of this. Have you raised this with anyone from the club?

ancient hibee
16-02-2017, 09:37 PM

Does that mean disabled adult season tickets aren't treated as concessions ?

Ronniekirk
16-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Hi Ronaldo,

Would still buy a limited edition quality watch to commemorate our win But there are not any watches at all now Still have an old stainles steel one with green face but dont really like it anymore
Also dont have any quality prints to hang on wall The one with Lewis with the Cup that was done by artist and people bought it and posted up pictures was great for hani g in the hall beside my sogned Cummings top but nothing

ColinNish
16-02-2017, 10:01 PM

Strange one, i only paid 12 quid for my concession ticket?
Bought online

oconnors_strip
16-02-2017, 10:26 PM

Not as far as I'm aware as I also had to pay £25 for my replay ticket. Carer was free.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:34 PM

I wouldn't have thought they would be to be honest,unless the disabled person is concession age.

Sir David Gray
16-02-2017, 10:36 PM
My adult disabled season ticket costs an average of just over £13 per league game which is obviously a reduction on the normal price. However next week's match (and in fact any home cup game over recent seasons) is the same price as a normal adult ticket, which in this case is £25.

I've always found it a strange pricing structure.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:46 PM
My adult disabled season ticket costs an average of just over £13 per league game which is obviously a reduction on the normal price. However next week's match (and in fact any home cup game over recent seasons) is the same price as a normal adult ticket, which in this case is £25.

I've always found it a strange pricing structure.

Never realised the disabled ST was cheaper,I thought the benefit was in getting a carers ticket.

Argylehibby
16-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Would still buy a limited edition quality watch to commemorate our win But there are not any watches at all now Still have an old stainles steel one with green face but dont really like it anymore
Also dont have any quality prints to hang on wall The one with Lewis with the Cup that was done by artist and people bought it and posted up pictures was great for hani g in the hall beside my sogned Cummings top but nothing

Ronnie, on watches it's something we have been looking into for a wee while now. Looking for a limited number of men's and ladies watches and of a quality brand. It's a case of getting the balance of limited number and reasonable cost right.

Genuine questions coming, what would you pay for 1 of say 114 limited edition watches, good brand etc. and what price do you think would attract a minimum of 114 men and 114 woman without being out of reach for many supporters?

On the prints I'm as hacked off as anybody on this one. The group have been looking for specific prints for a very long time but as yet not got what we want.

As Twiglet touched on it's not been as simple as we would all like to get what we want in the shop. By we I don't just mean the WT group but the shop management team and the club. I cant go into detail on that mainly because I don't know the full story and I'm not going to speculate on the gaps and anyway it would not be my place to do so even if I did have all the detail. I will though repeat what I have said in a previous post on this thread, the club are not looking to blame others for this and their stance is that the buck stops with them. The club are well aware of the fans feelings on cup winners merchandise or lack of it.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Ronnie, on watches it's something we have been looking into for a wee while now. Looking for a limited number of men's and ladies watches and of a quality brand. It's a case of getting the balance of limited number and reasonable cost right.

Genuine questions coming, what would you pay for 1 of say 114 limited edition watches, good brand etc. and what price do you think would attract a minimum of 114 men and 114 woman without being out of reach for many supporters?

On the prints I'm as hacked off as anybody on this one. The group have been looking for specific prints for a very long time but as yet not got what we want.

As Twiglet touched on it's not been as simple as we would all like to get what we want in the shop. By we I don't just mean the WT group but the shop management team and the club. I cant go into detail on that mainly because I don't know the full story and I'm not going to speculate on the gaps and anyway it would not be my place to do so even if I did have all the detail. I will though repeat what I have said in a previous post on this thread, the club are not looking to blame others for this and their stance is that the buck stops with them. The club are well aware of the fans feelings on cup winners merchandise or lack of it.

Love the idea of a limited edition watch of decent quality. For me it would be something I would only wear occasionally but would happily pay £150 - £200 for such an item.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Love the idea of a limited edition watch of decent quality. For me it would be something I would only wear occasionally but would happily pay £150 - £200 for such an item.

Personally would pay a few quid for a "quality" watch too but is this really the right way to go, rather than a "decent" watch at a reasonable price that many more fans might be interested in?

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Personally would pay a few quid for a "quality" watch too but is this really the right way to go, rather than a "decent" watch at a reasonable price that many more fans might be interested in?

