PDA

View Full Version : Here's to you Liam Henderson

Johnny Clash
12-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Good seeing Hendo outside Tynie after the game today.
Great reception from Hibbys.
Hope he makes it back to Easter Road - legend!

McIntosh
12-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Hope he makes it back to Easter Road - legend! True legend!!!

hibby6270
12-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Hope he makes it back to Easter Road - legend!

:top marks:not worth

lucky
12-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Always be a Hibs hero but ultimately he's a Celtic player and supporter who got a ticket that could have gone to a Hibs supporter

SaulGoodman
12-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Always be a Hibs hero but ultimately he's a Celtic player and supporter who got a ticket that could have gone to a Hibs supporter

Zzzz

KSA Hibee
12-02-2017, 04:09 PM

Jeso

adhibs
12-02-2017, 04:11 PM

Get a grip. The guys clearly hibs daft now. a legend for that contribution to the cup, deserves in whenever he wants.

Thecat23
12-02-2017, 04:11 PM

Hibs fan got the ticket. Also a hibs legend, also a hibs Scottish cup winner. Poor post btw.

Onion
12-02-2017, 04:12 PM

Crass.

lucky
12-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Crass.

Not really, why should he get a ticket for a sell out game? He'll be doing his best to ensure his team wins the Scottish cup not ours. As I said Hibs hero last year but he is a Celtic supporter

oconnors_strip
12-02-2017, 04:15 PM

He got his ticket from a hibs player whose family didn't attend today's match. Liam is often at Easter road when not playing or training with Celtic, he is and will always be welcomed to any hibs game

hibee
12-02-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm sure he didn't get a ticket in the public sale so didn't stop anyone else getting a ticket!

Chip shop Joe
12-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Boy at my work is a Celtic season ticket holder and says that Henderson is playing very well for them and looks a real player(as if we didn't know that!), Not convinced that his future will be at Celtic but sadly his performances will not go unoticed and I think we would be priced out of any move for him.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Not happy-go today?

iwasthere1972
12-02-2017, 04:20 PM

Obviously a Hibs fan who couldn't deliver.

WestEndHibee
12-02-2017, 04:21 PM
I didnt manage to get a ticket in the 17 minutes that they were available but I'd have no problem that I lost a ticket to Liam Henderson considering the utter euphoric joy he gave us in May.

Despite that I imagine he didnt get a ticket that was available to the public anyway.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Not really, why should he get a ticket for a sell out game? He'll be doing his best to ensure his team wins the Scottish cup not ours. As I said Hibs hero last year but he is a Celtic supporter

Go to your bed.

JohnM1875
12-02-2017, 04:23 PM

Surely you're kidding?! ****ing hell! You do know if it wasn't for his contribution we wouldn't be going to Tynie today as holders? He can have any ticket he wants! Always.

Pete
12-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Guy is a legend. Behave.

Thecat23
12-02-2017, 04:29 PM

How big a hole you wanting to dig? Seriously away lie down in a dark room before you post anymore.

Thecat23
12-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Guy is a legend. Behave.

Correct 👍🏼

Thecat23
12-02-2017, 04:31 PM
For the record they will be comp tickets so wouldn't matter what player took them we wouldn't get that seat.

R'Albin
12-02-2017, 04:31 PM

He got the goal winning assist in the Scottish cup final ffs.

Canon Hannan
12-02-2017, 04:35 PM

What a negative post.
I watched two Hibs u20s players who are Jambos singing and dancing with the Hibs support today and loving it! Maybe they have changed or just loving the Hibs support. Looked like they were right up for it hahahaha.
Liam is a hero to most of us in my view.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Legend.

If he's struggling for a ticket for the replay I'd happily give him my seat. Played a part in the best weekend of my life.

stoneyburn hibs
12-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Belter of a post.

TheHarpy76
12-02-2017, 04:46 PM

Good grief!!!

He's a cup winning legend ffs. Would you have been complaining if it was Sauzee that had the ticket?

wookie70
12-02-2017, 04:47 PM
If the club bring back loyalty points I wouldn't complain too much if 1.000.000 points are awarded for delivering a Cup Winning goal. That way Liam can get a ticket any time he wants. Good to see Hibs is the kind of club that now stays in the blood.

Malthibby
12-02-2017, 04:51 PM

Celtic player, his ticket did go to a Hibs supporter, really pleased he was there.
GG

EastCalderHibby
12-02-2017, 04:53 PM

He can have my season ticket if he likes and i will patg LEGEND

Alex Trager
12-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Jeese Louise

Winston Ingram
12-02-2017, 05:02 PM

FFS. They boy won us the cup and your grudging him a ticket 🙈

Keith_M
12-02-2017, 05:05 PM

Wow!

He should be entitled to a ticket for every Hibs game for life.

southfieldhibby
12-02-2017, 05:06 PM
He's a hibby is he not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brog
12-02-2017, 05:11 PM

I've posted before but it really is time for you to change your user name. Maybe saddo!

Onion
12-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Stop digging.

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2017, 05:15 PM

****in hell

The Spaceman
12-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Shook his hand in the concourse after the game (couldn't help myself!).

Absolute legend. Any player from our Scottish Cup winning team is welcome to any game. All the children complaining about him getting a ticket can go support someone else with that attitude.

