PDA

View Full Version : Question Sundays result

10-02-2017, 01:11 AM
What is everyones score predictions and who will score.
Hate to say it but i'm going 2-1 Hearts. Cummings to score for us.

NZ Green
10-02-2017, 01:16 AM
Honestly no idea. 2-2 seems to stick in my head but we did that last year!

10-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Honestly no idea. 2-2 seems to stick in my head but we did that last year!
Maybe. Whoever wins will win by 1 goal in my opinion

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
10-02-2017, 01:29 AM
2-1 Hibs.

Brian Graham last minute winner. Get your money on it. :hyper

10-02-2017, 01:31 AM
2-1 Hibs.

Brian Graham last minute winner. Get your money on it. :hyper
Brian Graham 😂 more chance of Laidlaw scoring

Hibeewilly
10-02-2017, 01:46 AM

2-0 Hibs Cummings and McGinn

10-02-2017, 01:47 AM
2-0 Hibs Cummings and McGinn
Hopefully mate

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I think we'll do a job on them and win 3-0.

10-02-2017, 02:09 AM
I think we'll do a job on them and win 3-0.
I think they will score. Im putting a bet on hibs to win both teams to score. I stick by my prediction tho but hope I am wrong and hope I win my bet lol

JackLadd
10-02-2017, 02:46 AM
Can't say I'm that confident after drawing at home against a mob like Ayr, but if you watched the Hertz game vs Motherwell they only won 0-3 because of the red card. Before that there was nothing in it. Set about them and don't let them dictate like they did vs Sevco last week. Do that and we can get a win or replay. 1-1.

coldingham hibs
10-02-2017, 04:54 AM
Hearts to win 3-0. I have a horrible feeling we will be bullied at the back and will struggle to cope with their two up front. I also cannot see where our goals will come from. Hopefully I'm way off the mark.

Unseen work
10-02-2017, 05:18 AM
Hearts convincing win.

Holt will score early then we will fall apart.

This place will go into meltdown with many wanting Lennon gone.

Santa Cruz
10-02-2017, 07:47 AM
To stick with the doom and gloom theme I'm going for 0-0 and they'll horse us 5-1 in the replay.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2017, 07:49 AM
I wasn't confident at all but as the weeks gone on I've started to feel a bit better again. Maybe the memory of the Ayr performance is starting to fade. Probably also being a bit more objective in my assessment of Hearts which is really a good performance v Rangers and decent enough v Motherwell with a man advantage but pretty crap other than that in the last 2 months.

1-1 or 2-1 Hibs.

Since90+2
10-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Strange how things can change so quickly in football , if this question was asked 2 weeks ago most folk would likely have tipped us to win.

I think we will get at least a draw.

onlyonesauzee4
10-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Hopefully none of the players look at this doom and gloom thread! Hibs to get in their faces and get an early goal. 2-1 to the cup holders

Glory Lurker
10-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Normal Cathro service will be resumed. A horrible return to earth approaches for our jambo chums. Two nil Hibs. GGTTH.

Green Cabbage 7
10-02-2017, 07:59 AM
3-4 Hibs 🇳🇬🏆🇳🇬

Salt N Sauzee
10-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Think the nature of the tie, with us being the cup holders and them not beating us since 2014 it's all geared towards a Hearts win. However, we can beat them if we turn up, they aren't anything special.

SirDavidsNapper
10-02-2017, 08:06 AM
I'd take a replay just to keep the run over them going

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Hopefully none of the players look at this doom and gloom thread! Hibs to get in their faces and get an early goal. 2-1 to the cup holders
:agree: I've never known such negativity going into a derby.

Smartie
10-02-2017, 08:08 AM
1-1 and then we beat them in a moneyspinning replay.

Fife-Hibee
10-02-2017, 08:12 AM
3.1 to the cabbage. Bring it on cannae wait to put these f...ers back in there boxes !! GGTTH

Steve20
10-02-2017, 08:14 AM
They've scored seven more goals in the Premier than we have in the championship. We struggle to score, which is worrying.

Realistically 2-0 them.

One_Sauzee
10-02-2017, 08:17 AM
To stick with the doom and gloom theme I'm going for 0-0 and they'll horse us 5-1 in the replay.