Maybe so,I was just giving my thoughts.Maybe a premium range and a value range would suit.

Argylehibby
16-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Maybe so,I was just giving my thoughts.Maybe a premium range and a value range would suit.

That's an option that's being considered as well Scouse.

Ronniekirk
16-02-2017, 11:08 PM

Wasnt meaning to open up another critical bashing of the Club Its been done to death and hopefully lessons learnt for the next time
On the issue of quality limited edition watch i agree with Scouse re price That seems reasonable and i would happily pay up front to guarantee one if we are only talikong of 114 being made I would pay more if it wss exceptional quality Pretty boy also mentioned this way back in the day so thetes three takers already
I wouldnt pay more than £400 as like Scpuse i wouldnt be wearing it that frequently
Agree the Prints should of been a no Brainer but you clearly have more inside info on the practicslities snd difficulties why that hasnt happened

Sir David Gray
16-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Never realised the disabled ST was cheaper,I thought the benefit was in getting a carers ticket.

Up until about three or four years ago the disabled person and the carer paid the same amount for a season ticket but that was changed so that the carer got their season ticket for free and the disabled person's price was doubled (although still at a reduced price) so that the combined cost was still the same as it was previously.

That's not quite my point though. For season tickets, disabled supporters get a reduction in the cost (due to many reasons such as the limited choice you have in picking your seat within the stadium, the complex disabilities that some people have meaning they won't be watching much of the game etc) whereas for one off games, the price of a disabled ticket is exactly the same as the price of a "normal" adult ticket.

It's just always seemed strange to me.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Up until about three or four years ago the disabled person and the carer paid the same amount for a season ticket but that was changed so that the carer got their season ticket for free and the disabled person's price was doubled (although still at a reduced price) so that the combined cost was still the same as it was previously.

That's not quite my point though. For season tickets, disabled supporters get a reduction in the cost (due to many reasons such as the limited choice you have in picking your seat within the stadium, the complex disabilities that some people have meaning they won't be watching much of the game etc) whereas for one off games, the price of a disabled ticket is exactly the same as the price of a "normal" adult ticket.

I agree it is strange,have you or anyone else have had it discussed by the club at any relevant meeting?

Argylehibby
16-02-2017, 11:23 PM

If you haven't done so before maybe worth getting in touch with Frank Dougan, he does a lot with the disabled supporters association so may be able to help or at least explain why it is done that way.

Sir David Gray
16-02-2017, 11:27 PM
I agree it is strange,have you or anyone else have had it discussed by the club at any relevant meeting?

I've personally not mentioned anything to the club about it as I'm not at any of those sorts of meetings due to living through in Falkirk. I know there used to be a disabled supporters association a couple of years ago (there possibly still is one) but I've not heard anything about them for a wee while. If they're still on the go I would imagine they would be the best people to bring this up with whoever is responsible for such decisions at the club.

The Pointer
16-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Enjoying this thread to get a giste of the workings of the group. My distance from ER precludes me getting a season ticket but I still voraciously lap up all that's happening as these are pretty good times for the club.

I have voiced my opinion on merchandise a couple of times before and would still likely buy anything quality to do with the Cup Final. I would pay around two hundred quid for a decent commemorative watch. However, I'm a fussy bstrd when it comes to design and it would have to be just so before I would buy one! ;-)

Lancs Harp
16-02-2017, 11:43 PM
At 16.52 said watch should break out into a chime of Sunshine over Leith (or perhaps Warburtons a fanny)

silverhibee
16-02-2017, 11:49 PM

I have a Hibs watch, got many moons ago, think there was only so many made, it's in a drawer still in the box, never worn it.

Don't even no the make of it and I'm not digging it out at this time :greengrin we bit similar to the link below but my box is green and watch a bit chunkier.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTc2WDEwMjQ=/z/-dsAAOSwGtRX1ajl/$_86.JPG

Top left hand corner.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=limited+edition+hibs+watches&rlz=1CAASUE_enGB727GB727&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=654&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9hbyV5ZXSAhWBC8AKHembDCQQsAQIIQ#imgrc= 7-vdsgA6707cLM:

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2017, 11:52 PM
I have a Hibs watch, got many moons ago, think there was only so many made, it's in a drawer still in the box, never worn it.

