PDA

View Full Version : Good article in today's Herald

Keith_M
13-02-2017, 06:10 PM
...about Sunday's game.

"Well, it was certainly not a classic. This boisterous, bruising, battering bout was so agricultural at times, it could have won a rosette at the Royal Highland Show along the road at Ingliston." LINK (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15087472.Hearts_0_Hibernian_0__Pitch_battle_as_cap ital_rivals_fight_out_scrappy_draw/)

and my personal favourite...

"Goodness knows what Ian Cathro’s laptop made of it. It’s probably been infected with a crippling virus."

Definitely worth a read

mutley
13-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Great article, enjoyed reading that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
13-02-2017, 08:25 PM
A satisfying read as it told the story of Hibs grit and resolve and fight - qualities which in a lot of previous derbies were all too lacking or missing.
The Jambos don't like it "Up-em!"

Carheenlea
14-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Nick Rodgers is an entertaining writer. Writes more on golf, but a funny guy who speaks with a strong Langholm brogue.

heretoday
14-02-2017, 06:18 PM
It's a good piece. He's got flair. Better than anything we're likely to read in the Scotsman or Evening News anyway.

Deansy
14-02-2017, 06:27 PM
'but the super atmosphere inside the stadium still crackled, fizzed and sparked like an explosion at the National Grid as both sets of supporters barked and bawled their lungs dry' ??

Not bad article but was he really listening - only noise I heard from their end was the collective sigh-of-relief when FT was blown !

hibs0666
14-02-2017, 07:43 PM
'but the super atmosphere inside the stadium still crackled, fizzed and sparked like an explosion at the National Grid as both sets of supporters barked and bawled their lungs dry' ??

Not bad article but was he really listening - only noise I heard from their end was the collective sigh-of-relief when FT was blown !

We barked and bawled with passion. They barked and bawled with asbestosis.

Ryan69
14-02-2017, 08:10 PM

Also can't understand this love in with the Greek....he had played 2 games.
He didn't exactly stand out in his 3rd game.

jax67
15-02-2017, 04:26 AM
There was only one set of supporters that
" Barked and bawled their lungs dry".
If it had been a singing match, 0-7 would've
flattered them.