Deary me... :confused:

10-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Nah theyll beat us but not 5-1. 2/3-0 if we manage a replay

Santa Cruz
10-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Deary me... :confused:

I was being facetious mate - I'm hopeful we'll win by the odd goal.

Pete
10-02-2017, 08:27 AM
:agree: I've never known such negativity going into a derby.

Just the way I like it mate.

If you make the Wheatfield on Sunday then give us a shout and we can meet at half time on the concourse near the hibs end. That's where the boys will be.

Maybe a wee sing song if we can get away with it!

greenpaper55
10-02-2017, 08:41 AM
On paper they should win as they have been splashing the cash on better players than we have but until a few weeks ago they were gash so i hope they revert to that . No idea what the score will be but i think they will win but to be honest getting out of this crappy league is more important than Sundays result.

10-02-2017, 08:45 AM
On paper they should win as they have been splashing the cash on better players than we have but until a few weeks ago they were gash so i hope they revert to that . No idea what the score will be but i think they will win but to be honest getting out of this crappy league is more important than Sundays result.
Lets hope the new players just see it as another game. Every single one of our players even the new ones know the meaning of a derby imo

Thecat23
10-02-2017, 08:48 AM

How do we know they have better players? They have played 2 games, The Rangers were honking and the Well game they were poor until the red card which changed the game.

Can't see us losing this game I really can't.

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Just the way I like it mate.

If you make the Wheatfield on Sunday then give us a shout and we can meet at half time on the concourse near the hibs end. That's where the boys will be.

Maybe a wee sing song if we can get away with it!
I'll do just that mate. By the end of the game we'll be the only ones left and we can celebrate properly.

JennaFletcher
10-02-2017, 08:59 AM
As touched on before, on paper they should win but derbies are very erratic and totally unpredictable. Jambos are confident of a gubbing (4 or 5 nil!)

Tynecastle is always a tough venue but I fancy us to sneak it - 2-1

McGinn with a screamer and Cummings with a Cummings esque goal

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 09:59 AM
How do we know they have better players? They have played 2 games, The Rangers were honking and the Well game they were poor until the red card which changed the game.

:agree: In those 2 games everything went in their favour. On Sunday they'll face a hibs team full of fight and skill and a manager that knows how to get the job done in big games.
Im even more confident than I was last year. Last year Stokes had a bit of a mare in the first game, he insisted on taking all the free kicks and was hopeless when a chance came his way from open play. Imo we would have won the game in the 90 minutes if Stokes had been a bit more up to speed.
Hearts won't even get a replay this year.

Col2
10-02-2017, 10:03 AM
0-0 Blood and guts and a couple of red cards...

2-1 Hibs in replay. Hearts meltdown and home game versus East Fife in the quarters for the cup holders.

wookie70
10-02-2017, 10:04 AM

If he gets time on the pitch there is more chance Brian Graham will score than every player we have excepting Jason. he must be the only Hibs player to get criticised for doing well in the limited chances afforded to him.

Betty Boop
4-1 them unfortunately.

0-0 Blood and guts and a couple of red cards...

2-1 Hibs in replay. Hearts meltdown and home game versus East Fife in the quarters for the cup holders.
Best prediction so far but would love to do the buisness at tynie really dont fancy forking out anymore money for a replay 😂

Leith's finest
10-02-2017, 10:08 AM
0.7 with ex jambo cummings to nod in number 7

Captain Trips
10-02-2017, 10:09 AM

I cannot agree with the on paper part for me as I have no clue how good a lot of those players they have just bought are after such a short time that though is just me that doesn't know a lot about them.

I know however what Hibs players can do and have every confidence in them to go to *********** and put in a performance ending in a 2-1 Victory for us. For me Hearts are an unknown.

Big L
10-02-2017, 10:12 AM
History to repeat itself, a hard fought draw on Sunday, back to ER and a win for Hibs in front of a full house. GGTTH.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2017, 10:12 AM
It's so difficult to predict a game like this. Hearts have to be favourites, and I can't see us winning the tie there, so I'm going for 1-1. I think the teams are well matched, and Lennon will have our players motivated.

An early goal or red card could produce some crazy result, but I think it more likely to be a tight game. If we play to our best, we have a good chance of going through.

southern hibby
10-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Said in another forum first goal is crucial as always but more so if it's against Hearts. This new team have not went behind yet. However when The Rangers pulled it back hearts looked like they were expecting the onslaught to come.

