PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Hibs - Run around Sue

007 Mickey Weir
13-02-2017, 01:55 PM
What a great song it is. Does anyone know the right lyrics and maybe have a clip of guy playing on stage at Stevensons testimonial night

NZ Green
13-02-2017, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCJkOUe5Qw

Brightside
13-02-2017, 02:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4NUZJMCJ20

livi hibs 1875
13-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Whats the chances of getting this played as the last song before kickoff , think the noise from the crowd would be incredible, just a thought GGTTH

hibby_1875
13-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Great song and a great night :flag:

Pretty Boy
13-02-2017, 04:41 PM
The 20-30 minutes it was sung non stop for yesterday was incredible.

Usually songs start to die away a bit but it just kept getting louder and louder.

Highland_Hibee
13-02-2017, 05:03 PM
It sounded great on TV folks and the seethe from the jumbo nation
was all over social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
13-02-2017, 05:06 PM
The last time I had that much fun was at the old Wembley when we won 1-0 and san doh a dear for about 40 minutes:flag:

Frazerbob
13-02-2017, 05:07 PM
What a great song it is. Does anyone know the right lyrics and maybe have a clip of guy playing on stage at Stevensons testimonial night

The words to the chant version are:

Hibees 3 Rangers 2
Jambos know that it's true
F*** yer 1902
oooooooh Hibs Hibs Oooh oooh oooh Hibs Hibs...........................

calumhibee1
13-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Usually songs start to die away a bit but it just kept getting louder and louder.

Sounded incredible on TV and as you said, it just kept getting louder and louder. :thumbsup:

jodjam
13-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Hibees 3 Rangers 2
F*** yer 1902

Ram yer 1902

Ryan91
13-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Here is the full version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUI5QNWWVSc

bubblesmorrison
13-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Dose anyone have a video of it being sung yesterday?

mcohibs
13-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Was brilliant yesterday. I'm sure there was chat not long ago about a studio version of the song being recorded. Would be cracking to hear it played at ER

mcohibs
13-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Was brilliant yesterday. I'm sure there was chat not long ago about a studio version of the song being recorded. Would be cracking to hear it played at ER

Aldo
13-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Here is the full version

In a word.... outstanding!

macca70
13-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Thinks it's been recorded professionally with intentions of releasing it with proceeds going to 2 charities (Kids season ticket 1 and another to be decided).

I think they were hopeful of getting the club or players involved.

The have a Facebook page (We are Hibs) with clips of the recording studio session.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663740823927873/permalink/1664336607201628/

Johnny Clash
13-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Here is the full version

Brilliant ... well done that man!

iwasthere1972
13-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Would love it to be played a few minutes before the teams take to the pitch for the replay. Very catchy tune and I've been singing in my head all day.

hibsdaft
13-02-2017, 06:11 PM

aye, it just came of age in those 20 mins. i think it was partly folk getting familiar with the lyrics as it's been sung before but hasn't quite taken off. reminds me a bit of singing SOL at the AEK Athens game - it just clicked that day.

tynehibs
13-02-2017, 06:22 PM
We wuuuun all our cup ties I said hibs hibs

hibby6270
13-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Another comparison.

3-0 down to Celtic at the 2013 Scottish Cup Final. Everyone singing. Can't recall what songs but showing true support of the club/team that even Celtic fans found incredible given the circumstances. Made me proud to be a Hibby that day.:greengrin

BS44
13-02-2017, 06:33 PM

Hearts fan at my work told me today that he still had the song in his head when he went to his bed last night!

wookie70
13-02-2017, 06:35 PM

Hibees 3 Rangers 2
F*** yer 1902

Ram your 1902 is the line and is both kid friendly, unless you get asked to explain, and has a bit more oomph to it.

marinello59
13-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Ram your 1902 is the line and is both kid friendly, unless you get asked to explain, and has a bit more oomph to it.

It was the line until yesterday. That genie ain't going to go back in to the bottle. :greengrin

hibsdaft
13-02-2017, 06:47 PM
I was singing 'stick your 1902', thought everyone was?

iwasthere1972
13-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Hearts fan at my work told me today that he still had the song in his head when he went to his bed last night!

:greengrin

marinello59
13-02-2017, 07:09 PM
I was singing 'stick your 1902', thought everyone was?