Lee Marvin
12-02-2017, 05:23 PM

Embarrassing post. Hopefully you regret it.

adhibs
12-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Shook his hand in the concourse after the game (couldn't help myself!).

Absolute legend. Any player from our Scottish Cup winning team is welcome to any game. All the children complaining about him getting a ticket can go support someone else with that attitude.

the child you mean

hfc rd
12-02-2017, 05:29 PM
He can have my season ticket seat for the replay. Legend who will always be welcomed to sit amongst the fans.

Stubbsyy
12-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Think he'll end up at Easter road if he doesn't make it at CP. Great wee player

Betty Boop
12-02-2017, 05:37 PM
​Nae need for all the name calling. everybody's entitled to their opinion.

lyonhibs
12-02-2017, 05:37 PM
If I walked in on Henderson with my missus, I'd mop his brow and make his coffee.

Gladly.

Absolute legend.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2017, 05:38 PM

Hats off if you were fishing for bites.

Chip shop Joe
12-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Boy at my work is a Celtic season ticket holder and says that Henderson is playing very well for them and looks a real player(as if we didn't know that!), Not convinced that his future will be at Celtic but sadly his performances will not go unoticed and I think we would be priced out of any move for him.

Bay Area Hibees
12-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Jeso

F right off seriously
He can have my ticket any day

hibsboy69
12-02-2017, 05:58 PM

Shut it you fanny ! :greengrin

Just kidding :tee hee:

Lago
12-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Grow up:confused:

chrisski33
12-02-2017, 06:17 PM

Why not? Lucky deserves it after his poor posts

sleeping giant
12-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Why not? His comments or opinions deserve it

Get a grip of yourself.

I would personally carry Hendo to his seat at the next game.

lapsedhibee
12-02-2017, 06:40 PM

:tsk tsk: Easy to make a promise like that when you know he's not going to the Raith game because Celtc play Motherwell at the exact same time.

snooky
12-02-2017, 06:51 PM

Is it Groundhog Day? :dunno:
:wink:

chrisski33
12-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Get a grip of yourself.

Eh?? What do u mean? I think lucky is well out of line.

J-C
12-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Is it Groundhog Day? :dunno:
:wink:

Haha I had to check twice myself thinking I've already read this, about and hour and a half between posts. :greengrin

Greencore
12-02-2017, 08:03 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

MrSmith
12-02-2017, 08:06 PM

That is so unlike you lucky??

GreenLake
12-02-2017, 08:09 PM

He can have my Lakers, Kings, Clippers, Galaxy, LAFC or BNP Paribas Tennis Open season tickets if he comes over to LA. The guy is a Hibs legend and a Hibs VIP and I think most of us would roll out a red carpet for him.

Glorious St Pat
12-02-2017, 08:11 PM

So ******g what? He was cheering the Bhoys on and he plenty of Hibs supporting family members to always be made welcome at the Holy Ground. His contributions last year more than made up for him taking up a 'Hibs' ticket!

BroxburnHibee
12-02-2017, 08:45 PM
So ******g what? He was cheering the Bhoys on and he plenty of Hibs supporting family members to always be made welcome at the Holy Ground. His contributions last year more than made up for him taking up a 'Hibs' ticket!

And who are the "Bhoys" he was cheering?

Blaster
12-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Absolute gent. Sitting in the row in front of us and must have been asked to get his picture taken 30 times and obliged every time (not all 30 were me btw 😄)

Singing along to the songs too!!

bigwheel
12-02-2017, 08:55 PM

He put in the corners to win us the cup....He has earned the right to watch us whenever he wishes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibee316
12-02-2017, 08:57 PM

Went to see Trainspotting 2 last week, and Ewan Mcgregor got a bloody free ticket! Taking tickets away from real fans!

Stantons Angel
12-02-2017, 09:04 PM

what a strange post?

Im not sure if you are trying to wynd them up on here but you have succeeded.

You grudge Liam a ticket because he plays for Celtic and supports them, does that also mean

the other guy who played for Celtic and supports them wouldnt get one after scoring two goals

in the final and giving us a weekend never to forget!?

just doesnt sit well with me?

gazzag70
12-02-2017, 09:14 PM
My god .... you would deny a legend a ticket. Liam Henderson is an absolute Hibs legend and I have been following The Hibees for 50 years and legends are few and far between!

capitals_finest
12-02-2017, 09:17 PM

:confused: Are you for real?

ColinNish
12-02-2017, 09:21 PM

"Bhoys"? Away and have a word with yourself, we're no the Smellies.

snooky
12-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Liam Henderson went to a big game in London was told it was sold out.
He said to the doorman "If Prince Charles arrived I bet you'd find him a seat"
The doorman said "Yes, of course we would."
Liam said "Well he's no' coming so I'll have it"
<boom! boom!>

(Old Tommy Cooper joke)

vuefrom1875
12-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Hibs fan got the ticket. Also a hibs legend, also a hibs Scottish cup winner. Poor post btw.

Agreed

Billychaotic182
12-02-2017, 09:47 PM

This has to be a piss take? There is no way you are for real. No biting haha

ronaldo7
12-02-2017, 09:50 PM

You've excelled yourself with that post.

Liam would get the red carpet treatment and have tickets to spare if he only asked. Nice to see the Hibs family looking after him eh.