If we could score first they will attack trying to pull it back and leave more space at the back for us to exploit. If this happens can see Hibs winning 3-0 or 3-1 depending on team we put out.

Can I just add obviously like every other fan in a derby I want the win and to humiliate them for the bragging rights. But this is one game we've already won even if we get beat. They cannot take away 21/5/16 no matter how much it hurts. They can rub me up all they want if they win but inside the eternal flame of that day burns like an inferno that can never be extinguished.

GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
10-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Can't see anything but a Hearts win, I don't think they have that much a better side.. but think they take chances better than we do & luck will favour them.

We got luck in the game when Wotherspoon scored the year following their tainted win, so just can't see us having the joy of another win over them this time.

Hope I'm wrong and we do it, we stepped up against D UTD in an important game.... and we have to do that and some this Sunday.

3-1 Hearts.

Mathias Jack
10-02-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm not gonna read too much into their last couple of games, especially the one against the Huns, I think we would've pumped them too.

I'll go for 3-2 Hibs, Cummings...McGregor...Holt

1875M
10-02-2017, 10:53 AM
i see both teams scoring a lot of goals, something like a 3-3 or 4-3. Also putting money on Walker to score anytime, as much as it pains me to say it.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Derbies are always difficult to predict. As mentioned by others, ask this question 2 weeks ago and everyone was swaggering to Tynecastle and wiping the floor with the cheats. Fast forward to now and we're not so confident? Nothing has changed in my eyes. They've still got an inexperienced manager who's never been in this situation and atmosphere. Can he motivate them prior to the game? What if we're 1 up at half time? Does he have the ability and authority to inspire a comeback? We go in as underdogs which, at tynecastle happens every time. We're still a championship side but we've got a manager who's been involved in some very high octane matches so knows what this is about. Has a great record at tynecastle and with players like Lewy, Mcgregor, SDG, SJM, Fyvie, Bartley and Jase there's no chance of us going there and lying down in anyway. tough one to call but i'm going Hibs 3-1 with the third coming late on as the cheats chase an equaliser and that money spinning replay

RStar16
10-02-2017, 10:58 AM
2-0 Fontaine and Stevenson

Waxy
10-02-2017, 11:03 AM
0-0

Diclonius
10-02-2017, 11:16 AM
2-1 Hearts. I've seen too many abject defeats at Tynecastle after we were supposedly "turning the corner" against them to be optimistic.

We've got a better chance than most recent visits there though.

Gordy M
10-02-2017, 11:47 AM
We dont concede a lot of goals....when was the last time we conceded 2 let alone 3. Not very often. Im going 0-1 or 1-2 to us.:flag:

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Where are folk getting us losing 3/4 goals from? It could well happen but when was the last time we lost 2 goals never mind 3/4? That is a terrible prediction.

WeeRussell
10-02-2017, 12:21 PM
I'll wait until I see what team Mr Lennon goes with before I make any predictions or get my hopes up/down.

One_Sauzee
10-02-2017, 12:39 PM
I was being facetious mate - I'm hopeful we'll win by the odd goal.

Phew :thumbsup:

I think it will be tight. Whoever gets first goal will go on and win.

JC for first goal :flag:

HappyHanlon
10-02-2017, 12:45 PM
They'll score with their usual flukey shot from 35yrd that takes a deflection.

But we'll win 3-1

broondog
10-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Hearts convincing win.

Holt will score early then we will fall apart.

This place will go into meltdown with many wanting Lennon gone.

Honestly pathetic stuff from some on here. What a negative fanbase we have, itīs no wonder we bottle games that we should be winning so often with so much negativity coming from the stands.

Current form is irrelevant, take a look at both teams, we are far superior in every department. Iīm not even sure a single Hearts player would make it into our first 11. Their signings are garbage and most of them donīt know the derby which believe me is a big thing we have going for us.

Canīt see anything other than a comfortable Hibs win, 4-1 iīm going for. They have been awful in derbies lately, try and remember that before you start s****** yourselves

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 12:49 PM
No idea how this is going to go to be honest. We were poor against Ayr, but when the pressure was on and it came to a must win game against Dundee Utd we played as well as we have all season. The Yams have had two good results to turn around what was a less than inspiring start for Cathro, so going into the game they are arguably the form team, with home advantage to boot.

