PDA

View Full Version : Was everyone standing ?

humptiedumptie
13-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Because I,m a Sixties man in more than one sense, I don,t want to stand at a game for 90 mins. For that reason, I didn,t attend yesterday,s game because from past t.v. coverage of Hibs at Tynecastle it looks like people are or are having to stand the whole game. Now at this moment, I,m not looking for an argument about being able to stand or in this case being able to sit and watch the game, I just would like to know, was everyone standing?

FromTheCapital
13-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Everybody in lower was definitely standing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monktonhall 7
13-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Yep. Everybody was standing, and singing. Atmosphere was best I remember

monktonharp
13-02-2017, 10:41 AM
I stood ,in the lower for the whole game. the guy in front of me stood for some of the first half, and at times he couldnae stand:greengrin, that must have been the reason for him being thrown out at the interval:greengrin. I was puzzled at him getting in, to be honest.

Oscar T Grouch
13-02-2017, 10:45 AM
We were all standing and singing in the lower section. I would suggest if you want a seat (I could have done with one myself at a few points yesterday cause of my dodgy hip!) get a seat down the front. There was no attempt by the stewards to make us sit down, it would have been futile to try.

grammyb111
13-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Us and everyone around us in the middle of the 'upper' tier stood the whole game. I did get a wee seat at half time mind you

H18 SFR
13-02-2017, 10:46 AM
My son and I had three gentleman and I presume a grand daughter (adult) behind us in section K upper. They wanted to sit. Bizarrely they decided to rather abruptly ask my son to sit down, ignoring all the adults. He handled it really well. Explained he would sit if the 14 rows in front did before telling me there was no way he is sitting lol.

Kato
13-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Because I,m a Sixties man in more than one sense, I don,t want to stand at a game for 90 mins. For that reason, I didn,t attend yesterday,s game because from past t.v. coverage of Hibs at Tynecastle it looks like people are or are having to stand the whole game. Now at this moment, I,m not looking for an argument about being able to stand or in this case being able to sit and watch the game, I just would like to know, was everyone standing?

Scared you'll have a great fall?

HibsNutter
13-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Everyone standing leads to a better atmosphere. Fans were unbelievable yesterday, from the Murrayfield to the walk to the ground, until the end of the game.

seanshow
13-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I have sympathy for the OP and the elders amongst us, but standing at away games improves the atmosphere hugely not just for us but most teams, its more of a tribal collective thing....like the good old days :)

I would have ER all standing next Wednesday, doubt it would happen though.
GGTTH

Geo_1875
13-02-2017, 02:43 PM
I was standing almost the entire game and that was the best atmosphere since Kilmarnock in the cup (excluding Hampden of course).

Johnny Clash
13-02-2017, 03:58 PM
I prefer to stand (even having to use crutches yesterday - not easy at that sh** hole of a ground ) but I have sympathy for those who can't stand or simply prefer to sit. They still back the team and I'm sure they'll sing their lungs out too.

It would be good to try have an understanding that prevents arguments amongst our own. You see it happen at Hampden too. No easy answer especially when there's such a mad scramble for tickets.

Frazerbob
13-02-2017, 04:05 PM
I love that everyone stands and it does help create a great atmosphere like yesterday. However I too have sympathy with the OP. My old man is in his 70's and after a Derby at Tynie a few years ago he said he'll never go back. Too boisterous for him these days (he did have a smoke bomb thrown from the Wheatfield land at his feet), which is a shame that guys who have been going week in, week out for 60+ years miss the big away Derbies. I suppose that's life though.

Smartie
13-02-2017, 04:15 PM
It would be good if we could have standing and seated areas in grounds, so you could know exactly what you're getting.

iwasthere1972
13-02-2017, 05:11 PM
You've got to stand at Tynecastle. Have you seen how wide the seats are there? Even I struggle to get one bum cheek comfortable and I'm no a fattie either.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 05:14 PM
You've got to stand at Tynecastle. Have you seen how wide the seats are there? Even I struggle to get one bum cheek comfortable and I'm no a fattie either.

There was some in section J upper who insisted on sitting....:rolleyes: Standing is the norm at tynie

WS Hibs
13-02-2017, 05:21 PM
There was some in section J upper who insisted on sitting....:rolleyes: Staying is the norm at tynie

Could well have been the hospitality lot. I know it sounds incredibly harsh on some people who genuinely have trouble standing for 90 minutes, but at Tynecastle away and some parts of Hampden, standing really is considered the norm (and for a good reasonn, the atmosphere was incredible yesterday).

Keith_M
13-02-2017, 05:29 PM
It would be good if we could have standing and seated areas in grounds, so you could know exactly what you're getting.

:agree:

While I'm sure most people enjoyed standing, and it probably helped with the atmosphere, people like the OP should be able to attend games and know they can still see the game sitting down

This obviously wasn't an issue in days gone by as the East Terrace was for standing, with seating in the North and West.

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2017, 05:31 PM
I stood ,in the lower for the whole game. the guy in front of me stood for some of the first half, and at times he couldnae stand:greengrin, that must have been the reason for him being thrown out at the interval:greengrin. I was puzzled at him getting in, to be honest.