Callyballybe
12-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Liam Henderson went to a big game in London was told it was sold out.
He said to the doorman "If Prince Charles arrived I bet you'd find him a seat"
The doorman said "Yes, of course we would."
Liam said "Well he's no' coming so I'll have it"
<boom! boom!>

(Old Tommy Cooper joke)

Haha! Not heard that before - belter!

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Wow Lucky ... your usually not a bad poster, but this is beneath you mate. The guy bust a gut at Easter Road and made a huge contribution to ending a 114 year curse on this club ..... the guy is a Hibs legend, who gives a stuff who he supports .... he is and always will be a Hibby, whether he likes it or not ..... and I have a feeling he does like it :greengrin

Sorry mate, bit of an error here, let me put you straight ...... on Saturday he played for the Bhoys ..... today he was supporting the Hibs and on Monday he will be back training with the Bhoys.

Hhibs hhave nhever bheen khnown ahs thhe Bhoys ahnd nhever whill bhe ................. ghot iht:aok:

Dunbar Hibee
13-02-2017, 04:45 AM
**** Celtic. Love Hendo though.

Phil MaGlass
13-02-2017, 08:54 AM

OMG:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2017, 08:57 AM

Top notch bit of fishing Lucky - congrats.

dp00
13-02-2017, 09:15 AM
There would have been 100s of fans in the away shed that were not hibs fans once you take into consideration all the players friends and family. At end of day tho Liam is a cup final winning legend and should be allowed to attend any hibs game he wishes

Out of interest would you have an issue with griffiths being at the game ?

tamig
13-02-2017, 09:20 AM
There would have been 100s of fans in the away shed that were not hibs fans once you take into consideration all the players friends and family. At end of day tho Liam is a cup final winning legend and should be allowed to attend any hibs game he wishes

Out of interest would you have an issue with griffiths being at the game ?

I doubt there were 100s of non-Hibbies in the Roseburn yesterday. Not a chance.

dp00
13-02-2017, 09:23 AM
I doubt there were 100s of non-Hibbies in the Roseburn yesterday.

Players family who are just supporting the player , hibs staff who don't support hibs ect you might be surprised .

Maybe 100 a bit steep but my point is there would be a good number of folk who are less of a hibs fan than Liam Henderson in that crowd today

emerald green
13-02-2017, 01:25 PM

A truly awful and mean spirited post. :rolleyes:

jacomo
13-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Sorry mate, bit of an error here, let me put you straight ...... on Saturday he played for the Bhoys ..... today he was supporting the Hibs and on Monday he will be back training with the Bhoys.

Hhibs hhave nhever bheen khnown ahs thhe Bhoys ahnd nhever whill bhe ................. ghot iht:aok:

Well said.

Some Hibs fans clearly have an affinity for Celtc due to our shared heritage, and that's ok - live and let live, I say.

But if anyone starts this bhoys bhollocks with Hibs I swear I will do time. We are above cheap nationalism thanks.

Hibrandenburg
13-02-2017, 01:52 PM

:faf:

Kato
13-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Hhibs hhave nhever bheen khnown ahs thhe Bhoys ahnd nhever whill bhe

OHh, Yhes they hhave.

Lugton's 1st book full of contemporary references to Hibs as "The Bhoys".

Of course that was before Celtc came along and appointed themselves as the most Irish thing of all Irish things, ever.

southsider
13-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Ever thought he may have been given his ticket by a Hibs player ? JM and Liam are good pals.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2017, 02:53 PM
OHh, Yhes they hhave.

Of course that was before Celtc came along and appointed themselves as the most Irish thing of all Irish things, ever.

True enough mate:

"At the time of their founding, Hibernian had various nicknames such as “representatives of the Emerald Isle” or “the Bhoys”, but the most popular nicknames were “the Green Jerseys” and the Irishmen."
....The Making of Hibernian, Alan Lugton

It's part of our history but obviously a term which is uncommon for Hibs supporters to use, which is fair enough. A bit like 'Tim Malloys' which I believe was used to describe Irish Catholics and was adopted by a notorious gang in Glasgow who battled against 'The Billy Boys'.

'... An if you know your history" and all that... but nothing will ever alter the fact that Hendo will always be a Hibs legend as a result of 21.05.16

G B Young
13-02-2017, 03:36 PM
You just need to read this interview with him or watch him on the 'Time for Heroes' DVD to see what his time at Hibs meant to him. I wish him nothing but goodwill in his career, wherever it takes him.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/celtic-s-liam-henderson-i-d-love-to-play-for-hibs-again-1-4285898

jacomo
13-02-2017, 04:30 PM
OHh, Yhes they hhave.

Another the no they've taken from us? What a surprise.

In this case we should be willing to waive our fee - in return for Liam Henderson on a free transfer. I think that would be fair.

erin go bragh
13-02-2017, 05:20 PM

Well I for one ( who missed out on a ticket) don't grudge LH his ticket .
One of the immortals.

Onion
13-02-2017, 05:38 PM
To the OP, in all my years I'd struggle to name a player on loan at Hibs who played for the jersey more than Liam Henderson. Unbelievable contribution and we'd be heading for 115 if it wasn't for the lad.

Legend, and always welcome to sit in the Hibs end any time he likes.

