PDA

View Full Version : Joke Celtic v ICT

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Who in the name o' the wee man thought that this fixture was going to entertain anybody but a Celtic fan? A team who have gone unbeaten in 29 games in all competitions at home against a team with the worst defensive record in the Premiership. Half time and its been as predictably one sided as anybody apart from the BBC could have predicted it would be .... ICT have barely strung two passes together, never mind had a shot on goal.

Dunfermline v Hamilton, Ross County v Aberdeen, St Johnstone v Partick Thistle ... even Sevco v Morton from tomorrows fixtures would have been a more entertaining game to cover than this one sided borefest ...... 3 - 0 as I type.

Sad.

emerald green
11-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Lots of empty seats.

hibsbollah
11-02-2017, 12:27 PM
The biggest game of the weekend has hardly been mentioned, lots of rangers chat, discussing Morton, f all about us.

Diclonius
11-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Can't see past Celtic for the treble this season. The gulf in quality is an embarrassment.

hibsbollah
11-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Liam looks totally at home in their first team, sadly.

Betty Boop
11-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Can't see anybody beating them, embarrassing how far ahead they are. Another hattrick for Dembele.

Tom Hart RIP
11-02-2017, 12:34 PM
What a shift Liam is putting in. Always looking for the ball. This he will be in BRs plans for a long time

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-02-2017, 12:35 PM
4-0 now, so easy.

No Sparky?

patch1875
Dembele is different class.

Jim44
Celtic look very good but the ICT defence is an embarrassment.

Onceinawhile
11-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Love to know how sinclair got away with his dive.

weecounty hibby
11-02-2017, 12:41 PM
He's a Celtic player. Even the commentators said it should have been a booking. Henderson looks every inch a first team player for them. Can't see him being back at Hibs any time soon unfortunately

Jim44
11-02-2017, 12:41 PM
What a shift Liam is putting in. Always looking for the ball. This he will be in BRs plans for a long time

Been subbed, but he looks knackered.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
How did Forrest miss that? :confused:

ICT are effing woeful!

Is It On....
11-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Lots of empty seats.

So far ONE shot from ICT..

lucky
11-02-2017, 12:46 PM
The reason it's on tv is viewing figures are higher for the Old Firm that's why they get choosen every round

High-On-Hibs
11-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Who in the name o' the wee man thought that this fixture was going to entertain anybody but a Celtic fan? A team who have gone unbeaten in 29 games in all competitions at home against a team with the worst defensive record in the Premiership. Half time and its been as predictably one sided as anybody apart from the BBC could have predicted it would be .... ICT have barely strung two passes together, never mind had a shot on goal.

Dunfermline v Hamilton, Ross County v Aberdeen, St Johnstone v Partick Thistle ... even Sevco v Morton from tomorrows fixtures would have been a more entertaining game to cover than this one sided borefest ...... 3 - 0 as I type.

Sad.

Viewing figures.

They know there will be plenty of weegie pondlife watching this from their couch. They also know that the vast majority of football fans who are whinging that it's on will still be watching it anyway.

Moulin Yarns
11-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Viewing figures.

They know there will be plenty of weegie pondlife watching this from their couch. They also know that the vast majority of football fans who are whinging that it's on will still be watching it anyway.

There sounds like a few weegie pondlife are at the game by the 'folk songs' I am hearing.

And BTW real pondlife have a use, this lot don't.

hibsbollah
11-02-2017, 01:02 PM
ICT are ****ing woeful. They've stopped marking.

lugz
11-02-2017, 01:02 PM
5-0

The way they are going about this season I can't see them not winning the treble.

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2017, 01:03 PM
The reason it's on tv is viewing figures are higher for the Old Firm that's why they get choosen every round

I know mate, it was a rhetorical question, by the looks of it thousands of the smellies have opted for the stay at home option which will no doubt please the BBC if not Celtic and ICT...... I did pretty well and stayed tuned in until the 3rd goal.

It may be good for viewing figures but they couldn't have chosen a better game to show Scottish football in the worst possible light if they tried.

patch1875
11-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Keeper seems petrified every time Celtic attack

Betty Boop
11-02-2017, 01:06 PM
6-0

Thecat23
11-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Hand them the cup now, it's ****ing embarrassing how far ahead they are of everyone!

High-On-Hibs
11-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Still think we could beat them.

Thecat23
11-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Still think we could beat them.

I'd change that username to "High-on-drugs"

Betty Boop
11-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Doubt Griffiths is going to get a look in after Rogers comments about some Scottish players.

HibbyAndy
11-02-2017, 01:22 PM
I'd change that username to "High-on-drugs"

He's right though, On any given day celtc can be beaten that's for sure. Look at Sevco last season they knocked them out, Celtc are miles and miles ahead of any team in Scotland but they can be beaten.

Since90+2
11-02-2017, 01:30 PM
He's right though, On any given day celtc can be beaten that's for sure. Look at Sevco last season they knocked them out, Celtc are miles and miles ahead of any team in Scotland but they can be beaten.