There's always a bam completely ruined, no matter how early the kick off.:greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
13-02-2017, 07:35 PM
I managed to sit down - just for 15 minutes though - then the teams came back out for the second half [emoji4]

007 Mickey Weir
13-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Stood the whole game. As was everyone around me in section L. Top tier

Pretty Boy
13-02-2017, 08:00 PM
I stood the whole game. Towards the back of section J.

Lancs Harp
13-02-2017, 08:04 PM
I stood virtually the whole game.

No room on the couch, it was covered in Green and white scarves and flags.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Stood in J Lower for 90 minutes. Atmosphere is so much better. Feel for older fans who may struggle to stand but it really does improve the atmosphere and all round experience of big games such as yesterday.

Jonnyboy
13-02-2017, 08:07 PM
I was in Block J, Row 18 and was with my brother and nephew. They both stood for the whole game, as did the fans in front of and behind them. I had a fella with a stick sitting behind me and he couldn't stand so out of consideration for him, I tried to stay seated as much as possible. Legs are killing me today after standing up/sitting down a million times during the game :greengrin

3pm
13-02-2017, 08:08 PM
I was in J, Row 20 and was sitting most of it! Stood for the last 15-20 mins.

3pm
13-02-2017, 08:09 PM
I was in Block J, Row 18 and was with my brother and nephew. They both stood for the whole game, as did the fans in front of and behind them. I had a fella with a stick sitting behind me and he couldn't stand so out of consideration for him, I tried to stay seated as much as possible. Legs are killing me today after standing up/sitting down a million times during the game :greengrin

Think that's where it's difficult John, consideration for others!

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 09:30 PM

I was in J, Row 20 and was sitting most of it! Stood for the last 15-20 mins.

I was J row 16 and had to sit for most of the game.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2017, 09:33 PM

We have it already it is called seating :cb

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 09:43 PM
I do sympathise with the OP, but it is the way it is (right or wrong). Yes, it is seated, but folk don't sit in the Roseburn. They don't sit in the north stand at Hampden, either.

KingFranck
13-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Section M upstairs stood whole game.
Every other time I've been at that dump the stewards and Police have ordered us to sit down.
Clearly they didn't fancy telling us all to sit down yesterday.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2017, 09:51 PM
I struggled to see much of the goalmouth at our end yesterday due to people standing but I wasn't expecting anything different. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 09:55 PM
I struggled to see much of the goalmouth at our end yesterday due to people standing but I wasn't expecting anything different. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.

In a decent stadium you can see when folk stand up.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2017, 10:00 PM
In a decent stadium you can see when folk stand up.

I can at Easter Road, unfortunately Tynecastle falls well short of the definition of a "decent stadium".

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 10:06 PM
I can at Easter Road, unfortunately Tynecastle falls well short of the definition of a "decent stadium".

That's kind of my point :wink:.

Bill Milne
14-02-2017, 10:08 AM
There are some games where it is impossible to sit down and I, for one, accept that!! At 61, however, I did appreciate the chance to park my bum for 15 minutes.

HappyHanlon
14-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Could well have been the hospitality lot. I know it sounds incredibly harsh on some people who genuinely have trouble standing for 90 minutes, but at Tynecastle away and some parts of Hampden, standing really is considered the norm (and for a good reasonn, the atmosphere was incredible yesterday).

Hospitality got Section K and majority were standing.

I do agree that there should be a designated area if you don't fancy standing though.

Since90+2
14-02-2017, 11:00 AM
I would imagine a fair proportion of the East will be standing for the replay as well. I certainly will be.

HappyHanlon
14-02-2017, 11:01 AM
I would imagine a fair proportion of the East will be standing for the replay as well. I certainly will be.

^^^^

This :thumbsup:

mutley
14-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Hospitality got Section K and majority were standing.

I do agree that there should be a designated area if you don't fancy standing though.

I was in section K , row 19 and all around me stood the whole match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FC Leige
14-02-2017, 11:25 AM
If the folk in front of you are standing you dont have a choice. Unless you want sit the **** doon arguments for 90 minutes.

ChooseLife
14-02-2017, 11:25 AM
I do sympathise with the OP, but it is the way it is (right or wrong). Yes, it is seated, but folk don't sit in the Roseburn. They don't sit in the north stand at Hampden, either.

:agree: Anything behind row Z tends to stand in Section 43 aswell.

Edinburgh Green
14-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Scared you'll have a great fall?

:tee hee:

danhibees1875
14-02-2017, 01:21 PM
It's always been the way at tynecastle whenever I've been that you can get a seat at half time to rest and other than that everyone stands. Thankfully I've never had someone behind me ask me to sit down, as I'd feel bad for blocking their view/enjoyment but there wouldn't be much I could do...

Maybe we can ask if they'd consider a seated section for our next visit? :greengrin

cmcd
14-02-2017, 02:02 PM
I stood the whole game. Towards the back of section J.

Me too