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2017, 05:38 PM
OHh, Yhes they hhave.

LOL ...... Should have known I would get battered over the heid wi Lugton at some point. OK a better way to put it would be that in my experience as a Hibs fan I've never heard anybody refer to Hibs as 'the Bhoys' or seen them referred to as 'the Bhoys' in print either including in any of the Hibs based books I've read .... I haven't read Lugton, but do have a well thumbed copy of 100 years of Hibs.

That particular moniker as you say has been filched by Celtic in modern times ...... Its bad enough for us Hibbies living outside of Edinburgh being automatically presumed to be a Celtic fan if we wear a simple Green & White scarf. Hands up who thinks anybody would think I was identifying myself as a Hibs fan if I answered the question 'who do you support?' with .... 'the Bhoys'

Nakedmanoncrack
13-02-2017, 07:41 PM
LOL ...... Should have known I would get battered over the heid wi Lugton at some point. OK a better way to put it would be that in my experience as a Hibs fan I've never heard anybody refer to Hibs as 'the Bhoys' or seen them referred to as 'the Bhoys' in print either including in any of the Hibs based books I've read .... I haven't read Lugton, but do have a well thumbed copy of 100 years of Hibs.

That particular moniker as you say has been filched by Celtic in modern times ...... Its bad enough for us Hibbies living outside of Edinburgh being automatically presumed to be a Celtic fan if we wear a simple Green & White scarf. Hands up who thinks anybody would think I was identifying myself as a Hibs fan if I answered the question 'who do you support?' with .... 'the Bhoys'

How would they know if you were answering boys or bhoys though?

snooky
13-02-2017, 08:10 PM

They might also (quite mistakenly) assume you are of the 'Billy' type? :dunno:

McD
13-02-2017, 08:21 PM
To the OP, in all my years I'd struggle to name a player on loan at Hibs who played for the jersey more than Liam Henderson. Unbelievable contribution and we'd be heading for 115 if it wasn't for the lad.

:agree:

To give him even more credit, I'd say there's plenty of fully signed Hibs players who didn't play for the jersey as much as LH did.

More than happy for him to come to any match he fancies :greengrin

mca
13-02-2017, 08:25 PM
“the Bhoys”,

Glad they stole that .. :wink:

Johnny Clash
13-02-2017, 09:12 PM

Nice one!

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2017, 03:12 AM
Presume Lucky changed name then?

Peanut Shaz
14-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Absolute gent. Sitting in the row in front of us and must have been asked to get his picture taken 30 times and obliged every time (not all 30 were me btw 😄)

Singing along to the songs too!!

He was standing at the police cordon waiting to head to head up towards Gorgie Road at the end of the game. Was happy to have photos/selfies taken with everyone who asked, took all the Henderson to deliver and come back to the Hibs comments with good humour and actually seemed quite embarrassed by all the attention. Seemed an absolute all round nice guy

KSA Hibee
14-02-2017, 09:24 AM
You just need to read this interview with him or watch him on the 'Time for Heroes' DVD to see what his time at Hibs meant to him. I wish him nothing but goodwill in his career, wherever it takes him.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/celtic-s-liam-henderson-i-d-love-to-play-for-hibs-again-1-4285898

I missed this story first time round but what a read .... sitting at work reading it and bubbling like a bairn ... love his passion for the cabbage.

Top bloke who delivered my best ever day as a Hibs fan.

J-C
14-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Glad they stole that .. :wink:

I don't think they stole it, more a case of us moving to Easter Rd and becoming a community club and moving away from our Catholic/Irish roots, we became professional and money was being put into the club from local businessmen, the church had long gone by then. Many Catholics probably jumped ship and went to Celtic who were still pushing the Irish/Catholic connection to their club.

HappyHanlon
14-02-2017, 11:12 AM

:rolleyes: bore off

BullsCloseHibs
14-02-2017, 11:31 AM
He's my mate ✌

Top top Hibs Lhad.

BullsCloseHibs
14-02-2017, 11:34 AM
"Bhoys"? Away and have a word with yourself, we're no the Smellies.

Jeez o. How many times has this been covered?

The term bhoys was used way before the team fae the west introduced it and auld Hibees will recall using it. I know of plenty auld yins whae did. It's a FACT. whether ye like it or not (perhaps a read intae the Lugton books will help ye too).

Captain Trips
14-02-2017, 11:36 AM
As much as I wish he was back I have to say I hope his career goes well for him great attitude.

Just hope his only bad games are against us.

Cheers Liam and good luck.

BullsCloseHibs
14-02-2017, 11:37 AM
As much as I wish he was back I have to say I hope his career goes well for him great attitude.

Just hope his only bad games are against us.

Cheers Liam and good luck.

Well said. Liam Henderson, a Hibernian LEGEND.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!

HoboHarry
14-02-2017, 12:31 PM
If I walked in on Henderson with my missus, I'd mop his brow and make his coffee.

Gladly.

Absolute legend.
Not only would I do the same thing but if he wasn't happy with that I'd offer him my daughter 21 year old anaw..... :greengrin

14-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Never have we had a more passionate loan signing, someone who gave everything for the jersey. Christ, when you think back to the loan signings we've had in the past (class of 2012 springs to mind the most), bunch of gutless individuals who really couldn't give a **** about the club, just happy to pick up a wage and be on their way. Matt Doherty's "I don't give a ****" tweet after the 2012 pretty much summed up the attitude of most of them.

