PDA

View Full Version : Boyle and Humphreys

Fergus52
12-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Get them in for the replay, work the ball outwide quickly like we did against Dundee Utd and stretch hearts full backs who didn't look that great defensively.

The way we played today was perfect for the small *****y pitch at tynie; condensing the midfield, aggressively pressing to not let them play football and bullying them using Bartley and Holt's physicality. But I don't think it will work as well on the big, actually playable pitch at Easter Road where all the players will have more time on the ball.

houstonhibbee
12-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Get them in for the replay, work the ball outwide quickly like we did against Dundee Utd and stretch hearts full backs who didn't look that great defensively.

The way we played today was perfect for the small *****y pitch at tynie; condensing the midfield, aggressively pressing to not let them play football and bullying them using Bartley and Holt's physicality. But I don't think it will work as well on the big, actually playable pitch at Easter Road where all the players will have more time on the ball.
In theory yes but didn't work against Ayr Utd mainly because Humphry wasn't interested.

Would bring in Boyle and McGeough

Salisbury Hibby
12-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Show Humphrey videos of Liam Henderson and tell him that's what we expect.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
12-02-2017, 01:48 PM
I'd maybe bring McGeouch in for Keatings, if anything. That midfield today was solid.

liscious_hibs
12-02-2017, 06:17 PM
I don't want humphrey anywhere near the replay. It's to important a game for him to hide and just pass back to SDG

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
12-02-2017, 06:31 PM
I would have liked to have seen Boyle get the last ten minutes for Keatings. Their defence was tired and his pace would have scared the crap out of them.

JackLadd
12-02-2017, 06:35 PM
We've got a stronger bench than them even with their spay n' pray signings.

Gogs07
12-02-2017, 06:46 PM
I would have liked to have seen Boyle get the last ten minutes for Keatings. Their defence was tired and his pace would have scared the crap out of them.
Agree with this.:agree:

Boyle on for the last 10-15 mins, would have stretched them and created a winner!

Bring on the replay, with the same result please or a 3-0 would be better!!:greengrin

hibsboy69
12-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Spot on - I said exactly this at the game :top marks

Billychaotic182
12-02-2017, 07:01 PM
One bad game against Ayr and now people have completely written off Humphreys?

hfc rd
12-02-2017, 07:34 PM

This.

Brooster
12-02-2017, 07:36 PM

He wasnt intetested against Ayr and less so against Sevco 20s. Lennon has sussed this very quickly.

Biggie
12-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Unfortunately not mate...apart from 15 minutes on his debut, he's been horrific.....even against the junior team (I get it he scored) he wasn't great, in fact he hardly took the full back on.
The derby is a game we need all hands to the pump, no passengers and he's not shown much desire...IMHO of course.

Hibee Mac
12-02-2017, 09:26 PM

It's not so much the bad performance it's the complete lack of desire/effort that he showed during that game.

You can't risk that kind of performance in a derby.

Nicho87
12-02-2017, 09:30 PM
I would have brought on boyle for holt today. Hughes was their for the taking.

Shrekko
12-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Bar his great moment v United he's not looked interested in being a winger. His pace has gone and I'm not sure he has anything else in the locker. He was a man short v Ayr- it's been said already but how on earth can you risk that in a big game like this?

kevinc
12-02-2017, 10:21 PM

Who would you drop to accommodate them?

Heisenberg
12-02-2017, 10:23 PM
I don't know why but this really annoys me. It's just Humphrey! No "s" at the end.

But aye, he needs to step it up if he wants a game. Same with Shinnie/Boyle.

Lancs Harp
12-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Who would you drop to accommodate them?

Marciano, I'd go fly goalie for the replay, we are Hibs we rule supreme.

:flag:

Eaststandee
12-02-2017, 10:47 PM
I expected to see Humphrey come on, he warmed up for practically the full 90.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

RStar16
12-02-2017, 10:57 PM
I wanted boyle on too (or humph although I have yet to see him play) but realised on that pitch you are never going to get a decent run at it. Maybe wreck your ankle in the bogs too so best leave them out of it till next week.

Would change Keatings if anybody, but it turns out being a good manager on your laptop means you are actually itchy rash when doing it in real life so maybe he played his part more than I noticed today. Don't often get to ER anymore due to family but certainly going to replay canny wait. 'mon the cabbage

Mikey09
13-02-2017, 12:56 AM
Sorry, if I were Keatings I'd be raging if I lost my place. I thought he did everything asked of him.

Dunbar Hibee
13-02-2017, 04:09 AM
He wasnt intetested against Ayr and less so against Sevco 20s. Lennon has sussed this very quickly.

Why did he sign him then?...

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 06:36 AM

That's what I would have liked also. Nothing to lose doing that.

green day
13-02-2017, 06:39 AM

Hardly broke sweat V Bonnyrigg either though.

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 06:40 AM

He was poor that game however he has shown he is an asset. Not always that easy to play against a team defending in a 541 formation. Hearts game would suit him better however he certainly needs to up his performance level to consider starting would play Boyle in front of him at the moment.

Andy74
13-02-2017, 09:52 AM
He was poor that game however he has shown he is an asset. Not always that easy to play against a team defending in a 541 formation. Hearts game would suit him better however he certainly needs to up his performance level to consider starting would play Boyle in front of him at the moment.

