PDA

View Full Version : Replay prediction

12-02-2017, 11:08 PM
I fully admit my prediction for todays game was way wrong. We played like the team we were v dundee united, cup final and last seasons derbies.

My personal prediction is 1-0 Hibs mainly due to the fact every scottish cup derby at easter road since 2012 has ended in a 1-0 win to Hibernian, also because it will be tough but I think/hope we can see it through. Here we goooo 2 in a row 🍀💚

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
12-02-2017, 11:11 PM
5-1

Thecat23
12-02-2017, 11:12 PM
2-0 or 2-1 Hibs. We will also show them we can play and expose their back four.

Slavers
12-02-2017, 11:21 PM
It feels good to be bringing the tie back to a proper football stadium and good pitch. I'm going for 1-0 Hibs - Cummings scoring just before half time.

SRHibs
12-02-2017, 11:21 PM
8-0

12-02-2017, 11:22 PM
It feels good to be bringing the tie back to a proper football stadium and good pitch. I'm going for 1-0 Hibs - Cummings scoring just before half time.
My prediction exactly. Heres hoping. GGTTH

hfc rd
12-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Hibs to win 2-0

McGinn & Cummings to score

Salt N Sauzee
12-02-2017, 11:27 PM
1-0 Hibs.

Here we go, 2 in a row!!

Col2
12-02-2017, 11:31 PM
2-1 Hibs. Cummings on score sheet again. Full house under floodlights and SOL at the end. Feel good factor up a notch again.

Not arrogance or expectation just my honest opinion. The game will be very different to today's and while they will benefit from a better surface, we are at home and will outplay them yet again.

Then.......

March - Quarter Final and win and double figure lead in league.

April - Back to Hampden (is this now our second home or is that Tynie?!?) v's sheep, Huns or lesser greens. Championship wrapped up before game.

Who knows what next.....

wookie70
12-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Odd goal in it. 1-0 Hibs, Cummings

Callum7
12-02-2017, 11:34 PM
1-0 own goal in the 12th minute.

Speedy
12-02-2017, 11:34 PM
I predict the pitch to be in a better condition.

Keyser Sauzee
12-02-2017, 11:41 PM
I can see extra time on the cards, possibly penalties. Still think the tie is in the balance.

NZ Green
12-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Again, totally unsure - the pitch didnt allow for free-flowing football and Hibs adapted better on it I feel.
We have much better conditions at ER which will allow for some actual football to be played. I think Lennon will get the tactics right though and if we play with the same determination as we did at Tynecastle we will find the goal a couple of times. The problem is Hearts have the potential to do it too. If I was a betting man I would say 2-1 Hibs though.

Hi Heid Yin
13-02-2017, 12:01 AM
I can see extra time on the cards, possibly penalties. Still think the tie is in the balance.

With all due respect, you Hibs youngsters need to start to believe that we are now the dominant Capital derby team and that all those years of financial doctoring and corruption by Hearts - leading to unfair advantage on the playing field (dominating derbies) is over. They have to go back 7 games to their last win over us - a dubious game where we still outplayed them.
The mental side of the game was won by too many Jambos because we allowed it - sadly, too many Hibs players went onto the park defeated before kick off. This is no longer the case. We now dominate and bully them. We have now instilled fear and the very real prospect of defeat into their minds.
Read my post: Lifted From Kickback Tonight: Sit Back And Enjoy

These quotes from the Jambos give us a real insight into their current mind set.
Believe me also when I tell you that Hibbies of my age (59) grew up knowing nothing but Hibs domination of the derby.

Eddie Burntool
13-02-2017, 12:14 AM
I fully admit my prediction for todays game was way wrong. We played like the team we were v dundee united, cup final and last seasons derbies.

My personal prediction is 1-0 Hibs mainly due to the fact every scottish cup derby at easter road since 2012 has ended in a 1-0 win to Hibernian, also because it will be tough but I think/hope we can see it through. Here we goooo 2 in a row 🍀💚

Unbelievable! Honestly didn't see us doing the business! Was getting pelters beforehand and to all concerned - fair enough. I stand corrected!

Am I right in saying that's six undefeated? I think I am.