Liam Henderson contributed to the greatest day in this clubs history. He's an absolute legend and he is always more than welcome in the hibs support. I can't believe it's even an issue with some people!

SaulGoodman
14-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Not only would I do the same thing but if he wasn't happy with that I'd offer him my daughter 21 year old anaw..... :greengrin

What did your daughter get for Valentine's Day?

Asking for a friend..

Salt N Sauzee
14-02-2017, 01:28 PM
If I missed Edinburgh Derby's at Tynecastle for the rest of my life because Liam Henderson got the last ticket before me I'd be absolutely fine with that, in fact I'd pay for it for him and drive him to the ground. Every. Single. Time.

Legend.

HoboHarry
14-02-2017, 02:03 PM
What did your daughter get for Valentine's Day?

Asking for a friend..
Wisnae Liam Henderson I can tell you that...... :greengrin

My old man
14-02-2017, 03:12 PM

Oh woah is me can I have ma baw back jeezo

:aok:

My old man
14-02-2017, 03:49 PM
If I missed Edinburgh Derby's at Tynecastle for the rest of my life because Liam Henderson got the last ticket before me I'd be absolutely fine with that, in fact I'd pay for it for him and drive him to the ground. Every. Single. Time.

Legend.

:top marks

Iggy Pope
14-02-2017, 03:59 PM

Strongly recommend a wider range of reading for you friend. 100 Years of Hibs is possibly the biggest misnomer in the history of football writing in as much as it tells you very little about that 100 years. Could've covered the content in a pamphlet, albeit with some nice photos but preferably without a hun or two on the cover. My thumbs were both 12 when I read it and they've thumbed much more informatively since.

Liam can have a ticket any day for me though.

superfurryhibby
14-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Strongly recommend a wider range of reading for you friend. 100 Years of Hibs is possibly the biggest misnomer in the history of football writing in as much as it tells you very little about that 100 years. Could've covered the content in a pamphlet, albeit with some nice photos but preferably without a hun or two on the cover. My thumbs were both 12 when I read it and they've thumbed much more informatively since.

This.

I've read that the original proposal for 100 years of Hibs was a much more detailed book, publishers declined that and wanted a trim version. Lugton's tomes are still the best history of a footbal club I've ever read.

Liam has earned the right to watch the Hibs anytime he feels like it, no dispute about that!

My old man
14-02-2017, 04:31 PM

Legend.

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2017, 04:33 PM

LOL ..... I've done my fair share of Hibs related reading in my time Iggy. I agree that 100 years of Hibs doesn't cover the early years of the club as thoroughly as Lugton's clearly seems to, if the way he is quoted like the bible on here is anything to go by anyway.

I'm pretty sure my knowledge of Hibs early history is up there with most Hibs fans and better than some ...... As soon as I had posted that Hibs had never been referred to as 'the Bhoys' I knew I was setting myself up for a quote from 'Lugton' to show me I was wrong but in all honesty it was too much of a bother to change my post ...... As I said later, in the 40 odd years I've been going to Hibs matches I've never heard anybody refer to us as 'the Bhoys' ...... given that these days its clearly a phrase associated with another club I'm quite happy to keep it that way, apart from the fact that I always thought it was a bloody daft looking phrase anyway.

There is pictorial evidence that at one stage Hibs played in Green & White hoops ...... another phase from our past I'm happy to leave there :greengrin

HibbyDave
14-02-2017, 06:54 PM
So here's to you Liam Henderson, hibees love you more than you can know..
Tune if Mrs Robinson

Iggy Pope
16-02-2017, 04:26 PM
LOL ..... I've done my fair share of Hibs related reading in my time Iggy. I agree that 100 years of Hibs doesn't cover the early years of the club as thoroughly as Lugton's clearly seems to, if the way he is quoted like the bible on here is anything to go by anyway.

I'm pretty sure my knowledge of Hibs early history is up there with most Hibs fans and better than some ...... As soon as I had posted that Hibs had never been referred to as 'the Bhoys' I knew I was setting myself up for a quote from 'Lugton' to show me I was wrong but in all honesty it was too much of a bother to change my post ...... As I said later, in the 40 odd years I've been going to Hibs matches I've never heard anybody refer to us as 'the Bhoys' ...... given that these days its clearly a phrase associated with another club I'm quite happy to keep it that way, apart from the fact that I always thought it was a bloody daft looking phrase anyway.

There is pictorial evidence that at one stage Hibs played in Green & White hoops ...... another phase from our past I'm happy to leave there :greengrin

Late response, apologies. But why the quotations around Lugton? Or the (faintly infantile) LOL?
In all that reading and absorbing you've done are you implying that 'Lugton' might lack credibility? I hope not.
Well done on your 40 years, but you used 100 Years of Hibs yourself as the reference. Not me. And it's a picture book really. What else you been reading if not 'Lugton'? The splurge of pulp that we've had the last 10 years or so telling us stuff we already know? Man, when I was 10 (not pre-war by the way) plenty referred raucously referred to the Hibs as the Boys.Silent H or not. Keep the green flag flying high and all that.....