Don't even no the make of it and I'm not digging it out at this time :greengrin we bit similar to the link below but my box is green and watch a bit chunkier.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTc2WDEwMjQ=/z/-dsAAOSwGtRX1ajl/$_86.JPG

Reset ;-)

Twiglet
17-02-2017, 12:10 AM
I've personally not mentioned anything to the club about it as I'm not at any of those sorts of meetings due to living through in Falkirk. I know there used to be a disabled supporters association a couple of years ago (there possibly still is one) but I've not heard anything about them for a wee while. If they're still on the go I would imagine they would be the best people to bring this up with whoever is responsible for such decisions at the club.

There is still a Disabled Supporters Association and they meet on a regular basis I think. They met the other week and Frank was there, I think maybe to co-ordinate it, but I’m not sure as I was in another meeting on in the stadium at the time, I just saw them go past when they arrived.
I’m not sure entirely how you would get in touch, but Frank may be able to point you in the right direction or answer any questions you may have (about pricing rational for example).

Sir David Gray
17-02-2017, 12:15 AM
There is still a Disabled Supporters Association and they meet on a regular basis I think. They met the other week and Frank was there, I think maybe to co-ordinate it, but I’m not sure as I was in another meeting on in the stadium at the time, I just saw them go past when they arrived.
I’m not sure entirely how you would get in touch, but Frank may be able to point you in the right direction or answer any questions you may have (about pricing rational for example).

Thanks for confirming.

I'll see about getting in touch with them then. To be honest, I would be surprised if I'm the only person who's noticed this re pricing.

silverhibee
17-02-2017, 12:41 AM
Reset ;-)

Post edited. :greengrin

ronaldo7
17-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Hi Ronaldo,

Hi C,

Thanks for your reply.

I was ready to spend hundreds on the Scottish cup memorabilia, and I've ended up spending it outwith the club shop/Hibs.

In the days after the cup final we should have had polo shirts/sweat shirts/baseball caps/strips, in ALL sizes with our badge emblazed with Scottish cup winners underneath. This would have brought in thousands to the club.

I could run off many things that need to be done, and I'm sure the WTG have done so, but it seems our marketing department were all out having a party, when they should have been on the phone to suppliers, drumming up business.

We've lost this one, but hopefully, you can get a grip of things in the months ahead, or at least get the department responsible to act, when we win the next one.

Thanks for getting back to me.:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2017, 01:45 AM
Hi C,

Thanks for your reply.

I was ready to spend hundreds on the Scottish cup memorabilia, and I've ended up spending it outwith the club shop/Hibs.

In the days after the cup final we should have had polo shirts/sweat shirts/baseball caps/strips, in ALL sizes with our badge emblazed with Scottish cup winners underneath. This would have brought in thousands to the club.

I could run off many things that need to be done, and I'm sure the WTG have done so, but it seems our marketing department were all out having a party, when they should have been on the phone to suppliers, drumming up business.

We've lost this one, but hopefully, you can get a grip of things in the months ahead, or at least get the department responsible to act, when we win the next one.

Thanks for getting back to me.:aok:

Liam Henderson's auld man had a persevered t-shirt on for the parade:agree: he got it from Liam so surely wherever they got them printed for the players the t-shirt printer gadgy would have had the template all ready to start churning them out en masse

all they would have to do is get the plain t-shirts out of primark :greengrin

ColinNish
17-02-2017, 07:37 AM

If you want quality then it has to be a Breitling or a Tag Heuer. Would happily buy either. 😎

ColinNish
17-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Thanks for confirming.

I'll see about getting in touch with them then. To be honest, I would be surprised if I'm the only person who's noticed this re pricing.

There used to be a lassie on here (Nikki) that was heavily involved with disabled supporters association.

flash
17-02-2017, 07:57 AM
If you haven't done so before maybe worth getting in touch with Frank Dougan, he does a lot with the disabled supporters association so may be able to help or at least explain why it is done that way.

More unsung work that Frank does. Seems to me he takes on a lot of the unglamorous tasks- funerals, hot drinks to ticket queues, helping our disabled fans and probably much more.
Just my opinion but this seems much more important than having a strong social media presence.

Johnny Clash
17-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Liam Henderson's auld man had a persevered t-shirt on for the parade:agree: he got it from Liam so surely wherever they got them printed for the players the t-shirt printer gadgy would have had the template all ready to start churning them out en masse

all they would have to do is get the plain t-shirts out of primark :greengrin

Good point. We should have had a plan already set up weeks before the 21st May which would have swung into operation right after the final whistle.