Celtic under Rodgers are light years ahead compared to them under Delia last season. I'd be amazed if anyone but them won the Scottish.

GreenCastle
11-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Dembele is different class.

Big fish - small pond. Decent up here but don't believe the hype and value.

Henderson seems to be getting more game time - making a Hibs return less probable by the minute he plays. Getting promoted mah change that if he wants to play every week.

Celtic Scottish cup winners..someone is going to catch them on a serious of off day as right now they are pretty much strolling every game. Would love to draw them at ER though and see how we get on.

As said about this Celtic team is miles ahead of the Delia mess of a team. Rangers beating Celtic last year was best thing which happened for them as they sacked him and got Rodgers in.

where'stheslope
11-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Just Sinclair?

A team that was 3-0 up at the time, and the players were diving all over the place?

No wonder Scott Brown is fed up with DIVING, how many times do they practice at training?

On another note, each dive was clearly seen by the referee yet he never even looked like getting a card out?

Also Scott Brown was lucky with getting the Inverness player book for retaliation, as he clearly can be seen standing on the players toes before hand, funnily enough no one on the TV noticed or said anything about it!!!

Jim44
11-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Doubt Griffiths is going to get a look in after Rogers comments about some Scottish players.

He could easily get back into favour if he had the will to toe the line. A leopard can't change it's spots, in this case it's Griffiths and hoops.

Betty Boop
11-02-2017, 01:34 PM
He could easily get back into favour if he had the will to toe the line. A leopard can't change it's spots, in this case it's Griffiths and hoops.

:agree: Disappointing.

lord bunberry
11-02-2017, 01:35 PM
I'd love a crack at Celtic in the next round.

ekhibee
11-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Celtic under Rodgers are light years ahead compared to them under Delia last season. I'd be amazed if anyone but them won the Scottish.
This. Can't see anybody beating them in the Scottish Cup. Stranger things have happened, mind you.

11-02-2017, 02:37 PM
"Big fish in a small pond" maybe but you cannot deny that Dembele is different class. Only 20 years old. Got a huge future ahead of him if he keeps going the way he is and don't get any bad injuries.

As much as I'd have loved Henderson to come back to us, i'm delighted to see him doing well. Hope he has a very successful career. Boys got a fantastic work ethic and attitude. A young guy with lots of talent but isn't one of these billy bigbaws characters like young players can often become once they start getting noticed. All the very best to him. Forever a legend for his heroics on the 21st of May 2016.

Celtic are absolutely miles ahead of anyone else in the country. You may as well just hand them the league trophy now as nobody will get even remotely close to them. Hard to see them not winning the SC either. The fact they have the likes of Griffiths on the bench says it all.

Jim44
11-02-2017, 03:35 PM
"Big fish in a small pond" maybe but you cannot deny that Dembele is different class. Only 20 years old. Got a huge future ahead of him if he keeps going the way he is and don't get any bad injuries.

As much as I'd have loved Henderson to come back to us, i'm delighted to see him doing well. Hope he has a very successful career. Boys got a fantastic work ethic and attitude. A young guy with lots of talent but isn't one of these billy bigbaws characters like young players can often become once they start getting noticed. All the very best to him. Forever a legend for his heroics on the 21st of May 2016.

Celtic are absolutely miles ahead of anyone else in the country. You may as well just hand them the league trophy now as nobody will get even remotely close to them. Hard to see them not winning the SC either. The fact they have the likes of Griffiths on the bench says it all.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Griffiths is so far out of favour, he doesn't even make the bench. I don't think he is injured.

ekhibee
11-02-2017, 03:36 PM

Yep, and the thing is they've got a good blend of youth and experience. Tierney is one of the best young players I've seen in recent years, Henderson's proved what he can do when he's given the chance, and Dembele's a goal machine. Celtic will struggle to hold on to them at the end of the season.

Tom Hart RIP
11-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Sorry to be pedantic, but Griffiths is so far out of favour, he doesn't even make the bench. I don't think he is injured.

I thought the commentator said Leigh had a calf problem.

Jim44
11-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I thought the commentator said Leigh had a calf problem.

I didn't hear that. Nevertheless, all the recent talk about Scottish players relying on skill alone and not leading a professional life style was sparked off by Rodgers' dissatisfaction with Griffiths. He's definitely not flavour of the month at Parkhead.

jacomo
11-02-2017, 04:02 PM
I didn't hear that. Nevertheless, all the recent talk about Scottish players relying on skill alone and not leading a professional life style was sparked off by Rodgers' dissatisfaction with Griffiths. He's definitely not flavour of the month at Parkhead.

Working his ticket back to the original greens I'm sure.

:wink:

FC Leige
11-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Incredible that BBC thought this would be more interesting than a Edinburgh Derby

O'Rourke3
11-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Incredible that BBC thought this would be more interesting than a Edinburgh Derby

Every BBC sports bulletin is naming the Edinburgh Derby the tie of the round. It's possible Sky insisted.