GGTTH

13-02-2017, 12:18 AM
With all due respect, you Hibs youngsters need to start to believe that we are now the dominant Capital derby team and that all those years of financial doctoring and corruption by Hearts - leading to unfair advantage on the playing field (dominating derbies) is over. They have to go back 7 games to their last win over us - a dubious game where we still outplayed them.
The mental side of the game was won by too many Jambos because we allowed it - sadly, too many Hibs players went onto the park defeated before kick off. This is no longer the case. We now dominate and bully them. We have now instilled fear and the very real prospect of defeat into their minds.

These quotes from the Jambos give us a real insight into their current mind set.
Believe me also when I tell you that Hibbies of my age (59) grew up knowing nothing but Hibs domination of the derby.
I respect your comment fully. I am probably one of the youngest on this being 17 at the end of march. All ive known is hearts dominance for the 8 years ive followed Hibs from a half rep.irish half rangers family(thats my reasoning for only being a Hibee 8 years took me a while to decide, best choice imo). I also know hearts dominance was due to over spending money they didnt have. We are the stronger team in my opinion. I had my doubts after the ayr united game(nothing to do with Hearts beating poor rangers side and 10 man motherwell) but Lennon got the team spot on today but in the replay I say we play Boyle and Humphrey. We will win a week on wednesday ive never been confident in derbies but this one I am. My Jambo Great Uncle(RIP) always told me when he was a wee laddie Hibs dominated the derbies and he always hated the derby when it was meant to be exciting for both sides but most Hearts fans feared facing Hibs in any competition. Times have changed in the last 40/50 years for sure.

13-02-2017, 12:19 AM
Unbelievable! Honestly didn't see us doing the business! Was getting pelters beforehand and to all concerned - fair enough. I stand corrected!

GGTTH
You are right. Last time Hearts won a derby it was 2-1 at Tynecastle 1st derby of the 1st Championship Season.

13-02-2017, 12:21 AM

GGTTH
Also to add on Hearts havent beat us in the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle in 50 years

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Imagine penalty kicks...i dont think i could handle that...

Hopefully we can sneak a win, will be a good battle.

FromTheCapital
13-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Penalties.

Can we sign conrad on "emergancy" loan 😉😂

FromTheCapital
13-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Can we sign conrad on "emergancy" loan [emoji6][emoji23]

Marciano is a genius. We'll be fine [emoji23]

13-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Marciano is a genius. We'll be fine [emoji23]

I agree.

JackLadd
13-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Same as the last replay at ER. 1-0 Cummings.

Thecat23
13-02-2017, 12:52 AM

Well said 👏🏼

California-Hibs
13-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Big day out for the Jambos. Getting to see what a proper grass playing surface is like and they'll also get to enjoy being in a bigger modern day stadium.

The result will disappoint them though, as per usual really in derbies of late. Power to still be with us - Hibs 2-0 Hearts

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Big day out for the Jambos. Getting to see what a proper grass playing surface is like and they'll also get to enjoy being in a bigger modern day stadium.

The result will disappoint them though, as per usual really in derbies of late. Power to still be with us - Hibs 2-0 Hearts

Yep 2 nil Hibs about right.

lord bunberry
13-02-2017, 08:15 AM
It will be a hard fought game which we will win. Hearts away record is terrible, Motherwell are the only team they can beat away from home.

SON OF PADDY
13-02-2017, 08:17 AM
2-0 Big Holt and Jason both at the Dunbar end. 😆

hibsbollah
13-02-2017, 08:28 AM

GGTTH

I also thought we'd get beat yesterday. There's no need for you to apologise :dunno: it's just a prediction, I'm not sure why certain posters feel the need to point out who was right and wrong after the event. And it was 0-0, it's not over yet.

Waxy
13-02-2017, 08:36 AM
0-0 Hibees win on pens

Big L
13-02-2017, 12:24 PM
It will be a hard fought game which we will win. Hearts away record is terrible, Motherwell are the only team they can beat away from home.

Sept last year was the last time they won away from home before beating Well, who went down to 10 men with 30 min to go. They got beat but they had more of the game and better chances than them. They are abysmal away from the PBS.
They are saying the there pitch suited us more than them, if that's the case we should be watering our pitch , that's what they would do if the situ was reversed!