Maybe every section ws singing a different word. **** your 1902 in Section H. :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
13-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Maybe every section ws singing a different word. **** your 1902 in Section H. :greengrin

And J

hibeejoy
13-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Defo mate ;)

hibsbollah
13-02-2017, 07:25 PM
According to wiki...

Runaround Sue" is a pop song, in a doo-wop style, originally a US No. 1 hit for the singer Dion during 1961 after he split with the Belmonts. The song ranked No. 342 on the Rolling Stone list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".[3] The song was written by Dion with Ernie Maresca, and tells the story of a disloyal lover. Although some correspondents believe the song was originally penned by Dion in the early 1960s on a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland, where he watched a number of Hibernian teams during the tenure of championship winning manager Hughie Shaw. The original song, 'Hibs, Hibs, woahwoahwoah' was retitled Runaround Sue for the US market and a doo wop hit was born'.

mim
13-02-2017, 07:51 PM
According to wiki...

Runaround Sue" is a pop song, in a doo-wop style, originally a US No. 1 hit for the singer Dion during 1961 after he split with the Belmonts. The song ranked No. 342 on the Rolling Stone list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".[3] The song was written by Dion with Ernie Maresca, and tells the story of a disloyal lover. Although some correspondents believe the song was originally penned by Dion in the early 1960s on a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland, where he watched a number of Hibernian teams during the tenure of championship winning manager Hughie Shaw. The original song, 'Hibs, Hibs, woahwoahwoah' was retitled Runaround Sue for the US market and a doo wop hit was born'.

:greengrin:faf::flag::aok:

HH81
13-02-2017, 07:52 PM
The song is class.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Can't seem to get the 2 lines to fit in before smoothly before the ram your 1902

Where's the music guru, Andy74 when you need him most🤣

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Have to say first time I heard the song at Tynie was post Archiegoal celebrations and this afro-carribean Scottish dude is singing "Hibs, Hibs, on the bevvy with the Hibs, Hibs...". True story.

Ryan91
13-02-2017, 08:17 PM
In a word.... outstanding!

Hibs need to work together with the guy who wrote/sung it and see if they can't get a professionally recorded version done in time for the Derby

ALF TUPPER
13-02-2017, 08:19 PM

Was incredible. Really enjoyed it on the telly. 😀

macca70
13-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Hibs need to work together with the guy who wrote/sung it and see if they can't get a professionally recorded version done in time for the Derby

It's already been recorded professionally, think they are working to have it released, not sure it's going to be as soon as next week though.

There is a video of them recording it on 'We are Hibs' Facebook page.

007 Mickey Weir
13-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Dose anyone have a video of it being sung yesterday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AleXBnAYB5Q&sns=em

Woodrow
13-02-2017, 11:22 PM
https://youtu.be/OWZvPQ73WyU

The original - Dion Damucci comeback tour

My_Wife_Camille
14-02-2017, 12:33 AM
First time I saw it on facebook I found it quite cringey, then I heard it at Lewys testimonial and thought it was actually ok.

After Tynecastle I ****ing love it! Can't get it out my head! HIBS HIBS!:flag:

greenlex
14-02-2017, 01:44 AM
According to wiki...

That us quality and makes me extremely proud to be a hibee.

esjorto
14-02-2017, 03:24 AM
Another oldie - (to Sweet Caroline)

"HI-BER-NI-AN dah' dah' dah, good times never seemed so good."

Boston Red Sox sing it (Sweet Caroline). Can't do a link to U tube, but it is fantastic.

Albanian Hibs
14-02-2017, 07:47 AM
It is def **** your 1902. First time I heard us sing it was Ayr away. Class then and when everyone knows the proper words it will just get better and better!

danhibees1875
14-02-2017, 07:59 AM
It is def **** your 1902. First time I heard us sing it was Ayr away. Class then and when everyone knows the proper words it will just get better and better!

I didn't think we'd sang it before the boy on the YouTube video made lyrics for the whole song? The part that's then used in the stands is definitely ram.

It was a class song. Very catchy. Well done to the boy who came up with it. :thumbsup:

14-02-2017, 08:16 AM
I didn't think we'd sang it before the boy on the YouTube video made lyrics for the whole song? The part that's then used in the stands is definitely ram.

It was a class song. Very catchy. Well done to the boy who came up with it. :thumbsup:

It first was sung at Ayr away and it was "**** your 1902"

hibsbollah
14-02-2017, 08:17 AM
That us quality and makes me extremely proud to be a hibee.

