PDA

View Full Version : Fake tickets

BullsCloseHibs
12-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Locked out of Tynecastle

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/574918/more-ticket-chaos-at-tynecastle-as-hibs-fans-with-valid-match-tickets-are-locked-out-of-the-roseburn-stand/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-vf-gb

greenlex
12-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Is it actually fake tickets or a problem with the turnstiles? Same happened the other week. Police being told it was full. Was it? Folk eventually got in.

Keith_M
12-02-2017, 04:41 PM
As this has now happened twice in a few weeks, I don't believe the 'fake tickets' reason.

I think the truth is that Hearts couldn't organize a Pea Soup in a Brewery.

High-On-Hibs
12-02-2017, 04:43 PM
They just don't like seeing us sell out our allocations.

oconnors_strip
12-02-2017, 04:44 PM
According to a policeman I spoke to after the game the fans were eventually let in, he said hearts and security making mistakes again

Baldy Foghorn
12-02-2017, 04:45 PM
No hologram on tickets, cheapskate shower

GreenCastle
12-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Printing the wrong day of the game on tickets again?

Their club is a shambles.

Billy Whizz
12-02-2017, 04:50 PM
According to a policeman I spoke to after the game the fans were eventually let in, he said hearts and security making mistakes again

5 fans in my row, including 2 kids only got on at 3.20, although they had been at the gate 15 mi a before ko. They were told they were being held for safety reasons. They are away season ticket holders, so I hope the club take this up for them

oconnors_strip
12-02-2017, 04:53 PM
5 fans in my row, including 2 kids only got on at 3.20, although they had been at the gate 15 mi a before ko. They were told they were being held for safety reasons. They are away season ticket holders, so I hope the club take this up for them

If they were there at 3.20 they would have missed the whole match! :greengrin

hearts security being petty no doubt

Smartie
12-02-2017, 07:12 PM
It was a shambles.

I actually felt a bit sorry for the police as they had to placate the people like myself who were locked out with genuine tickets. The police were in short supply and they were under instructions of the Hearts security staff.

It looked for a long time like we weren't going to get in but then they relented and let us in 10 at a time. I got in about 25 minutes into the game. I was cutting it fine in terms of making kick-off, but with normal derby at Tynecastle crowds I'd have expected to get in just about when the game kicked off.

When I eventually got in I managed to go straight to my seat, which was empty.

The police were telling us we'd be due a refund if they couldn't get us in. I wonder if we'll be due a refund of a quarter of our tickets for missing a quarter of the game through no fault of our own?

Hearts really need to get their act together. I don't see why they couldn't let us in, and if there were 2 people with identical tickets for the same seat hoof out the one that has the fake ticket? There must be ways of telling who has the fake?

I wouldn't have liked to have been around that area when there were pissed off huns not being allowed in, that's for sure.

hfc rd
12-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Hearts really are an absolute shambles of a club

iwasthere1972
12-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Is there any news of the same happening in the home stands or is it just the away fans that had problems with their tickets?

ben johnson
12-02-2017, 07:56 PM
I mentioned in the pub that I wanted up early to the ground to get in as i reckoned they would pull the old fake ticket nonsense today. No surprise it happened but if they are so easy to fake why no problems at the home end. Usual non welcome from our neighbours. No such problems at the replay in a stadium fit for purpose and also a playing surface fit for football. Big team ? Aye right.

Famous Fiver
12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Seat I was sitting in was between 14 and 16 in the row I was in. My ticket said seat 15. The number on the seat was 2.

What's that all about?

lapsedhibee
12-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Seat I was sitting in was between 14 and 16 in the row I was in. My ticket said seat 15. The number on the seat was 2.

What's that all about?
Yamathematics.

SuperAllyMcleod
12-02-2017, 08:35 PM
The tickets they provide are an embarrassment to them. Not only do they look like they could be easily copied, they just look cheap and nasty.

According to my ticket, today's game was 'Hearts v Hibs' - not 'Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian' - I can only assume that their ink cartridges are running low and they were trying to cut down on the number of letters they were printing.

Amateurs!

BullsCloseHibs
12-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Hearts should be held to book for this, if the above is true. Absolutely shocking.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 06:35 AM
In the future on the day ticket collections for matches like this must be an option. Man U do that for some away games in the EPL and Man City most certainly do this for champs league away games. Would also stop this getting blootered at 8 in the morning and causing carnage nonsense.

Onion
13-02-2017, 06:56 AM
Hearts should be held to book for this, if the above is true. Absolutely shocking.

Police will be the ones to force Hearts hand on this. Had there been a few goals while legitimate ticket holders were still outside, there could have been some trouble..

Also think Budge should be calling LD with an apology as it was clearly Hearts fault !!

lyonhibs
13-02-2017, 08:09 AM
What are we saying? That Hearts printed too many tickets?

Or that the tickets they provided were cheap, nasty and easy to forge? Whilst everything to do with that shower is cheap and nasty, it's hardly their fault if chancers forge tickets and stuff up the system.