If Hibs play the way we have proved we can against top league opposition in the last two seasons we have a real chance, but the problem is that the Yams have a new manager and so many new players its difficult to predict what they will be like on the day ..... will the pressure to win get to them, or will the fact that beating Hibs defines Hertz .... IE 'whatever you do you must beat Hibs' have had time to sink in?

It surely will not be lost on Cathro that the previous manager who got them out of the Championship at the first time of asking and performing at the top end of the Premiership was practically driven out the door on the back of one game against Hibs .... and that manager had played for the club to boot.

There are too many variables to be able to call this game ...... if the Yams two recent performances are indicative of how the can play all the time we will have a real task on our hands ... if it was down to an utterly rank performance by Sevco and the fact that Motherwell played a huge chunk of the game with 10 men then the Yams may go into this game thinking they are much better than they actually are and that can only be to our benefit.

The above is just a long winded way of saying ...... I have no idea what the score will be :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
10-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Where are folk getting us losing 3/4 goals from? It could well happen but when was the last time we lost 2 goals never mind 3/4? That is a terrible prediction.

Hanlon is out
Last weeks conceded goal shows what we also are capable of doing & Fontaine can be dodgy
Hearts score quite a lot of goals
Hibs play in the Championship and are up against gash every week

Just some ideas.

Craig_in_Prague
10-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Honestly pathetic stuff from some on here. What a negative fanbase we have, itīs no wonder we bottle games that we should be winning so often with so much negativity coming from the stands.

Current form is irrelevant, take a look at both teams, we are far superior in every department. Iīm not even sure a single Hearts player would make it into our first 11. Their signings are garbage and most of them donīt know the derby which believe me is a big thing we have going for us.

Canīt see anything other than a comfortable Hibs win, 4-1 iīm going for. They have been awful in derbies lately, try and remember that before you start s****** yourselves

This is a message board, not anything to do with support in the stands!

KingFranck
10-02-2017, 12:52 PM
2 zip to the Hibees

Cummings double

get yer cash on it

Craig_in_Prague
10-02-2017, 12:53 PM
No idea how this is going to go to be honest. We were poor against Ayr, but when the pressure was on and it came to a must win game against Dundee Utd we played as well as we have all season. The Yams have had two good results to turn around what was a less than inspiring start for Cathro, so going into the game they are arguably the form team, with home advantage to boot.

If Hibs play the way we have proved we can against top league opposition in the last two seasons we have a real chance, but the problem is that the Yams have a new manager and so many new players its difficult to predict what they will be like on the day ..... will the pressure to win get to them, or will the fact that beating Hibs defines Hertz .... IE 'whatever you do you must beat Hibs' have had time to sink in?

It surely will not be lost on Cathro that the previous manager who got them out of the Championship at the first time of asking and performing at the top end of the Premiership was practically driven out the door on the back of one game against Hibs .... and that manager had played for the club to boot.

There are too many variables to be able to call this game ...... if the Yams two recent performances are indicative of how the can play all the time we will have a real task on our hands ... if it was down to an utterly rank performance by Sevco and the fact that Motherwell played a huge chunk of the game with 10 men then the Yams may go into this game thinking they are much better than they actually are and that can only be to our benefit.

The above is just a long winded way of saying ...... I have no idea what the score will be :rolleyes:

lol, good post ! It does sum things up.

For me it's about being clinical in taking our chances and not letting Walker waltz around in the last 3rd freely.

greenpaper55
10-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Ah, so why are we not in the same division as them if all their players are worse than ours ? I see it's the fans fault again that we lose a few games !

WeeRussell
10-02-2017, 01:02 PM

Whilst I don't agree with a lot of the predictions... what's the point in moaning at people making predictions on a thread that asked for exactly that?

It's not negativity from the stands - it's people offering what they THINK the result will end up being.

Turkish Green
10-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Hopefully, my heart over my head.

My heart says 1-2 to us.
My head says 3-0 to them.