Indeed. The more you dig into our club's history, the more nuggets you dig up. Amazing:aok:

BoomtownHibees
14-02-2017, 08:19 AM

The boy first recorded it right after the cup final and it was sung at Ayr away earlier this season. And every time I've sang it, rightly or wrongly, the words have been "**** yer 1902"

yerauldda
14-02-2017, 08:47 AM
think we need to clear the lyrics up for future.. It sounded good but people were singing different things.

IMO it's:

Hibs Hibs, woooooooa, Hibs Hibs wooooaahh, Hibs Hibs woooooooaahh
Hibs Hibs, Hibees 3 Rangers 2, Jambos know that its true, ****** your 1902
1234!

and repeat.

Bristolhibby
14-02-2017, 12:56 PM
think we need to clear the lyrics up for future.. It sounded good but people were singing different things.

IMO it's:

1234!

and repeat.

Nice and simple. This is my take on the words.

We don't want verses and other nonsense.

I also like, much in the same vein as Do a deer following Scotland that the song never starts or ends. You immediately go into a repeat of the first bit. Very difficult for opposing fans to drown it out as it just keeps on going.

Simple, effective and catchy as ****!

Looking forward to hearing it again.

J

SRHibs
14-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Indeed. The more you dig into our club's history, the more nuggets you dig up. Amazing:aok:

I honestly can't tell if yous are taking the piss here.

Wasn't a fan of the song at first but after hearing it at Tynie it's definitely grown on me. :aok:

greenlex
14-02-2017, 01:06 PM
I honestly can't tell if yous are taking the piss here.

Wasn't a fan of the song at first but after hearing it at Tynie it's definitely grown on me. :aok:

Can't speak for Bollah here but my proudness comes for the fact a Hibee took the time to update Wikipedia in such a hilarious but spoof manner. Hibs class. Funny without being crude. Much like Bollahs reply really.

SRHibs
14-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Can't speak for Bollah here but my proudness comes for the fact a Hibee took the time to update Wikipedia in such a hilarious but spoof manner. Hibs class. Funny without being crude. Much like Bollahs reply really.

:aok:

People have a habit of believing some radge stuff on here. Like that one time when Justin Bieber got chucked out a taxi for singing the SJM song!

wpj
14-02-2017, 01:14 PM

People have a habit of believing some radge stuff on here. Like that one time when Justin Bieber got chucked out a taxi for singing the SJM song!

You mean he didn't! Returning all.my CDs

ChooseLife
14-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Any videos of us singing it on Sunday? Sounded beautiful on the tv

bawheid
14-02-2017, 01:15 PM

That happened though. It was on Kevin Bridges' twitter feed.

WeAreHibs
14-02-2017, 01:35 PM
It will be released very soon. We have a few things to tie up before we can do so. The club is being very helpful in what they can do to support.

I'm working on having something to the club in time for the replay but it won't be a finished version so reluctant to give the full song.

As mentioned, we have a Facebook group "We Are Hibs" and would welcome as many members as possible.

There are a few things being planned which we will share as soon as finalised!

We Are Hibs!
Ram yer 1902!

hibsbollah
14-02-2017, 01:47 PM

:agree: Indeed. If you're going to be infantile I firmly believe you should put some effort into it. We're living in 'post truth' era anyway.

Newcastlehibby
14-02-2017, 06:25 PM

IMO it's:

1234!

and repeat.

Perhaps 'clean' up the lyrics. Swearing adds nothing to the song whatsoever. Since the writer used 'ram your 1902', that is what everyone should sing. Young kids can join in and they can enjoy it as much as the adults. It is the same with the 'Warburton's a fanny' song. It is very catchy but has the same effect if 'magic' wand is used instead of 'F******* wand.

WS Hibs
14-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Perhaps 'clean' up the lyrics. Swearing adds nothing to the song whatsoever. Since the writer used 'ram your 1902', that is what everyone should sing. Young kids can join in and they can enjoy it as much as the adults. It is the same with the 'Warburton's a fanny' song. It is very catchy but has the same effect if 'magic' wand is used instead of 'F******* wand.

Given all the stick we had to put up with it, I think f*** is far more appropriate. :greengrin

mcohibs
14-02-2017, 06:39 PM

There's a few other words to that song... Not sure adding 'magic wand' would do much to clean it up 😂

RoYO!
14-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Another oldie - (to Sweet Caroline)

"HI-BER-NI-AN dah' dah' dah, good times never seemed so good."