ColinNish
13-02-2017, 08:28 AM
What are we saying? That Hearts printed too many tickets?

Or that the tickets they provided were cheap, nasty and easy to forge? Whilst everything to do with that shower is cheap and nasty, it's hardly their fault if chancers forge tickets and stuff up the system.

I think hearts needs to be looking at their ticket office coz someone is obviously at it.

BroxburnHibee
13-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Sounds like the perfect example of what our 'fans reps' should be all over.

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Sounds like the perfect example of what our 'fans reps' should be all over.

Absolutely though the club shouldn't need anyone to instigate a proper explanation and IMO part refund if people can be identified. Given this also appeared to happen at recent Rangers game sounds like a Hearts issue. Adding on the shambles of the wrong date at the Bonnyrigg game then looks like Hearts need to get it sorted pronto.

BroxburnHibee
13-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Absolutely though the club shouldn't need anyone to instigate a proper explanation and IMO part refund if people can be identified. Given this also appeared to happen at recent Rangers game sounds like a Hearts issue. Adding on the shambles of the wrong date at the Bonnyrigg game then like Herats need to get it sorted pronto.

Shouldn't need to but this is the yams we're talking about. Get the pressure on and get some questions answered.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 08:40 AM
I think hearts needs to be looking at their ticket office coz someone is obviously at it.

How's someone in the hearts ticket office at it?

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Quality of printing not good enough or the equipment at the gates don't work. Obviously a problem somewhere that needs sorted pronto as happened v Rangers also. Whoever printed the wrong date at the recent Hibs game needs sacked IMO.

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Shouldn't need to but this is the yams we're talking about. Get the pressure on and get some questions answered.

Absolutely and we should highlight it in the press which they would undoubtedly do if roles reversed.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2017, 08:46 AM

Not sure at it, but possibly printing 2 tickets for the same seat. Need to be checking and double checking before releasing them to away fans.
It's happened to tickets that I've bought for friends at Tynie over the years, and they've been refused entry, as they claim the ticket had already beeen used, yet the seat was empty

greenlex
13-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Was there any issues with two fans having the same seat? The only comment I see is someone being kept outside whilst there seat was empty. This would indicate a counting problem at the turnstile rather than a forgery issue.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Not sure at it, but possibly printing 2 tickets for the same seat. Need to be checking and double checking before releasing them to away fans.
It's happened to tickets that I've bought for friends at Tynie over the years, and they've been refused entry, as they claim the ticket had already beeen used, yet the seat was empty

The all the money taken wouldn't add up for the number of tickets sold if there was extras?

marinello59
13-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Was there any issues with two fans having the same seat? The only comment I see is someone being kept outside whilst there seat was empty. This would indicate a counting problem at the turnstile rather than a forgery issue.

That is exactly what it looks like.

itslegaltender
13-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Judging by the excellent vids of our fans inside Swynie behind the Roseburn, this was probably the reason why the Police held some fans back from going through the Turnstyle, stairs look jammed. ***** stadium not coping.

Carheenlea
13-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Tynecastle really is a shambles for a supposed modern stadium. I was in early, but you could see the bottlenecks at the turnstiles as more fans arrived.

As for the toilet facilities, they would be a disgrace for a non league team, let alone a self proclaimed 'Big Club'. The floors were swimming and a health hazard.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Tynecastle really is a shambles for a supposed modern stadium. I was in early, but you could see the bottlenecks at the turnstiles as more fans arrived.

http://i66.tinypic.com/16apo9e.jpg

As for the toilet facilities, they would be a disgrace for a non league team, let alone a self proclaimed 'Big Club'. The floors were swimming and a health hazard.

should that not be 'Tynepic' :greengrin

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

I spoke with a couple of girls who had the same issue. Security apparently were letting so many in at a time and these girls had missed the first 15mins of the game.

I am sure the club will be aware of this but will certainly bring it up at tonight's Working Together Meeting

Cheers

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Thing is you can't help when fans will turn up at the turnstiles. Most fans will arrive 15 minutes or less before kick off so they should have expected a late rush.

BH Hibs
13-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

I spoke with a couple of girls who had the same issue. Security apparently were letting so many in at a time and these girls had missed the first 15mins of the game.

I am sure the club will be aware of this but will certainly bring it up at tonight's Working Together Meeting

Cheers

Tracey

Hi Tracey.

Just to confirm exactly what happened, there was a police cordon preventing us from entering the gate before the turnstiles. The reason given was the ground was full to capacity however one of the guys with us phoned his friend who was already in the ground who confirmed his seat was vacant. Eventually about fifteen minutes into the game a steward appeared and said he would start letting us in ten at a time which they did through ONE turnstile. When I got in my seat was vacant as was the seat next to me so the fake ticket excuse does not hold water. The only explanation given was Hearts had made a mistake so no explanation really. I just wanted to stress again this was not because people had forged tickets.

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Hi Tracey.