Jones28
10-02-2017, 01:10 PM
0-4 Hibs, because why the **** not

Superfurry72
10-02-2017, 01:12 PM
I feel so weird about this game. At the start of the season my thoughts were the cups could take a back seat this season as promotion was the priority. I still believe that, I just don't want to go out to them. I want us to win the game, even though don't think we'll retain the cup. As regards my prediction, it's just too tough to call. I do think we stand taller in derbies at the moment, and the psychological edge could be crucial. We're more than capable of going there and getting a result, i'm just not certain we will.

As another poster said though, even if we do go out, we'll get over it - and they'll never be able to take away what happened last year from us. Last year I'd have taken the Scottish Cup over promotion, this year it's the other way round. Just as long as they don't win it if they knock us out!!

GGTTH - let's get intae them!!

High-On-Hibs
10-02-2017, 01:15 PM
The **** is wrong with people on here?! :grr:

3-0 to the famous. Super John McGinn hattrick! :flag:

HappyHanlon
10-02-2017, 01:17 PM
The **** is wrong with people on here?! :grr:

3-0 to the famous. Super John McGinn hattrick! :flag:

"The Famous" - sheesh, that's Hertz patter

Lago
10-02-2017, 01:18 PM
What is everyones score predictions and who will score.
Hate to say it but i'm going 2-1 Hearts. Cummings to score for us.
Agree

High-On-Hibs
10-02-2017, 01:18 PM
"The Famous" - sheesh, that's Hertz patter

Seriously? :faf:

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 01:20 PM
lol, good post ! It does sum things up.

For me it's about being clinical in taking our chances and not letting Walker waltz around in the last 3rd freely.

One thing I would add about the Dundee Utd game ....... Though it was a great result and we did play well it wasn't lost on me that Utd were allowed a lot of possession in the middle of the park, it was no coincidence that Marvin Bartley was man of the match that night, it was mostly down to his outstanding performance that Utd couldn't turn that possession into dangerous balls in the final 3rd.

If Hibs try to play the same system at Tynecastle Bartley has to start and more to the point has to replicate his performance against Utd .... I do wish Hanlon was playing, he is the constant at CH, its always Hanlon and whoever else gets in beside him ... if NL was planning on playing 3 at the back on Sunday then he has to play Forster whose lack of game time could be a factor ... he is a goal threat at corners mind.

High-On-Hibs
10-02-2017, 01:22 PM
For those saying we can't win because we just drew with Ayr. We drew with Livingston before beating them last time. The last game counts for nothing.

Eddie Burntool
10-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately, no chance we are winning this unless we get lucky.
Best case scenario - they have an off-day and we sneak a win.
Worst case scenario - rugby score.
You never know in the derby but got to be realistic.

CallumLaidlaw
10-02-2017, 01:45 PM

What a load of rubbish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2017, 01:51 PM
You never know in the derby but got to be realistic.Yes and a rugby score is being realistic. A goal either way is being realistic because that is what happens in every derby.

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Am I missing something here? Up until last week thy had won 1 in 10. They've made a load of signings and suddenly their world beaters!! Let me run through a few players that we thought were decent after a couple of games.
Kujabi
Hayes
Paulsson
Grounds
Zarabi
Hurtado
i could go on and on. We've nothing to fear from them.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 02:07 PM

Ye gods ...... Years of being a Hibby have taught me never to approach any derby thinking Hibs are a cert, in fact its always a case of hope over expectation because 90% of the time they buggers seem to get the luck. But I'm struggling to see how you come to this conclusion, Hibs have proved over the last few seasons that we are good enough not to be relying on luck to win matches against anybody ..... lets hope the players and manager are a bit more positive about the game than you are in your first sentence.

Apprehension is one thing .... filling yer pants and running up the white flag before a shot is fired is quite another :bitchy:

heretoday
10-02-2017, 02:12 PM
We are going to murder these people! They are nothing!

Hibs are "simply the best".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLi-KJJTSyc

Waxy
10-02-2017, 02:18 PM
The pitch is going to be pretty bad.It cant dry out now so we'll see a bobble or seven.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, no chance we are winning this unless we get lucky. Best case scenario - they have an off-day and we sneak a win. Worst case scenario - rugby score. You never know in the derby but got to be realistic. hahaha you're at it Scottish Cup Champions 2016

Waxy
10-02-2017, 02:35 PM
You never know in the derby but got to be realistic.Really?

pacoluna
10-02-2017, 02:36 PM
This thread is full of ****

Captain Trips
10-02-2017, 02:47 PM
We know who we are going into this game with and what they can do. Players who have played together pretty much all season and by and large have been winning all season. They are rebuilding and have just signed a whole host of players some may be good some may not.

