PDA

View Full Version : Forster

J-C
12-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Why was he taken off, I didn't see what was wrong with him.

I thought he was having a cracking game alongside McGregor, then suddenly Fontaine was on and Jordon off but I didn't see why he was off, I hope it's not one to keep him sidelined.

oconnors_strip
12-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Why was he taken off, I didn't see what was wrong with him.

I thought he was having a cracking game alongside McGregor, then suddenly Fontaine was on and Jordon off but I didn't see why he was off, I hope it's not one to keep him sidelined.

He tweaked his hamstring after stretching to kick the ball, he knew straight away he had done something and signalled to the bench. Was walking ok at full time so hopefully nothing major

J-C
12-02-2017, 04:50 PM
He tweaked his hamstring after stretching to kick the ball, he knew straight away he had done something and signalled to the bench. Was walking ok at full time so hopefully nothing major

Ta, I was watching on my laptop and must've looked away for a few moments and missed that, next thing I see is Fontaine lining up at a corner. :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Shame he got inured thought he played well.

Slim Shady
12-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Delighted to see him start and thought he was doing very well. Gutted to see him go off.

JackLadd
12-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Seems to be unlucky with knocks. Was doing very well I thought.

wookie70
12-02-2017, 06:38 PM
He is very injury prone unfortunately. For a player who has hardly had a snip I thought he did brilliantly today. Tough tackling, physical and a wee bit pace. Lennon said it was a hamstring so unless it is just a wee strain then we won't see Jordon for a wee while. Thought Fonts did well when he came on too.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Ta, I was watching on my laptop and must've looked away for a few moments and missed that, next thing I see is Fontaine lining up at a corner. :greengrin

:music: Are you Cathro in disguise? :music:

:greengrin

confused
12-02-2017, 07:21 PM
I thought he had given his hamstring a wee tweak earlier , but he played on until the second time , then obviously thought enough is enough ,

tamig
12-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Thought Jordon was having a great game until he got iñjured making that block. In saying that Fonts came on and did a sterling job when replacing him.

J-C
12-02-2017, 08:41 PM

Haha I only get BT where I live so watch SKY via dodgy stream on my lappy. :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-02-2017, 09:00 PM

:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2017, 09:23 PM
You know its bloody tragic ...... this lad gives 100% every time he gets on the park and is clearly a good player, but its injury after injury and its killing his career ........... I wish to hell somebody would find a way to fix him so that he could stay injury free for a year. He played very well today.

Forthview
12-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Totally agree, an excellent footballer that could do with catching a break. :flag:

Enough said
12-02-2017, 09:31 PM
You know its bloody tragic ...... this lad gives 100% every time he gets on the park and is clearly a good player, but its injury after injury and its killing his career ........... I wish to hell somebody would find a way to fix him so that he could stay injury free for a year. He played very well today.

Absolutely spot on mate

Onion
13-02-2017, 06:56 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-jordon-forster-facing-up-to-six-weeks-out-1-4365689

Down to 2 CDs.

Ronniekirk
13-02-2017, 07:06 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-jordon-forster-facing-up-to-six-weeks-out-1-4365689

Down to 2 CDs.

Their was talk of brining in cover for Hanlon but that didnt happen so with Foster out for at least a few weeks we cant rush Paul back
Just need to Hope McGregor and Fontaine can get through the Raith game unscathed ,and have them and Hanlon for the Derby
Gutted for Foster ,as he has been patient and bided his time, and was doing well in the Derby

CRAZYHIBBY
13-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Rumours of a Defencive crisis :greengrin

Big L
13-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Gary Parker saying he's hoping Paul Hanlon will be back for the Raith game.

Smartie
13-02-2017, 10:56 PM
If Hanlon isn't available and we lose one more, what happens?

Bartley or Gray to CB?

Do we have any development players nearly ready or are they all out on loan?

Babyshamble
13-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Ma boy reckons his injuries are down to his obsession with fitness.hes never out the gym.hes pure muscle.slight knock & he's out for ages.hes got a point I reckon.

Jones28
14-02-2017, 06:55 AM
If Hanlon isn't available and we lose one more, what happens?

Bartley or Gray to CB?

Do we have any development players nearly ready or are they all out on loan?

I hope we are in a position to bring a centre back through from the development squad. That's how Forster came through IIRC and if it wasn't for injuries he would be a first pick for us by now.

JimBHibees
14-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Does leave us a bit short and hope we don't rush Paul back. Limits options of playing 3 at the back. Looking further ahead fair chance if we win replay Darren might be out the next round as probably short odds he will pick another yellow. Hopefully there is an option from the development squad as centre halfs round about this time of year tend to pick up suspensions for yellows.

JimBHibees
14-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Ma boy reckons his injuries are down to his obsession with fitness.hes never out the gym.hes pure muscle.slight knock & he's out for ages.hes got a point I reckon.

I am assuming he would be running his fitness regime past the fitness people at the club to get their ok.

J-C
14-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Unfortunately Forster hasn't had a lot of game time this past few months, very few Dev games nowadays and has been on the bench for nearly all season, playing actual games and training is a different beast, the hard knocks and sharp twists and turns aren't replicated in a training scenario, I also think this is the same with McGeouch, never gets enough actual proper game time under his belt.

Another reason to bring back the reserve league so as players not playing during the week get a game to keep fitness and sharpness up.

superfurryhibby
14-02-2017, 10:50 AM

Not looking that good for Forster.

jacomo
14-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Emergency loan time!

I'm sure our lesser green cousins could spare us Kolo Toure for a few weeks.

Renfrew_Hibby
14-02-2017, 12:18 PM

Think your boy is on to something. Remember Danny Murphy on talksport saying that this fad for bulking up and being gym bunnies isn't good for footballers. When he bulked up at the gym he became slower and found even turning to be problematic. When he gave up on the extra gym work and got back to more ball work and his body tonned down, his game improved no end.

FC Leige
14-02-2017, 12:23 PM
He tweaked his hamstring after stretching to kick the ball, he knew straight away he had done something and signalled to the bench. Was walking ok at full time so hopefully nothing major On the telly you could see him having verbals with the Merricks as he was talking around the pitch.