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Late response, apologies. But why the quotations around Lugton? Or the (faintly infantile) LOL?
In all that reading and absorbing you've done are you implying that 'Lugton' might lack credibility? I hope not.
Well done on your 40 years, but you used 100 Years of Hibs yourself as the reference. Not me. And it's a picture book really. What else you been reading if not 'Lugton'? The splurge of pulp that we've had the last 10 years or so telling us stuff we already know? Man, when I was 10 (not pre-war by the way) plenty referred raucously referred to the Hibs as the Boys.Silent H or not. Keep the green flag flying high and all that.....

Not sure i am qualified to comment on this discussion...!!

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2017, 06:03 PM

Sorry you found my 'lol' infantile Iggy, I was trying to keep the conversation light hearted .... I'll try to be more grown up in the future :greengrin

given the number of folk who are impressed by Lugton's books I'm more than happy to accept their accuracy. I was merely pointing out that any inaccuracy on a post on here will always end up being refuted by reference to Lugton's books, it wasn't a comment on their credibility.

To be honest whether or not Hibs were referred to as 'the Bhoys' in the past is a bit of a red herring, the discussion being had is whether the term can ( or should ) be used to refer to the club now ..... the point is that in modern times and I mean at least since the 70s Hibs have never been referred to using that term, it is exclusively the preserve of Celtic these days and I doubt there would be much enthusiasm amongst the Hibs support for any attempt to reclaim it, well apart from one or two maybe.

Perhaps 'older fans' did use the phrase, but I was travelling regularly on Hibs supporters busses for a good few seasons in the late 70s to the early years of the 80s, buses which carried Hibs fans far older than me at the time and I cant remember any occasion where a single one of them referred to Hibs as 'the Bhoys' ( the boys? ) either in conversation or in any song or chant that I can recall.

On top of that for a period in the early 80s I started keeping a scrap book each season ..... I have 4 or 5 of them covering every match report and article relating to Hibs for about 4 complete seasons up to about 1986 with articles and reports taken from the EEN, Pink and every major daily and Sunday newspaper of the time, without even bothering to dig them out of the attic I can say without fear of contradiction that of the hundreds of articles and match reports contained in these scrap books not a single one of them refers to Hibs as 'the Bhoys'

On a side note ...... I'm pretty sure the books cover the whole time Willie Irvine spent at Hibs, I always wondered if he would like a copy as a keepsake :greengrin

monktonharp
16-02-2017, 11:39 PM
So here's to you Liam Henderson, hibees love you more than you can know..
Tune if Mrs Robinson oh oh oh:wink:

17-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Think its safe to say I am the only person who agrees with you. Hendo may be a legend and a Hibs fan now but I know a Hibee (sure theres many more also) that hasnt missed a game since 70s/80s and missed that game, not saying he would have got that ticket but a life long fan could have got that ticket. And out of interest did anyone see Sparky? He is usually at derbys when he's not playing. No doubt him and hendo will make an appearance on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

17-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Went to see Trainspotting 2 last week, and Ewan Mcgregor got a bloody free ticket! Taking tickets away from real fans!
In his defence you can see trainspotting more than once and its not a once a season opportunity latley.

oconnors_strip
17-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Think its safe to say I am the only person who agrees with you. Hendo may be a legend and a Hibs fan now but I know a Hibee (sure theres many more also) that hasnt missed a game since 70s/80s and missed that game, not saying he would have got that ticket but a life long fan could have got that ticket. And out of interest did anyone see Sparky? He is usually at derbys when he's not playing. No doubt him and hendo will make an appearance on Wednesday.

If Hendo hadn't used that ticket then Humphries' relative would have as he got his tickets. So no hibs missed getting that ticket!

Thecat23
17-02-2017, 07:20 AM

Jeezo, I'll break it down for you. They were comp tickets put aside as always for players/former players to use. They would never be in the sale so no hibs fan would have got that ticket!

Very simple and I hope him and Leigh attend on wed as well.

SaulGoodman
17-02-2017, 07:34 AM

You mean there's going to be two tickets going to Celtic players instead of Hibs fans?

PETRIE

marinello59
17-02-2017, 07:34 AM
Jeezo, I'll break it down for you. They were comp tickets put aside as always for players/former players to use. They would never be in the sale so no hibs fan would have got that ticket!

I've spoken to several people who met LH at the game and it only made the day even more special for them. Even this cynical old grump got a lift after hearing he was sat amongst us. If he can't get a ticket next time he will be welcome to have mine. :thumbsup:

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-02-2017, 07:40 AM
How big a hole you wanting to dig? Seriously away lie down in a dark room before you post anymore.
Go easy on him. Clearly he suffers from a short memory

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

marinello59
17-02-2017, 07:48 AM
You mean there's going to be two tickets going to Celtic players instead of Hibs fans?

PETRIE

There would be two tickets going to Celtic players who are also Hibs fans.

oldbutdim
17-02-2017, 08:40 AM

I got two tickets via a Hibs player - he said he had to pay for them, and he got to keep the change from £60.00

And you're telling me he got them free.

The *******.

17-02-2017, 09:17 AM

PETRIE
Griffiths has been a hibs fan all his life... celtic player or not he is a lifelong fan

J-C
17-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Griffiths has been a hibs fan all his life... celtic player or not he is a lifelong fan

But you're still ignoring the fact that TC23 said the ticket was complimentary and wouldn't go any Hibs supporter, so you try to justify your previous post by saying Griffiths is a Hibs fan as well as being a Celtic player.

