PDA

View Full Version : Nod to the officials

Alfiembra
12-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Usually much maligned more often than not deservedly so.
But today have to give some credit to the way Willie Collum handled the match, think he used a lot of restraint and kept the yellow cards in the pocket. Gave the players every chance to try and play on absolute cowp of a pitch. Plenty of other refs would have dished out double figures today.

Paloschi
12-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Wasn't his worst game but there was no huge calls. For me I still can't believe Djoum wasn't booked. He made 4 fouls after coming on. Hertz committed 20 fouls but only 1 yellow was given!!

ACLeith
12-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Wasn't his worst game but there was no huge calls. For me I still can't believe Djoum wasn't booked. He made 4 fouls after coming on. Hertz committed 20 fouls but only 1 yellow was given!!

Agreed. And Cowie

lucky
12-02-2017, 02:24 PM
The ref was fine but if McGinn get booked for persistent fouling it must be the same for several yams

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Yellow cards came out quick enough for the Hibs players.

And it should have been a red for Goncalves at the end so no that great a performance fi wee Wullie

pedroorange1875
12-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Completely disagree.. Absolutely woeful performance.. Again hearts have hundreds of fouls and 1 yellow card in the last minute which looked like a red... Missed a handball for a pen as usual... And generally allowed then to smash us up with impunity.. Also the far away linesman was shocking

hibee_girl
12-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Yellow cards came out quick enough for the Hibs players.

And it should have been a red for Goncalves at the end so no that great a performance fi wee Wullie

:agree: absolutely

lyonhibs
12-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Wee prick. Nothing toooooo horrendous, but his whole attitude was summed up in the first half when, after a wee scuffle, Holt and Goncalves were shaking hands but this wee gremlin kept chirping away trying to "assert his authority" when there was no need for anything of the sort.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Goncalves should have been off the park. Disgrace of a tackle.

They have the cheek to moan about us being physical.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2017, 02:35 PM
He let the game flow and kept the cards in his pocket as long as he could.Good reffing today

J-C
12-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Collum again so inconsistent, dozens of fouls by them and 1 yellow near the end, also Goncalves should've been a red.

High-On-Hibs
12-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Thought Gollum was pish tbh. 20 assaults from this lot and one yellow card at the end of the game. A few high stud challenges from this lot and he books McGinn just because he feels like it. Absolute clown.

greenlex
12-02-2017, 02:43 PM
The ref was fine but if McGinn get booked for persistent fouling it must be the same for several yams

I'm sure he was booked for blocking a run rather than persistent fouling.

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm sure he was booked for blocking a run rather than persistent fouling.

He done the old favourite of pointing all over the pitch, indicating it was for persistent fouling

oldbutdim
12-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Gollum warned Hibs players for innocuous challenges yet not a word to Hawrts thugs for far worse.
Red card should have followed that assault near the end.

Poor refereeing.

PeterboroHibee
12-02-2017, 02:45 PM
I think he was inconsistent with what constituted a booking, but he did let the game flow well.

Callyballybe
12-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Yeah, have to say thought the ref was good today. Should've been a sending off at the end, but on the whole, let a tough game flow well.

calumhibee1
12-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Not the worst refereeing performance but Goncalves should have been sent off for his horror tackle on Gray and how they managed to escape some bookings I'll never know.

greenlex
12-02-2017, 02:49 PM
He done the old favourite of pointing all over the pitch, indicating it was for persistent fouling

He must have got him and Marv mixed up.😂😂

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2017, 02:58 PM
He must have got him and Marv mixed up.😂😂

Can see how he would 😂

OxoHibby
12-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Thought collum was good on the whole. Agree about djoum tho. Every challenge by him was a foul

speedy_gonzales
12-02-2017, 03:12 PM
I think Fyvie was trying to stress that point to Collum but all Fraser got was "I'm the ref, not you!".

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Was a decent showing by the ref today IMO. In terms of two sides getting stuck into each other and holding nothing back,that was as close the derby games that I remember since Hearts came back up to top flight in the eighties. By that I mean some real physical stuff but both teams stay at eleven men.

Bishop Hibee
12-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Collum did fine until he bottled sending off Goncalves for going through the back of Gray at the end. Awful challenge.

Eyrie
12-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Taking off my green tinted specs, I thought Collum had a decent game.

A borderline red at the end, but that yellow was consistent with how he had refereed the rest of the game, willing to let challenges be made and give fouls when appropriate rather than blowing at every opportunity and handing out yellows like confetti which would have got players sent off.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Gollum warned Hibs players for innocuous challenges yet not a word to Hawrts thugs for far worse.
Red card should have followed that assault near the end.

Poor refereeing.

Agreed. It was the Willie Collum show. Wish I had a quid for every time he blew his whistle, I'd be minted

Pete
12-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Collum did fine until he bottled sending off Goncalves for going through the back of Gray at the end. Awful challenge.

To be fair, Gray was putting it about a bit long before that and could have been shown yellow on another day.

The tone was set early though and it was a good old fashioned cup tie with no quarter asked nor given. There was also a lot of "clever" winning of fouls by both sets of players.

hfc rd
12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Goncalves should have been red carded. Horrendous lunging tackle from behind on Sir David

Onceinawhile
12-02-2017, 05:57 PM
20 fouls to 13.

Guess which side got the most bookings and the only booking for persistent fouling?
Mental.

matty_f
12-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Generally decent showing from the ref, he didn't get much wing other than keeping the yellow card in longer than he should for the home side, and the boy should have been sent off at the end.

Nothing that had a significant impact on the game though, and much better than some of the jokers we've had to put up with over there last couple of years.

hfc rd
12-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Is he going to be the referee for the replay?

Argylehibby
12-02-2017, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;4941757]Generally decent showing from the ref, he didn't get much wing other than keeping the yellow card in longer than he should for the home side, and the boy should have been sent off at the end.

Nothing that had a significant impact on the game though, and much better than some of the jokers we've had to put up with over there last couple of years.[/QUOTES]

May have a significant impact on the reply though if the guy that should have been sent off contributes in the replay.

Deansy
12-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Wonder if the compliance-guy will be contacting Hearts/Gonclaves tomorrow seeing as his assault was highlighted on Sportscene ?

staunchhibby
12-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Yep he should take a look at that horrendous tackle by Concalves.He had no intention of playing the ball

houstonhibbee
12-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Completely disagree.. Absolutely woeful performance.. Again hearts have hundreds of fouls and 1 yellow card in the last minute which looked like a red... Missed a handball for a pen as usual... And generally allowed then to smash us up with impunity.. Also the far away linesman was shocking
if that was woeful dread to think what you made of some other refereeing performances we've had to suffer. I agree with OP