PDA

View Full Version : Raith Rovers on Saturday

Hibbyradge
13-02-2017, 01:52 PM
This is going to be a very tough fixture, imo.

Yogi will have his team well fired up for our visit so Hibs need to forget about the Scottish Cup and prepare for another battle.

If we come away with 3 points, I might start to think that we will win the league.

berwickhibee
13-02-2017, 02:32 PM
agree with this, Saturday is a massive opportunity.. with Dundee utd in cup action its a chance to go 9 points clear with a superior goal difference really making it 10 points. Also Morton play Falkirk, so somebody or both are dropping points. doesn't matter how we do it but just win, 1-0 hibs.

hibee-boys
13-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Yip, mentioned in the other thread that perhaps the focus on the derby game resulted in a below par performance against Ayr. With the replay a few days after this game I hope it's not the same case again as its a great opportunity to give us more breathing space.

calumhibee1
13-02-2017, 02:49 PM
If we win on Saturday we go 9 points clear with a superior goal difference. If that wasn't good enough, the pressure will really be on Dundee United as their next league game is against a Morton side who are in much better form than themselves and who are breathing down their neck while we play at home to a poor Dunfermline. If we can win the next two then Dundee Utd will quite simply need to beat Morton, or else they've no chance of catching us.

pacoluna
13-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Hibs will win 2/3-0 Far to strong for raith even with hughes in charge, Comfortable win

hibees 7062
13-02-2017, 02:58 PM
I wonder if big nose will be playing

JohnM1875
13-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Anyone know how much it is for Raith TV?

SteveHFC
13-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Just bought my ticket online and one section left. :aok:

Iggy Pope
13-02-2017, 03:40 PM
I just picked up three at the TO and it looks like there are still plenty.

bigwheel
13-02-2017, 03:51 PM
This is going to be a very tough fixture, imo.

Yogi will have his team well fired up for our visit so Hibs need to forget about the Scottish Cup and prepare for another battle.

If we come away with 3 points, I might start to think that we will win the league.

yes, agree with this...could be a defining match actually. If we win, it keeps up our momentum..if we lose, and falkirk and United win...puts us back in their reach.

A more important game for us than the cup tie - which will take care of itself. We need to up our scoring rate...put this one to bed, and I can see us roll onwards with victories.

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2017, 03:58 PM
We sleepwalked through the Ayr game due to thinking about the cup tie, and paid the price. Let's learn from that and give a strong, committed performance on Saturday.

I'm not going to say I'd rather beat Raith than Hearts, ever, but Saturday is more vital to us in the long run, so let's show up this time. Whatever you think of Yogi, he'll make sure that Raith do.

H18 SFR
13-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Anyone know if Hibs TV are broadcasting this game live?

calumhibee1
13-02-2017, 04:36 PM
My dad is working abroad over the weekend. Does anybody know if there is any plans to broadcast the game to overseas subscribers of Hibs TV?

JohnM1875
13-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Hibs tv don't broadcast away games. It'll be on Raith TV for overseas users or users in the U.K. who know how to use a proxy. I'm not sure how much it is though but if it's like most other teams probably around the £5 mark.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Raith TV costs £5 for a single match and is available for people outwith the UK or those who can make their PC look like it's in Denmark. :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Lennon said after the Ayr game that the players had one eye on the cup, that's no excuse for the poor performance that day, so all focus this weekend has to be on winning at Kirkcaldy. The replay will take care of itself.

Garymcl
13-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Forget about the replay this game on Saturday is massive let's get ticket allocation sold love the trip to kirkcaldy by train few beers beforehand in bowling club along the road from ground get in and make as good or better atmosphere as Sunday at the pbs let's get right behind the boys three points in the bag then concentrate on the wee team from the pbs Ggtth :flag:

Bay Area Hibees
13-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Can't afford last seasons cup induced slip.
3 points critical

emerald green
13-02-2017, 06:41 PM
I just hope all the Hibs players come through the Raith fixture unscathed, and with all three points.