Keyser Sauzee
13-02-2017, 12:41 PM

I get that we may have the edge mentally in derbies now and have a great record recently I just feel it will be a tight game given the way both teams played yesterday and how we have been defensively tight all season however we didn't create any clear chances yesterday which is why I think it will be tight again at Easter Road. Hope I'm wrong and we smash them tho

Ronniekirk
13-02-2017, 01:04 PM
I get that we may have the edge mentally in derbies now and have a great record recently I just feel it will be a tight game given the way both teams played yesterday and how we have been defensively tight all season however we didn't create any clear chances yesterday which is why I think it will be tight again at Easter Road. Hope I'm wrong and we smash them tho

We didnt really go for it in the last 10 minutes Who knows if we would of scored if we had brought on another attack minded player .
I would think they will learn from that game ,and the better pitch will allow them to try and play better football .
But Lennon executed a game plan ,to perfection to nullify them, and it worked .
The trick in the Replay will be how to do that but for us to be more creative at the other end ,Cummings got into good positions but the way we were set up meant he had no support and it was easy to put a few players on him Having said that he still caused them problems
We havent been freescoring recently so my original prediction stands
2. 1 Hibs in the Replay if we can reproduce that form and committment and add a bit more creativity

B.H.F.C
13-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit of it went all the way to penalties. Don't think there is much between us at all.

1875M
13-02-2017, 01:07 PM
1-0 Hibs, Graham extra time winner

pacoluna
13-02-2017, 01:08 PM

It's the older yins that are the pessimists lol, just look at Bonnyrigg prediction thread :)

snooky
13-02-2017, 01:10 PM
I predict if we get too cocky we will be unprepared for the task ahead.
Let's keep focused with our feet firmly on the ground. The bonny boys have a job to do.
Remember, it's a cup-tie so anything can happen (as we all well know).

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 01:16 PM
8-0

:rolleyes::bitchy::rolleyes::bitchy::rolleyes::bit chy:

9-0.

KSA Hibee
13-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Well if the last reply was anything to go by I predict my er@e will be squeaking if we give the ball away as easily.

We seemed to lump it away for it to come straight back.

If we had Paul H back in the team our back line would be pretty tight. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet but wouldn't give a monkeys how many we lose as long as we get one more than the manky mob.

Mon the Cabbage and let's pump 'em 🙏💚🏆💚

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Its just as difficult to call as the first game was.

The Yams seem to be under the impression we don't play football because of what we did on Sunday, but that performance was adapting to the conditions, not a reflection of our usual style ....... for example John McGinn battled really well, but he had little chance to be creative or run with the ball due to how Hibs set up and the state of the pitch, which would have embarrassed a council parks keeper.

I do think the Yams will be able to play better away from their own dump ..... but we now have the home advantage and the question has to be 'can they adapt to a hostile away crowd?' ...... they turned over the Huns at their own place, but haven't made a dent against them or any other team away from home where a decent sized crowd was against them.

I have no idea how this is going to go, I still think it will be a tight game settled by the odd goal .... 1 - 0 or 2 - 1

churchie16
13-02-2017, 01:44 PM
1-0 to the hibs big grant holt works his socks off every time he plays and it will happen for him soon enough in front of a sell out Easter road under the lights 💚🏆 here we go 2 in a row....

Baw187
13-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Struggle to know how it'll go. I don't think last year has a baring cause we were on the ascendancy after the 2 goals in the last 10 at Tynie so we had them mentally done and were able to start the first 10mins of the replay in the same fashion. I think we'll see a more aggressive Hearts and possibly a team that are looking to hold possession on a much better surface.

How we respond is obviously just as important but we will need to take the game too them more than we did yesterday from an attacking sense and that might play in to their hands.

Basically, I have no idea how it will go or what to predict but if I was pressed I'd say 1-1 and penalties.

FilipinoHibs
13-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I am getting really nervous reading this thread. Who knows what will happen? But if the Yams stop trying to play "football" then defo Hibs.

Smartie
13-02-2017, 01:47 PM
I think we'll edge them out by the odd goal, probably 1-0, but we'll have to graft as hard as we did yesterday and we can take nothing at all for granted.

calumhibee1
13-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Let's keep in mind that Hearts while they had a good result last time out away from home against Motherwell, they have an absolutely shocking away record. This idea that playing at ER will suit them better is ridiculous. 3 wins out of 14 away from home would suggest they're far better suited to their own ****hole.

SanFranHibs
13-02-2017, 01:49 PM
I do not think it will go to extra time. Would not be surprised if one team ends up playing with 10 men.