My mate designs/produces ethically sourced tees for the 'not for profit' sector. Two man operation. They can turn around thousands of top quality tees within a week.

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 08:01 AM
There used to be a lassie on here (Nikki) that was heavily involved with disabled supporters association.

That's me. I'm not as heavily involved due to health problems and time but here is the secretary's email address info@hdsa.org.uk

Email gary about any issues

Argylehibby
17-02-2017, 08:07 AM
More unsung work that Frank does. Seems to me he takes on a lot of the unglamorous tasks- funerals, hot drinks to ticket queues, helping our disabled fans and probably much more.
Just my opinion but this seems much more important than having a strong social media presence.

Frank does a helluva lot for the club, he did it before he was fans rep and he'll do it should he be voted off as fans rep too

ian cruise
17-02-2017, 08:32 AM

He certainly seems to do more than his fair share that is going unrecognised, and potentially the same for Amit, I am not close enough to know. It's a shame that their contributions aren't better communicated. I don't think the fans rep role has to be consistently being on Facebook or forums but that is important as they are there to represent the fans and these are the best way to do so. Unfortunately not all fans can be at fan association meetings, etc.

ColinNish
17-02-2017, 08:38 AM

Whilst i agree that Frank does a tremendous amount of work for the club, some of these things you mention are not what i would be looking for in a fans rep. They are more an ambassador type role.

Brightside
17-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Am I the only person that thinks we've done the Scottish Cup memorabilia to death now? Those wee miniature Scottish Cups are unbelievably tacky.

Leithenhibby
17-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Thanks for confirming.

Hibernian DSA have a Facebook page that you can massage, also on Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/Hibernian-FC-Disabled-Supporters-Association-226555697371809/?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/Hibernian_DSA

GGTTH

Skol
17-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Whilst i agree that Frank does a tremendous amount of work for the club, some of these things you mention are not what i would be looking for in a fans rep. They are more an ambassador type role.

Thats it exactly.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Hibernian DSA have a Facebook page that you can massage, also on Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/Hibernian-FC-Disabled-Supporters-Association-226555697371809/?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/Hibernian_DSA

GGTTH

That sounds a bit dodgy! :greengrin

Cheers, appreciate that. :aok:

Martin Dundas
17-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Frank does a helluva lot for the club, he did it before he was fans rep and he'll do it should he be voted off as fans rep too

I would imagine he will too from what I know about Frank. But these things are different from the fans rep role.

Leithenhibby
17-02-2017, 07:26 PM
That sounds a bit dodgy! :greengrin

Cheers, appreciate that. :aok:

Oops 😁

GGTTH 💚

Argylehibby
17-02-2017, 07:30 PM
I would imagine he will too from what I know about Frank. But these things are different from the fans rep role.

I don't think that the things mentioned in the post were ever suggested as being the full extent of the stuff he does. He's taken forward complaints about the fans treatment at Ibrox, was an ever present at WT meetings including coordination group and fan base groups etc. Pretty sure anything that's been raised with him will have been taken forward to the board.

Martin Dundas
17-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I don't think that the things mentioned in the post were ever suggested as being the full extent of the stuff he does. He's taken forward complaints about the fans treatment at Ibrox, was an ever present at WT meetings including coordination group and fan base groups etc. Pretty sure anything that's been raised with him will have been taken forward to the board.

I agree. I think Frank and Amit have both done a good job as fan reps under difficult circumstances, being the first two. The point I was making is that going to funerals and serving teas etc, however fantastic, is not what the role is about. I take my hat off to Frank in particular for what he does above and beyond his rep role.

ColinNish
28-03-2017, 11:58 AM
So - what happened at the WT meeting last night or is everyone sworn to secrecy? :greengrin

ian cruise
28-03-2017, 12:53 PM
So - what happened at the WT meeting last night or is everyone sworn to secrecy? :greengrin

First rule of Working Together group is you don't talk about the Working Together group....

Golden Bear
28-03-2017, 01:03 PM
First rule of Working Together group is you don't talk about the Working Together group....

The minute of the meeting will require to be formally approved before it can be discussed with other groups/ Supporters Branches.

I suppose.

BroxburnHibee
28-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Was Charlene there? :devil:

marinello59
28-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Was Charlene there? :devil:

I wouldn't blame any of the losing reps for taking a breather before deciding if they still want to be involved.
I would expect the victors, if they were there, to at least put out a holding statement.