I have no doubts at all with the team as it is and the mentality of being a team over the last 4,5 months this is the little bit extra that will see us win this match, no replay will be needed. There is no gulf here we have the experience and they don't.

Solid defence, midfield players more than capable of playing for SPL clubs for fun and a striker who has damaged them before. We are winning this pure and simple.

JackLadd
10-02-2017, 02:58 PM
The Yams are over confident. When you splurge on free transfer signings to fix a poor side and crap manager it usually give a lift, a temporary lift. :agree:

green day
10-02-2017, 03:04 PM

Nice try

Eddie Burntool
10-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Ye gods ...... Years of being a Hibby have taught me never to approach any derby thinking Hibs are a cert, in fact its always a case of hope over expectation because 90% of the time they buggers seem to get the luck. But I'm struggling to see how you come to this conclusion, Hibs have proved over the last few seasons that we are good enough not to be relying on luck to win matches against anybody ..... lets hope the players and manager are a bit more positive about the game than you are in your first sentence.

Apprehension is one thing .... filling yer pants and running up the white flag before a shot is fired is quite another :bitchy:

Not running up the white flag - anything is possible. Don't get me wrong, looking forward to the game and getting a result would be wonderful. I just tend to be a bit negative due to past history - the amount of times I've had high hopes and had them dashed to pieces has over the years brought out the cynic in me!

houstonhibbee
10-02-2017, 03:08 PM

all depends what shows on the day

if hearts perform as they did v rangers which we have to assume is likely then if we are at our best we can at least get a draw - but if the performance against Ayr is offered we will get skelped

Waxy
10-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Not running up the white flag - anything is possible. Don't get me wrong, looking forward to the game and getting a result would be wonderful. I just tend to be a bit negative due to past history - the amount of times I've had high hopes and had them dashed to pieces has over the years brought out the cynic in me!

Past history? 0-7? 2 up with 10 minutes to go? Thats history.

Eddie Burntool
10-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Past history? 0-7? 2 up with 10 minutes to go? Thats history.

Ah right. Shot down and called a Jambo for expressing an opinion, is that how it works on here? Bloody hell, am I just supposed to be a sheep and conform to everyone else's views, then?

Right then - we'll pump them 4-0 then, is that better?

Just trying to be honest, ffs.

Oscar T Grouch
10-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Ah right. Shot down and called a Jambo for expressing an opinion, is that how it works on here? Bloody hell, am I just supposed to be a sheep and conform to everyone else's views, then?

Naebodies called you a jambo, the mega negative post was bound to be questioned, we've no been beat by them in 5 games, last year we put them oot the cup on the way to winning it. I see no reason to be negative about this game and I am as cynical as they come!

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2017, 03:22 PM

Just trying to be honest, ffs.You think a rugby score is being honest?

steve75
10-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Naebodies called you a jambo, the mega negative post was bound to be questioned, we've no been beat by them in 5 games, last year we put them oot the cup on the way to winning it. I see no reason to be negative about this game and I am as cynical as they come!

He is though...

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hib_of_Midlothian_FC

green day
10-02-2017, 03:26 PM

Nobody called you a jambo, and there are very few sheep on here. Plenty think we will lose.

Your comments about a rugby score sound less reasoned than inflammatory, which is perhaps why you got flames back?

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 03:27 PM
He is though...

Good find. Ltyf :greengrin

Eddie Burntool
10-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Nobody called you a jambo, and there are very few sheep on here. Plenty think we will lose.

Your comments about a rugby score sound less reasoned than inflammatory, which is perhaps why you got flames back?

Fair doos, maybe a bit too negative, I honestly don't think it'll be that bad, even worst case scenario but my point still stands - fingers crossed but it's a tough fixture and we will have to be at our best to get anything!

green day
10-02-2017, 03:30 PM
He is though...

Well spotted, I was trying to be reasonable. The laddie must have a lot of time on his hands between chugs to come up with that nonsense.

Always obsessed.

Eddie Burntool
10-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Good find. Ltyf :greengrin

Aye, that's where I got the name. So what?