I thinks Hibs will prevail in a tight affair.

:flag:

snooky
13-02-2017, 01:58 PM
It's the older yins that are the pessimists lol, just look at Bonnyrigg prediction thread :)

Folk who are 'the older yins' ken what's goin' on, that's why. :cool2:

Edinburgher
13-02-2017, 07:45 PM
My prediction is that Hibs will win and the yams will be wearing their beautiful canary and pink away strip to add to the humiliation.

Blocks Biloxi
13-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Hearts to play 2 up top like they finished, and Lennon to maybe throw a curveball and play with width. Either way it'll be a more open game.

Nominate someone to sit on Tziolis again - maybe McGinn - and never give him a second. Break up the play, get it down, and catch them napping.

2-0 Hibs.

northstandhibby
13-02-2017, 08:17 PM
I'm quietly confident we can win at ER with a huge very noisy home crowd. However apart from a few derbies they have never been easy so I would be very happy with winning by the odd goal. A quiet confidence for me. Learned never to be overly confident for a derby but we have a very good chance with a fair referee of course.

glory glory

Cod Boy
13-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Hearts game on Saturday is called off any bit of rain this week and it's a excuse for the state of the pitch. They tried this pre replay last season and it backfired hopefully will again.

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 09:17 PM
I don't care if it's your honest opinion - DINNAE SAY PENALTIES!!!!!!

:ill:

Aldo
13-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Another tight affair with us sneaking it by the odd goal!

Having watched the game their new left back Sowah is without a doubt a weak link which must be exploited.

This is where Lennon will earn his crust! Wonder if we will have a few surprise selections in a better surface?? Boyle?? Humphrey??

We more than held our own and should not fear them!!

The best thing about Sundays game was Lennon didn't really show his hand and the subs were pretty much like for like!!

Their arrogance shall be their downfall

Baw187
13-02-2017, 09:48 PM
I don't care if it's your honest opinion - DINNAE SAY PENALTIES!!!!!!

:ill:

It would be absolute torture

Pete
13-02-2017, 09:51 PM
1-1, 1-0 or 0-1.

Glory Lurker
13-02-2017, 10:01 PM
It would be absolute torture

I actually think I would have to leave before they started.

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2017, 10:02 PM
My predictions are generally wrong so I'll go for 0-2 Hearts. An early goal catching us cold, and us getting hit on the break again at the end.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2017, 10:06 PM
They're still the favourites, they're the Premiership side playing against a team from a lower league so they should be confident.

I am more confident than I was yesterday and a full Easter Road could help to see us through. I really don't want penalties.

Smartie
13-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Like yesterday, a first goal will be crucial.

If we get it, I'd be surprised to see them scoring against us.

If they get it then it could be a long, frustrating night for us.

Big L
13-02-2017, 11:15 PM
I think this could go in to extra time. Score 3-2 to us. My prediction for Sundays game was a repeat of last year, a draw at hhe PBS and a win at ER.

WS Hibs
13-02-2017, 11:27 PM
I'm torn between thinking it will be a copy of one of two past derbies.

Scenario 1: Hibs recreate last season's derby by coming out and blowing Hearts away in the first half an hour, getting an early goal in the process. Hearts gradually grow into the game but are unable to find an equaliser. 1-0 Hibs.

Scenario 2: Hibs come out and do everything but score, Hearts score from their only shot all night. Carbon copy of that League Cup game that made Fenlon walk. 1-0 Hearts.

Don't see either side running away with it.

H18 SFR
13-02-2017, 11:39 PM
It will be very interesting to see how they get on in the league on Saturday.

Hibernia&Alba
14-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Just like the first game, it's very difficult to call, IMHO. I think there will be little between the teams again; I'll go 2-1 Hibs, but it could just as easily be a one goal margin for them. I think the atmosphere at home will see us through.

SirDavidsNapper
14-02-2017, 02:41 AM
Massive, massive game this. With all due respect to Ayr and Clyde I'd expect Hibs to progress to the semis if they beat Hearts then who knows what could happen. Like the previous poster says, it will be a tight game. There is very little between the teams. Hoping home advantage and a passionate support pull us through. Easter Road really is like a 12th man to Hibs in these big games

hfc-1875
14-02-2017, 06:55 AM
1-0 to us, goal in the first 10 and stadium bouncing for the rest of the night.