Just to confirm exactly what happened, there was a police cordon preventing us from entering the gate before the turnstiles. The reason given was the ground was full to capacity however one of the guys with us phoned his friend who was already in the ground who confirmed his seat was vacant. Eventually about fifteen minutes into the game a steward appeared and said he would start letting us in ten at a time which they did through ONE turnstile. When I got in my seat was vacant as was the seat next to me so the fake ticket excuse does not hold water. The only explanation given was Hearts had made a mistake so no explanation really. I just wanted to stress again this was not because people had forged tickets.

Thank you for the update. Had heard the same. We must have just got in prior to all this happening.

Stantons Angel
13-02-2017, 10:29 AM
It strikes me with this happening twice in a matter of weeks the issue may be with the Hearts computer system.

They usually have half the stand populated by their own fans and for big games give the whole stand to the away support. It may be that when clearing their computer system to account for those season ticket holders being moved from that area the operators/system is not recognising the change?

Or the equipment they are using at the turnstiles has taken account of the season tickets issued on ordinary match days and the stand becomes full when its not?

Its just a thought but clearly something is wrong as this has happened at two games now where the whole stand is given to away support?

BH Hibs
13-02-2017, 10:34 AM
It strikes me with this happening twice in a matter of weeks the issue may be with the Hearts computer system.

They usually have half the stand populated by their own fans and for big games give the whole stand to the away support. It may be that when clearing their computer system to account for those season ticket holders being moved from that area the operators/system is not recognising the change?

Or the equipment they are using at the turnstiles has taken account of the season tickets issued on ordinary match days and the stand becomes full when its not?

Its just a thought but clearly something is wrong as this has happened at two games now where the whole stand is given to away support?

I had thought that and was going to post that but pretty sure Sevco weren't given the whole stand.

Mr White
13-02-2017, 10:56 AM
I had thought that and was going to post that but pretty sure Sevco weren't given the whole stand.

You're right they weren't. The roseburn was definitely split in that game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2017, 11:00 AM
The title of the thread is a bit of a let down when compared to Fake Taxi! :-)

emerald green
13-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Some things never change at Tynecastle. I remember getting caught up in bad crushing outside Tynecastle before kick off many years ago.

It was a shambles then, and it's a shambles now.

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Hi All,

Just a quick update re Entry to the stadium yesterday.

The club are on the case with this and both clubs are in discussion to see what happened. It was a Health and Safety matter. Some fans were told to wait whilst some were told by steward to leave. The club are working through the processes in terms of refunds etc...

I am sure the club will inform all those affected as soon as they have the answers.

Thanks

Tracey

greenlex
13-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Anyone who didnt get in and still have their ticket intact should contact the club.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?318732-Official-Site-SUPPORTER-ACCESS-AT-TYNECASTLE-ON-SUNDAY&p=4942734#post4942734

Carheenlea
13-02-2017, 03:58 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7278

Smartie
13-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Is there any comeback for those of us who were kept outside for 20 minutes + but still got in?

£28 a ticket is steep for a club to take the cash only to leave you locked out for more than a quarter of the game because they can't organise what all other clubs have managed to organise fine for decades.

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Is there any comeback for those of us who were kept outside for 20 minutes + but still got in?

£28 a ticket is steep for a club to take the cash only to leave you locked out for more than a quarter of the game because they can't organise what all other clubs have managed to organise fine for decades.

Hi there,

I will ask the question tonight at the meeting.

It's a long time to be waiting outside and missing the game

Thanks

Tracey

Arch Stanton
13-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Thing is, if it was suspected that fake tickets could be in circulation then their actions would make sense since overcrowding would indeed result from that. Being cautious seems reasonable when you look at it that way.

If there isn't a computer check of bar codes (or as someone said, not a hologram protection on the tickets) then they really have no other option.

Slim Shady
13-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Spoke to a cop friend who was working at the game. He told me to get a move on as there was lots of fake tickets and they would start refusing entry as soon as stand had reached capacity. I thought he was at it until I reached the cordon. This was then confirmed by the sergeant who was in charge of the cordon. Says he was also working the rangers game where the same happened also the Celtic game where fans were using copy tickets from last season to get In.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Spoke to a cop friend who was working at the game. He told me to get a move on as there was lots of fake tickets and they would start refusing entry as soon as stand had reached capacity. I thought he was at it until I reached the cordon. This was then confirmed by the sergeant who was in charge of the cordon. Says he was also working the rangers game where the same happened also the Celtic game where fans were using copy tickets from last season to get In.

I don't believe there was fake tickets, I believe it was Hearts stewarding that was incapable of handling the large crowd in the roseburn as they are not used to it. Safety officer has to be held accountable here.

Hibby70
13-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Surely the scanners would have picked up that a bar code had already been used. Not heard of anyone being refused entry at the turnstile due to this.

This is down to ineptitude of Tynecastle security.

O'Rourke3
13-02-2017, 11:00 PM
There's a few assumptions this thread..... Hearts computer, scanner, barcode. They have a 1910s stand, a 1970s hospitality suite - complete with mobile calor gas fire, turnstiles from the 30s and ticketing from the 80s. Heart of Midlothian, living their history.