This is shan patter! Absolutely jumped on for putting forward an OPINION.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2017, 03:33 PM

I think the problem mate is that your original post went way beyond the natural apprehension that most Hibbies feel before 'any' derby .... I've lost count of the number of times Hibs have drawn derbies we deserved to win or lost derbies we deserved to draw .... but a couple of decent results from them and one poor performance from us doesn't equate to "unfortunately we have no chance of winning" no matter how long you have been following Hibs.

I have to admit that after reading such an ultra negative post even I was checking your user name to see if it was an anagram.

steve75
10-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Well spotted, I was trying to be reasonable. The laddie must have a lot of time on his hands between chugs to come up with that nonsense.

Always obsessed.

Place will be crawling with them over the next couple days. Lots of posters with low post counts chipping in.

Not me though :greengrin

Waxy
10-02-2017, 04:01 PM

I'm not saying your a jambo.If you take out the periods hearts have been financially doped then our history against them would look alot different.

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Aye, that's where I got the name. So what?

This is shan patter! Absolutely jumped on for putting forward an OPINION.

I did put a smiley on the end of my post to suggest I wasn't being serious. I couldn't really care less if you're a Jambo or not. I've never been one for calling out people based on what they post or their post count.

Pete
10-02-2017, 04:50 PM
I just tend to be a bit negative due to past history - the amount of times I've had high hopes and had them dashed to pieces has over the years brought out the cynic in me!

It will indeed be tough if you want to look at it objectively.

If you want to bring past history into it then the only team that should really be worried is them.

CL0762
10-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Butterflies have kicked in now.

I don't care how we do it, as long as we beat them. That's all I want.

Sean1875
10-02-2017, 05:15 PM
1-1 then 2-0 Hibs in the replay. **** them. :aok::flag:

IlDiavola
10-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I think we will get beat but not by a big margin.

Please let me be wrong.

Eyrie
10-02-2017, 08:16 PM
I'll take a scrappy one nil win on Sunday please.

Place will be crawling with them over the next couple days. Lots of posters with low post counts chipping in.

Not me though :greengrin

LTYF! :na na:

Stax
10-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Scrappy 1-0 for us, pressure all on them, they lose & their season is finished. I'd normally take a draw & back to the San siro but I just want this game out the way.

Waxy
10-02-2017, 08:34 PM
2-3 David Gray scoring the winner in injury time?

chrisski33
10-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Think the nature of the tie, with us being the cup holders and them not beating us since 2014 it's all geared towards a Hearts win. However, we can beat them if we turn up, they aren't anything special.

My thoughts too!

Stax
10-02-2017, 08:44 PM
2-3 David Gray scoring the winner in injury time?
That'll do me :greengrin

The Green Goblin
10-02-2017, 08:45 PM

What about recent history, in which they have been pish against us?

21st May washed away all previous heartbreak and cynicism for me. Did it not for you?

ShanksSaidNo
10-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Still nae idea how to call this one.

The only thing I've made my mind up on is I hope Lenny goes 3 at the back. Foster McGregor Fontaine.

We've looked solid playing that way this season (fair doo's Hanlon has played a big part in that) and it's a tight park so I'd be comfortable with Gray and Stevenson playing as wing backs.

SON OF PADDY
10-02-2017, 09:16 PM
3.1 to the cabbage. Bring it on cannae wait to put these f...ers back in there boxes !! GGTTH

That's my bet 25/1 1-3 to the Hibees !!!
Bring these Gorgie pricks back down to earth.😀😀

SON OF PADDY
10-02-2017, 09:24 PM

I'm with you brother !! Get your cash on the Hibs. 💷💷💷💷💸💸💸

Hi Heid Yin
10-02-2017, 10:11 PM
1-1 and then we beat them in a moneyspinning replay.

I'll 2nd that:agree:

Sir David Gray
10-02-2017, 10:35 PM
2-1 to the Scottish Cup holders.

Turkish Green
11-02-2017, 04:31 PM
I would have been confident if it was the Neilson defence of:
Smith, Souttar, Rossi, Rherras

But Cathro had added experience during the window and the resultant: Slovenian guy, Greek guy, Ulsterman and German guy look strong.

it is at Tynecastle, I fear we will concede an early goal then struggle until HT. but 1-1 at FT.

ancient hibee
11-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Impossible to predict.No idea how Hearts will play.New team means past results don't matter apart from the confidence our team takes from them.

emerald green
11-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Anything can happen in a derby. Especially so when it's a cup tie.