I think against Ayr, like the rest of the team, he struggled to know what he was meant to be doing - he was started wide but there was no space, he was brought inside where he could do nothing much more than pass the ball on then he was taken off.

There's been one or two games this year we have tentatively started with wingers but the rest of the team has been set up in a way that hasn't helped this - Keating on his own up front like v Ayr, and then we have quickly changed things when it hasn't worked.

Humphrey showed on his debut he still has some quality and pace but we have to give him a run of some games in a team set up that works for him to really judge. some of the chat about him not being interested or hiding is just embarrassing.

H18 SFR
13-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I think against Ayr, like the rest of the team, he struggled to know what he was meant to be doing - he was started wide but there was no space, he was brought inside where he could do nothing much more than pass the ball on then he was taken off.

There's been one or two games this year we have tentatively started with wingers but the rest of the team has been set up in a way that hasn't helped this - Keating on his own up front like v Ayr, and then we have quickly changed things when it hasn't worked.

Humphrey showed on his debut he still has some quality and pace but we have to give him a run of some games in a team set up that works for him to really judge. some of the chat about him not being interested or hiding is just embarrassing.

I think Lennon will adopt the same tactics at ER and have Boyle and Humphries ready to change the game if needed.

JimBHibees
13-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Agree about the comments re not interested though no doubt his performance was poor that game he had opportunities to take on the left back, McGinn played a great crossfield pass to him and he was one on one but didnt try and take the guy on. Wingers tend to be very up and down but he was disappointing that game. Agree about Keatings up top v Ayr, think Lennon had the Hearts game in mind with that team unfortunately we gave away an early goal and struggled first half and only got better when Holt and Cummings came on.

Lago
13-02-2017, 11:09 AM

Daft isn't it, he was praised to the raffters following Dun Utd game, now he is mince. Unbelievable.

Brightside
13-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Im sure he will get another chance from Lennon....but he needs to show willing in his next game.

emerald green
13-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Why did he sign him then?...

Good question. Is there a reason for a couple of poor performances from the player? One that people posting on this forum may be unaware of?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. No way can a team like Hibs, trying hard to win promotion, afford to be carrying any passengers.

Spike Mandela
13-02-2017, 01:41 PM

If true I wish he had sussed it before signing him.

Not convinced by many of Lennon's signings.

weecounty hibby
13-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Aye, we know, you keep telling us!! Still peed off about sitting through a 0-0 at The Riverside??

Spike Mandela
13-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Aye, we know, you keep telling us!! Still peed off about sitting through a 0-0 at The Riverside??

At least it was better than watching that egg chasing ****.:cb

weecounty hibby
13-02-2017, 02:21 PM
At least it was better than watching that egg chasing ****.:cb
From the comfort of a warm dry rugby club with lovely cold Guinness or two!! Humphrey was brutal against Ayr though, I think Holt is fine and Graham is a decent squad player. Marciano looks like a class keeper. So Lennons signings have been ok I think. The summer will be a big one for him in preparation for the return to the top league

Spike Mandela
13-02-2017, 02:42 PM
From the comfort of a warm dry rugby club with lovely cold Guinness or two!! Humphrey was brutal against Ayr though, I think Holt is fine and Graham is a decent squad player. Marciano looks like a class keeper. So Lennons signings have been ok I think. The summer will be a big one for him in preparation for the return to the top league

"Fine", "decent squad player".....hardly glowing tributes but agree about the keeper. You forgot to mention Shinnie who has been a big disappointment for me. Early days with Humphrey.

Pity we couldn't extend Commons deal as he gave us that something a wee bit different that is so lacking in Lennon's team.

Will be interesting to see how Lennon approaches the replay, if he still goes cautious, long ball stuff. You going?

eastcoasthibby
13-02-2017, 02:47 PM
The Graham and Humphreys signings were to fill gaps plan B options in games I reckon, maybe why they aren't exactly right up at level we need, but can do a job when needed. Though Humphreys outings since utd haven't inspired confidence looks Luke doesn't want to play in a contact sport ...even in the 20's game last week he looked disinterested and avoided doing anything positive going forward ..didn't show and didn't look to take anyone on ..!!! So not keen on risking him for any real length of time in a game til see more from him ..but have seen it already NL will do it his,way as is his gift as Head Coach ..

weecounty hibby
13-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Yep! Will there be a bus going? If not might get the train up early. Old Brewery yesterday had a load of Hibs fans in. Alan's laddie was serving behind the bar, there was me and the family and there was a bunch of young laddies in that I didn't recognise, also a few older guys that I recognised but can't remember their names. (Too many head knocks from playing rugby🏉) Alloa is a hotbed of Hibbiness.

Spike Mandela
13-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Yep! Will there be a bus going? If not might get the train up early. Old Brewery yesterday had a load of Hibs fans in. Alan's laddie was serving behind the bar, there was me and the family and there was a bunch of young laddies in that I didn't recognise, also a few older guys that I recognised but can't remember their names. (Too many head knocks from playing rugby🏉) Alloa is a hotbed of Hibbiness.

Will text you about bus.

WS Hibs
13-02-2017, 04:32 PM
If true I wish he had sussed it before signing him.

Not convinced by many of Lennon's signings.

You wish he'd sussed out Humphrey, who got two assists against Dundee United in our biggest match of the season which has (seemingly) turned the league in our favour - hopefully for good?

Heisenberg
13-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Nearly everyone was delighted when Humphrey signed. I'm sure there's more to come from him.