PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV Commentary

The Tubs
12-02-2017, 01:48 PM
For those watching on Hibs TV

After him getting a bit of stick - and I'm not the laddie's ma or pal by the way - I thought John did an excellent job stepping in to replace Cliff's dulcet tones today.

Though I thought Thomson, despite doing a good job on the co-commentary, was a bit wide calling him Johnboy. I know it's Sunday, but I wasnae watching the ****ing Waltons!

houstonhibbee
12-02-2017, 01:50 PM

After him getting a bit of stick - and I'm not the laddie's ma or pal by the way - I thought John did an excellent job stepping in to replace Cliff's dulcet tones today.

Though I thought Thomson, despite doing a good job on the co-commentary, was a bit wide calling him Johnboy. I know it's Sunday, but I wasnae watching the ****ing Waltons!
He seemed to get a bit better as the game went on, but he was calling Kevin Tommo as well

Baldy Foghorn
12-02-2017, 03:25 PM
They know each other. John is great at what he does, as is Cliff:aok:

Billy Whizz
12-02-2017, 03:27 PM

What was wrong with Cliff?

houstonhibbee
12-02-2017, 05:26 PM
What was wrong with Cliff?
can't imagine he would miss this one

Off the bar
12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Looks like cliff is on holiday going by his twitter, he'll be back for the replay!

JohnStephens91
12-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Cliff is indeed on holiday. Nothing wrong, apart from being sick about missing the derby 😂

To clarify, I've known Kevin for about 5 years, so I'm used to him saying Johnboy or Johnno to me, and vice versa with Thomo. Great guy and there's a lot of mutual respect.

Thanks for the kind words on the commentary too. It was the first time doing it in a few months too. Cliff should be back next weekend 🇳🇬 GGTTH

AZhibee
13-02-2017, 12:17 AM
The commentary was great

Forza Fred
13-02-2017, 03:43 AM
Commentary was fine..but would have been better describing a goal for usZ,