Boston Red Sox sing it (Sweet Caroline). Can't do a link to U tube, but it is fantastic.

Twoooo-nil-upppppp (and you f'd it up) good times never seemed so good

hughio
15-02-2017, 02:07 PM
There's a few other words to that song... Not sure adding 'magic wand' would do much to clean it up 😂

Just sayin'.. as the father of an 8 yr old Hibby it is a bit embarrassing having to stop him singing the songs 'cos they're all so sweary.
Nothing wrong with leaving out the f word when another will do IMO.:cb

Newcastlehibby
15-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Just sayin'.. as the father of an 8 yr old Hibby it is a bit embarrassing having to stop him singing the songs 'cos they're all so sweary.

:thumbsup:

Geo_1875
15-02-2017, 02:33 PM

Sorry mate, it's always going to be like that at a derby.

livi hibs 1875
15-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Warburton is a fword
He wears a fword hat
He would need a fword wand

mcohibs
15-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Aye my point was that even if you were to change the last line there's still a few swear words in the rest of the song. 'Warburton's a .....?', 'Dumbarton and other ..... like that'. You'd need to change the whole thing 😂

Pretty Boy
15-02-2017, 02:43 PM
I'm going to guess most 8 year olds will hear as bad, if not worse, language in the playground on close to a daily basis.

Most kids have that switch in their brains from an early age that tells them what to tell their parents they learned at school compared to what they really did learn.

DTS
15-02-2017, 03:39 PM
I was always told when at the football even up until the age of 14/15 when I was still going to games with my parents that I could swear in songs or if frustrated at the game etc but it got left at the game and not to be said in the house etc. Felt my parents perfectly understood the atmosphere of the football. The amount of "**** off ref" and other rants that'll be shouted at Easter road weekly won't stop so kids will still here it

High-On-Hibs
15-02-2017, 03:44 PM

You have a point. I'm sure there are kids in this country who have NEVER been exposed to swear words. Not at the football, not from their raging parents, not from the "cool" kids at school or the random junkie on the street.... etc

RoscoHibby
15-02-2017, 04:43 PM
I've got a 3 year old boy that loves a sing song bout the hibs. May be harder when he's older and picking stuff up himself, but just got to try and avoid the sweary ones...loves the McGinn song for example.

But I'll take him to ER when he's a bit older and he will undoubtedly here all sorts...and I'll tell him what my dad told me before my first experience. Your going to hear swear words at the fitba. A wee bit swearing happens at the fitba, that's fine, just keep at the fitba. And don't be smart about it. And don't let me or your mother catch you swearing.

It's like a wee right of passage for wee guys. The whole world is becoming too sanitised and people just love to be offended as well. It's like a past time for some folk. PC gone too far...

Johnny Clash
15-02-2017, 05:13 PM
My son was mascot when he was 6 and we were playing Rangers. He was in Hibs Kids and his name was picked at random. After mascot duties we all sat in the cumfy seats in the West upper during the game. I felt a but awkward when my son and his brother jumped up and started belting out ' f*** all, you're gonna win f*** all!". So I told them to calm it down which surprisingly they did.

After the game we all met the players and I saw Kev Thomson and Ian Murray laughing with my son. Turns out my wee one got around the ban by writing the four letter word in question on his hand which he held up towards the away supporters!

Crafty little devil. I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to wash the ink off his hand. He also missed the letter 'C' so I was able to pull him on his poor spelling too!

Itsnoteasy
15-02-2017, 09:37 PM
My son was mascot when he was 6 and we were playing Rangers. He was in Hibs Kids and his name was picked at random. After mascot duties we all sat in the cumfy seats in the West upper during the game. I felt a but awkward when my son and his brother jumped up and started belting out ' f*** all, you're gonna win f*** all!". So I told them to calm it down which surprisingly they did.

After the game we all met the players and I saw Kev Thomson and Ian Murray laughing with my son. Turns out my wee one got around the ban by writing the four letter word in question on his hand which he held up towards the away supporters!

Crafty little devil. I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to wash the ink off his hand. He also missed the letter 'C' so I was able to pull him on his poor spelling too!

Changed days now you have to pay to be a mascot.

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Changed days now you have to pay to be a mascot.

You don't have to - you can but there's still a Hibs kids draw.