The only thing I'll predict is that the weasel Walker (and his team mates) will be throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity in and around the penalty box. Collum needs to be strong in dealing with it. But will he?

Pete
11-02-2017, 05:04 PM
So who's standing in our way? Teams left in the hat:

Celtic
Sheep
Patrick
St Mirren
Hamilton/Dunfermline
Ayr/Clyde
The Rangers/Morton
Hibs/it's ok...eh?

Ronniekirk
11-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Anything can happen in a derby. Especially so when it's a cup tie.

The only thing I'll predict is that the weasel Walker (and his team mates) will be throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity in and around the penalty box. Collum needs to be strong in dealing with it. But will he?
Foster got the wrong side of the Bonnyrigg Rose Player and he dived and got the Pen So agree Ref needs to be strong
Would of preferred if Hanlon was playing and we had a match fit Dylan driving us forward
Really not sure how to call this one ,but dont see it being a draw So we ate going to need to score two goals to sneak it 2 1

SteveHFC
11-02-2017, 05:12 PM
I just can't see us losing tomorrow.

I'll happily take a 1-0 scrappy win.

Hi Heid Yin
11-02-2017, 05:55 PM
History to repeat itself, a hard fought draw on Sunday, back to ER and a win for Hibs in front of a full house. GGTTH.

I concur:agree:

northstandhibby
11-02-2017, 05:57 PM

I would very happily settle for this!!

:agree:

glory glory

PeterboroHibee
11-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Its hard to predict, but we generally do quite well in games against 'better' opposition so I wouldnt look too much into the likes of the Ayr result. The onus will also be on Hearts to take the game to us, which will give our pacey players more space and Cummings has a really good record against them. Watching them recently the main concern I would have is they just boot our players off the pitch.

Mr White
11-02-2017, 06:37 PM
My prediction is hearts will be entirely minging. Their strip, their stadium, their fan's hygiene and questionable genetics, their tactics and their player's willingness to cheat. Their whole existance and reason for being is absolutely rancid.

If there's any justice in this world there will be sad faces and a grim atmosphere in the john robertson lounge come full time tomorrow.

Glory Lurker
11-02-2017, 07:13 PM
I'll say it again. Two scud Hibs. A couple of "aye, but.." wins doesn't make them any better than the side we were quietly confident of beating a couple of weeks ago.

wick hibby
11-02-2017, 07:19 PM
All I want is to be in the next round draw :greengrin

Canon Hannan
11-02-2017, 07:21 PM
I just can't see us losing tomorrow.

I'll happily take a 1-0 scrappy win.

Hearts 1 Hibernian 2
:flag::flag:

mjhibby
11-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Am I missing something here? Up until last week thy had won 1 in 10. They've made a load of signings and suddenly their world beaters!! Let me run through a few players that we thought were decent after a couple of games.
Kujabi
Hayes
Paulsson
Grounds
Zarabi
Hurtado
i could go on and on. We've nothing to fear from them.

Most level headed Jambos know this is a tough game either way. It could well be won by a scruffy goal or a mistake. 1-1 for me.

rcarter1
11-02-2017, 08:13 PM
I feel exactly the same as I did last year.. and I wasn't confident.

So Im going for a replay whereby according to Cathro, we just need to be beaten again.
And I will be going all out to get a ticket!

If our guys are really wanting to keep the title of Cup holders, then Hearts wont get an easy game.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

:giruy2:

:cup:

JohnMcM
11-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Butterflies have kicked in now.

I don't care how we do it, as long as we beat them. That's all I want.

Butterflies????

You lucky thing. I've got dragons with big long sharp pointy claws and flames coming out their nostrils.:flag:

Sir David Gray
11-02-2017, 10:20 PM
So who's standing in our way? Teams left in the hat:

Celtic
Sheep
Patrick
St Mirren
Hamilton/Dunfermline
Ayr/Clyde
The Rangers/Morton
Hibs/it's ok...eh?

None of the other sides have a hope of beating Celtic, they're around four or five levels above every other side in the country.

Waxy
12-02-2017, 03:22 PM
0-0
0-0 replay 0-0 extra time Hibs win on pens