PDA

View Full Version : What ever happens, it happened

alihibs1
12-02-2017, 07:12 AM
I know if we lose today it will be devastating. I myself will hide in a cupboard for the next couple day if we do. But what ever happens we still lifted the scottish cup on the 21st of May. Saying this i am confident. I believe in the team. I believe we will win. Mon the hibs💚💚💚 GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
12-02-2017, 07:47 AM
I'm not going to pretend that it won't hurt if we lose today, losing any derby hurts and when it doesn't it will be a sign for me to give up on football.

However usually our exit from the Scottish Cup would see me in a huff for 2 or 3 days, if it was a derby extend that. Should we lose today I have plans to meet a fouple of mates for a beer after the game and I reckon I'll be fine. Definitely down but nothing like the usual.

Anyway it's all hypothetical and here's hoping I won't find out if I'm right.

lucky
12-02-2017, 07:52 AM
I'm desperate for a victory today. Yes the 21.05.16 happened and it was amazing but as a club we must focus on going forward otherwise we end up like them

GreenLake
12-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Just watching Jason talking about his chip against Dundee. The fact that he missed it rages me. But that he tried that is why he is one bitching mutherfker. In the end he will make turd colored Walker look like a putz and wee balls clutching can't prevent everybody humping my bird look like a spanner.

Carheenlea
12-02-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm desperate for a victory today. Yes the 21.05.16 happened and it was amazing but as a club we must focus on going forward otherwise we end up like them

There's a lot of truth in that :agree:
Difference is though, we are not really like them in the way they circle everything round us. Rangers and Warburton have been given more attention in our post final celebratory songs. Hearts have barely raised a mention.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Que sera Sera
Whatever will be will be
They couldn't stop Hibstory
Que sera sera

Pedantic_Hibee
12-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Just watching Jason talking about his chip against Dundee. The fact that he missed it rages me. But that he tried that is why he is one bitching mutherfker. In the end he will make turd colored Walker look like a putz and wee balls clutching can't prevent everybody humping my bird look like a spanner.

Totes agree.

ColinNish
12-02-2017, 08:21 AM

When did we play Dundee? 🤔

seanshow
12-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Whatever happens....

As long as we are in the next round of the cup.
I want to win.
Make it 6 or 7 games unbeaten against the yams (depending if its a draw today).
And it will be over 3 years by the time we play them next season.
I want to win.
GGTTH

O'Rourke3
12-02-2017, 08:28 AM
It's a bigger game for them than us. If they lose their season is over and a 4 goal haul versus the Zombies will be forgotten. If we lose I'll be disappointed but looking forward to next Saturday. They define themselves by how they play against us. The weather, the pitch and the ref could all play a part. For the record I think it's repeat and rinse from the same stage last year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2017, 09:13 AM
If we lose I will be gutted, but at the end of the day it wont be anything we haven't already done to them .... at least we managed to defend it for a round :greengrin

I will take a decent amount of consolation from the fact that results in the league went our way this weekend ..... I don't think there's anybody connected with Hibs, be it club or supporters, who doesn't appreciate that the league is stratospherically more important than the cup this season.

Lose this game and we still have a hugely important game 6 days later to look forward to ..... keep our league momentum going and at least we will have a happy and satisfactory ending to the season to look forward to, any loss to the Yams will be long forgotten by then. If we win the Yams season will be over before the Daffodils are even oot and the meltdown over in Gorgie will be so entertaining it will probably be made into a mini series box set available on Netflix.

In short ...... I'll be as gutted as I always am if we lose any derby, but it wont take long to get over it because our season wont be defined by what happens this afternoon win lose or draw .... its as simple as that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Whatever the result, it is a side show to winning the league.

mjhibby
12-02-2017, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=O'Rourke3;4940383]It's a bigger game for them than us. If they lose their season is over and a 4 goal haul versus the Zombies will be forgotten. If we lose I'll be disappointed but looking forward to next Saturday. They define themselves by how they play against us. The weather, the pitch and the ref could all play a part. For the record I think it's repeat and rinse from the same stage last year.

Couldn't agree more. Cathy knows he is in for his toughest game and I don't think he'll do anything bar what his laptop says. Nullify walker and fouls around the box and we have a great chance. They are vulnerable at the back and Humphrey and Boyle I'm sure will be used during the game. Ill leave the tactics to the manager. We do seem to raise our game when these game comes around so expect we will do so again. It's all or nothing for them. We shall see.

Jim44
12-02-2017, 10:27 AM
There's a lot of truth in that :agree:
Difference is though, we are not really like them in the way they circle everything round us. Rangers and Warburton have been given more attention in our post final celebratory songs. Hearts have barely raised a mention.

:agree: In terms of football rivalry and banter, we are equally strong. The only difference is that their rivalry is full of bitterness, poison and desperation. Whatever happens today, by the middle of next week we will be focussed on our top priority with a meaningful season to see out successfully.

high bee
12-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Even if they win today (including a monumental comeback to match ours from last year) and go on to win the cup it won't change much for us, it will hurt for a few days then we will simply focus on league business and get on with our lives.

What we did last year was huge to them and will continue to be a source of pain, how many other clubs had a wait like us? How many of those did it by overcoming a 2 goal deficit to their local rivals with 10 mins to play? How many of those have rivals that are obsessed to the point that they're more concerned with their rivals more than anything else?

The 5-1 game has become an emergency comfort blanket for them, yes it hurt but I feel healed after last year because the nature of us beating them then going on to win it especially knowing how much importance they placed on 1902 and 5-1, when in reality they'd banged on about it so much it didn't really hold much weight anymore.

BullsCloseHibs
12-02-2017, 11:13 AM

GreenLake
12-02-2017, 11:16 AM
When did we play Dundee? 🤔

So sorry. Dundee "Utd", my mistake. Maybe you missed it. The one where he chipped a penalty over the bar. The boy is a legend, mostly good but a wee bit bad.

ColinNish
12-02-2017, 12:34 PM
So sorry. Dundee "Utd", my mistake. Maybe you missed it. The one where he chipped a penalty over the bar. The boy is a legend, mostly good but a wee bit bad.

No i never missed it, i know who we played. It's a bug bear of mine when folk cannae put a teams name up right. 👍