17-02-2017, 09:31 AM
But you're still ignoring the fact that TC23 said the ticket was complimentary and wouldn't go any Hibs supporter, so you try to justify your previous post by saying Griffiths is a Hibs fan as well as being a Celtic player.
What the **** are you on about where did anyone say it was complimentary? I never seen that bit. Dont assume i am ignoring it when Ive not ****ing seen it. And Griff is a life long Hibs fan doesnt matter what im trying to justify its the truth.

BoomtownHibees
17-02-2017, 09:35 AM
What the **** are you on about where did anyone say it was complimentary? I never seen that bit. Dont assume i am ignoring it when Ive not ****ing seen it. And Griff is a life long Hibs fan doesnt matter what im trying to justify its the truth.

Look about 7 posts up where your post was replied to

J-C
17-02-2017, 09:37 AM

Post #124 six above yours

17-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Look about 7 posts up where your post was replied to
I have seen it now. I didnt go out my way to read as i have better things to be doing. I wrote my comment at 4 in the bloody morning. Ffs. You still assumed I ignored it telling me to look at previous posts doesnt change that.

BoomtownHibees
17-02-2017, 09:44 AM
I have seen it now. I didnt go out my way to read as i have better things to be doing. I wrote my comment at 4 in the bloody morning. Ffs. You still assumed I ignored it telling me to look at previous posts doesnt change that.

I never assumed anything about you. Was just pointing out a comment you said you had missed

J-C
17-02-2017, 09:45 AM

1st post 1.14am Having a go at Henderson for taking a ticket that a Hibs fan should've had.

2nd post 10.17am mentioning Griffiths being a Hibs fan and Celtic player, hence justifying his ticket.

TC23 post at 8.20 explaining where the ticket came from.

17-02-2017, 09:45 AM
I never assumed anything about you. Was just pointing out a comment you said you had missed
Other poster my mistake sorry

17-02-2017, 09:46 AM
1st post 1.14am Having a go at Henderson for taking a ticket that a Hibs fan should've had.

2nd post 10.17am mentioning Griffiths being a Hibs fan and Celtic player, hence justifying his ticket.

TC23 post at 8.20 explaining where the ticket came from.
Who the **** are you? Timing police. Are people no allowed an opinion like? I never had a go at henderson at all. I said it could have went to a life long fan.

J-C
17-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Who the **** are you? Timing police. Are people no allowed an opinion like? I never had a go at henderson at all. I said it could have went to a life long fan.

And another poster told you is was a complimentary one, I didn't get involved in the OP as there were dozens of posters giving him a hard time, then you pop up with the same mentality.

TC23 actually states on page one of this thread post #22 that it was a complimentary ticket and wouldn't have been in the general sale.

Maybe read the whole thread before posting.

oldbutdim
17-02-2017, 09:56 AM
And another poster told you is was a complimentary one, I didn't get involved in the OP as there were dozens of posters giving him a hard time, then you pop up with the same mentality.

TC23 actually states on page one of this thread post #22 that it was a complimentary ticket and wouldn't have been in the general sale.

Maybe read the whole thread before posting.

:confused:

That the Hibs players had to pay for?

Interesting use of the word complimentary.

Unless of course they got 'some' complimentary but others they had to pay for?

J-C
17-02-2017, 10:02 AM
:confused:

That the Hibs players had to pay for?

Interesting use of the word complimentary.

Unless of course they got 'some' complimentary but others they had to pay for?

There will be an allocation of tickets for family members, with some available for players to buy for friends etc, either way these tickets are not for general sale so no one misses out on not getting a ticket.

Captain Trips
17-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Rather than LH ticket I bet there were 10s if not 100s that went to that game whom probably have no real interest in it, there as guests etc. For me is anyone who couldn't go bothered LH got a ticket instead of them and have stated this or are folk being bothered on other folks behalf?

If I couldn't go and found ex players got in then I know that beyond that there will be lots of folk at that match with even less affinity with the club probably either club. As stated there are tickets that just are not for sale anyways and are comps LH is likely to have been given one by a player at club.

Take a look at Cup finals there are what about 8k to 10k set aside that lots will not go to fans of either club.

LH is welcome at any match for me.

oldbutdim
17-02-2017, 10:05 AM
There will be an allocation of tickets for family members, with some available for players to buy for friends etc, either way these tickets are not for general sale so no one misses out on not getting a ticket.

Ah.

Thank goodness. I'd hate to think I'd been stiffed* by a Hibs Legend.

*In this example the word refers to being cheated/overcharged as opposed to any sort of sexual submission which I've seen others appear to offer.

J-C
17-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Ah.

Thank goodness. I'd hate to think I'd been stiffed* by a Hibs Legend.

*In this example the word refers to being cheated/overcharged as opposed to any sort of sexual submission which I've seen others appear to offer.

:aok:

Since90+2
17-02-2017, 10:40 AM
I am geniunely shocked that some people have an issue with Henderson being at the game.

The man is a legend and should be welcome in amongst the Hibs support anytime.

Since90+2
17-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Also to add Hibs first team squad players are normally given 2 tickets for matches to give to who they see fit so its likely Henderson was given the ticket by McGeough or McGinn who he is good friends with.