Raith have a few ex-Yams and cloggers in their squad. It won't be easy. Hibs have to be really focused on winning this match.

Onion
13-02-2017, 06:44 PM

If Skatchol pulls any stunts, he'll find Yogi's boot up his erkie.

Slavoj Zizek
13-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Raith Rovers are nothing. We will completely annihilate them. A wee team from a provincial town who once won the Bon Accord juice lorry cup in 1994 when we were all in Mercados dancing to 2 Unlimited. This is not our level. Have faith and confidence. #Promoted

Pete
13-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Can't afford last seasons cup induced slip.
3 points critical

Even one would increase our lead but three would be ideal.

100% focus on THE most important prize on offer this season. Going out of the cup would be a downer but having to suffer the play offs again is unthinkable.

Slavoj Zizek
13-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Even one would increase our lead but three would be ideal.

100% focus on THE most important prize on offer this season. Going out of the cup would be a downer but having to suffer the play offs again is unthinkable.

This. We will win the league. Not "skoosh" [sic] but comfortably #1.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Raith Rovers are nothing. We will completely annihilate them. A wee team from a provincial town who once won the Bon Accord juice lorry cup in 1994 when we were all in Mercados dancing to 2 Unlimited. This is not our level. Have faith and confidence. #Promoted

interesting, is that the same juice cups that we've won 3 times and hertz haven't since 1962-63 ?

Slavoj Zizek
13-02-2017, 07:24 PM
interesting, is that the same juice cups that we've won 3 times and hertz haven't since 1962-63 ?

:na na:

truehibernian
13-02-2017, 07:27 PM

Youd like to think a club leg-end would be watching the game yesterday seeing as his 'beloved famous' were playing ?

Due to illness (myself), and the fact his nose dominates the area I live and makes it easy to spot, I can reveal he was walking his dog after kick off with his missus without any obvious rush to watch the game - I'm hoping he moves out the area soon so his nose doesn't keep causing unnecessary re-routing of the bus services in Morningside.

Malthibby
13-02-2017, 07:45 PM

Come on, you can do better than that, Shirley? Dissin' the League Cup is a bit of a giveaway.
:rolleyes:

danhibees1875
13-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Will be a tough game and would be a good 3 points to get.

We have 4 league games before we play Utd, they have 2. Going there 12 points clear would be a great achievement, and one we should be aiming for. :thumbsup:

Saying that, I think that could change if next Wednesday goes to plan and we have a QF to squeeze in. I'll accept a 9 point lead if we're still in the cup. :greengrin

StPauli
13-02-2017, 07:53 PM
If we show the same fight added with a bit more flair on Saturday then we should win the game, we need to be on our game and nail the 3 points.

Auckland Hibs
13-02-2017, 10:24 PM
If we show the same fight & determination for our remaining games as we did against the Yams then we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Liberal Hibby
13-02-2017, 10:46 PM
I'd take a point.

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 10:53 PM
I'd take a point.

Our form over there agrees with you, I probably agree with, but, 'mon Hibs, they are rubbish!

Heisenberg
13-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Yogi will have them up for it. We need to be better and more clinical than we have been against them already this season. A win would be huge.

Vini1875
14-02-2017, 12:00 AM
We need to win simply to pile pressure onto the chasing pack. To my mind the sooner we can wrap things up the better, so as to allow the planning to begin for being in the premier league.

houstonhibbee
14-02-2017, 12:13 AM
I'd take a point.
I said that about the away game at dumbarton based on our poor recent results there and got dogs abuse for it. We won 1-0.....

I think we perform better at Raith than Dumbarton so i think we should get all three points

JimBHibees
14-02-2017, 08:53 AM
We need to win simply to pile pressure onto the chasing pack. To my mind the sooner we can wrap things up the better, so as to allow the planning to begin for being in the premier league.

Agree win next couple and we will have a superb lead. Hugely important game.