SRHibs
17-02-2017, 10:52 AM

What are you getting so worked up about? No-one is having a go at you, just pointing it out that you're wrong.

Henderson is a huge part of the reason the tickets are so in demand in the first place. 100% deserves one.

17-02-2017, 10:53 AM
What are you getting so worked up about? No-one is having a go at you, just pointing it out that you're wrong.

Henderson is a huge part of the reason the tickets are so in demand in the first place. 100% deserves one.
Still entitled to my own personal opinion as is everyone else.

SRHibs
17-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Still entitled to my own personal opinion as is everyone else.

It's not about your opinion being 'wrong' it's about how you convey said opinion.

matty_f
17-02-2017, 11:50 AM
During the long, long wait for the Scottish Cup, the amount of things we'd do for the players that would eventually lift the cup (they'll never have to buy a beer in Leith again, they can ride the wife, they'll always be legends) was incredible.

Win it and now someone grudges them a ticket. Fickle?

pennyhibee
17-02-2017, 01:10 PM
GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES

WE ARE THE HIBEE B(H)OYS
AND WHY DO YOU THINK LIAM WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THIS MATCH :agree:

SRHibs
17-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Are we **** the Hibee bhoys.

Salt N Sauzee
17-02-2017, 01:26 PM
I love this website sometimes.

ChooseLife
17-02-2017, 01:38 PM
WE ARE THE HIBEE B(H)OYS

Easy now :sick:

pennyhibee
17-02-2017, 01:49 PM
It's what the song says and maybe where the question of the hibs being once known as such originates from for some supporters was what I was trying to illustrate .I've been hearing it played at Easter Road since I first attended in 1962.I don't know the exact spelling of the word boy ,and don't really care 'just always loved the song http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

J-C
17-02-2017, 02:34 PM

WE ARE THE HIBEE B(H)OYS

The original lyrics yes maybe but We Are The Hibee Boys hasn't been sung for many a year, the final line is " as the Hibs go marching on "

Thecat23
17-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Chill out, end of the day the ticket wouldn't go to a Hibs fan so let's forgot that part. As for Liam he set up 2 goals that won us the cup after 114 years. If I lost out on a ticket (if it was a proper one in the general sale) to him, I wouldn't give a flying ****. Mans a legend and will always be part of this club.

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2017, 03:01 PM

WE ARE THE HIBEE B(H)OYS

Fail Fail

pennyhibee
17-02-2017, 03:16 PM
The original lyrics yes maybe but We Are The Hibee Boys hasn't been sung for many a year, the final line is " as the Hibs go marching on "

Well that was the point I was trying to make that that is where the notion that the hibs were once called the boys came from but don't let that stand in the way of having a go at a fellow Hibee

greenflyer
17-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Here's to you Liam Henderson
Hibees love you more than you will know
Wo wo wo
What's that you say Liam Henderson
Get your head on that cross David Gray
Hey hey hey hey hey hey

J-C
17-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Well that was the point I was trying to make that that is where the notion that the hibs were once called the boys came from but don't let that stand in the way of having a go at a fellow Hibee

You didn't make your point clear enough then or I wouldn't have replied, yes we were called boys due to our Irish roots but long since gone with Celtic holding on to them strings. The old recording played at games goes back to the dark ages, probably 30s or 40s but in 50 years supporting Hibs I've never used bhoys

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Every member of the team, the subs the management and the kit man should be entitled to a free ticket to ANY game they wish to attend in the future, until the day they leave this earth. :gwa:

ColinNish
17-02-2017, 07:44 PM

WE ARE THE HIBEE B(H)OYS

Jesus wept

SaulGoodman
17-02-2017, 08:29 PM
There would be two tickets going to Celtic players who are also Hibs fans.

Was only joking jeez

southsider
18-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Every member of the team, the subs the management and the kit man should be entitled to a free ticket to ANY game they wish to attend in the future, until the day they leave this earth. :gwa:
Paul Kane runs a former players group and pretty sure they all get match tickets from Hibs.

hibs0666
18-02-2017, 09:46 AM

WE ARE THE HIBEE B(H)OYS

That doesn't rhyme awfy well. Needs a bit of work mate.

northstandhibby
18-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Wo wo wo
Hey hey hey hey hey hey

Like it!

:thumbsup:

glory glory

heretoday
18-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Wo wo wo
Hey hey hey hey hey hey
A work of genius that deserves to be sung on the Terrace.

If I might suggest "Get that ball across to David Gray"
But I'm nit picking.

It's really good.

YehButNoBut
22-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Nice tweet from Liam& response from Judy

Liam HendersonVerified account‏@liam53henderson 37m37 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/liam53henderson/status/834528800570380289) My 2 boys @Jasoncummings35 (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35) & @jmcginn7 (https://twitter.com/jmcginn7) unreal. I'm like a proud mum

judy murrayVerified account‏@JudyMurray 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JudyMurray/status/834536948563922944) @liam53henderson (https://twitter.com/liam53henderson) @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) @Jasoncummings35 (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35) me too x

YehButNoBut
22-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Scott Brown stops a Hibee getting a seat :greengrin

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/2/22/5345cb1f-8a00-4eef-baa8-1f74a9197254.jpg